Possible Microsoft sabotage of XP

Interesting thread in another group:�

> >"<snip> wrote in message
> > How do you feel
> >> ...about the idea that microsoft is using the update
> >> mechanism for windows xp to sabotage the older operating
> >> system in order to drive sales of vista?

Someone else replied

> >Microsoft can't be trusted so I wouldn't be surprised. I was reading
> about
> >Palladium the other day and Billy reckoned he could install it on
> computers
> >through updates alone in one year.
> >I never updated Win 98 and 98SE and had a good run out of it. I have
> also
> >never updated XPee apart from SP1 and I never have trouble with XPee
> either.
> >Young Bill will have to do something about Vista because nobody seems
> to be
> >very interested in it or in buying a ballsy computer to run it.

A third person added

> I haven't had any problems from getting updates for xp but wouldn't be
> surprised if MS did cause a few problems to generate sales of vista.
> The fact is that xp works just fine, and I don't need vista. If
> something
> starts screwing up on my puter I'll just load an acronis backup image
> and never get another update from MS again
0
gamma (31)
1/27/2007 3:29:51 AM
comp.sys.mac.advocacy 34149 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

sys.mac.advocacy
Hi, If you want to enter in a family website open up: http://www.familypk.com/ Its an entertainment website. Thanks ...

Windows-XP program sabotaged by MICROSOFT?
Hi, I thought I was running a legitimate version of Win XP PRO (pruchased on the internet) but now I am having my doubts. Someone told me that Microsoft has sabotaged any system that it believes is not legit but sending out false update packets that eventually cause the system to crash. If someone knows more about this, please tell me. Sincerely, joe PS>>> please send all correspondence to the following email address>>>> lift@lift985.com THANKS!!! I dont think so...... "joshzz" <joebur@jersey....

Mac Sys 7.x Appletalk/Windows XP Printer
Does anyone know of a printer that has the following characteristics: 1. Has an Appletalk port that prints to Mac System 7.x; and 2. Has a USB or parallel port that prints to Windows XP; and 3. Is currently on the market? Thanks. << 1. Has an Appletalk port that prints to Mac System 7.x; and 2. Has a USB or parallel port that prints to Windows XP; and 3. Is currently on the market? Thanks. >> It's not on the current market but the Epson Stylus Color 740 has USB parallel and Mac serial ports. They are available on E-bay. hth Ron ...

Mac advocacy again: Springer changes to Mac
Here's a bit of Mac advocacy for the US Independence Day. http://tinyurl.com/68ajad =46rom the article: In a YouTube video, posted below the fold, CEO Mathias D=F6pfner lists four reasons for the change: Most of the company=92s layout work was already being done on Macs Macs are more user friendly than other computers Apple creates the most elegant computers Macs are cheaper to buy and easier to maintain than they were in the past -- Dave Fritzinger Honolulu, HI Dave Fritzinger wrote: > Here's a bit of Mac advocacy for the US Independence Day. > > http://tinyurl.com/68ajad > > From the article: > > In a YouTube video, posted below the fold, CEO Mathias D�pfner lists > four reasons for the change: > > Most of the company�s layout work was already being done on Macs > Macs are more user friendly than other computers > Apple creates the most elegant computers > Macs are cheaper to buy and easier to maintain than they were in the > past > -- > Dave Fritzinger > Honolulu, HI It also said they'll be running OS X, Windows Vista and Windows XP on these machines, so basically they have just added an additonal OS to support. "Apple creates the most elegant computers". Wow, I'm glad he's not the CEO of my company. Steve In article <baidnd-wU5XcKPPVnZ2dnUVZ_hKdnZ2d@giganews.com>, Steve de Mena <steve@stevedemena.com> wrote: > Dave Fritzinger wrote: > > Here's a bit...

Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac, MacDrive 7.0.10, Apple Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.10 for Mac Intel, Propellerheads.Reason.v4.0.HYBRID, Maya Unlimited 2008 for Mac, FXpansion GURU 1.1.280 for Mac, Roxio Popcorn
Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac, MacDrive 7.0.10, Apple Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.10 for Mac Intel, Propellerheads.Reason.v4.0.HYBRID, Maya Unlimited 2008 for Mac, FXpansion GURU 1.1.280 for Mac, Roxio Popcorn 3 for Mac, MapleSoft Maple 11.01.303882 Pro for Mac, other Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2007/10/15, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/ MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' please send e-mail to : ola 'AT' mail 'DOT' gr , ola3 'AT' mailbox 'DOT...

Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac, MacDrive 7.0.10, Apple Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.10 for Mac Intel, Propellerheads.Reason.v4.0.HYBRID, Maya Unlimited 2008 for Mac, FXpansion GURU 1.1.280 for Mac, Roxio Popcorn
Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac, MacDrive 7.0.10, Apple Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.10 for Mac Intel, Propellerheads.Reason.v4.0.HYBRID, Maya Unlimited 2008 for Mac, FXpansion GURU 1.1.280 for Mac, Roxio Popcorn 3 for Mac, MapleSoft Maple 11.01.303882 Pro for Mac, other Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2007/10/15, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/ MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' please send e-mail to : ola 'AT' mail 'DOT' gr , ola3 'AT' mailbox 'DOT' gr , www 'DOT' 20000plusdvdsandcds 'DOT' tk , ( please substitute 'AT' with '@' , and 'DOT' with '.' ) , ola@mail.gr, ola3@mailbox.gr, www.20000plusdvdsandcds.tk --------------------------------------- 2007-10-15 MacDrive 7.0.10 Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac (1 cd) 2007-10-02 MakeMusic Finale 2008 for Mac (3 cd) 2007/10/02 Propellerheads.Reason.v4.0.HYBRID 1DVD 2007-10-05 Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 1.2 for Mac ------------------------------------------------------- 2007/09/29 Autodesk Maya Unlimited 2008 for Mac (1 dvd) 2007/09/25 FXpansion GURU 1.1.280 for Mac (1 dvd) 2007/09/14 Sorenson Squeeze Compression Suite 4.5.3 for Mac 2007/09/09 Apple Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.10 for Mac Intel (1 dvd) MapleSoft Maple 11.01.303882 Pro for Mac (1 cd) Roxio Popcorn 3 for Mac (1 cd) Vertus Fluid Mask 3.0.1 for Mac -------------------------------...

Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac, MacDrive 7.0.10, Apple Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.10 for Mac Intel, Propellerheads.Reason.v4.0.HYBRID, Maya Unlimited 2008 for Mac, FXpansion GURU 1.1.280 for Mac, Roxio P
Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac, MacDrive 7.0.10, Apple Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.10 for Mac Intel, Propellerheads.Reason.v4.0.HYBRID, Maya Unlimited 2008 for Mac, FXpansion GURU 1.1.280 for Mac, Roxio Popcorn 3 for Mac, MapleSoft Maple 11.01.303882 Pro for Mac, other Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2007/10/15, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/ MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' please send e-mail to : ola 'AT' mail 'DOT' gr , ola3 'AT' mailbox 'DOT' gr ...

Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac, MacDrive 7.0.10, Apple Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.10 for Mac Intel, Propellerheads.Reason.v4.0.HYBRID, Maya Unlimited 2008 for Mac, FXpansion GURU 1.1.280 for Mac, Roxio P #2
Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac, MacDrive 7.0.10, Apple Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.10 for Mac Intel, Propellerheads.Reason.v4.0.HYBRID, Maya Unlimited 2008 for Mac, FXpansion GURU 1.1.280 for Mac, Roxio Popcorn 3 for Mac, MapleSoft Maple 11.01.303882 Pro for Mac, other Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2007/10/15, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/ MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' please send e-mail to : ola 'AT' mail 'DOT' gr , ola3 'AT' mailbox 'DOT' gr ...

Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac, MacDrive 7.0.10, Apple Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.10 for Mac Intel, VIENNA INSTRUMENTS VIENNA SYMPHONIC LIBRARIES, Propellerheads.Reason.v4.0.HYBRID, Maya Unlimited 2008 for Mac
Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac, MacDrive 7.0.10, Apple Mac OSX Tiger 10.4.10 for Mac Intel, VIENNA INSTRUMENTS VIENNA SYMPHONIC LIBRARIES, Propellerheads.Reason.v4.0.HYBRID, Maya Unlimited 2008 for Mac, FXpansion GURU 1.1.280 for Mac, Roxio Popcorn 3 for Mac, MapleSoft Maple 11.01.303882 Pro for Mac, other Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2007/10/15, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' please send e-mail to : ola 'AT' mail 'DOT...

First is was iPods, now it's Macs! Mac Advocacy
http://tinyurl.com/6sawx Or so the author says. Seems at least here, the college kids are buying a lot of Macs because of the iPod along with the fact that Mac Laptops are cheaper than their Dell cousins. Seems the college crowd is providing the Mac Advocacy. -- Regards, JP "The measure of a man is what he will do knowing he will get nothing in return" In article <jpolaski-CC78AF.11530722092004@netnews.comcast.net>, Jim Polaski <jpolaski@NOSpaMync.net> wrote: > http://tinyurl.com/6sawx > > Or so the author says. Seems at least here, the college kids ...

sys .mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate;Wrestling;gosips;amazing pictuers;cookingrecipes; htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

Microsoft to Mac?
What steps do I need to take, to move my Eudora files from my old Windows 98 machine to my new iMac? I'm particularly interested in making certain that all of my file attachments stay properly connected. Salvaging my existing "personalities," signatures, and filters would also be nice. I'm also interested in advice about the best way to transfer my files. Thank you, in advance, for any assistance. Mike Rollins miker@panix.com In article <Pine.NEB.4.63.0509111232320.14321@panix2.panix.com>, Mike Rollins <miker@panix.com> wrote: >...

sys.mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

To Mac or not to Mac?

Finally, you can afford software by XP XP & Microsoft

How about some more Mac advocacy
http://www.macworld.com/article/132612/2008/03/xserver2008.html "The quad-core Xeon-based Apple Xserve is a superbly modern 1U server with powerful options for storage and remote access. As with any server, deployments should be carefully planned�the embedded LOM may necessitate an additional Ethernet card under some circumstances, and anyone upgrading from a PowerPC-based model should study their power and cooling infrastructure before upgrading." http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=EW4DUWCW 3IS4WQSNDLPSKHSCJUNN2JVN?articleID=206902894&subSection=News or, http://tinyurl.com/325q29 "We've tested the Mac Pro, MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, the iMac, the Mac Mini, and the XServe. There's not a bad Apple among the bunch, and some are truly superb." And, finally, http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2704,2278136,00.asp "This 3.1 release also marks the first non-beta release of the software for Windows, and though some have rightly questioned Apple's practice of piggybacking the Safari installer along with iTunes updates for Windows systems, it's a piece of software that merits your consideration." -- Dave Fritzinger Honolulu, HI David Fritzinger wrote: > http://www.macworld.com/article/132612/2008/03/xserver2008.html > "The quad-core Xeon-based Apple Xserve is a superbly modern 1U server > with powerful options for storage and remote access. As with any server, > de...

When is a Mac not a Mac?

sys.mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

sys .mac
Dear Friend, I have found some websites: for msn messenger, http://www.hotmailpk.com/ For entertainment,spotlight.articles,interviews,dailyupdate htttp://www.familyandtwist.com/ for sms messeges, smsjokes, http://www.smstwist.com/ for articles,entertainment,beauty tips,news,showbiz and fashion http://http://www.familypk.com Visit these websites: Thanks ...

XP on a mac
Slow- but faster than OSX on the same mac. ...

mac advocacy
unmoderated group comp.soft-sys.middleware.opendoc passes 478:13 comp.soft-sys.middleware.opendoc results - 491 valid votes Yes No : 2/3? >100? : Pass? : Group ---- ---- : ---- ----- : ----- : ------------------------------------------- 478 13 : Yes Yes : Yes : comp.soft-sys.middleware.opendoc 2 abstaining votes and 1 invalid vote For group passage, YES votes must be at least 2/3 of all valid (YES and NO) votes. There also must be at least 100 more YES votes than NO votes. There is a five day discussion period after these results are posted. If no serious allegations of voting irregularities are raised, the moderator of news.announce.newgroups will create the group shortly thereafter. Newsgroups line: comp.soft-sys.middleware.opendoc OpenDoc and its related technologies. Voting closed on 23:59:59 UTC, 3 Oct 1995. This vote was conducted by a neutral third party. Questions about the proposed group should be directed to the proponent. Proponent: Jonathan Zamick <Jonath...@consensus.com> Votetaker: Jan Isley <j...@bagend.atl.ga.us> RATIONALE: comp.soft-sys.middleware.opendoc Currently a majority of the public discussion about the OpenDoc related technologies takes place on a mailing list on the CI Labs server. The traffic on just the CI Labs lists, as well as their membership have continued to balloon in size, leading to the need for a common forum. In addition, components and component tec...

Mac to mac

Mac advocacy...
....but I'm sure there are some here who will tell me why it's all wrong. "Last week's column on pondering a new PC, and the possibility of throwing over Windows for Apple, brought in a tidal wave of forum posts and email -- and more evidence that the consumer-PC market is turning in Apple's favor. Email after email came from people who had recently switched from Windows to Macs, or were planning to do so once OS X 10.5 -- alias Leopard -- comes out next month. (By the way, why not stick with the working names for operating systems? They're always cooler.) And many of those emails came from people who were longtime, dedicated Windows users, including engineering types who had resisted what they saw as Apple hype. (Another theme that emerged from my correspondence: Vista was the final straw for a number of Windows users. Microsoft has a problem on its hands there.) I know looking through an inbox is anecdotal evidence -- but there was an enormous amount of it, of which the letters below are a small sample. Yes, there was a reverse wave of folks suggesting Linux, building my own PC, or staying the course and getting a game console. But it was a small ripple against the tide. Thanks to everybody who wrote in with their experiences." <http://online.wsj.com/article/SB118953892743724082.html?mod=yahoo_hs&ru= yahoo> I particularly liked this reader's comments: "W. Brennan Carley writes: I recently found myself in...

Mac advocacy.
http://www.comics.com/creators/wizardofid/archive/images/wizardofid20366165 050118.gif Andy In article <Xns9600A587AF753nospmnowherecom@216.196.97.136>, Andy <nospm@nowhere.com> wrote: > http://www.comics.com/creators/wizardofid/archive/images/wizardofid20366165 > 050118.gif Indeed, the Maccies in this group often get people like that guy in here advocating Windows. :) -- Sandman[.net] ...

Web resources about - Possible Microsoft sabotage of XP - comp.sys.mac.advocacy

Microsoft Corporation

Microsoft Cloud Partner - Home

Microsoft Hohm Service Discontinuation
Microsoft-Hohm discontinuation message