More Good Deeds From Bill Gates

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=581&ncid=581&e=6&u=/nm/20030917/tc_nm/tech_microsoft_schools_dc

0
nospam21 (19046)
9/18/2003 1:36:12 AM
comp.sys.mac.advocacy 33928 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 18:36:12 -0700, John wrote:

> http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=581&ncid=581&e=6&u=/nm/20030917/tc_nm/tech_microsoft_schools_dc

Do you have to buy micro$oft stuff?
--
Rick

0
none10 (4038)
9/18/2003 2:36:55 AM
In article <e_7ab.737$K3.5908@newsfeed.avtel.net>,
 "John" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

> http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=581&ncid=581&e=6&u=/nm/2003091
> 7/tc_nm/tech_microsoft_schools_dc

My hero! *sigh*
0
zurg (1519)

Bill Gates and his Mac
The guy was and still is a flamo, but check out this photo of Billy posing with some DOSE boxes. Check out the Mac Plus on his desk. http://blog.monkeymethods.org/2005/01/bill-gates-strikes-pose-for-teen-be at.html On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 20:22:08 -0500, Mojo <bil_gates_fudge_packer@microshit.com> wrote: >The guy was and still is a flamo, but check out this photo of >Billy posing with some DOSE boxes. Check out the Mac Plus on his desk. > >http://blog.monkeymethods.org/2005/01/bill-gates-strikes-pose-for-teen-be >at.html Gates loved the Mac, it got him started. --------------------------------------- My position is that Windows is workable TravelinMan 14:17:58 CST, 11/10/2005 In article <s7t7o1h74sb9001i76arbop6lfmk06qsuq@4ax.com>, Tom Elam <tom_elam@earthlink.net> wrote: > On Tue, 22 Nov 2005 20:22:08 -0500, Mojo > <bil_gates_fudge_packer@microshit.com> wrote: > > >The guy was and still is a flamo, but check out this photo of > >Billy posing with some DOSE boxes. Check out the Mac Plus on his desk. > > > >http://blog.monkeymethods.org/2005/01/bill-gates-strikes-pose-for-teen-be > >at.html > > Gates loved the Mac, it got him started. > --------------------------------------- > My position is that Windows is workable > > TravelinMan > 14:17:58 CST, 11/10/2005 True. Word, Excel all written from the ground up specifically for the Mac before being available for the PeeCe...

sys.mac.advocacy
Hi, If you want to enter in a family website open up: http://www.familypk.com/ Its an entertainment website. Thanks ...

How good was Bill Gates at programming?
<quote> John Browne, world class generalist Over my 11 years at MSFT from the mid 80s to the late 90s I had numerous "Billg reviews" with different product teams, most frequently with the compiler group (C, C++). Bill's grasp of technical detail was scary and every group in the company prepared feverishly for these meetings, as he had an uncanny knack for asking the three questions that were (in hindsight) super important and which you and your team had somehow managed to not think of. The two themes he consistently explored were 1) How will this product...

Good news from Bill Gates
That's what Microsoft Corp. chairman Bill Gates is promising. "Two years from now, spam will be solved," he told a select group of World Economic Forum participants at this Alpine ski resort. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/01/24/tech/main595595.shtml Hey, wait a sec... He promised that almost 2 years ago! Truely a man with a vision - just not 20/20 (or anywhere close). -- Lars T. That was written on the 24th. He still has 11 days left! Yeesh. Lars Tr=E4ger wrote: > That's what Microsoft Corp. chairman Bill Gates is promising. > > "Two years from now, spam will be solved," he told a select group of > World Economic Forum participants at this Alpine ski resort. > > http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/01/24/tech/main595595.shtml > > Hey, wait a sec... > > He promised that almost 2 years ago! Truely a man with a vision - just > not 20/20 (or anywhere close). In 2005 I solved the spam issue all by my little old self. 1=2E Signed on with a spam-blocking ISP 2=2E Turned on the spam filters in Exchange 3=2E Told Exchange to delete the stuff automatically Inbox spam went from 100/day to 1/day Spam is no longer an issue How hard is that? "toadytwoshoes@hotmail.com" <toadytwoshoes@hotmail.com> stated in post 1137123767.133400.319630@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com on 1/12/06 8:42 PM: > > Lars Tr�ger wrote: >> That's what Microsoft Corp. chairman Bill Gates is promising. >...

This is a good day for Mac advocacy, apparently
PC Advisor reviews Safari 3.1 "Verdict The new features in Safari 3.1 function exactly as they should and, as web designers begin to add support for these elements, Safari will become progressively more useful and functional for typical users." More here: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/index.cfm?reviewid=1948 -- Dave Fritzinger Honolulu, HI ...

MS memo to Bill Gates about the Mac
On June 27, 1997,�Ben Waldman (the leader of Microsoft's Mac Business Unit at the time) wrote the following to Bill Gates: "I�ve personally also found the Mac market interesting because I�ve seen so many trends appear there first,�and eventually become important on Windows." <http://edge-op.org/iowa/www.iowaconsumercase.org/122106/PLEX0_6060.pdf> -- Support the troops: Bring them home ASAP. ...

Bill Gates Mac Commercial Spoof Comic
OK, silly subject line... anyway: http://www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/joyarchives/920.html -- regards , Peter B. P. - http://titancity.com/blog , http://macplanet.dk If guns kill, do pencils cause spelling errors? In article <1htl63k.10kkwted4gtp8N%peter@DIESPAMMERDIE.dk>, peter@DIESPAMMERDIE.dk (Peter B. P.) wrote: > OK, silly subject line... anyway: > > http://www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/joyarchives/920.html BWAHAHAHAHAHA! Absolutely brilliant. We love you Nitrozac and Snaggy! Bill Gates: "PC... I AM YOUR FATHER." PC: "NOOOOOO! THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!" heehee! .... All the more ironic today knowing that Vista has just been PWNED. Payback is SUCH a BITCH Mr. Bill! :-P************** :-Derek -- Fortune Magazine 11-29-05: What's your computer setup today? Frederick Brooks: I happily use a Macintosh. It's not been equalled for ease of use, and I want my computer to be a tool, not a challenge. <http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/2005/12/12/8363107/> [Frederick Brooks is the author of 'The Mythical Man Month'. He spearheaded the movement to modernize computer software engineering in 1975.] "Peter B. P." <peter@DIESPAMMERDIE.dk> wrote in message news:1htl63k.10kkwted4gtp8N%peter@DIESPAMMERDIE.dk... > OK, silly subject line... anyway: > > http://www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/joyarchives/920.html > > -- > regards , Peter B. P. - http://titancity....

Pundit: Bill Gates = Thomas Edison = a good man
Makes sense to me! Note this completely shatters the myth of the "Market Bazaar" B.S. the Linux cultists like to put out. No, like the author below says, MSFT Windows is like having "rules of the road" that we can all agree to play by--a level playing field--like driving on the right side of the road. If we don't have clear rules confusion in the marketplace results, which decreases the overall economic pie. Yes, indeed, Bill Gates is like Tom Edison or even the beneficial monopolist John D. Rockefeller, who lowered through his monopoly the price of oil (by decreasi...

Our technology is better that Mac or Linux says Bill Gates
Interview: Bill Gates Opens Up Michael J. Miller Feb 24 2004 [..] Bill Gates: It's our responsibility to make sure that PC computing is something that's extremely productive, that [viruses don't interfere with that] and they [users] don't have this underlying concern .. [..] MM: There's a perception that Windows is somehow more vulnerable than Mac or Linux. BG: It's just not; it's just not. But there's a weird sense that it may feel like it's true, which is [why] we get attacked more. Our technology at this point is way better in terms of how few defe...

Bill Gates Speaks on Windows, Criticizes Mac Ads
http://www.dailytech.com/Article.aspx?newsid=5957 Bill Gates Speaks on Windows, Criticizes Mac Ads Marcus Yam (Blog) - February 2, 2007 9:40 AM Bill Gates takes exception to Apple's "lying" ads With the launch of Windows Vista, Bill Gates is giving it the proverbial 'one hundred and ten percent' in explaining to everyone in the world why they should care about the new operating system. In response to analyst speculation that Windows Vista could be the last Microsoft operating system of its kind, as we know it, Gates replies to Newsweek, "Well, people have said that at every major Windows release. Java was going to eliminate Windows programming, or thin clients were going to eliminate people buying PCs." The Microsoft chairman says that operating systems keep getting better and richer and that there are no shortages of radical things that will be happening in the next release. When asked if Microsoft will be back with a new OS in 2010-2011, Gates was confident enough to say, "Absolutely." Gates said that the next version of Windows "will be more user-centric," meaning that users should be able to move from PC to PC, whether or not it is their own, and still be able to access much of their own information by using Live Services, regardless of where they are. "So even if you drop by a [public] kiosk or somebody else's PC, we can bring down your home page, your files, your fonts, your favorites and t...

Our technology is better that Mac or Linux says Bill Gates
Interview: Bill Gates Opens Up Michael J. Miller Feb 24 2004 [..] Bill Gates: It's our responsibility to make sure that PC computing is something that's extremely productive, that [viruses don't interfere with that] and they [users] don't have this underlying concern .. [..] MM: There's a perception that Windows is somehow more vulnerable than Mac or Linux. BG: It's just not; it's just not. But there's a weird sense that it may feel like it's true, which is [why] we get attacked more. Our technology at this point is way better in terms of how few defects we have. Just go through and compare, say, with Linux, how many defects we have, how quickly we fix those defects, how our system is for getting the updates out for those defects. Take those objective criteria, and we are better. http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,1538709,00.asp In article <c1j7nc$1j1785$2@ID-168140.news.uni-berlin.de>, Daeron <daeron@demon.net> wrote: > Interview: Bill Gates Opens Up > Michael J. Miller Feb 24 2004 > > [..] > > Bill Gates: It's our responsibility to make sure that PC computing is > something that's extremely productive, that [viruses don't interfere > with that] and they [users] don't have this underlying concern .. > > [..] > > MM: There's a perception that Windows is somehow more vulnerable than > Mac or Linux. > > BG: It's just not; it's just not. B...

State of Mac Advocacy: Pretty darn good part II
What makes Mac advocacy a worthwhile pursuit? Well, if the Mac is doing fine, Mac advocacy has obviously done its part. Could it do more? yes of course! Mac Advocats tend to be harsher on their platform of choice than any other group of computer enthusiasts. Yes we are willing to take criticism. Yes, we are answering to trolls who 'fish'. so what? Well, because we are not wasting our efforts. For every troll that spouts win/lin/<yourflavourunixthatisnotapple> spam here Apple are selling more of the hardware that allows us to just get on with our work without 'PC GUYS' who would like to keep the running of 'IT' a secret that only they can use... and charge for. More Macs than ever are being sold, and that is what Mac advocacy is all about. Carry on, it is obviously working despite the inevitable whiners, threatened by the prospect of either losing their jobs or losing their 'guru' status if only a few less people subscribe to either linux or 'Windows'. In article <1186199664.039133.240840@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, Belphegor <huelse@gmail.com> wrote: > For every troll that spouts Windows/Linux/<yourflavourunixthatisnotapple> > spam here, Apple is selling more of the hardware that allows us to > just get on with our work without 'PC GUYS' who would like to keep the > running of 'IT' a secret that only they can use and charge for. I don't mind Linux and Unix users post...

[News] Bill Gates' Most Recent Anti-Mac FUD
The Fear biz is the computer security biz ,----[ Quote ] | A few days later, I saw what Bill Gates had to say in a recent | Newsweek interview about the Mac as compared to Vista. | | "I mean, it's fascinating, maybe we shouldn't have showed so | publicly the stuff we were doing, because we knew how long the new | security base was going to take us to get done. Nowadays, security | guys break the Mac every single day. Every single day, they come | out with a total exploit, your machine can be taken over totally. I | dare anybody to do that once a month on the Windows machine....

Mac advocacy again: Springer changes to Mac
Here's a bit of Mac advocacy for the US Independence Day. http://tinyurl.com/68ajad =46rom the article: In a YouTube video, posted below the fold, CEO Mathias D=F6pfner lists four reasons for the change: Most of the company=92s layout work was already being done on Macs Macs are more user friendly than other computers Apple creates the most elegant computers Macs are cheaper to buy and easier to maintain than they were in the past -- Dave Fritzinger Honolulu, HI Dave Fritzinger wrote: > Here's a bit of Mac advocacy for the US Independence Day. > > http://tinyurl.com/68ajad > > From the article: > > In a YouTube video, posted below the fold, CEO Mathias D�pfner lists > four reasons for the change: > > Most of the company�s layout work was already being done on Macs > Macs are more user friendly than other computers > Apple creates the most elegant computers > Macs are cheaper to buy and easier to maintain than they were in the > past > -- > Dave Fritzinger > Honolulu, HI It also said they'll be running OS X, Windows Vista and Windows XP on these machines, so basically they have just added an additonal OS to support. "Apple creates the most elegant computers". Wow, I'm glad he's not the CEO of my company. Steve In article <baidnd-wU5XcKPPVnZ2dnUVZ_hKdnZ2d@giganews.com>, Steve de Mena <steve@stevedemena.com> wrote: > Dave Fritzinger wrote: > > Here's a bit...

sys .mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

Bill Gates
<HTML> <HEAD> <META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft DHTML Editing Control"> <TITLE></TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <P>the domain&nbsp; billgates.ms&nbsp;&nbsp; (MS)&nbsp; is for sale!!!</P> <P><A href="http://www.billgates.ms">www.billgates.ms</A>&nbsp; </P> </BODY> </HTML> ...

good very good
Very interesting website. Keep up the outstanding work and thank you... http://where-to-buy-pills.com http://where-to-buy-pills.com/buy-prednisone-online http://where-to-buy-pills.com/buy-plavix-75mg ...

sys.mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

Bill Gates
He ownes Apple. He has over 50% of the stock in the names of relatives. He's fucking everyone. And he wrote the mac os Wollfe "Rahder" <jhonbigballs@aol.com> wrote in message news:RNd7e.54771$f%4.36919@bignews1.bellsouth.net... > He ownes Apple. He has over 50% of the stock in the names of relatives. > He's fucking everyone. > In article <xOh7e.3412$GI3.1063@fe12.lga>, "Wolfgang Schmit" <wschmit@zulumail.com> wrote: > And he wrote the mac os Troll or ignoramus? -- C Lund, www.notam02.no/~clund >Troll or ignoramus? "or"? In article <xOh7e.3412$GI3.1063@fe12.lga>, "Wolfgang Schmit" <wschmit@zulumail.com> wrote: >And he wrote the mac os > >Wollfe >"Rahder" <jhonbigballs@aol.com> wrote in message >news:RNd7e.54771$f%4.36919@bignews1.bellsouth.net... >> He ownes Apple. He has over 50% of the stock in the names of relatives. >> He's fucking everyone. >> No, he stole it from Al Gore. Ron Parsons wrote: > In article <xOh7e.3412$GI3.1063@fe12.lga>, > "Wolfgang Schmit" <wschmit@zulumail.com> wrote: > > >>And he wrote the mac os >> >>Wollfe >>"Rahder" <jhonbigballs@aol.com> wrote in message >>news:RNd7e.54771$f%4.36919@bignews1.bellsouth.net... >> >>>He ownes Apple. He has over 50% of the stock in the names of rel...

Bill Gates is a sick and evil man. I hate him. I hate the capitalist government. I wish the world would change. Linus Torvalds Son wrote: > Bill Gates is a sick and evil man. I hate him. I hate the capitalist > government. I wish the world would change. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh, wah, wah, waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! -- Try not to let your mind wander. It's too small to be out by itself. "Linus Torvalds Son" <tor@linfag.com> wrote in message news:bbyoptkamzis4il.210420041616@dae... : Bill Gates is a sick and evil man. I hate him. I hate the capit...

Bill Gates
<HTML> <HEAD> <META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft DHTML Editing Control"> <TITLE></TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <P>the domain&nbsp; billgates.ms&nbsp;&nbsp; (MS)&nbsp; is for sale!!!</P> <P><A href="http://www.billgates.ms">www.billgates.ms</A>&nbsp; </P> </BODY> </HTML> ...

To Mac or not to Mac?

How about some more Mac advocacy
http://www.macworld.com/article/132612/2008/03/xserver2008.html "The quad-core Xeon-based Apple Xserve is a superbly modern 1U server with powerful options for storage and remote access. As with any server, deployments should be carefully planned�the embedded LOM may necessitate an additional Ethernet card under some circumstances, and anyone upgrading from a PowerPC-based model should study their power and cooling infrastructure before upgrading." http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=EW4DUWCW 3IS4WQSNDLPSKHSCJUNN2JVN?articleID=206902894&subSection=News or, http://tinyurl.com/325q29 "We've tested the Mac Pro, MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, the iMac, the Mac Mini, and the XServe. There's not a bad Apple among the bunch, and some are truly superb." And, finally, http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2704,2278136,00.asp "This 3.1 release also marks the first non-beta release of the software for Windows, and though some have rightly questioned Apple's practice of piggybacking the Safari installer along with iTunes updates for Windows systems, it's a piece of software that merits your consideration." -- Dave Fritzinger Honolulu, HI David Fritzinger wrote: > http://www.macworld.com/article/132612/2008/03/xserver2008.html > "The quad-core Xeon-based Apple Xserve is a superbly modern 1U server > with powerful options for storage and remote access. As with any server, > de...

Web resources about - More Good Deeds From Bill Gates - comp.sys.mac.advocacy

Propaganda of the deed - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
One of the first individuals to conceptualise propaganda by the deed was the Italian revolutionary Carlo Pisacane (1818–57), who wrote in his ...

No Good Deed Movie (@NoGoodDeedMovie) on Twitter

Dennis Roady Deeds - YouTube
SUBSCRIBE FOR DEEDS Dennis Roady from RomanAtwood & Vitalyzdtv Pranks My videos are all about the people, think positive and LOVE LIFE Join my ...

Good Deed of the Day: Community Crowdfunds Car for Detroit Man Who Walks 21 Miles to Work
James Robertson is 56 years old, and he has been walking 21 miles to work every day to his factory job outside Detroit ever since his car broke ...

Title Deeds: Stanley Avenue, Mosman
Aviation legal adviser Colin Thaine's Mosman home is believed to have sold for more than $12 million.

Daring deeds of World War II commandos Z Special Unit kept secret for 30 years
For 30 years Australia's World War II commandos were sworn to secrecy and their heroism unacknowledged.

These uncomfortable deeds could pay off forever - Business Insider Deutschland
They won't be fun or easy to do in the moment, but doing these things will be worth it in the long-run.

Southern California man dies hours after good deed
Young mom says Matthew Jackson, 28, paid for her groceries and asked her to pay it forward hours before dying in car wreck

Iran’s Supreme Leader Hails Capture Of US Navy Sailors As ‘God’s Deed’
Iran’s Supreme Leader Hails Capture Of US Navy Sailors As ‘God’s Deed’

Abbreviated Pundit Round-up: No good deed goes unpunished
Politico : Christian groups break with GOP over Syrian refugees Evangelical Christians, as well as Christians more broadly, are a core group ...