Moto G4 vs. iPhone 7

So, today at Costco I spent some time comparing the 32 GB iPhone 7 with my =
new Moto G4. There is a slight difference in how smooth scrolling works, wi=
th the iPhone being the smoother of the two. Apps seem to open very slightl=
y faster on the iPhone. The difference is very small. Screen quality is ide=
ntical, even though my G4 is 5.5" and the iPhone 7 (no 7+ was on the rack) =
is smaller with lower pixel count.

Opening the phone on both I tried out the keyboards and entering phone numb=
ers from Contacts. No noticeable difference. Opening a couple of other simi=
lar apps also showed no real differences.

I took a couple of snapshots in the store, the iPhone was as good as the 13=
 mp G4 camera. Both also do panorama photo shots, no noticeable difference =
there either.

Speaker quality on the iPhone was similar to the G4. I could not try out th=
e wireless headset on the 7, there were none around.

I also composed a text message on both. The keyboard and auto correct worke=
d equally well on both. I am running Swiftkey, not the Google keyboard.

Bottom line, no major difference in speed, typing or the screen. Both work =
as advertised.

For me it comes to what the phones will actually do. iPhone fans, what can =
you do on your phone that I cannot do on my G4?
0
Thomas

On 2016-12-22 3:44 PM, Thomas E. wrote:
> So, today at Costco I spent some time comparing the 32 GB iPhone 7 with my new Moto G4. There is a slight difference in how smooth scrolling works, with the iPhone being the smoother of the two. Apps seem to open very slightly faster on the iPhone. The difference is very small. Screen quality is identical, even though my G4 is 5.5" and the iPhone 7 (no 7+ was on the rack) is smaller with lower pixel count.
>
> Opening the phone on both I tried out the keyboards and entering phone numbers from Contacts. No noticeable difference. Opening a couple of other similar apps also showed no real differences.
>
> I took a couple of snapshots in the store, the iPhone was as good as the 13 mp G4 camera. Both also do panorama photo shots, no noticeable difference there either.
>
> Speaker quality on the iPhone was similar to the G4. I could not try out the wireless headset on the 7, there were none around.
>
> I also composed a text message on both. The keyboard and auto correct worked equally well on both. I am running Swiftkey, not the Google keyboard.
>
> Bottom line, no major difference in speed, typing or the screen. Both work as advertised.
>
> For me it comes to what the phones will actually do. iPhone fans, what can you do on your phone that I cannot do on my G4?

What can you do on your Moto G4 that you couldn't do on your Samsung,
Liarboy?
0
Alan
12/23/2016 12:52:45 AM
On Thursday, December 22, 2016 at 7:52:47 PM UTC-5, Alan Baker wrote:
> On 2016-12-22 3:44 PM, Thomas E. wrote:
> > So, today at Costco I spent some time comparing the 32 GB iPhone 7 with=
 my new Moto G4. There is a slight difference in how smooth scrolling works=
, with the iPhone being the smoother of the two. Apps seem to open very sli=
ghtly faster on the iPhone. The difference is very small. Screen quality is=
 identical, even though my G4 is 5.5" and the iPhone 7 (no 7+ was on the ra=
ck) is smaller with lower pixel count.

> > Opening the phone on both I tried out the keyboards and entering phone =
numbers from Contacts. No noticeable difference. Opening a couple of other =
similar apps also showed no real differences.

> > I took a couple of snapshots in the store, the iPhone was as good as th=
e 13 mp G4 camera. Both also do panorama photo shots, no noticeable differe=
nce there either.

> > Speaker quality on the iPhone was similar to the G4. I could not try ou=
t the wireless headset on the 7, there were none around.

> > I also composed a text message on both. The keyboard and auto correct w=
orked equally well on both. I am running Swiftkey, not the Google keyboard.

> > Bottom line, no major difference in speed, typing or the screen. Both w=
ork as advertised.

> > For me it comes to what the phones will actually do. iPhone fans, what =
can you do on your phone that I cannot do on my G4?

>=20
> What can you do on your Moto G4 that you couldn't do on your Samsung,=20
> Liarboy?

You did not answer my question. Evasion again...typical Alan Baker.

I will answer yours. Nothing. The Moto does the same job, a little faster. =
I have all the same apps loaded on the Moto, plus a few. The main new one i=
s Fitbit, added when I gave the wife a new Surge and she gave me her Flex. =
The Samsung had several gigs of internal storage left when I switched, it w=
ould have easily taken the new apps too. The 32 gig Moto is nice in one res=
pect. I do not have to worry about moving apps to the SD card after install=
ation. Instead I moved some data. I also put my music library on the SD car=
d. It would have easily fit on the Samsung too, but I just never got around=
 to copying it over off the PC.

0
Thomas