Transferring Quadra Mac to Mac G4?

I have to transfer my Mac Quadra 840 files to my Mac G4.  My Quadra OS
was in the 7s (I can't even remember) and I am running OS X and
Classic on my G4.  Can I transfer Claris files to my Microsoft Word,
and the old Photoshop, illustrator, painter, director files into the
G4?  I sure hope so.
Thanks

In article <8898fc46.0406231014.7347097e@posting.google.com>,
 healthystealthy@yahoo.com (Healthy Stealthy ;) wrote:

> I have to transfer my Mac Quadra 840 files to my Mac G4.  My Quadra OS
> was in the 7s (I can't even remember) and I am running OS X and
> Classic on my G4.  Can I transfer Claris files to my Microsoft Word,
> and the old Photoshop, illustrator, painter, director files into the
> G4?  I sure hope so.

Word doesn't know how to read ClarisWorks files, I don't think. You can
open the files in ClarisWorks on the old system and save them in a
format Word can read, like RTF. Or, you could get a copy of AppleWorks
for OS X (although it looks like Apple isn't putting much effort into
its continued development). As far as the Adobe apps go, you shouldn't
have problems. I don't know how well Painter and Director deal with
files from very old versions.

--
"In my judgment, when the United States says there will be serious consequences,
and if there isn't serious consequences, it creates adverse consequences."
In article <8898fc46.0406231014.7347097e@posting.google.com>,
 healthystealthy@yahoo.com (Healthy Stealthy ;) wrote:

> I have to transfer my Mac Quadra 840 files to my Mac G4.  My Quadra OS
> was in the 7s (I can't even remember) and I am running OS X and
> Classic on my G4.  Can I transfer Claris files to my Microsoft Word,
> and the old Photoshop, illustrator, painter, director files into the
> G4?  I sure hope so.
> Thanks

Yes. You could even transfer the applications and run them in Classic
mode with the 68020 emulator. I run SuperPaint on my G3. :-)

The Claris word processing files you may have to save to some
intermediate format that Word can read, but if you get AppleWorks, it
should be able to open them without problems.

--
Timberwoof <me at timberwoof dot com>
http://www.timberwoof.com

Web resources about - Transferring Quadra Mac to Mac G4? - comp.sys.mac.advocacy

Morrison defends transferring asylum seekers
Scott Morrison has defended transferring 157 asylum-seekers to Nauru without the knowledge of their lawyers.

Transferring properties to my SMSF
What are the rules about transferring properties I own to my SMSF?

Alabama quarterback Phillip Ely is transferring to Toledo - al.com
... Illinois and Boston College were among the other schools he considered, according to his father. TUSCALOOSA, Alabama Phillip Ely is transferring ...

Syria: Peace talks not for transferring power
Foreign minister says government will take part in planned Geneva talks to form a "national unity government".

Transferring Information to a New BlackBerry
Q: Has anyone found a way to transfer saved emails, saved calendar entries and saved memos from older BlackBerrys, like the Bold, to the new ...

Dish Anywhere Will Soon Include Content Transferring For All iOS Devices
... Black Friday Apple Deals Announced From Best Buy, Walmart . DISH Anywhere Hopper Transfers Dish Anywhere Will Soon Include Content Transferring ...

iPad: Transferring your cellular data plan to a new iPad (3rd generation)
This article explains how to transfer an existing iPad cellular data plan to a new iPad (3rd generation).

LinkedIn app under scrutiny for transferring iOS calendar entries
Security researchers are criticizing LinkedIn's iOS app for a feature that automatically transfers iOS calendar entries to the company's servers. ...

Kim Dotcom: “I’m officially broke” after transferring remaining assets
Megaupload founder a "flight risk" before 2015 extradition hearing, NZ says.