Microsoft has to give them away!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/mashable/20100722/tc_mashable/microsoft_will_give
_a_free_windows_phone_7_device_to_every_employee

http://tinyurl.com/24wkaa4
0
Mike

"Mike" <mike@nonnfaba.invalid> wrote in message
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/mashable/20100722/tc_mashable/microsoft_will_give
> _a_free_windows_phone_7_device_to_every_employee
>
> http://tinyurl.com/24wkaa4

What an awesome company!

Microsoft rulz, Apple drools.

0
Rotten
7/22/2010 6:09:33 PM
"Rotten Apple" <rotten@pple.com> wrote in message

> "Mike" <mike@nonnfaba.invalid> wrote in message
>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/mashable/20100722/tc_mashable/microsoft_will_give
>> _a_free_windows_phone_7_device_to_every_employee
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/24wkaa4
>
> What an awesome company!
>
> Microsoft rulz, Apple drools.

Another nail.

0
XX
7/22/2010 7:30:24 PM
In article <xP%1o.27109$xZ2.2047@newsfe07.iad>,
 "Rotten Apple" <rotten@pple.com> wrote:

> Microsoft rulz, Apple drools.

And your grammar sucks. The correct spelling is "rules."
0
Rupert
7/22/2010 9:01:22 PM
"Rupert Bear" <rupert@nutwood.co.uk> wrote in message
> In article <xP%1o.27109$xZ2.2047@newsfe07.iad>,
> "Rotten Apple" <rotten@pple.com> wrote:
>>
>> Microsoft rulz, Apple drools.
>
> And your grammar sucks. The correct spelling is "rules."

Bite me.

0
Rotten
7/22/2010 10:12:58 PM
In article <Kn32o.464$F%7.220@newsfe10.iad>,
 "Rotten Apple" <rotten@pple.com> wrote:

> "Rupert Bear" <rupert@nutwood.co.uk> wrote in message
> > In article <xP%1o.27109$xZ2.2047@newsfe07.iad>,
> > "Rotten Apple" <rotten@pple.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Microsoft rulz, Apple drools.
> >
> > And your grammar sucks. The correct spelling is "rules."
>
> Bite me.

You're always so concerned when I write "Nopes" instead of "Nope",
so... :)

--
Sandman[.net]
0
"Sandman" <mr@sandman.net> wrote in message
> In article <Kn32o.464$F%7.220@newsfe10.iad>,
> "Rotten Apple" <rotten@pple.com> wrote:
>
>> "Rupert Bear" <rupert@nutwood.co.uk> wrote in message

>> > And your grammar sucks. The correct spelling is "rules."
>>
>> Bite me.
>
> You're always so concerned when I write "Nopes" instead of "Nope",
> so... :)

Blow me.

> --
> Sandman[.net]

0
Rotten
7/22/2010 10:48:57 PM
In article <Kn32o.464$F%7.220@newsfe10.iad>,
 "Rotten Apple" <rotten@pple.com> wrote:

> "Rupert Bear" <rupert@nutwood.co.uk> wrote in message
> > In article <xP%1o.27109$xZ2.2047@newsfe07.iad>,
> > "Rotten Apple" <rotten@pple.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Microsoft rulz, Apple drools.
> >
> > And your grammar sucks. The correct spelling is "rules."
>
> Bite me.

No thanks, Ballmer can have the honours.
0
Rupert
7/22/2010 11:18:35 PM
On 7/22/10 9:59 AM, Mike wrote:
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/mashable/20100722/tc_mashable/microsoft_will_give
> _a_free_windows_phone_7_device_to_every_employee
>
> http://tinyurl.com/24wkaa4

Jobs pulls an Oprah -- $12M in iPhones for all Apple employees
By Thomas Ricker  posted Jun 28th 2007 3:44PM
Breaking News

http://www.engadget.com/2007/06/28/jobs-pulls-an-oprah-12m-in-iphones-for-all-apple-employees/

Steve
0
Steve
7/22/2010 11:53:51 PM
In article <tV32o.27121$xZ2.20827@newsfe07.iad>,

> >> Bite me.
> >
> > You're always so concerned when I write "Nopes" instead of "Nope",
> > so... :)
>
> Blow me.

I'm not homosexual, Edwin. And I'm taken. Sorry.

--
Sandman[.net]
0

Rotten Apple wrote:
> "Mike" <mike@nonnfaba.invalid> wrote in message
> > http://news.yahoo.com/s/mashable/20100722/tc_mashable/microsoft_will_give
> > _a_free_windows_phone_7_device_to_every_employee
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/24wkaa4
>
> What an awesome company!
>
> Microsoft rulz, Apple drools.
0
enough
7/23/2010 2:06:07 PM

>> > You're always so concerned when I write "Nopes" instead of "Nope",
>> > so... :)
>>
>> Blow me.
>
> I'm not homosexual, Edwin. And I'm taken. Sorry.

Get to him after you're finished blowing me.

> --
> Sandman[.net]

0
Rotten
7/23/2010 6:37:05 PM
> In article <Kn32o.464$F%7.220@newsfe10.iad>,
> "Rotten Apple" <rotten@pple.com> wrote:
>
>> "Rupert Bear" <rupert@nutwood.co.uk> wrote in message

>> > And your grammar sucks. The correct spelling is "rules."
>>
>> Bite me.
>
> No thanks, Ballmer can have the honours.

Are there any Brits who aren't fags?

0
Rotten

Give it away, give it away, give it away, now...
Looking for that *special* present for a loved one? Imagine their surprise when they tear open the wrapping paper and find a complete Du Pont Eurosprint Cromalin system! Not only do you get an SRA3 laminator and Studio Press - but there's more. You also get a glow-in-the-dark Studio Frame. Seriously though... It's in good working order - but taking up too much space. This stuff is in London EC2 and heading for a skip unless somebody wants to rescue it. -- Martin Thanks for the morning laugh. If I lived in London and had a flatbed van...no, wait, doesn't it cost eight po...

sys.mac.advocacy
Hi, If you want to enter in a family website open up: http://www.familypk.com/ Its an entertainment website. Thanks ...

[News] [Rival] Microsoft is Giving Macs

Microsoft giving away S/W....
http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/10/17/yourmoney/msft.php "BRUSSELS: Microsoft accelerated its efforts to persuade European lawmakers that it was changing how it does business by announcing Tuesday that it would give away software to enable computers to run multiple operating systems at the same time" "Its announcement came only five days after Microsoft bowed to pressure from the European Commission and redesigned the upcoming Vista version of its Windows operating system to let it work smoothly with competitors' security, document and search programs" (Note to Trol...

Looks like Microsoft gives away WP7
Reading Nokia's Q2 2012 Interim Report, I see that:- <quote> Our agreement with Microsoft includes platform support payments from Microsoft to us as well as software royalty payments from us to Microsoft. In the second quarter 2012, we received a quarterly platform support payment of USD 250 million (approximately EUR 196 million). Under the terms of the agreement governing the platform support payments, the amount of each quarterly platform support payment is USD 250 million. We have a competitive software royalty structure, which includes annual minimum software ro...

Microsoft Gives Windows away! (Well almost)
Microsoft is obviously running VERY scared at the moment, it's going to sell windows for as little as US$3 in an attempt to double it's user base... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6571139.stm Verily I say unto thee, that Gordon spake thusly: > Microsoft is obviously running VERY scared at the moment, it's going to > sell windows for as little as US$3 in an attempt to double it's user > base... > > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6571139.stm This isn't news, Microsoft have been trying to muscle in on the OLPC project since it started. They ...

MacHeist are giving away free Mac apps for Christmas
....including a very cool game - Enigmo 2. See the following link: <http://givingtree.macheist.com/> Regards, Jamie Kahn Genet -- If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate. In article <1is9oxx.rgal1xg8gvprN%jamiekg@wizardling.geek.nz>, jamiekg@wizardling.geek.nz (Jamie Kahn Genet) wrote: > ...including a very cool game - Enigmo 2. See the following link: > <http://givingtree.macheist.com/> Thanks very much for the heads-up, Jamie! -- Send responses to the relevant news group rather than email to me. E-mail sent ...

[Stop Press] Microsoft to give away anti-virus
"Microsoft is poised to start giving away security software. The company is reportedly trialling free anti-virus software internally and said the beta version would be released "soon". Called Morro, the software will tackle viruses but lack the broader range of utilities, such as parental locks, found in paid-for security suites." http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8095932.stm Attila -- Registerd Linux user #445917 at http://counter.li.org/ Attila wrote: > "Microsoft is poised to start giving away security software. The > company is reportedly trialling fr...

Microsoft "giving away" MS Office
An interesting article, I thought:- http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-20001553-56.html I appears that MS are offering a "Starter Edition" of MS Office 2010 for free, with the ability to upgrade. I found the following absolutely fascinating. In fact, it sounds to be *exactly* what I was suggesting a few weeks ago with respect to the OS itself, thereby unbundling the OS from the computer!:- "To make buying that full copy of Office easier, Microsoft plans to flood stores with options to buy the product. In addition to the traditional boxed copies of the suite, M...

Microsoft should get used to giving Windows away for free

THINK/Symantec/Mac dev books
Hi, I have these books which are free for cost of shipping (from Melbourne, Australia): * Macintosh Revealed (Vol 2) Programming with the Toolbox (Apple Press, Chernicoff, 626pp) * HyperTalk Programming - "Includes version 1.1" (Shafer, 1988, 546pp) * Sybex Using the Macintosh Toolbox with C - Takatsuka, Huxham, Burnard (1986, 559pp) * Symantec C++ Visual Architect and THINK Class Library Guide (1022pp) * Symantec THINK C v6 User's Guide (832pp) * Symantec C++ v6 C++ Compiler Guide (100pp) * Symantec THINK C v6 Class Library Guide (1993, 568pp) * Symantec THINK C ...

Windows 7 so great Microsoft is giving it away for free
<Quote> When Microsoft released Windows Vista after 6 years and $6 billion of development, the company was so proud of its new product that it hiked the price dramatically over the existing Windows XP. Two and a half embarrassing years later, Microsoft is showing its pride in the revamped Windows 7 by unprecedentedly giving it away for a year, just to get people to try it.... What a difference two and a half years makes: the Windows Enthusiast pundits who were all once shaking their fists at the less than enthusiastic reviews for Vista are now themselves characterizing Vista as fetid ga...

Giving away Mac LC 4/75 and monitor
The hard disk (80 MB Quantum unit) in my LC 4/75 has died and as I no longer use this system much, I'm giving it away to anyone who wants to collect it from North London, UK. cheers, Andy ...

[News] Apple and Microsoft Restrict and Punish, Linux Gives Away
Microsoft Patents Method for Bringing "Pirated" Music Back onto the Reservation ,----[ Quote ] | I hear Motorola -- having been somewhat burned by Apple releasing its own | phone rather than continuing to license iTunes for Motorola's handsets -- is | switching their phones over to a Linux operating system. And the | Linux-powered OpenMoko Neo 1973 phone has already been released. It's | possible that users will gravitate towards phones that give them as much | freedom as their computers do, but on the other hands, Hollywood and the | labels are likely to pounce on t...

[News] [Rival] Microsoft Gives Software and Gifts to Mac Users
Female Mac Notebook Users Needed for Microsoft User Research Study ,----[ Quote ] | Each participant will receive two fully licensed Microsoft software title as | gratuity, in addition to a $100.00 gift card to Amazon.com. `---- http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/etc/386952223.html Related: Seattle Area Bloggers Needed for Microsoft User Research Study ,----[ Quote ] | For your participation, we'll give you your choice of retail | software and hardware from our extensive list. Current titles | include the latest Xbox, Xbox 360, and PC games, keyboards, | Microsoft Office, Windows, ...

[News] [Rival] Vista7 Stinks, So Microsoft Gives it Away, XP Too

Mac App Store giving away pay apps for free
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/01/07/app_store_receipt_fail/ <quotes> Security oversights mean that many of the applications in Apple's newly launched Mac App Store can easily be obtained without payment. A significant number of developers have disregarded Apple's advice on validating App Store receipts before making their software available through the store. As a result, many applications can be pirated. Applications bought through the store can be modified to run by any Apple user (not just restricted to a specific Apple ID, prompting users to log into a...

[News] [Rival] Microsoft Money Flaw Gives Away Your Password
Money Password Vulnerability ,----[ Quote ] | A security vulnerability exists in Microsoft Money which could allow a | malicious user to obtain the password of a Money data file. `---- http://d4us.co.nr/index.php?s=&showtopic=1004 Related: http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/tech-news/?p=741&tag=nl.e119 On 2007-07-27, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote: > Money Password Vulnerability > > ,----[ Quote ] >| A security vulnerability exists in Microsoft Money which could allow a >| malicious user to obtain the password of a Money data file. >...

[News] Microsoft Gives Linux Free Publicity, Drives Users Away
How MS advertised Linux and killed Firefox users in one move - Windows WGA kill switch ,----[ Quote ] | As for me, I've made one significant decision - yesterday I formatted my | test server at home which was previously home to Windows Server 2003 RC 1 | and started installing Linux OpenSUSE 10.1 - I've heard it's an | excellent desktop replacement for long-time Windows users and if it does | not live to my expectations, I've almost finished downloading the server | edition of Linux Ubuntu. `---- http://www.thomasjankowski.com/tj/2006/06/28/how-ms-advertised-linux-and-killed-...

[News] [Rival] World Runs Away from Vista, Microsoft Gives Up the Fight

Big sale on macs
If sales bog down - HAVE A SALE!!!! http://www.appleinsider.com/ On Dec 5, 11:46 am, "zara" <stripersw...@verizon.net> wrote: > If sales bog down - HAVE A SALE!!!! > > http://www.appleinsider.com/ Apple Mac mini MA608LL/A (1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo, 512 MB RAM, 80 GB Hard Drive, SuperDrive) Other products by Apple Price: $899.00 http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000FMV1BK/reality?creative=3D327641&= camp=3D14573&adid=3D128XSM53WNW0A9F53NZW&link_code=3Das1 Subtotal $599.00 Estimated Ship: Within 24 hours Free Shipping Next business day deliv...

[News] Steve Ballmer Does Not Know Microsoft Gives Its Software Away as Debt Grows

JeffM, which features in which products is Microsoft now charging for that it used to give away for free?
You recently posted this cartoon and said it represented "Microsoft ethics": http://dilbert.com/fast/2012-02-19/ On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 18:37:02 -0500, DFS wrote: > You recently posted this cartoon and said it represented "Microsoft ethics": > > http://dilbert.com/fast/2012-02-19/ JeffM is too busy trading coupons in order to save 15 cents on a 40 dollar item to answer you. ...

Mac advocacy again: Springer changes to Mac
Here's a bit of Mac advocacy for the US Independence Day. http://tinyurl.com/68ajad =46rom the article: In a YouTube video, posted below the fold, CEO Mathias D=F6pfner lists four reasons for the change: Most of the company=92s layout work was already being done on Macs Macs are more user friendly than other computers Apple creates the most elegant computers Macs are cheaper to buy and easier to maintain than they were in the past -- Dave Fritzinger Honolulu, HI Dave Fritzinger wrote: > Here's a bit of Mac advocacy for the US Independence Day. > > http://tinyurl.com/68aj...

Web resources about - Microsoft has to give them away! - comp.sys.mac.advocacy

Microsoft Corporation

Microsoft Cloud Partner - Home

Microsoft Hohm Service Discontinuation
Microsoft-Hohm discontinuation message