Only Mac fanbois buy Macs

=95 Half of Apple Retail Store Mac buyers were new to Mac

hehe
0
jdear

"jdear"  wrote in message

>� Half of Apple Retail Store Mac buyers were new to Mac

>hehe

The link is broke.

0
Redjak

To Mac or not to Mac?

Mac to mac

When is a Mac not a Mac?

Help! iSync mac to mac

bmp-mac, mac and xmms-mac ports
Hello, I can't find these in the ports collections, so i've downloaded and compiled mac and xmms-mac successfully and have confirmed that they work on FreeBSD. I was looking for an APE (Monkey Audio) plug-in for XMMS in the ports collection but wasn't able to find one. I had a bit of trouble with compiling xmms-mac to start off with. The compilation would fail with the following: g++ -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/X11R6/include/xmms -I/usr/local/include/gtk12 -I/usr/local/include/glib12 -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -s -O3 -Wall -pedantic -DBUILD_CROSS_PLATFORM -g -O2 -o fileinfo fileinfo.o -Wl,-E -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/local/lib -lgtk-12 -lgdk-12 -lgmodule-12 -lglib-12 /usr/local/lib/libintl.so /usr/local/lib/libiconv.so -lXi -lXext -lX11 -lm -lxmms /usr/lib/libmac.so -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib/libgthread-12.so.3: undefined reference to `pthread_cond_timedwait' *** Error code 1 Stop in /usr/home/net147/xmms-mac-0.3.1/src. *** Error code 1 Stop in /usr/home/net147/xmms-mac-0.3.1. *** Error code 1 Stop in /usr/home/net147/xmms-mac-0.3.1. However i've managed to fix this by deleting the extracts files, re-extracting the files again, adding -lpthread to the configure.in file and then running autoconf to regenerate the configure script before compiling. # diff starts here --- configure.in.old Sun Dec 10 14:24:01 2006 +++ configure.in Sun Dec 10 14:24:...

It's a Mac, Mac, Mac World
I wonder how the Windows users would like my (ab)normal Microsoft-free world: My business: all Mac, no PCs. My dentist, family physician and urologist are all Mac. No PCs. Went to Sir Speedy today for more bus. cards and some binding: all Mac (no surprise there). My daughter's three new college room mates have emailed her. Two have PowerBooks and one has an eMac. (She has a G5 iMac.) I never even see a PC unless I am at the public library or a store using a Windows POS unit. It never was intentional. I don't scout a place to see what frickin' computer they use. Jus...

When is a Mac no longer a Mac?
OK, so Apple's going to go to Intel CPUs. Now Macs are no longer differentiated by a slow clock and superior instruction set--we've got the same hackjob clusterfuck on speed PCs have been using for decades now. And over the last few years Apple's gone away from SCSI, NuBus, ADB, Localtalk, etc. And PCs have picked up USB, dropped floppies, and colored their cases. The hardware's basically merging between the two platforms. On the software side, the classic MacOS is gone, replaced by Unixy stuff. And like it or not, higher up on the UI level lots of Windows-li...

MAC to MAC connectivity
Hi, As part of a design that I'm investigating, I am looking at connecting a number of FPGA based MACs to a dedicated broadcom switch chip. The difficulty with this is that to interface both chips, I need to have two closely coupled and redundant PHY . Is it possible to connect two MAC (SGMII) directly point-to-point, bypassing the PHY completely? Or is it necessary to have at least some PHY functionality, even if it is a point to point link? Kind regards, Stephen Steve wrote: > Hi, > > As part of a design that I'm investigating, I am looking at connecting > a number...

Mac to MAc Firewire
Hey all Looking for some help. I am trying to use a 6-6pin 1394 cable to connect two iBooks together and transfer some large files. iBook 1 dual USB 'white' iBook OS 9.2 iBook 2 G4 OSx 10.2 I boot iBook 1 into 'target drive' mode and get the firewire icon dancing about the screen then connect it to iBook 2 but the drive does not appear on the desktop. I have tried all combinations of rebooting/ connecting before and after rebooting but nothing seams to work. When the firewire is plugged in the target disk makes a short noise then nothing the host does not appear to react at ...

MAC to MAC over Internet
Hi All, First I will tell you that I am not a MAC user or owner so please be patient :) I have a friend who runs a small business and they have two MAC computers in the office that are networked together and share files. The main MAC has approx 20,000 files that they share and update. One of the people will be moving away and they want to be able to connect over the Internet to the main MAC and share the files just like they do in the office today. They need to be able to have the master files on the main MAC in the office and allow the other person to easily access and update the master ...

mac to mac connection
Hi, PBG3 400 OS 10.3 I connect a crossover cable between my PB, and other macs running OS9, and can not mount see the other mac on my PB. Have followed the Help, but must be doing something wrong somewhere. I can however see/connect to my PB from the peripheral mac via the Chooser. I have not been able to connect to windoze machines either, but maybe that will rsolve if I can get mac to mac sharing happening. Can someone suggest what I may be overlooking or a relevant site... ? thanks indeed Chris Brown Neurosurgery University of Adelaide In article <400da705$1@yorrell.saard.net>, Chris Brown <cbrown@medicine.adelaide.edu.au> wrote: > Hi, > > > PBG3 400 OS 10.3 > > I connect a crossover cable between my PB, and other macs running OS9, > and can not mount see the other mac on my PB. Have followed the Help, > but must be doing something wrong somewhere. I can however see/connect > to my PB from the peripheral mac via the Chooser. > > I have not been able to connect to windoze machines either, but maybe > that will rsolve if I can get mac to mac sharing happening. > > Can someone suggest what I may be overlooking or a relevant site... ? > > > thanks indeed > > Chris Brown > Neurosurgery > University of Adelaide > Chris, things won't necessarily connect automagically. First, you have to turn on "File Sharing" on both machines. If you have an OS 9 box, when y...

Mac Miail on .mac
I have my own domain name. Is there a way to get msil under .mac to set this as the reply to address. It seems that I am forced to use the @mac address but I could well be missing something. Thanks Colin Countryman wrote: > I have my own domain name. Is there a way to get msil under .mac to set this > as the reply to address. It seems that I am forced to use the @mac address > but I could well be missing something. > > Thanks > Colin Open a new Mail message - press Command-Alt-R to display the Reply-To field. Chu -- chuenginsberg at mac dot com On Sun, 21 Jan 2...

Mac-to-Mac VPN?
Years ago, I set up a Mac network (under OS9) with a VPN router and some software on a remote PowerBook that allowed VPN access. I'm not terribly familiar with OSX yet, but I understand that much of this functionality is now built in. Can anybody steer me in the right direction as far as hardware, software and configuration? Here's the setup I envision: - Small LAN running two Macs and a printer with a DSL connection through a router. - Remote PowerBook connected to the net varyingly with dial-up, DSL (wired), and AirPort. - Use the PowerBook to securely connect to at l...

networking mac to mac???
Hello, Can someone out there tell me the best (easy) way to network a ibook running os.9??? possibly to a new imac running osx 5wak <rosscoism@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, Can someone out there tell me the best (easy) way to network a > ibook running os.9??? possibly to a new imac running osx Put an ethernet cable between them, enable tcp/ip and file sharing on one and log on from the other, seems to be what you are asking for? And you do not need a cross-over cable between modern Macs. -- /Jon For contact info, run the following in Terminal: echo 361993718603049801070734...

Mac advocacy again: Springer changes to Mac
Here's a bit of Mac advocacy for the US Independence Day. http://tinyurl.com/68ajad =46rom the article: In a YouTube video, posted below the fold, CEO Mathias D=F6pfner lists four reasons for the change: Most of the company=92s layout work was already being done on Macs Macs are more user friendly than other computers Apple creates the most elegant computers Macs are cheaper to buy and easier to maintain than they were in the past -- Dave Fritzinger Honolulu, HI Dave Fritzinger wrote: > Here's a bit of Mac advocacy for the US Independence Day. > > http://tinyurl.com/68aj...

change mac address get mac address spoofing mac address find computer by mac address
Mac Address Spoofing Report Victor J. Canny D. Abstract: Mac address can uniquely identifies each node of a network, ISPs and network administrators use mac address to manage their pc users. PC users may want to spoof mac address so that he need not to contact with ISP for a new network interface card (NIC); PC users may want to hide his mac address so that totally hide his information on the internet. Introduction Mac address, short for Media Access Control address, is a hardware address that uniquely identifies each node of a network. It means, in a local area network (LAN) or oth...

mac newbie: buying a mac, software availability
hello everybody, i just saw the new imac G5 and im considering to buy one. I've never had a mac, but since they got OS X and got those really nice designs im thinking more and more in getting one. im more a home user, like i'd use it to surf the web, emails, watch a dvd, and for music and pictures, that's pretty much it. However, i like to program, so it'd be great if i could program in C like i can do under linux. I admit im a complete newbie on OS X, so is it real that i could just get any program for linux and get it to compile (provided that it's not x86 architecture d...

Anyone got Mac classic Mac emulation running well on their Intel Mac?
Despite switching to DOSBox and VMware's Fusion with WinXP to handle my classic gaming needs, there are still a bunch of classic MacOS games I'm desperate to run on my Intel Mac. I've tried and failed to get Ballisk and SheepShaver running. Mini vMac runs but has a nasty, nasty habbit of corrupting disk images opened in both it and OSX. *sigh* Has anyone had any sucess? Why is classic Mac emulation so way behind other emulation efforts? With Amiga emulation running it's surprising classic Mac emulation is so far behind :-( TIA, Jamie Kahn Genet -- If you&...

Mac - to
I've got the Msdros remote desktop that works OK. What I'd like to do, though, is to have a remote desktop from my iBook to my G5 computer, both on the most recent OS/X, tiger. release. What program do I have to use to log in to my G5 from my iBook so that I can, through wi-fi, control iTunes, play DVDs, and run terminal on the G5 on the iBook? [[ This message was both posted and mailed: see the "To," "Cc," and "Newsgroups" headers for details. ]] In article <1180031966.406197.148070@g4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>, Peter Brooks <Peter.H.M.Br...

Moving a User from Mac to Mac...
I currently have two old Macs...let's call them my MAIN Mac (a G4 running Tiger) and my OTHER Mac (early Intel iMac also running Tiger). And, I'm about to purchase a NEW Mac. (3 Macs...MAIN, OTHER and NEW) What I'd like to do is move virtually everything (user accounts, applications, settings, documents, etc.) from my current MAIN Mac to my NEW Mac. I've never actually done this before, but I believe, on initial install of the NEW Mac, the Mac OS actually asks if you want to do just this. Question#1: If the above is true, what cable is required during the install process whe...

Macs and Mac Users. A Rant.
http://tragicallyunhip.wordpress.com/2008/03/26/macs-and-mac-users-a-rant/ Macs and Mac Users. A Rant. March 26, 2008 tragicallyunhip Yanno. for years we've had to listen to Mac users go on and on and ON in the superior tone about how great Macs are and about how they just never break. Well, let me tell you, I have spent enough years in IT to know they do. A LOT. My last job was at a company whose graphics department was, as you might expect, Mac-based. And I spent just as much time down there working on them as I did ANY PC. But that's just the tip of the iceberg. What about ...

Mac and non Mac Partition
Hello, I want to use my mac to copy some files to mp3 players or other portable stup. The problem for instance in a Fat16 partion the mac write some "._blahblah" files. And some player doesn't like these file and get frozen. I have to plug the player (or it's memory card) to a Pc, the remove these file in order to make it working. Is there a way to avoid this ? Thanks John In article <4a4cc7f2$0$12658$ba4acef3@news.orange.fr>, John <NoSpam@NoSpam.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I want to use my mac to copy some files to mp3 players or other portable ...

Phyless MAC to MAC connection
I am on a project where we have an ethernet interface between an MPC8270 with a Wintegra 787 using a phyless MAC-to-MAC connection. On the MPC8270 we are using an FCC for this. I am using VxWorks 5.5 for this project. Can anyone tell me if I need to change VxWorks End Driver to make this happen. From what I understand currently, when the End Driver is initialized there is no initialization string which can indicate that there is no PHY out there. Has anyone implemented this before? Thanks, - Manish M Trojan wrote: > I am on a project where we have an ethernet interface between ...

Is .mac and back to my mac on topic?
If it is, I'll post a message about them. -- Support the troops: Bring them home ASAP. Michelle Steiner <michelle@michelle.org> wrote: > If it is, I'll post a message about them. LOL! Oh, and IMO, yes. -- <http://designsbymike.net/shop/mac.cgi> Mac and geek T-shirts & gifts <http://designsbymike.net/election.shtml> Election 2008 goods. <http://designsbymike.net/shop/prius.cgi> Prius shirts/bumper stickers <http://designsbymike.net/shop/greet.cgi> Holiday cards with attitude In article <1igqml2.90lqaz1h7auzpN%mikePOST@TOGROUPmacconsult.co...

Web resources about - Only Mac fanbois buy Macs - comp.sys.mac.advocacy

Akon = Tesla Fanboi
... LED lighting to millions of Africans. Tagged on at the end of that was a joking question about whether or not he [&hellip Akon = Tesla Fanboi ...

APPLE still building fanbois CULT HQ in Cupertino, it seems
Drone takes flight over Fruit Loop to reveal giant brown circle The new Apple Fruit Loop HQ is taking shape, with the foundations laid and the ...

iPhone 6 shunned by fanbois in Apple's GREAT FAIL of CHINA
Just 100 Beijing fanbois queue to pick up new mobe

Apple fanbois are 'MENTALLY UNSTABLE' but you still have to 'SERVICE' them
Fear, loathing and rudeness in an iStore QuOTW This was the week in which we learned that Apple shop staff have been ordered to "touch" fanbois ...

Oh noes, fanbois! iPhone 6 Plus shipments DELAYED in Blighty
Is EMBIGGENED Apple mobe REALLY that popular? Fanbois in the UK who rushed to buy Apple's iPhone 6 Plus on Friday apparently triggered a delay ...

iPhone 6 shunned by fanbois in Apple's GREAT FAIL of CHINA
Just 100 Beijing fanbois queue to pick up new mobe The belated Chinese launch of the iPhone 6 appears to have been a total flop after just 100 ...

Apple MacBook 2015: Twelve inches of slim and shiny fanboi joy
And it's optimised for better finger fun Review As Geddy Lee of Rush once sang – “plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose”. When Apple unveiled ...

Apple swears that NO FANBOI will queue for its new gumble
... Hello Kitty backpacks and shove off Angela Ahrendts, head of retail at the fruity company, has ordered her grunts to discourage Apple fanbois ...

Stop wailing, fanbois. You can still worship at the Temple of Jobs
Wrist job and Macbook online only sales a ‘unique' situation Fear not fanbois, online only sales of Apple’s jazz bangle wrist job and shiny ...

Apple fanbois to talk at the iWatch, INSPECTOR GADGET style – report
It could be a M.A.D. agent plot, Uncle Gadget... 'Nonsense, Penny. It will be great fun' The next generation of fanbois will walk down the street ...