More Good Deeds From Bill Gates

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=581&ncid=581&e=6&u=/nm/20030917/tc_nm/tech_microsoft_schools_dc

0
nospam21 (19047)
9/18/2003 1:36:12 AM
comp.sys.mac.advocacy 33483 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 18:36:12 -0700, John wrote:

> http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=581&ncid=581&e=6&u=/nm/20030917/tc_nm/tech_microsoft_schools_dc

Do you have to buy micro$oft stuff?
--
Rick

0
none10 (4038)
9/18/2003 2:36:55 AM
In article <e_7ab.737$K3.5908@newsfeed.avtel.net>,
 "John" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

> http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=581&ncid=581&e=6&u=/nm/2003091
> 7/tc_nm/tech_microsoft_schools_dc

My hero! *sigh*
0
zurg (1519)

Is there a good security cable?
I'd like to find a good security cable. I wouldn't expect it to stand up to a determined and well-equipped thief, but I'd like it to be as secure as possible. I'd hope at least that it couldn't be defeated in a public place without it being obvious to people around it. Taking a quick look around, I see cables with integrated cylindrical-key locks that can apparently be opened with a ball point pen, like Kensington, and combination locks whose combinations can be changed, sometimes unintentionally, like Targus. So, I guess I'm looking for a good anchor and a tough cable...

Good book for first-time computer user?
I need to teach someone who has never used a computer how to use one. I have used computers all my life, so I don't know where to start. I thought I'd get a book. If it were Windows, I'm sure I could find a hundred books for a newbie. On a Mac, though, I'm not sure what exists out there, because most new Mac users have used Windows, whereas most new Windows users have never used a computer. Does anyone know of a good book that teaches a first-time computer user how to use a Mac? On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 20:11:10 -0600, Iain Dalton wrote (in article <1168049470.396482.84880@11g...

a good website for softwares,movies and music etc. #3
www.space666.com good!!!!!!!!!!! ...

What type of spec is good for a TFT monitor ?
What's the contrast figure I read ie 300 is this good ? Any other info much appreciated ? "amstereofan" <listen_to_am_stereo@www.amstereoradio.tk> wrote in message news:3f70e90e$1@news.greennet.net... > What's the contrast figure I read ie 300 is this good ? Any other info much > appreciated ? 300:1 or better should be considered pretty good. You should understand that higher contrast numbers than this are starting to get into the "irrelevant data" range; you've generally only got 8 bits/color worth of dynamic range anyway (256:1), and the human...

good very good
Very interesting website. Keep up the outstanding work and thank you... http://where-to-buy-pills.com http://where-to-buy-pills.com/buy-prednisone-online http://where-to-buy-pills.com/buy-plavix-75mg ...

Re: OT: Bomb-gate at the UN (was Bush just outed Herr Baier as unfit)
Bomb-gate The scandal the Times ought to be investigating. The United Nations is already embroiled in the largest economic scam in world history: the multibillion dollar Oil-for-Food scandal. Now there is reason to ask whether a senior U.N., official also has attempted to influence an American election by spreading misleading information. To understand why this scenario is plausible, let's connect some dots. The headline of the New York Times front-page story on Monday read: "Huge Cache of Explosives Vanished from Site in Iraq." According to the Times, powerfu...

Good store online with good assortmet and good price that are or ship in europe??
Hello! can you tell to me a store with good assortment (with particular piece that cannot find on other store...and similar :) ) and/or :) good price that is in europe (or if is out..that sell in europe at not much euros for dispatch taxes and ship...that can made it not convenient!) thanks much! My Best greetings!:) -- Posted via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG ...

Newbie question: Any good resources on Visual Basic programming? #3
Hi everyone I'm a newbie to the world of Visual Basic programming. I'm especially interested in VB internet programming and VB database programming. Can anyone recommend some good books or websites about the topic? Thanks in advance. Best Regards, Gary Hendricks http://www.desktop-video-guide.com multi-post. answered in another group. -- Randy Birch MVP Visual Basic http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/ Please respond only to the newsgroups so all can benefit. "Timberwolf" <timberwolf@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3f8033ab$2@news.starhub.net.sg... : Hi everyone :...

[News] Good Times for Python and Linux...
Python Magazine Lives ,----[ Quote ] | There are columnists, there are tech editors, there are authors. Articles | have been commissioned. Logos and trademarks are in place. The design team is | rocking, the contract team is rolling, and the emails are flying. In the | background, the sound of constant typewriter activity can be heard, just like | on those old newscasts from the old Cronkite days. Exciting times! `---- http://m0j0.wordpress.com/2007/07/03/python-magazine-lives/ Google uses Python heavily. Other good news... InetServices Adds Ubuntu and Debian Operating Systems htt...

A good Kohan forum?
Are there any good/active Kohan/Kohan 2 forums? I visited the official forum, and it's full of rude, immature individuals. Not a very inviting place. M. Thus spake Michael Vondung <mvondung@gmail.com>, Mon, 06 Sep 2004 04:04:02 +0200, Anno Domini: >Are there any good/active Kohan/Kohan 2 forums? I visited the official >forum, and it's full of rude, immature individuals. Not a very inviting >place. > >M. Bugger. I've put the game on hold for a bit...so many games, so little time *sigh*. If you need help with the original I recommend t...

Good Books To learn C++
I am just beggining to learn C++. Which are the good books to learn C++? I want the list from basic to advanced. Thanks Am Donnerstag, 21. Februar 2013 20:00:48 UTC+1 schrieb psr: > I am just beggining to learn C++. Which are the good books to learn C++? I > > want the list from basic to advanced. > > Thanks I was just surfing the Internet for the same purpose and found very good reviews on Amazon for this book: A Complete Guide to Programming in C++ Ulla Kirch-Prinz (Author), Peter Prinz (Author) Maybe you pick another book for plain beginners as we...

Good News Mr 142.179.22.210 flood ri.general #3
Cox and Telus will not act unless they have a police file number so you may as well flood ri.general my home Usenet group. have a nice day.Me I am nearing about TrueCrype -- Who weaves eg, when Hussein tempts the live gen in view of the throne? -- Michael Yardley ...

Need a Good reference, please!
Does anyone know any good reference on Mapping Toolbox? I tried searching at Amazon or BN but I couldn't find any? What I am really trying to do is to create my own "part of the world map". I know I can do easily with mapping toolbox, but I found out that some users create their own "worldmap.mat" to load map. Does anyone know how to create your own map? Let's say creat map of United States? ...

OT: Hourly billing databse
this is not an Access specific question but i've participated in discussions on and off in this forum throughout the years and now there are lots of professionals in the group who may have insight. has anyone run across a good hourly billing/request management system which bodes well for a small development firm? i have used custom solutions throughout the years and they work great but i'm not sure that's the most cost effective approach. i have searched google with every combination of terms i can think of and haven't found anything that looks solid. i have looked at a few ...

There is a good photo website #2
hello,everyone,I am the newcomer.I hope you can go to this website:flickr.com/photos/partpic/.I am sure it is NOT spam. Then,you can feel that it is a professional photograph website about the computer.there are o lot of picture of some kinds of computer ,include IBM,SUN ,HP,EMC,HDS and others. I wanna to exchange the experience and the idea with you. Part Pic wrote: > hello,everyone,I am the newcomer.I hope you can go to this > website:flickr.com/photos/partpic/.I am sure it is NOT spam. > Then,you can feel that it is a professional photograph website > about the computer.the...

Angle not good!
Hello! I have a trouble with Opengl lines drawing: when I try to put together lines (not in horizontal and vertical direction, but when they have some inclination ) which must create a 90 degrees angle, the angle is not 90 degrees angle! I think that it was because I used perspectiv with 60 degrees angle, but when I tried glOrtho projection the output is the same... I drank so lot in the first of the year? I think you use sin,cos ...in <math.h> this function use radian,not angle that is,if you want 90 degrees angle, you should code it: M_PI/2 M_PI=3.14159....... No, in my program I...

BBC model B computer, free to good home
Hi, Having a clear out. BBC model B computer, 5 1/4 80 track disc drive, teletext adapter, sideways RAM/ROM board. I think it may have wordwise ROM in. Not sure if it is working. Continuous tone from speaker when switched on but no screen display but I haven't tried very hard to get it going so it may work with little fiddling. Available for someone to try and fix or for spares. Original box, packaging and manuals plus any software, manuals etc I can find. Free but you'll have to pay postage or collect. Nick Harrison nick at lilyg dot demon dot co dot uk, Nick Harrison Lancaster UK...

Any Good CCIE Book
Just Pass CCDP test Today. Please let me know any good book to start ? Thank You Katie Tam CCNP, CCDP LinkWaves Corporation **Leading Provider of Cisco Equipment** http://www.linkwaves.com Book? You mean books. What CCIE? You do realize that there are five different ones: R&S / Security / Service Provider / SAN / Voice Assuming that you meant the CCIE for Routing and Switching, this is just a start: Cisco Press - Routing TCP/IP, Volume I Cisco Press - Routing TCP/IP, Volume II Cisco Press - Cisco LAN Switching Cisco Press - BGP Design and Implementation Cisco Press - Implementi...

Be a good voter, a good citizen, vote for the good
You know who's good. The evil one, that Bush, that killer of Humanity. But that's ok, killing people of other countries is irrelevant as resistence is futile. ...

Good book on prepress
Hi All, I just finished reading a great book on prepress. It contains useful information and lots of great tips and practical exercises. Here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/Exploring-Digital-PrePress-Delmar/dp/141801236X/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/105-6672180-1563636?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1194144963&sr=8-1 ...

HAVE YOU HEARD THE GOOD NEWS!
Good News! Do you know how simple it is to go to Heaven after this life has ended? Some people believe that belonging to a local church, temple, mosque or synagogue will get them to Heaven. Others believe that water baptism, obeying the ten commandments or just being a good person will get them to Heaven. There are many other beliefs as well, but the good news about God's way to Heaven is found in the Holy Bible. The good news is that God came from Heaven to earth in the person of Jesus Christ over 2000 years ago and died for our sins(misdeeds). He was born in the land of Israel ...

Good model libraries
Does anybody have any other good links to mechanical design model/assembly libraries? Like maybe electrical BNC connectors? 3D Content Central has loads of companies just no solidmodels! http://www.3dcafe.com/asp/default.asp http://www.traceparts.com/ http://www.imagehandc2.com/ http://www.cadalog.com http://www.sichkar.by.ru/pr_list_en.asp http://cb.cadregister.com/CADRegister.ppow?GB http://www.ideal-parts.com/ http://www.partsworks.com/index.phtml?login=1 http://www.pro-stuff.net/results.shtml?keyword=*&catagory=parts&new=&sta http://www.quickparts.com/index.asp ht...

Good newsgroup for a Mac wantabe
I'm considering moving from Linux to a Mac and would like to lurk around a few active Mac newsgroups for a while. This one doesn't seem very active. Can anyone suggest a good one for a newbie. In article <pan.2005.05.10.19.50.32.433651@suse93.com>, Charlie <charlie@suse93.com> wrote: > I'm considering moving from Linux to a Mac and would like to lurk around a > few active Mac newsgroups for a while. This one doesn't seem very active. > Can anyone suggest a good one for a newbie. The most active that I watch is: comp.sys.mac.system Other Mac ne...

What are good questions for a DBA?
After 3 years of using DB2 on Linux, I'm leaving my current employers to go work for a SQL Server shop instead. In order to find my replacement, they're trying to put together a set of questions to get both some understanding of how wide candidates knowledge is, and how much DB2 specifics they know. Of the questions below, how many do you think are useful in determining if you've got somebody capable of keeping a DB2 instance up, developing new structures as new business problems arrive, and writing useful/performant SQL? (these therefore range from the inane to quite sp...

Does good process imply good software #2
hi all, will you explain me whether if you follow a good process can we gurant a good product thank you in advance Rajee ...