New computer product announcements

From Dell

1. XPSTM  710 H2C for PC enthusiasts and high end gamers.

The system, a first, incorporates a two-stage cooling process. First,
a liquid-to-air heat exchanger works like a car�s radiator and fan
system to remove heat from the processor. Then, ceramic-based
thermoelectric cooling modules like those used in space shuttles
remove additional heat. Sensors help prevent the formation of frost or
condensation by helping to keep the processor slightly above ambient
room temperature.

The XPS 710 H2C starts at $5,499 and is available worldwide.

2. Two new flat-panel monitors. Favored by gamers, photographers and
digital-media experts, the company�s first 27 inch widescreen monitor
has a 30-percent broader color spectrum than traditional monitors. The
second, a 22 inch widescreen model, is rich in features and ideal for
watching videos and playing games.

Both are available immediately worldwide, and priced at $1,399 and
$329, respectively

3. Home Media Suite, a product bundle that will gear up any room of a
home. It includes a new digital television tuner that when combined
with other products delivers a full, seamless digital-entertainment
experience, including receiving and recording premium high-definition
digital cable and streaming it wirelessly to other parts of the home.

The bundle includes an XPS 410 desktop, Windows Vista when available,
digital TV tuner, 27-inch flat panel monitor, speakers, Dell All in
One 966 printer, and an 802.11 dual band router and power line bridge.
It will be delivered with all cables and adapters required for a
typical home installation. Dell also will offer optional in-home
service to set up the equipment.

The bundle will be available in the United States after the
introduction of Microsoft�s Vista operating system later this month.

(Eat your heart out Apple-TV)

4. Online data-migration and backup capability that enables customers
to securely transfer documents, programs, drivers, settings, and other
data via a broadband connection to a secure data-storage portal.

Customers will then be able to have it preinstalled by Dell during the
manufacturing process, alleviating the need to do it themselves after
delivery.

5. Dell, The Conservation Fund and Carbonfund.org today announced a
joint, global carbon-neutral initiative to offset the carbon dioxide
produced when customers power their computer systems. Called "Plant a
Tree for Me," the program allows customers to make a donation that
will be used by the two nonprofits, The Conservation Fund and
Carbonfund.org , to plant trees in sustainably managed forests. Dell's
commitment marks the first time a major corporation has given its
customers a way to offset the emissions associated with the
electricity used by their computers.

Through the program, a customer donation of $2 for a notebook and $6
for a desktop computer will offset carbon dioxide emissions equivalent
to powering the average computer for three years. Dell will remit 100
percent of the donations received from the "Plant a Tree for Me,"
program to The Conservation Fund and Carbonfund.org to be used to
plant trees.

Tom Elam
0
tom_elam (3218)

On Tue, 9 Jan 2007 21:48:38 -0600, tom_elam@earthlink.net wrote
(in article <qpn8q255d0inc0vii6bp84u95gk2ft2s00@4ax.com>):

> From Dell
>
> 1. XPSTM  710 H2C for PC enthusiasts and high end gamers.
>
> The system, a first, incorporates a two-stage cooling process. First,
> a liquid-to-air heat exchanger works like a car�s radiator and fan
> system to remove heat from the processor. Then, ceramic-based
> thermoelectric cooling modules like those used in space shuttles
> remove additional heat. Sensors help prevent the formation of frost or
> condensation by helping to keep the processor slightly above ambient
> room temperature.

Let's hope the space shuttle tiles stay attached better than in
the original usage.

> The XPS 710 H2C starts at $5,499 and is available worldwide.

Whatabargain.

> 2. Two new flat-panel monitors. Favored by gamers, photographers and
> digital-media experts, the company�s first 27 inch widescreen monitor
> has a 30-percent broader color spectrum than traditional monitors.

If they were just announced today, how do we know they are
favored by anyone?

> The second, a 22 inch widescreen model, is rich in features and ideal for
> watching videos and playing games.

My existing Dell 24" widescreen flat panels work just fine.

> 3. Home Media Suite, a product bundle that will gear up any room of a
> home. It includes a new digital television tuner that when combined
> with other products delivers a full, seamless digital-entertainment
> experience, including receiving and recording premium high-definition
> digital cable and streaming it wirelessly to other parts of the home.

Off-air HD tuning?

> The bundle includes an XPS 410 desktop, Windows Vista when available,

Ooh, they had to go and spoil it.

> 4. Online data-migration and backup capability that enables customers
> to securely transfer documents, programs, drivers, settings, and other
> data via a broadband connection to a secure data-storage portal.

NSA read-protection not currently available.

> Customers will then be able to have it preinstalled by Dell during the
> manufacturing process, alleviating the need to do it themselves after
> delivery.

As has been the case for every s/w package shipped by Dell since
the early 90s.

> 5. Dell, The Conservation Fund and Carbonfund.org today announced a
> joint, global carbon-neutral initiative to offset the carbon dioxide
> produced when customers power their computer systems. Called "Plant a
> Tree for Me," the program allows customers to make a donation that
> will be used by the two nonprofits, The Conservation Fund and
> Carbonfund.org , to plant trees in sustainably managed forests.

rotflmao.  Dell will let you, pay them, to pay someone else, to
plant a tree.   Do you also get a framed color photograph of
your tree in the mail each year on its birthday?

So, $1 given to Dell, is like $10 giving to a local nursery.
What a frickin great idea.  Not.

--
Lefty
All of God's creatures have a place..........

0
nunya (4574)
1/10/2007 4:20:27 AM
In article <qpn8q255d0inc0vii6bp84u95gk2ft2s00@4ax.com>,
 tom_elam@earthlink.net wrote:

> From Dell
>
> 1. XPSTM  710 H2C for PC enthusiasts and high end gamers.
>
> The system, a first, incorporates a two-stage cooling process. First,
> a liquid-to-air heat exchanger works like a car�s radiator and fan
> system to remove heat from the processor. Then, ceramic-based
> thermoelectric cooling modules like those used in space shuttles
> remove additional heat. Sensors help prevent the formation of frost or
> condensation by helping to keep the processor slightly above ambient
> room temperature.
>
> The XPS 710 H2C starts at $5,499 and is available worldwide.

The nerdy, lame-assed gamers have to be satisfied.

> 2. Two new flat-panel monitors. Favored by gamers, photographers and
> digital-media experts, the company�s first 27 inch widescreen monitor
> has a 30-percent broader color spectrum than traditional monitors. The
> second, a 22 inch widescreen model, is rich in features and ideal for
> watching videos and playing games.
>
> Both are available immediately worldwide, and priced at $1,399 and
> $329, respectively

Again, the nerdy, lame-assed gamers have to be satisfied.

> 3. Home Media Suite, a product bundle that will gear up any room of a
> home. It includes a new digital television tuner that when combined
> with other products delivers a full, seamless digital-entertainment
> experience, including receiving and recording premium high-definition
> digital cable and streaming it wirelessly to other parts of the home.
>
> The bundle includes an XPS 410 desktop, Windows Vista when available,
> digital TV tuner, 27-inch flat panel monitor, speakers, Dell All in
> One 966 printer, and an 802.11 dual band router and power line bridge.
> It will be delivered with all cables and adapters required for a
> typical home installation. Dell also will offer optional in-home
> service to set up the equipment.
>
> The bundle will be available in the United States after the
> introduction of Microsoft�s Vista operating system later this month.
>
> (Eat your heart out Apple-TV)
>
> Tom Elam

You misspelled "Microsoft's."
0
peejster01 (4380)
1/10/2007 5:33:02 AM
In article <qpn8q255d0inc0vii6bp84u95gk2ft2s00@4ax.com>,
 tom_elam@earthlink.net wrote:

> From Dell

Seriously, does anyone care? The world is busy looking at Apple.

--
Sandman[.net]
0
On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 11:36:07 +0100, Sandman <mr@sandman.net> wrote:

>In article <qpn8q255d0inc0vii6bp84u95gk2ft2s00@4ax.com>,
> tom_elam@earthlink.net wrote:
>
>> From Dell
>
>Seriously, does anyone care? The world is busy looking at Apple.

But not their computers

Tom Elam
0
tom_elam (3218)
1/10/2007 1:38:15 PM
In article <s1r9q29af77v1ciltipbiishj4ihbrh2h3@4ax.com>,
 tom_elam@earthlink.net wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 11:36:07 +0100, Sandman <mr@sandman.net> wrote:
>
> >In article <qpn8q255d0inc0vii6bp84u95gk2ft2s00@4ax.com>,
> > tom_elam@earthlink.net wrote:
> >
> >> From Dell
> >
> >Seriously, does anyone care? The world is busy looking at Apple.
>
> But not their computers

Exactly, they are looking at the news from Apple, while *buying* their
computers and other digital devices.

--
Sandman[.net]
0
In article <qpn8q255d0inc0vii6bp84u95gk2ft2s00@4ax.com>,
 tom_elam@earthlink.net wrote:

> From Dell

Lameass. Not sure if you're aware but this is CSMA. Only you and your
sockpuppet wintrolls would care about a new Dull POS.

Oh yeah, that's right...you're upset cause of yesterday's Apple's
products announcements. Forgive me...carry on.
"tom_elam@earthlink.net" <tom_elam@earthlink.net> stated in post
s1r9q29af77v1ciltipbiishj4ihbrh2h3@4ax.com on 1/10/07 6:38 AM:

> On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 11:36:07 +0100, Sandman <mr@sandman.net> wrote:
>
>> In article <qpn8q255d0inc0vii6bp84u95gk2ft2s00@4ax.com>,
>> tom_elam@earthlink.net wrote:
>>
>>> From Dell
>>
>> Seriously, does anyone care? The world is busy looking at Apple.
>
> But not their computers

Then why, in the US at least, are over 50% of sales to people who have never
had a Mac?

--
��There is no known malware that attacks OS X in the wild
� There are two general types of PCs: Macs and PCs (odd naming conventions!)

0
SNIT1 (7401)

palmOne Announces New Category of Mobile-Computing Products
A nw product is going to be announced later this month; seems like there is soemthing to the LifeDrive rumors after all. http://ir.palmone.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=105423&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=707002&highlight= Thorbjorn Sundboe wrote: > A nw product is going to be announced later this month; seems like there > is soemthing to the LifeDrive rumors after all. > > http://ir.palmone.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=105423&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=707002&highlight= Sound like they've just invented the Sony Clie. -- --John to email, dial "usenet"...

Share your products, get reviewed and announce new products
Hi, We have started a new discussion forum to share, announce and review softwares and games. You can submit shareware as well as freewares. Links to download sites can also be posted and viewed. We request you to contribute to our forum http://www.cravedownload.com. Thanks Crave Download Team. ...

[ANNOUNCE] NewTek Announces 1st 64-bit Anim, New 3D Product
NewTek Produces First 64-bit 3D Animation for the Microsoft Launch of Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Bill Gates keynote features LightWave� 64 animation NewTek is pleased to announce today the creation of the first 3D animation modeled, animated and rendered entirely in a native Windows 64-bit environment. Using Windows XP Professional x64 Edition and the beta version of LightWave� 64 on a 64-bit AMD Opteron(TM) with 32GB of RAM, Rob Powers, lead creature animator on James Cameron's "Aliens of the Deep" created an extremely rich and beautifully textured undersea ...

sys.mac.advocacy
Hi, If you want to enter in a family website open up: http://www.familypk.com/ Its an entertainment website. Thanks ...

New product announcement
For the Apple fan that has everything... http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/icopulate.shtml Well, almost everything. -- Randy Howard (2reply remove FOOBAR) "Making it hard to do stupid things often makes it hard to do smart ones too." -- Andrew Koenig "Randy Howard" <randyhoward@FOOverizonBAR.net> stated in post MPG.1cb7f23fff8c3d1a98a283@news.verizon.net on 4/1/05 11:05 PM: > > For the Apple fan that has everything... > > http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/icopulate.shtml > > Well, almost everything. Reminds me of the ol' iBrator ...

Any Mac (and computer) new-users here?
Thinking of my sister who's got a crappy PC that only works now and then (which is why I'm still awaiting email replies from her), I've suggested that she get a Mac mini as I feel it would "just work" as an appliance -ideal for her. She's not a computer person, and she has no interest of becoming one either. Unfortunately I have no first-hand experience with MacOS X myself, only with MacOS 7,8 and 9 (though I'll most likely get myself a Powerbook in a few months time), so even though I've gotten lots of answers in this group regarding MacOS X, I'd ...

New Product from Briel Computers
Vince has something new out... PockeTerm - I'm trying to think of ways it might fit into the Replica-1 or A2 functionality-wise. Anyone have any ideas? http://www.brielcomputers.com/wik/index.php?title=PockeTerm Sean Fahey www.a2central.com bbs.a2central.com > > http://www.brielcomputers.com/wik/index.php?title=PockeTerm > Aren't the spell checkers wonderful? "Duel serial ports". They must be shooting at each other. -Alex. On Feb 13, 4:37=A0pm, "sfahey" <sfa...@a2central.com.remove-eag-this> wrote: > Vince has something new out... PockeTerm - I'm trying to think of ways it= might > fit into the Replica-1 or A2 functionality-wise. Anyone have any ideas? > > http://www.brielcomputers.com/wik/index.php?title=3DPockeTerm > > Sean Faheywww.a2central.com > bbs.a2central.com The Replica-1 would have similar functionality built in... but, in an A2 scenario... any software which provides a multiuser environment, with the other users on serial ports, could use this. (Think GNO/ME on the IIGS.) On Feb 13, 1:37=A0pm, "sfahey" <sfa...@a2central.com.remove-eag-this> wrote: > Vince has something new out... PockeTerm - I'm trying to think of ways it= might > fit into the Replica-1 or A2 functionality-wise. Anyone have any ideas? > > http://www.brielcomputers.com/wik/index.php?title=3DPockeTerm > > Sean Faheywww.a2central.com > bbs.a2central.com VIDEX type terminal on a V...

ANNOUNCE: The Beasts new productions.
Here are the latest intros produced by The Beasts Crew. Hope you enjoy! http://so_o2.tripod.com/TBC2-STbin-20040209.zip http://so_o2.tripod.com/TS6-STbin-20040213.zip SoLo2 Hermann Samso <so_o2@mailcity.com> http://members.tripod.com/so_o2 ...

MaVerick Software Foundation Announces New Members, New Website, New Features, New Name, New Focus
Hello, We are happy to announce that Manuel Goyenechea of Servertec, www.servertec.com and Herb Rubin of Pathfinders, www.pfinders.com have joined the MaVerick Development Team. We have just redone our website's look-and-feel so that it is easier to navigate. We have added phpBB online forums, phpCollab task management system, Mantis for bug tracking system and FAQ Frenzy. We have changed the name of the project from Maverick DBMS to Maverick Application Server because Maverick is not just a database management system, it is a complete Application Server with a built-in MultiValue database. Maverick Application Server is now under The Maverick Software Foundation whose focus is to create an open source object oriented cross-platform application server, application builder and application suite. Presently the Maverick Website team is working very hard to integrate all the new website features. In the meantime please bear with multiple registrations and logins. If you find any problems with our new website please send an email to webmaster@maverick-dbms.org. The Maverick Development team is also working overtime to get a new release of Maverick out the door. The release will focus on the Maverick BASIC language and will contain almost two years worth of work by Robert and company. Right now they are literally working 24x7 around the world to identify and fix bugs. If you would like to help us test Maverick please downlo...

"I am the happy owner of a Mac Book Pro, but I can't really justify purchasing a new Mac given the cost of a new Mac vs. a comparable PC."
http://ayende.com/Blog/archive/2010/02/11/suggestions-for-a-new-laptop.aspx Suggestions for a new laptop? Okay, the previous time I asked this question, I decided that buying a big desktop machine would be preferable, but I am currently traveling and I am pained at the speed of my current laptop. Therefore, I am going to need a new one. I am the happy owner of a Mac Book Pro, but I can't really justify purchasing a new Mac given the cost of a new Mac vs. a comparable PC. The Mac tax just doesn't pay for itself at those levels for me. Any recommendations? I want so...

Expensive New Apple Computer Announced
<http://www.dailydot.com/technology/steve-jobs-apple-1-computer-auction/> -- Where's the Vangelis music? Pris' tongue is sticking out in in the wide shot after Batty has kissed her. They have put back more tits into the Zhora dressing room scene. -- notes for Blade Runner ...

OT: New product announcement: Elegance
<plug> As many of you know, we've been developing a mechanism to deliver lectures via the internet. We began that process in QCTerm several years ago but we are now in the process of breaking that code out into a new separate product, which we are calling "QCShow." In order to make QCShow be everything that we wanted it to be, we had to develop and write a great many image processing routines. Because of that effort, we also began developing a third product, QCPhoto, an auxilary program for digital cameras, designed primarily for families, especially mothers. ...

New to Mac
Ok, so I made the switch. A friend gave me his iBook G3 and I'm still try to get comfortable with OS X. So far, I'm pleased but of course, the questions are popping up. I haven't used an Apple operating system since GS/OS 6.01. First, how do I change the computer Owner's Name? Currently "Brian's Computer" shows up all over the place and I can't seem to find a way to change this. Will I have to reinstall OS X? Second, can someone recommend a good offline newsreader for OS X? I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions. Please let me know if I'...

Some new Apple products... shipping or announced...
http://www.apple.com/xsan/ http://www.apple.com/motion/ ���� wrote: > http://www.apple.com/xsan/ > > http://www.apple.com/motion/ If they come from Apple BUGS are certain. In article <10863qggaedmqfb@news.supernews.com>, "John" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote: > ���� wrote: > > http://www.apple.com/xsan/ > > > > http://www.apple.com/motion/ > > > If they come from Apple BUGS are certain. > John you idiot we are not talking about microsoft software here ! Harri Mellin wrote: > In article <10863qggaedmqfb@news.supe...

Get a new Mac computer for $399.
http://store.apple.com/us/buy/home/shop_ipad/family/ipad/ipad2 And it even has the latest OS which Macs will be getting soon, IOS. ...

Cisco and Netgear announce new products
eChannelLine - North York,Ontario,Canada .... Systems announced three new products for the Cisco 7200 Series Routers -- the Cisco 7200 Network Processing Engine (NPE-G2), Cisco 7200 VPN Services Adapter ... http://www.echannelline.com/usa/story.cfm?item=20701 Are there any thought on the price of it? Alexey www.vpnsolution.info alexeinn@yahoo.com writes: >eChannelLine - North York,Ontario,Canada >... Systems announced three new products for the Cisco 7200 Series >Routers -- the Cisco 7200 Network Processing Engine (NPE-G2), Cisco >7200 VPN Services Adapter ... &...

New Amstrad computer just announced !!!
It will be a PC compatible machine with all Amstrad CPC games and programs built-in ! Stay tuned ! Um, ha-ha. April fool's ended some six hours before this? Will it have a 3" drive? Cheers Th Jasper Tiler wrote: > It will be a PC compatible machine with all Amstrad CPC games and > programs built-in ! > > Stay tuned ! Yep a 3" drive included. The disks cost �8.99 each. I just read about it on the Net.... Cool, it has Space Harrier bundled! That's something new for the 21st centuary... Should you not only get a crap Amsoft game bundled? ...

Apple announces new Mac Pro
It's a dual-processor quad-core 2.8 GHz Mac with 2 gigs of RAM. It lists for $2799. Apple says that this is the fastest Macintosh ever made, and is twice as fast as the previous model for processor-intensive operations. There are 3.0 gigs and 3.2 gigs models as well. There is also a BTW single-processor quad core model for the budget minded, which sells for $2299. The original 128K Macintosh sold for $2495 in 1984 dollars ($4956 in today's currency); quite a difference, isn't it? The inflation rate from January 1984 until today is 98.6 percent. (I rounded that to one ...

change mac address get mac address spoofing mac address find computer by mac address
Mac Address Spoofing Report Victor J. Canny D. Abstract: Mac address can uniquely identifies each node of a network, ISPs and network administrators use mac address to manage their pc users. PC users may want to spoof mac address so that he need not to contact with ISP for a new network interface card (NIC); PC users may want to hide his mac address so that totally hide his information on the internet. Introduction Mac address, short for Media Access Control address, is a hardware address that uniquely identifies each node of a network. It means, in a local area network (LAN) or oth...

New product from CMS Products
They just announced a 100GB backup drive. List is at $419. Has anyone ever used their backup systems? I'm thinking of getting one of these and upgrading my laptop to 100GB. Thanks! ...

OlderGames announces new CD32 product! (fwd)
-- Fowarded message -- From: RW Bivins ....our company is happy to announce we will be shipping three new versions of 'FROG FEAST' on November 15th. The new editions include Dreamcast, Amiga CD32, and FM Towns MARTY. ---------------------- DETAILED INFO: ---------------------- >From RasterSoft's Homepage: "On August 20th, 2005 Frog Feast was unleashed on the unsuspecting public, courtesy of OlderGames. In the two years Frog Feast has been around, it's been released on 12 different console or arcade systems. Many of the supported systems are hard to fi...

ANNOUNCE fabulous new scientific computation development
From olden days until the advent of the modern electronic computer, scientific computation was achieved by analog means. Starting in the past century, newfangled digital computation outpaced traditional methods in speed, but gave rise to a "binary priesthood" as the intuitive analog characteristics were lost. Now, with the power of GFORTH 0.7 technology, we bring intuitive analog computing into the modern digital era. You may see a preview of this revolutionary new development here: http://www.nightsong.com/april-1-forth.ps The computing world will never be the same ;-). ...

Announcement: A 10th Anniversary, and a New Mac Orchard
December 17, 2005 � Today is the 10th anniversary of The Mac Orchard, the most complete, most up-to-date collection of Macintosh Internet applications available anywhere on the Internet. More importantly, today also represents the official unveiling of the new Mac Orchard, which was over two years in the making. Here are the highlights: * A new look and feel, implemented using XHTML and CSS2 for accessibility, and featuring far greater readability; * A new page layout offers more information for each application, as well as a wealth of related information for each application category...

Further Announcement: New Posting in linux-troll-advocacy
I've must put the first post into my fantastic new google group. Please come and read it. its ralated to both of your Usenet groups. http://groups-beta.google.com/group/troll-linux/browse_thread/thread/57543119785b7f66 82.77.121.19 Mike Cox wrote: > > I've must put the first post into my fantastic new google group. > Please come and read it. its ralated to both of your Usenet groups. > > http://groups-beta.google.com/group/troll-linux/browse_thread thread/57543119785b7f66 Dear Mike, You are turning into a regular internet terrorist. I thought you were posting f...

Web resources about - New computer product announcements - comp.sys.mac.advocacy

Public service announcement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A public service announcement ( PSA ) or public service ad, are messages in the public interest disseminated by the media without charge, with ...

Two big announcements.
... This year marks 37signals' 15th year in business. And today is Basecamp's 10th birthday. We have a lot to celebrate, and two exciting announcements ...

4Q EARNINGS CALL: Zuckerberg Discusses ‘Separate Mobile Apps’ Just Prior To Paper Announcement
Facebook Co-Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg wasn’t joking about “building separate mobile applications beyond the main Facebook app” during the ...

Facebook's latest news, announcements and media resources - Facebook's latest news, announcements and ...
Facebook Newsroom - Facebook's latest news, announcements and media resources

FastMail Weblog - Blog for FastMail announcements, news and comments
Blog for FastMail announcements, news and comments

Instant Analysis: Digesting the Implications of Today’s Platform Roadmap Announcements
We’re here at Facebook headquarters, where Ethan Beard, Director of Platform Marketing, just delivered Facebook’s first-ever “platform roadmap” ...

#OnlyOnTwitter: Announcements and surprises
We have a couple of moments to share with you this week of things that happened #OnlyOnTwitter. Two of our stories this week are about announcements. ...

Today's Cisco announcement (2 of 2): Cisco Demonstrates Commitment to Global Internet of Things Ecosystem ...
Full release at: http://www.slideshare.net/iotwf/cisco-internet-of-things-press-release-october-29-announcement-27685075 Cisco Demonstrates Commitment ...

WWDC 2012 : What companies are the potential biggest winners and losers from the announcements made at ...
Rakesh Agrawal's answer: Winners Apple - Well, duh. They showed the advantages of owning the whole stack vs. offering software to run on other ...

announcement « Blog – Stack Exchange
The simple answer is, it takes as long as it takes . We’ll wait. If a site needs more activity, go out and evangelize it . As long as your site ...