Top 5 world PC makers

Where, oh where, is Apple?

http://chattahbox.com/technology/2008/07/21/apple-increases-pc-market-share-ranks-third-behind-dell-hp/

Overall, the top 5 PC makers in the world are HP (18.1%), Dell (15.6%), Acer
(9.4%), Lenovo (7.8%), and Toshiba (4.4%).

0
DanTash (9)
12/3/2008 12:01:39 AM
comp.sys.mac.advocacy 33928 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Dec 2, 6:01=A0pm, "Daddy Warbuck" <DanT...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Where, oh where, is Apple?
>
> http://chattahbox.com/technology/2008/07/21/apple-increases-pc-market...
>
> Overall, the top 5 PC makers in the world are HP (18.1%), Dell (15.6%), A=
cer
> (9.4%), Lenovo (7.8%), and Toshiba (4.4%).

LOL! Read the article you posted yourself:
Apple Increases PC Market Share, Ranks Third Behind Dell, HP
Boston (ChattahBox) - Apple has managed to gain some serious market
share as they now rank third in the U.S. PC market, behind only Dell
and HP.
The figures were released for the second quarter of this year by the
research firm Gartner Research, showing that Apple now has an 8.5%
market share in the U.S.

0
mhhughes (2)

It's the apocalypse: the Mac is in the top 5 world wide!
At least for the trolls and fan boys, it's an apocalypse: 'Vendor Highlights .... Apple moved into the number 5 position on a worldwide basis, slightly overtaking ASUS. The company's steady growth, along with recent price cuts and improved demand in mature markets, has helped it to consistently outgrow the market.' That's 6.3% market share, T&FB. <http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20141008006509/en/Global-PC-Shipments-Exceed-Forecast-Mild-Improvement> And it only gets worse for our bigoted North American T&FBs: 'Top 5 Vend...

Salling Clicker made into PC World top 100 (along with some other mac only stuff)
Hi, I thought a small shareware program making its way into a list which giants like Adobe, Google exist is a good thing. Here is Jonas Salling's blog entry along with links : http://www.salling.com/blog/archives/10 "Salling Clicker 3.0 made PCWorld.com�s Top 100! PCWorld.com digs Salling Clicker 3. We�re in good company, too! Some of the other cool products awarded are Intel Core Duo, Newsgator FeedDemon, Google Earth, and Xbox 360. Many thanks to the kind folks at PCWorld.com! ...

More real Mac advocacy (who wudda thought)-PC Mag review of 10.5.2
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2207543,00.asp Enjoy... -- Dave Fritzinger Honolulu, HI In article <4b548042-d4fb-450e-9c27-5e1057ed9064@i7g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, Dave Fritzinger <dfritzin@hotmail.com> wrote: > http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2207543,00.asp > > Enjoy... > -- > Dave Fritzinger > Honolulu, HI I like how it starts. Now, remember: this is *PC* Magazine's opinion: "After three months with Apple's Mac OS X Leopard Version 10.5, I have three main things to say about it. First: Despite minor problems, it's by far the best operating system ever written for the vast majority of consumers, with dozens of new features that have real practical value�like truly automated backups, document and spreadsheet preview images in folders, and notes and to-do lists integrated into the mail program. Propeller-heads with IT know-how will no doubt hold up Linux as the better choice, and Vista has its devotees as well (and will probably have more when SP1 is widely available), but, for the average user, Leopard is the most polished and easiest to use OS I've tested." -- Alan Baker Vancouver, British Columbia "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall to that wall, you'll still only get the full stereophonic effect if you sit in the bottom of that cupboard." In article <4b548042-d4fb-450e-9c27-5e1057ed9064@i7g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, Dave Fritzin...

new 2007/01/18 Autodesk.Maya.Unlimited.v8.5.OSX, other Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2007/January/18, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFor
new 2007/01/18 Autodesk.Maya.Unlimited.v8.5.OSX, other Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2007/January/18, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' -------------------------------------------------------- DFT Super Bundle for Apple Final Cut Pro, 4 CDs The DFT Super Bundle includes full versions of: 55mm, Digital Film Lab, Composite Suite, and zMatte. DFT Filter Bundle for Apple Final Cut Pro, 1 CD The DFT Filter Bundle includes full versions of...

Export from LW 8.5/9 (PC) to 7.5 (MAC) problem
Occasionally, I get requests for models and 3d pics from a video guy who is working with LW 7.5 on a Mac. I, on the other hand, am working in 8.5 and 9 on PC. However, he cannot open the object and scene files I have sent to him since I got my copies of LW, not even the export to LW 5 works apparently. Is the problem on my end or his? I'm not entirely sure what he's doing on his end; I have tried talking him through it and he still insists it doesn't work. Anyone else have this problem? -Alison Hi allison, i think he just needs to manually add the extension of the file...

sys.mac.advocacy
Hi, If you want to enter in a family website open up: http://www.familypk.com/ Its an entertainment website. Thanks ...

Networking Mac to PC & Pc to Mac
Hello, I would like to access my PC from my Mac & my Mac & a HP Printer from my PC. My Mac is running Tiger & the PC XP Pro. I have a router (or a hub) between the 2 machines & I would like to know how to have each one recognize (& communicate) with the other. Going through the internet is *not* an option. If more info is needed, please don't hesitate to ask; I've been struggling with this for 3 days now. Thanks, Bloop In article <r6frf.88639$WH.83544@dukeread01>, Coxy <srukin@cox.net> wrote: > Hello, > > I would like to access my PC...

Video Conferencing Mac running iChat / PC running AOL IM 5.5
Hello friends. I'm trying to initiate video communications between a win 2000 laptop using the AOL IM client and a MAC OS/10 using the iChat client. The Mac user has an IM account, which I can communicate with using text. Can anyone provide any insight into creating a video conference between these two machines? All I could interpret from the Max side was that my screen name did not have a lit camera next to it, and thus he was unable to send any pictures in my direcion. On my end, AOM was unable to initiate a direct connection with the user; and the VideoIM Add-In reported that the u...

QE 5.0 for PC: Have to log in as admin to print in colour Quark Express 5.0 for PC: Have to log in as admin to print in Quark Express 5.0 for PC: Have to log in as admin to print in colour
Using QE Passport on Win XP. When trying to print from a non admin user, the colour alternatives are greyed out and therefore not possible to choose. But, when logging in as admin I can print all colours. Any Suggestions why? Christian ...

SLOW copying From Mac to PC, Fast from PC to Mac?
Mac is an older slot load G3 running Mac OS 10.3. PC is running Windows 2003 Server as part of a Workgroup (no domain controller). I have files shared on the PC. When I copy them from the PC to the Mac it takes 3 minutes or so. When I copy the same files from the Mac to the PC it takes over an hour. Can anyone explain why this could be happening? Thanks! In article <nOCFd.68950$6l.57450@pd7tw2no>, "Noozer" <dontspam@me.here> wrote: > Mac is an older slot load G3 running Mac OS 10.3. PC is running Windows 2003 > Server as part of a Workgroup (no domain contro...

Intel + Mac = PC? Does AMD + PC != PC?
I see this has popped up occasionally and I just wanted to get a clear view of what people were talking about when they were suggesting Macs are no longer Macs. It seems a great deal of this is a result of Apple's switch to intel processors. Is that the only thing that people are basing this statement on? Is it the fact that with Apple's Bootcamp software you can duel boot to XP? If either of those are the case, what about the following: PCs don't necessarily all have intel processors. If a PC is built around an AMD processor, does it cease to be a PC? A PC doesn't...

It's a Mac, Mac, Mac World
I wonder how the Windows users would like my (ab)normal Microsoft-free world: My business: all Mac, no PCs. My dentist, family physician and urologist are all Mac. No PCs. Went to Sir Speedy today for more bus. cards and some binding: all Mac (no surprise there). My daughter's three new college room mates have emailed her. Two have PowerBooks and one has an eMac. (She has a G5 iMac.) I never even see a PC unless I am at the public library or a store using a Windows POS unit. It never was intentional. I don't scout a place to see what frickin' computer they use. Jus...

PC World: Made with Macs!
"...PC World is produced on Macs." -- PC World Senior Editor Rebecca Freed, Friday, January 30, 2004 <http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,114464,00.asp>. Davoud -- usenet *at* davidillig dawt com Davoud <star@sky.net> writes: >"...PC World is produced on Macs." -- PC World Senior Editor Rebecca >Freed, Friday, January 30, 2004 ><http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,114464,00.asp>. *laughs and laughs* Does anyone remember how the old Mac ads used to have a bit in the small print blurb that said something to the effect of, "Th...

InDesign: Mac vs PC (was Quark: Mac vs PC)
As I've pointed out to the employee who uses Quark on a Mac at the nonprofit, it's possible that she doesn't use enough of the features of Quark to test its limitations, whether Mac or PC. What about InDesign? If she's not using the wide range of features, including those which make it superior to Quark, does it matter on which platform she uses it? Is it any more difficult to learn than Quark? -- Bob Ball If you want to think positive thoughts, surround yourself with positive people. If you want to email me, eliminate the negative. ...

Sharing/Accessing Mac-PC & PC-.Mac (Networking)
Hello group, I have a G3 Mac running Tiger, I would like to share it with a PC running XP as well as share the XP with the Mac. This would include sharing an HP printer hooked up to the Mac. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

Sharing/Accessing Mac-PC & PC-.Mac (networking)
Hello group, I have a G3 Mac running Tiger, I would like to share it with a PC running XP as well as share the XP with the Mac. This would include sharing an HP printer hooked up to the Mac. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. Hello group, I have a G3 Mac running Tiger, I would like to share it with a PC running XP as well as share the XP with the Mac. This would include sharing an HP printer hooked up to the Mac. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. Coxy <srukin@cox.net> writes: >Hello group, > >I have a G3 Mac running Tiger, I would like to shar...

Bryce 5.5 and Mac 10.5 on intel
I am a long time bryce user and am getting a intel mac mini with mac 10.5 installed on it and I do a lot of 3d modelling in Br?yce, and I plan to download bryce 5.5 off the net. would bryce 5.5 work on a intel based mac 10.5 on a mac mini? Thanks in advance. William Walker In article <YCJKj.7312$n8.305@news-server.bigpond.net.au>, "William Walker" <ww1971@bigpond.com> wrote: > I am a long time bryce user and am getting a intel mac mini with mac 10.5 > installed on it and I do a lot of 3d modelling in Br?yce, and I plan to > download bryce 5.5 off the...

top 5 games + PC website
I've ordered new parts for my PC and after spending years in the doldrums of PC gaming, I'm finally going to witness new releases on my machine. The problem is I'm so out of touch, I have no idea what the latest and best games are. So, what are the best games at the moment? Also any decent PC gaming websites to recommend? I've tried www.gamespot.com and IGN but both are so laden with ads its a hassle to browse them. Thank you On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 22:46:08 +0100, OVS <aqpnSPremoveAM83@dsl.pipex.com> wrote: >So, what are the best games at the moment? My brief list...

Virtual PC 5 for Mac updaters
I've had to re-install Virtual PC 5.0; so far, so good. I've still (miraculously) got my bit of paper with the serial number on. However, I couldn't find any backed-up copies of the intermediate updaters (i.e., to update 5.0 to 5.04). All the web links from www.connectix.com forward to Microsoft, and Microsoft doesn't list any updaters (or I couldn't find any) for this product. Google did not help. Anyone know of anywhere to download this? In article <bnp3ni$rsv$1@mozo.cc.purdue.edu>, <name_withheld@mac.com> wrote: > I've had to re-install Virtual...

PC World top 50 gadgets
Yo! The papa PC World has ranked tha bling n tha Commodore 64 is in tha charts at No 27. http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,123950,pg,7,00.asp Top rank'n is tha Atari (7) n TRS-80 (25) Them Sinclair dudes scraped in at No 47. Dear bliss us, each n every one! -- Brotha G. ...

Clean your PC with top 5 tools
No matter how meticulous you are in limiting the number of fre downloads you install on your PC or laptop, your computer will stil get jam-packed with junk that restricts performance, clogs up your har disk, and makes system crashes more likely. Some of the useless programs came with your PC, but much of it ha accumulated over time, as a result of installing and uninstallin programs, creating and saving files, and even simply surfing the web. But things don't have to be that way: Downloadable software can clea up your PC and give it a new lease on life. We've put together 20 file that will do the job - your PC will thank you for it. GENERAL CLEANING TOOLS We'll start with some broader or wider-ranging utilities; there's som overlap in what they do, but half the fun is trying them out. PC Decrapifier You buy a shiny, brand-new PC. You expect it to be clean, lean, an mean. Wrong! Buy any new PC, and you'll find it full of 'craplets' software installed for no reason other than that the PC maker gets pai to put it there. These craplets slow down your PC startup and it general operation. The free PC Decrapifier removes dozens of craplets automatically. Usin this program is exceedingly simple. Just run it, and it does its remova work automatically. Don't expect it to completely clean your PC, becaus it removes only a specific set of craplets and trialware programs namely, those that are specifically put on new PCs, such as QuickBook Trial, Wi...

Worlds Top 5 Cell Phones!!!
http://reviews.cnet.com/4370-6454_7-81-101.html?tag=slide_1 Hmmmmmm. I wonder why Apples phone didn't make the list? MuahMan wrote: > http://reviews.cnet.com/4370-6454_7-81-101.html?tag=slide_1 > > > > Hmmmmmm. I wonder why Apples phone didn't make the list? No you don't, even you, if you wondered about it for a while, the answer is so blindingly obvious, even you would get it. On 2007-08-18 17:48:50 -0700, nospamatall <nospamatall@iol.ie> said: >> Hmmmmmm. I wonder why Apples phone didn't make the list? > > No you don't, even yo...

PC WORLD: Apple tops in reliability
They "smoked the competition"... <http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/news/2010/11/30/pcworld-ranks-apple-tops -in-reliability.html?ana=yfcpc> In article <C91A7E9A.43B61%ghost_topper@hotmail.com>, George Kerby <ghost_topper@hotmail.com> wrote: > They "smoked the competition"... > > <http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/news/2010/11/30/pcworld-ranks-apple-tops > -in-reliability.html?ana=yfcpc> Damn... You beat me to it. :-) -- Alan Baker Vancouver, British Columbia <http://gallery.me.com/alangbaker/100008/D...

PC World likes the Mini Mac
http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,119387,00.asp PC world 1 Slade 0 -- Regards, JP "The measure of a man is what he will do while expecting that he will get nothing in return!" "Jim Polaski" <jpolaski@NOSPMync.net> wrote in post jpolaski-7FFD7D.00234022012005@comcast.dca.giganews.com on 1/21/05 11:23 PM: > http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,119387,00.asp > > PC world 1 > > Slade 0 Narny Narny! I posted a link to it already! :) -- "If a million people believe a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing." - A...

Web resources about - Top 5 world PC makers - comp.sys.mac.advocacy

Maker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

CONFIRMED: Facebook Developer Zynga Acquires Omgpop, Maker Of Draw Something
Zynga confirmed in a press release today that it has acquired Omgpop, maker of Draw Something.

Elevation Lab - Makers of ElevationDock, best made dock for iPhone
ElevationDock - Machined from solid aluminum, easier undocking, gorgeous finishes, made at a whole new level of quality in Portland, OR.

Studio Album #4 for Canada’s Multiplatinum Hit-makers
Hedley New Album, Storms Available November 8 Featuring the current smash single “Invincible” Pre-Order Available On iTunes October 24 (TORONTO ...

Some Top Chocolate Maker’s Facebook Pages Are Sweeter Than Others
You may not have a sweet tooth after Halloween last weekend, but lots of people still do for candy-makers on Facebook. In terms of Facebook pages, ...

Colouring craze poses headache for crayon makers
The trend also poses a fundamental strategic question: is the current boom in demand just a passing fad or is it a new sustainable trend?

Did heart drug makers withhold data from medical journal?
Blood-thinning drug Xarelto is under the microscope again as more questions are raised

Soccer's rule-makers approve in-game trials with video assistance for referees
CARDIFF, Wales (AP) — Soccer's rule-makers approve in-game trials with video assistance for referees.

Two iPhone makers report disappointing February earnings
... March 2014, with “slow sales of iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus” cited as one of the reasons. The two suppliers are smartphone lens module maker ...

Maker Studios’ Bonnie Pan Named President Of Endemol Beyond USA
Bonnie Pan , a former Maker Studios and Yahoo! Video programming executive, will head up Endemol Beyond , the company’s North American digital ...