Top 5 world PC makers

Where, oh where, is Apple?

http://chattahbox.com/technology/2008/07/21/apple-increases-pc-market-share-ranks-third-behind-dell-hp/

Overall, the top 5 PC makers in the world are HP (18.1%), Dell (15.6%), Acer
(9.4%), Lenovo (7.8%), and Toshiba (4.4%).

0
DanTash (9)
12/3/2008 12:01:39 AM
comp.sys.mac.advocacy 33443 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Dec 2, 6:01=A0pm, "Daddy Warbuck" <DanT...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Where, oh where, is Apple?
>
> http://chattahbox.com/technology/2008/07/21/apple-increases-pc-market...
>
> Overall, the top 5 PC makers in the world are HP (18.1%), Dell (15.6%), A=
cer
> (9.4%), Lenovo (7.8%), and Toshiba (4.4%).

LOL! Read the article you posted yourself:
Apple Increases PC Market Share, Ranks Third Behind Dell, HP
Boston (ChattahBox) - Apple has managed to gain some serious market
share as they now rank third in the U.S. PC market, behind only Dell
and HP.
The figures were released for the second quarter of this year by the
research firm Gartner Research, showing that Apple now has an 8.5%
market share in the U.S.

0
mhhughes (2)

Top 10 posters comp.lang.awk #26
Top posters at comp.lang.awk. For the 7 day period ending Sunday February 8, 2009. posts kbytes name address 5 17.7 Ed Morton mortonspam@gmail.com 4 6.8 Steffen Schuler schuler.steffen@gmail.com 3 9.2 Aharon Robbins arnold@skeeve.com 3 5.2 mjc mjcohen@acm.org 2 7.8 r.p.loui@gmail.com r.p.loui@gmail.com 2 3.0 pgas pierre.gaston@gmail.com 2 2.8 Mikolaj Machowski mikmach@wp.pl 2 2.5 Kenny McCor...

Home Theater PC article on TheNoiseReport.com
Hi guys, I just posted on article on TheNoiseReport.com about an HTPC build that I'm starting. This is the first in a series of articles that will describe every aspect of my build from initial research to final tuning. The idea of the first article is to give HTPC builders a guide to help determine what products they might want to include in their HTPCs, as well as to start them planning their systems before throwing themselves into it. Here's a direct link: http://www.thenoisereport.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=15 Thanks, Tim ...

ignore test PGP 1165128572.5 #38
igrnore. this is a testfile, please disregard ...

cat 5 cable with a strong jacket ?
I've had cat5 cable in the past whose jacket tended to break. It was 30M of so-called patch cable. Was stranded. i'm wondering if solid core cat5 cable tend to have stronger jackets. Or if some cat 5 cables have stronger jackets than others. where can i get a cat 5 cable with a strong jacket ? 30M it's within the home, jameshanley39@yahoo.co.uk wrote: > I've had cat5 cable in the past whose jacket tended to break. It was > 30M of so-called patch cable. Was stranded. > > i'm wondering if solid core cat5 cable tend to have stronger jackets. > Or if so...

Be The Top FishVille Breeder
Using Top Secret Hints and Tips In 8 Days Guaranteed! http://onlinepartner.org/bestway-fishville ...

Unlock Vodafone UK, O2, ATT iPhone 5s 4s 4 5c 5 by IMEI
After 2 years of being the top unlocking partner for all iphone 4 phones, the team at iPhoneJailbreak-Unlock has increased its knowledge to include iphone 4, iphone 4s, 5, 5c and 5s. They are ready to help one unlock their phones to the maximum capability and do whatever it takes to make them run. The solution from iPhoneJailbreak-Unlock permanent unlock iPhone IMEI unlock solution for all the available iPhone models in the market including iPhone 5 as well. It’s all in one solution provider or can be said as one stop shop for all the worries an individual might be having related to unlocki...

Re: most SAS jobs? #5 635855
Greetings: I can assure you that not all SAS jobs are data step related or completely statistically driven. I started using SAS version 6.08 and did my undergraduate thesis in building a tool for presentation a la Powerpoint using SAS AF/FRAME using oop. As you might probably have guessed I spent countless days and nights reviewing and learning the manuals (I could only make use of the SAS in a very limited time frame). All my training was self taught and I believe I was one of the very few in South America who had this kind of insight back then (1994-95). I still work with SAS AF and oop i...

Top # list in Excel
I am trying to use Excel to analyze a simple list of data for a customer. Much of what is needed would be easier in a true database program, but I am stuck with the tools they already have. I need to find the most commonly repeated text and numeric values in a data list (where the customer can key in that they want the top2, top5, etc.) For example: Column A Column B Column C 1 STATE ZIP TOP # 2 MT 59718 2 3 MT 59716 4 MT 59719 5 HI 96819 6 HI 96819 7 HI 96819 8 CA 90210 9 ...

[ANN] Spreadsheet-Excel 0.3.5 released
== What is it? Spreadsheet::Excel is a port of John McNamara's Perl module "Spreadsheet::WriteExcel". It allows you to generate Microsoft Excel compatible spreadsheets (in Excel 95 format) on *any* platform. These spreadsheets are viewable with most other popular spreadsheet programs, including Gnumeric. Spreadsheet::Excel was originally written by Daniel J. Berger and is now maintained by Hannes Wyss. == How to get it? gem install spreadsheet-excel (you may have to wait a couple of hours for the mirror-fairy to come around to your neighbourhood..) == Changes: 0.3.5 - 18-Aug-20...

Java 1.5/1.6 on Sparc64 (Ultra 5) workstation
Hi all, Is there anyone that installed a Java 1.5 or 1.6 on a Ultra 5 (Sparc 64 architecture)? I really really would appreciate a lot any help. This is my uname: i# uname -a FreeBSD web 6.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE #0: Fri Jan 12 23:30:59 UTC 2007 root@s-dallas.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ GENERIC sparc64 # Thank you ...

Mysterious directory / IRIX 6.5.14
/rings is a 195 GB filesystem. In looking to free up disk space, the user found the directory /rings//1996 (see below for find). How do I cd to this directory?? The user does not know how this directory was created. inode numbers in the /rings//1996 directory do not correspond to inode numbers in one of the other 1996 directories. This makes me nervous about file system integrity. hydra 257% ls -la "/rings//1996" Cannot access /rings//1996: No such file or directory hydra 258% ls -la "/rings\/\/1996" Cannot access /rings\/\/1996: No such file or directory hydra...

[ace-users] ACE 5.4.1 on XP Pro ..
all - has anyone recently upgraded to ACE.5.4.1 on XP ? I am getting all these errors trying to build it. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks .. ACE VERSION: 5.4.1 HOST MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM: Win XP Pro TARGET MACHINE and OPERATING SYSTEM, if different from HOST: Same as host COMPILER NAME AND VERSION (AND PATCHLEVEL): Microsoft Visual C++ 7.1 .NET Framework Ver 1.1 CONTENTS OF $ACE_ROOT/ace/config.h: #include "ace/config-win32.h" AREA/CLASS/EXAMPLE AFFECTED: Build of ACE is failing DOES THE PROBLEM AFFECT: ...

Re: Help on greplay #5 642885
On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 13:52:52 -0500, Michael S. Zdeb <msz03@HEALTH.STATE.NY.US> wrote: >Hi. Here's one more contribution to putting multiple graphics on one page. >If you're creating PDF output, you might not know that you do not need >GREPLAY. You can use the STARTPAGE=NEVER option and play around with sizes >(hsize and vsize) and location (horigin and vorigin). Also, if the example >looks useful, make sure you take a take a look at either... > >http://support.sas.com/techsup/technote/ts659/ts659.html > >or... > >http://support.sas.com/techsu...

Top Bible scholar leaves Christianity
Top Bible scholar leaves Christianity This is a short interview with a renowned Bible scholar who talks about why he left Christianity. http://www.youtube.com/v/aYSDTXYmdvs?rel=0 thank you On Mar 13, 8:55=A0pm, BV BV <bv4bv4...@gmail.com> wrote: > Top Bible scholar leaves Christianity > > This is a short interview with a renowned Bible scholar who talks > about why he left Christianity. > > http://www.youtube.com/v/aYSDTXYmdvs?rel=3D0 > > thank you Religion is very important in ones life.... BUT Christianity do not have "holy war"...

hard error #5
Im trying to boot a DS10 and got stuck with Hard Error Error #5 Diagnostic Name ID Device exer_kid 0000299 dra0.0.0.15.0 Error in read of bytes at location 00002A0 from dra0.0.0.15.0 is this a scsi hardware failure? btw firmware is update to 6.9 tia, mailist wrote: > Im trying to boot a DS10 and got stuck with Hard Error Error #5 > Diagnostic Name ID Device > exer_kid 0000299 dra0.0.0.15.0 > > Error in read of bytes at location > 00002A0 from dra0.0.0.15.0 > > ...

%%% top 10 Lovely place for Lovers %%%%
%%% top 10 Lovely place for Lovers %%%% http://sites.google.com/site/hifiprofile/ http://sites.google.com/site/hifiprofile/ http://sites.google.com/site/hifiprofile/ http://sites.google.com/site/hifiprofile/ ...

RAID 1 vs RAID 5 and to the bottom of it !
Dear All, I've got a question regarding hardware RAID 1 (R1) and RAID 5 (R5) Don't consider following issues, because they are not playing in this question: a) Minimum disk setup and setting up hot spares b) Write intensive situations or sequential reads situations c) Dynamic resizing a RAID d) Same manufacturer and same lot drive issues (this count for both setups) e) Performance issue when 1 HD goes down. Look at following diagram for better understanding : RAID 1 : -------- HD1 HD2 HD3 HD4 -------------------------------------...

top
Hi, I am not familiar with top output in linux. This is multicpu machine, but it says 68.7% iddle. But cpu00 looks busy. How can I read this output better? Can you explain? 18:54:30 up 1 day, 21:22, 4 users, load average: 1.22, 1.29, 1.27 821 processes: 818 sleeping, 2 running, 1 zombie, 0 stopped CPU states: cpu user nice system irq softirq iowait idle total 17.5% 0.0% 2.5% 0.0% 0.2% 10.9% 68.7% cpu00 25.6% 0.0% 3.6% 0.0% 0.9% 24.7% 44.9% cpu01 15.4% 0.0% 1.8% 0.0% 0.0% 16.3% 66.3% cp...

Index out of bounds #5
Is there a quick and dirty way to reference a halo (i.e. [x-1,y], [x+1,y], [x,y-1], [x,y+1]) without indexing out of bounds? I'm not using a formula - just comparing random numbers. Thanks, -Ryan Ryan wrote: > Is there a quick and dirty way to reference a halo (i.e. [x-1,y], > [x+1,y], [x,y-1], [x,y+1]) without indexing out of bounds? > > I'm not using a formula - just comparing random numbers. Only real quick thought would be to clip the x,y pair before the test--not much of an effort I'd think. If there were other requirements to be met than just keeping in bo...

Re: Any predictable shift in the seed also produces a random #5 1548863
"Chung Chang Y." <chang_y_chung@hotmail.com> wrote: Hi, Jim, Actually, that is my question. Somehow I have this notion that the random number generators generate "random" sequence of numbers if called using the last generated number as the input to the function (seed), which I think the ranuni() function does behind the scene in sas. If you feed and reset the seed with a new number every time you call the generator -- as I do with ranuni call routine, then I think the generated numbers are just a function of your input and, as a result, the output may not be a rand...

siunitx #5
Hello, Mr J. Wright. Is there a technical documentation for siunitx ? A paper that explain the ideas or methods used to typeset units correctly from the rich syntax provided, and how numbers are scanned or formatted (i suppose that with so many options, there are structures to help making decisions). i also suppose that your have your own documentation at home or at the office ;-) Regards. Le 20/11/2012 22:54, GL a �crit : > Hello, Mr J. Wright. > > Is there a technical documentation for siunitx ? > A paper that explain the ideas or methods used > to typeset ...

SN#14372 Top Ten Articles for Last 3 Issues
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 86 Issue 1 2005-04-04 Article 14372 from section "News" Vol 85 Issue 3, 4 and 5 Each week, we determine which articles have been most frequently referenced by logged-in subscribers to provide you with the most popular articles of the current and last volumes. The top articles for the three most recent issues were: - 85.5: 'Why?' Is Not a Four-letter Word at Sun Labs - 85.4: UNIX[R] Market Survey Shows Consolidation Trend - 85.3: Sun Selected to Implement World's Larg...

test #5 312354
test ...

FAQ 5.25 How do I set a file's timestamp in perl? #3
This message is one of several periodic postings to comp.lang.perl.misc intended to make it easier for perl programmers to find answers to common questions. The core of this message represents an excerpt from the documentation provided with Perl. -------------------------------------------------------------------- 5.25: How do I set a file's timestamp in perl? You use the utime() function documented in "utime" in perlfunc. By way of example, here's a little program that copies the read and write times from its first argument to all the rest of them. if...

Canon i960 flashing 5 times
My trusty i960 of 3 years stopped working the other day, shortlyafter I replaced some cartridges. It's giving me the 5 blink amber alert, which is print head problems. I removed and reseated the print head a dozen times; cleaned it several times. I've managed to print one page (looked great... cleanest the printer has ever been). But the light has come back. I presume that the print head is damaged, although it shows no signs of it. I'm currently shopping around for a replacement, seeing that the cost of a new print head is so high (people asking $60 on Ebay for used ...