Vista looks like it will make the current ship date

Bout time

http://news.com.com/Microsoft+sets+Vista+prices%2C+expands+testing/2100-1016_3-6112260.html?tag=nefd.top

0
tom_elam (3218)

In article <46asf2lere11186vo5drr2miiqb8l75tuf@4ax.com>,
 tom_elam@earthlink.net wrote:

> Bout time
>
> http://news.com.com/Microsoft+sets+Vista+prices%2C+expands+testing/2100-1016_3
> -6112260.html?tag=nefd.top

It's gone into RC1 stage also.    MSDN customers (me) will have it this
week.   Meanwhile I have the August CTP build 5536.

5536 is very nice, and is about to replace XP on my main desktop system
here.

Mike
0
no646 (1056)
9/6/2006 2:49:57 AM
In article <46asf2lere11186vo5drr2miiqb8l75tuf@4ax.com>,
 tom_elam@earthlink.net wrote:

> Bout time
>
> http://news.com.com/Microsoft+sets+Vista+prices%2C+expands+testing/2100-1016_3
> -6112260.html?tag=nefd.top

Why are you posting this in a Mac advocacy newsgroup? What are you, some
king of dumb-fuck?
Mojo wrote:
> In article <46asf2lere11186vo5drr2miiqb8l75tuf@4ax.com>,
>  tom_elam@earthlink.net wrote:
>
>> Bout time
>>
>> http://news.com.com/Microsoft+sets+Vista+prices%2C+expands+testing/2100-1016_3
>> -6112260.html?tag=nefd.top
>
> Why are you posting this in a Mac advocacy newsgroup?

Why didn't you ever ask Mac Advocates why they're always posting about
Vista to this group?

[snip]

--
"But SunOS was just a purchased OS.  Like Apple,
Sun purchased and [sic] OS and then developed it. No more."
On 2006-09-06 02:48:28 +0100, tom_elam@earthlink.net said:

> Bout time
>
> http://news.com.com/Microsoft+sets+Vista+prices%2C+expands+testing/2100-1016_3-6112260.html?tag=nefd.top

But

then again, perhaps it's not:

MartinWS

0
martinws (237)
9/6/2006 4:19:13 PM
In article <maCLg.9252$q63.6072@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
 Edwin <thorne25@juno.com> wrote:

> Mojo wrote:
> > In article <46asf2lere11186vo5drr2miiqb8l75tuf@4ax.com>,
> >  tom_elam@earthlink.net wrote:
> >
> >> Bout time
> >>
> >> http://news.com.com/Microsoft+sets+Vista+prices%2C+expands+testing/2100-101
> >> 6_3
> >> -6112260.html?tag=nefd.top
> >
> > Why are you posting this in a Mac advocacy newsgroup?
>
> Why didn't you ever ask Mac Advocates why they're always posting about
> Vista to this group?
>
> [snip]

Mac advocates don't give a rat's ass about Vista except that it's a
ripoff of OSX. And it's two years late.
0
iadvocate (1220)
9/6/2006 5:11:54 PM
Mike wrote:
> In article <46asf2lere11186vo5drr2miiqb8l75tuf@4ax.com>,
>  tom_elam@earthlink.net wrote:
>

>>Bout time
>>
>>http://news.com.com/Microsoft+sets+Vista+prices%2C+expands+testing/2100-1016_3
>>-6112260.html?tag=nefd.top
>

> It's gone into RC1 stage also.    MSDN customers (me) will have it this
> week.   Meanwhile I have the August CTP build 5536.
>
> 5536 is very nice, and is about to replace XP on my main desktop system
> here.

What do you make of this?

http://news.com.com/2061-11729_3-6112760.html?part=rss&tag=6112760&subj=news

Is he correct?

--
Where are we going?
And why am I in this handbasket?
 GreyCloud <mist@cumulus.com> wrote:

> Mike wrote:
> > In article <46asf2lere11186vo5drr2miiqb8l75tuf@4ax.com>,
> >  tom_elam@earthlink.net wrote:
> >

> >>Bout time
> >>
> >>http://news.com.com/Microsoft+sets+Vista+prices%2C+expands+testing/2100-1016
> >>_3
> >>-6112260.html?tag=nefd.top
> >

> > It's gone into RC1 stage also.    MSDN customers (me) will have it this
> > week.   Meanwhile I have the August CTP build 5536.
> >
> > 5536 is very nice, and is about to replace XP on my main desktop system
> > here.
>
> What do you make of this?
>
> http://news.com.com/2061-11729_3-6112760.html?part=rss&tag=6112760&subj=news
>
> Is he correct?

No, he works for a company that sells DNS and DHCP servers.   He's
trying to drum up business.   Read the whole story here

http://news.com.com/Will+Vista+stall+Net+traffic/2100-1016_3-6112338.html
?tag=nefd.lede

Besides, XP already supports IPv6 since SP2.   Doesn't OS X support
IPv6?  Linux?   If OS X had 90% market share, would we already be seeing
this "slowdown"?

DNS requests are not going to "slow down the internet".   The guy is
full of shit, and trying to sell a "solution" to the "problem".

Mike
0
no646 (1056)
9/6/2006 6:43:07 PM
Mike wrote:
> In article <fr2dnUMYqcNCj2LZnZ2dnUVZ_vWdnZ2d@bresnan.com>,
>  GreyCloud <mist@cumulus.com> wrote:
>

>>Mike wrote:

>>>It's gone into RC1 stage also.    MSDN customers (me) will have it this
>>>week.   Meanwhile I have the August CTP build 5536.
>>>
>>>5536 is very nice, and is about to replace XP on my main desktop system
>>>here.
>>
>>What do you make of this?
>>
>>http://news.com.com/2061-11729_3-6112760.html?part=rss&tag=6112760&subj=news
>>
>>Is he correct?
>

> No, he works for a company that sells DNS and DHCP servers.   He's
> trying to drum up business.   Read the whole story here
>
> http://news.com.com/Will+Vista+stall+Net+traffic/2100-1016_3-6112338.html
> ?tag=nefd.lede
>
> Besides, XP already supports IPv6 since SP2.   Doesn't OS X support
> IPv6?  Linux?   If OS X had 90% market share, would we already be seeing
> this "slowdown"?
>
> DNS requests are not going to "slow down the internet".   The guy is
> full of shit, and trying to sell a "solution" to the "problem".

I wasn't sure what he was up to and that's why I had to ask.  The net
these days is full of misinformation.  I just don't understand where he
gets the idea that the net will slog down.

--
Where are we going?
And why am I in this handbasket?
0
mist (19747)
9/6/2006 8:45:44 PM
In article <k6ednZIZT4HkrmLZnZ2dnUVZ_tSdnZ2d@bresnan.com>,
 GreyCloud <mist@cumulus.com> wrote:

> >>What do you make of this?
> >>
> >>http://news.com.com/2061-11729_3-6112760.html?part=rss&tag=6112760&subj=news
> >>
> >>Is he correct?
> >

> > No, he works for a company that sells DNS and DHCP servers.   He's
> > trying to drum up business.   Read the whole story here
> >
> > http://news.com.com/Will+Vista+stall+Net+traffic/2100-1016_3-6112338.html
> > ?tag=nefd.lede
> >
> > Besides, XP already supports IPv6 since SP2.   Doesn't OS X support
> > IPv6?  Linux?   If OS X had 90% market share, would we already be seeing
> > this "slowdown"?
> >
> > DNS requests are not going to "slow down the internet".   The guy is
> > full of shit, and trying to sell a "solution" to the "problem".
>
> I wasn't sure what he was up to and that's why I had to ask.  The net
> these days is full of misinformation.  I just don't understand where he
> gets the idea that the net will slog down.

It isn't like there's going to be this massive, overnight conversion to
Vista anyways!    It will be a slow but steady uptake.   Even if Vista
is somehow going to "double the DNS requests", it won't be a massive
increase that's going to kill the net.   Plus, virtually all machines
connected to the net *right now* already support IPv6!

Also, IPv6 can be disabled in Vista with a single click on an option box
- just like in XP today.

Therefore, I think I'll go with the "he's spreading FUD in an attempt to
drum up business" explanation!

Mike
0
no646 (1056)
9/6/2006 9:36:56 PM
Mojo wrote:
> In article <maCLg.9252$q63.6072@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
>  Edwin <thorne25@juno.com> wrote:
>
> > Mojo wrote:

> > > Why are you posting this in a Mac advocacy newsgroup?
> >
> > Why didn't you ever ask Mac Advocates why they're always posting about
> > Vista to this group?
> >
> > [snip]
>

> Mac advocates don't give a rat's ass about Vista except that it's a
> ripoff of OSX. And it's two years late.

Mac Advocates have posted a lot more about Vista here than that.

0
thorne25 (21019)
9/6/2006 10:27:34 PM
Mike wrote:

> Also, IPv6 can be disabled in Vista with a single click on an option box
> - just like in XP today.
>
> Therefore, I think I'll go with the "he's spreading FUD in an attempt to
> drum up business" explanation!
>
> Mike

What happened about the open sockets 'problem' from a while back? Did
that have a noticeable effect? I haven't heard much about that since.

I think OS X has done it better, with IPv6 off by default rather than
on. I mean how many people will know what it is, let alone to turn it
off if they aren't using it?
0
nospamatall2 (3238)
9/7/2006 12:48:33 AM
On Sep 6, 2006, Mike wrote:
> Doesn't OS X support IPv6?

Yes.

0
no-spam2 (6831)
9/7/2006 3:31:06 AM
"MartinWS" <martinws@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
> On 2006-09-06 02:48:28 +0100, tom_elam@earthlink.net said:
>
>> Bout time
>>
>> http://news.com.com/Microsoft+sets+Vista+prices%2C+expands+testing/2100-1016_3-6112260.html?tag=nefd.top
>
> But
>>
> then again, perhaps it's not:
>
> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=34198
>
> --
> --
> MartinWS

Why not read the full article, as it shows that the excerpts they choose
were taken out of context.  URL is at the bottom of the article you posted.
Better yet, try it for yourself.

Steve

0
steve13 (4870)
9/7/2006 5:07:18 AM
In article <maCLg.9252$q63.6072@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
 Edwin <thorne25@juno.com> wrote:
> Mojo wrote:
> > In article <46asf2lere11186vo5drr2miiqb8l75tuf@4ax.com>,
> >  tom_elam@earthlink.net wrote:
> >> Bout time
> >> http://news.com.com/Microsoft+sets+Vista+prices%2C+expands+testing/2100-101
> >> 6_3
> >> -6112260.html?tag=nefd.top
> > Why are you posting this in a Mac advocacy newsgroup?
> Why didn't you ever ask Mac Advocates why they're always posting about
> Vista to this group?

The answer is simple: Vista posts are funny.

--
C Lund, www.notam02.no/~clund
0
On 2006-09-07 06:07:18 +0100, "Steve de Mena" <steve@stevedemena.com> said:

> "MartinWS" <martinws@NoSpam.com> wrote in message
>> On 2006-09-06 02:48:28 +0100, tom_elam@earthlink.net said:
>>
>>> Bout time
>>>
>>> http://news.com.com/Microsoft+sets+Vista+prices%2C+expands+testing/2100-1016_3-6112260.html?tag=nefd.top

But

then

>> again, perhaps it's not:
>>
>> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=34198
>>
>> --
>> --
>> MartinWS
>
> Why not read the full article, as it shows that the excerpts they
> choose were taken out of context.  URL is at the bottom of the article
> you posted. Better yet, try it for yourself.
>
> Steve

Is accusing people of not reading the article your standard putdown?
This is the second time you've accused me of this, where I am beginning
to think your own reading ability is suspect.

I did read the full article and these quotes are not out of context.

'A number of partners and analysts who have downloaded Vista RC1 say
the code is solid but they are not convinced it will be ready for
release this fall.'

'One Microsoft analyst suggested the code is in good shape but he is
not convinced that Vista Enterprise will be ready for volume licensed
customers in November.'

"There are still major concerns about hardware and software
interoperability, including the inability to get the tablet
functionality working correctly,"
"RC1 is in the best shape of anything they have shipped for Vista, but
in the old nomenclature I would call this at best a Beta Three and not
a Release Candidate One"
If partners are saying this, will Microsoft publish and be damned what
is supposedly RC1 or will they take a bit more time to polish off the
rough edges?

Did you _also_ see my own comment 'perhaps it's not' which was simply
raising doubt in the original statement.  Perhaps you didn't.

MartinWS

0
martinws (237)
9/7/2006 8:02:35 PM
Vista is miles away from genuine release state. Of course this does not
mean that Microsoft will not release the product.

Steve

What Will The Future Look Like? WAS: Where Will The Future Look Like?
Now that is an interesting question. Consider that 20 years ago the Mac had just been launched, color monitors were the exception, and there were no networks to speak of, much less the Internet. Single process CPUs ran 16 bit code at 20-30 mhz, a megabyte was all the ram you needed, and 40 mb hard drives were state of the art technology. Modems ran at a blazing 14.4 speed, and the floppy disk was the standard for file transfer. Twenty years from now? Information will be everywhere. Books in libraries will be as obsolete as the horse and buggy. The entire accumulated knowledge of mankind ...

[News] Linux Looks Better Than Vista, New Theme Attempts to Make Vista More Like Ubuntu Linux
Go Linux - Get The Most Of Your PC Experience http://www.jjmacey.net/news/latest/learn-to-get-the-most-of-your-pc-experience.html Vibuntu - Incredible theme for Vista http://palprince.com/softwares/?p=301 ...

Make Clarion program look like a Mac
Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can make my program present more like a Mac. A client has requested this. Is there something that can be done with the visual styles, or is there a template? Eg make the drop down icon a blue background with an up and down arrow, the tabs blue and centred, the scrollbar blue with the up and down arrows at the bottom, etc? Thanks Hi Steven, Check our ksUI library http://klarisoft.com/KSNews_202.htm With this library you=D0=BA client will be able to change UI himself the wa= y he wants Leonid Chudakov chudakov@klarisoft.com ...

[News] Making Linux Look Just Like Windows Vista
http://vistalinux.googlepages.com/ Final product here: http://vistalinux.googlepages.com/NeoVista-Compiz.png And it's right here. Right now. And it's stable. But does Windows Vista have Compiz/XGL support? Or security? Or stability? Does it offer Freedom (as well as free cost)? What about privacy? As the days go by, Linux makes Vista look like a poor man's O/S. Windows is yesterday's technology and a cracker's/malware programmer's best friend. Roy Schestowitz wrote: > http://vistalinux.googlepages.com/ > > Final product here: > > http://vistalinux...

Making Mac OS X look like Windows BS, that is.
http://osxbook.com/book/bonus/chapter5/panic/ This is expressly for the Windiots here who are forced to use a Mac at work or elsewhere so they won't get to attached or lonely for their beloved Windows. ...

Vista looks like a pile of crap compared to Mac OS X
another Windows programmer totally leaves Microsoft, this is an increasing wave and it will only increase from here on out. The Microsoft era is over. a good truthful article. Good bye Microsoft; Pete has now left the building! In 1991, I installed Windows 3 on my desktop PC at work. Work at the time was indentured servitude at a construction company in my home town where they massively underpaid a na�ve but talented guy (me) a measly 4 grand a year to write Progress applications and maintain Cobol stuff on an ageing mainframe. As I recall, I had more disk space, processor and memory on the Amiga in my bedroom at the time than the mainframe had. When I installed Windows I was stunned. At last, PC's seemed capable of displaying a graphical user interface on a par with the Amiga's own Workbench. I was a young hacker who at the time used the somewhat embarrassing mantra of �Work for a living, live for Amiga�. My boss, a former accountant who happened to be in the right place at the right time when the construction company considered a mainframe, was not so impressed. I got an official warning for installing a 'game' on my work computer. I distinctly remember him bellowing at me that Windows was a �toy� and would never see the light of day in any workplace. I didn't believe him of course, and quit as soon as my indentured servitude agreement allowed and went to work for Securicor writing more Progress apps, but in Windows. I pined for the...

[News] GNU/Linux Makes Windows Vista Look Like a Joke on Sub-notebooks

[News] Making Ubuntu Linux Look Like Mac OS X and Windows XP
Changing the Ubuntu look This article will detail how to mold the Ubuntu Gnome desktop into anything you want it to be (including Windows and OS X) http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/articles/change_ubuntu_look Some interesting screenshots here: http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/articles/change_ubuntu_look?page=0%2C5 ...

[News] KDE Control Center Tour, Making Kubuntu Look and Behave Like Mac OS X
The KDE 3.5 Control Center - Part 5 - Peripherals ,----[ Quote ] | Today we'll be covering the Peripherals section of the Control | Center, an area that controls all your most important external | add on devices, such as your monitor, printer, keyboard and more. `---- http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=233 Turning my Kubuntu laptop into a Mac! ,----[ Quote ] | So far I have the menu bar at the top installed without an apple icon | for the moment and all the system icons and window treatments running | as if this OS was Tiger. Very clean and smart looking and I have to | say a lo...

[News] [Linux] Compiz-Fusion is Here, Makes Vista and Leopard Look Like Yesterday's Toys
Watch this video! Wow. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4Fbk52Mk1w Compiz-Fusion arrives ,----[ Quote ] | It is not just a new name, quitely behind the scenes developers have | been working hard and have come up with some stunning enhancements. `---- http://dev.beryl-project.org/~cyberorg/beryl/36/compiz-fusion-arrives/ [compiz] CompComm has a real name! http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/compiz/2007-June/002401.html Verily I say unto thee, that Roy Schestowitz spake thusly: > Watch this video! Wow. > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4Fbk52Mk1w The Linux Desktop is so far a...

[News] Signs That Vista 7 Will be Delayed and Suck Like Vista

[News] User Hates Looks of XP, Makes it Look Like Linux
Make Windows XP Look Like Linux ,----[ Quote ] | One thing that bothers me about Windows XP is its appearance. By default, the | interface feels very tacky. Since I most frequently use Linux, I've really | grown to like the themes and icons that are included in just about every | Linux distribution (or at least the ones with Gnome as the default desktop). `---- http://justinjacobs.com/archive.php?select=64 Here is a real case of making Linux more like Windows: http://www.jmantra.com/spyware.png It's not a joke, it's real. Related: What is Look XP ,----[ Quote ] | LXP...

What will Vista be like?
Screenshots... http://www.pcmag.com/slideshow_viewer/0,1205,l=&s=26945&a=156757&po=16,00 ..asp -- Regards, JP "The measure of a man is what he will do while expecting that he will get nothing in return!" Jim Polaski wrote: > Screenshots... > > http://www.pcmag.com/slideshow_viewer/0,1205,l=&s=26945&a=156757&po=16,00 > .asp Jeeze, Jim is so anxious to get ahold of Windows Vista, he's like a kid who's waiting for Santa pay a visit to his house. :-) In article <1122657367.308705.65250@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "Edwin...

sys.mac.advocacy
Hi, If you want to enter in a family website open up: http://www.familypk.com/ Its an entertainment website. Thanks ...

Where Will The Future Look Like?
What do you think the future of the Macintosh world will look like? What manifestation do you think the next generation Macs and Mac operating system will take? Just a little something I was pondering... On 2005-05-26 23:44:52 -0400, Justin <jclapp@clarku.edu> said: > What do you think the future of the Macintosh world will look like? > What manifestation do you think the next generation Macs and Mac > operating system will take? Just a little something I was pondering... Pardon me, the title should have been WHAT will the future look like On Thu, 26 May 2005 23:44:52 ...

I'm Looking for code that will populate a database with 500,000 junk docs to test dblookup speed? Any Idea what the code might look Like TIA
I'm Looking for code that will populate a database with 500,000 junk docs to test dblookup speed? Any Idea what the code might look Like TIA ...

when will laptops be shipped with vista?
i'm looking to buy a new laptop but i don't want to get everything set up and then have to reinstall OS when vista comes out. anyone know when laptops will be shipped with the new OS? TIA david Presumably beginning on January 30th, but there will still be "old" inventory in the channels as well that will still have XP (although if you buy before March 15th, you should be eligible for a free upgrade to Vista. Under some circumstances, it's possible to get a machine with Vista on it today, but it has to be part of a volume purchase (at least 5 computers) with certai...

I'm Looking for code that will populate a database with 500,000 junk docs to test dblookup speed? Any Idea what the code might look Like TIA
I'm Looking for code that will populate a database with 500,000 junk docs to test dblookup speed? Any Idea what the code might look Like TIA Off the top of my head with no testing: Create an agent. Run from Actions Menu. Sub Initialize Dim ns As New NotesSession Dim dbCurrent As NotesDatabase Dim docJunk As NotesDocument Dim SomeValue As Variant Dim x As Long Set dbCurrent = ns.CurrentDatabase For x = 1 To 500000 Set docJunk = dbCurrent.CreateDocument ' Set some fields on the document before saving it. Call docJunk.Replac...

when will laptops be shipped with vista?
i'm looking to buy a new laptop but i don't want to get everything set up and then have to reinstall OS when vista comes out. anyone know when laptops will be shipped with the new OS? TIA david "david" <davidd@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:nfpcq2d5haf23cm4tlmi1ltok3i1b9iic7@4ax.com... > i'm looking to buy a new laptop but i don't want to get everything set > up and then have to reinstall OS when vista comes out. anyone know > when laptops will be shipped with the new OS? TIA > > david On or about 30 January. Honu ...

Date, date date date....
Date is driving me crazy. I simply need to calculate the age of a person: this is what doesn't work: public int getAge(Person person) { long d = new java.util.Date().getTime(); long m =person.dateOfBirth().getTime(); long l=d-m; SimpleDateFormat formatter = new SimpleDateFormat("yy"); return (new Integer(formatter.format(age))).intValue(); } I'm getting 91 for a person who's born in 1983 Since getYear() is depreciated I don't like to use that I found that Calender could do the job, but how do I cast Date into Calender in an easy way? hin...

I'm Looking for code that will populate a database with 500,000 junk docs to test dblookup speed? Any Idea what the code might look Like TIA
I'm Looking for code that will populate a database with 500,000 junk docs to test dblookup speed? Any Idea what the code might look Like TIA <-=meak=-@ammy.com.invalid> wrote in message news:BBtmb.41799$h47.2252@bignews4.bellsouth.net... > I'm Looking for code that will populate a database with 500,000 junk docs to test dblookup speed? Any Idea what the code might look Like TIA > > How far did you get ? Post up your own attempt to do this and then we will point out where you are going wrong. I will give you a starter :- Write an agent in script ...

You can buy a diamond ring that looks like it would have a real stone in it for not much more than $30! Additionally, gold-plated necklaces and silver-plated necklaces will have the look of real gol
You can buy a diamond ring that looks like it would have a real stone in it for not much more than $30! Additionally, gold-plated necklaces and silver-plated necklaces will have the look of real gold and sterling silver necklaces! Needless to say, there are a whole bunch of different options when searching for fashion jewellery that you most likely will not have trouble finding something that you like! http://www.dojewelry.net These are the latest items we have brought back from the jewelry shows. This is an eclectic mix of high-end unique items and our standard fare Stainless Steel jewelry. http://www.dojewelry.net/New_Jewelry.html Huge selection of Stainless Steel Popular Pendants in Various designs are available at dojewelry.net. Please click the image to see more details. All of our stainless steel jewellry reflect the latest trends in the fashion industry, no matter what specific style you=92re looking to sell, we=92re confident you=92ll find the perfect trendy fashion jewelry to put in your store. http://www.dojewelry.net/Stainless_Steel_Popular_Pendants.htm Where do females wear this type of jewellery, though? Many women choose to wear fashion jewellery at various places that they go and some individuals choose to have a piece of fashion jewellery on whenever they step out their front door! But some popular events and places that women go to where they love to put on these types of fashion accessories include hip-hop clubs, dates, parties, as well as family events, hol...

Making KDE look like Gnome
Hi; I am interested in making KDE look like Gnome. Can anyone mention specific icon sites and specific themes by name? Steve On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 19:01:09 -0800, Steve wrote: > Hi; > > I am interested in making KDE look like Gnome. > > Can anyone mention specific icon sites and specific themes by name? > > Steve Install Red Hat 9 ;-) Sorry. I know this is of no help at all, but I couldn't help it. Best of luck to you. Have you checked out http://www.kde-look.org ? Don't know if they have what you're looking for but it might be worth a look. David ...

making latex look in the current directory
I haven't been at latex very long: take a look at this: It took me a while to figure it out, but whenever I use latex *filename* from the command line, it doesn't look in the current directory. (I'm using the version of (la)tex that you get from "fink install tetex" on os X, if it makes any difference.) So, naturally I try latex ./hw5.tex That works, until latex tells me, ! I can't find file `hw5.aux'. .... Please type another input file name. Then I type in "./hw5.aux" and finally it works. Is there a way to get latex to know to look in the c...

Web resources about - Vista looks like it will make the current ship date - comp.sys.mac.advocacy

Ocean current - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An ocean current is a continuous, directed movement of ocean water generated by the forces acting upon this mean flow , such as breaking waves ...

Governments not economic factors to blame for current budget woes, says Parliamentary Budget Office
Policy decisions by government, stretching back to the Howard government in 2002-03, have been more responsible for driving federal spending ...

Croatian rapists: A Current Affair confronts Waleed Latif about Croatian rape with Dylan Djohan and Ashwin ...
WALEED Latif went on a date like any regular guy. He took a woman to the movies to see the new Zoolander film, and even asked if she wanted a ...

Warnie's I'm A Celebrity beaten in television ratings by current affairs
It seems Australians would much rather keep up with its news and current affairs than watch Warnie and his camp mates get attacked by snakes ...

David Murray says current super system not helping low-income earners
The government's key adviser on financial system reform, David Murray, has conceded that letting low-income earners opt out of compulsory superannuation ...

Google Maps users can now add a stop along their current route
... and MLB.com at Bat update brings a number of new features for iPad users . Google Maps Google Maps users can now add a stop along their current ...

Payroll data leaked for current, former Snapchat employees
In a blog post on Sunday, Snapchat executives revealed that the payroll data of some current and former employees was exposed as the result of ...

Who are the winners and losers in the current IoT market?
The Internet of Things, more commonly called simply the IoT, is coming into its own, with an ever-growing array of products and manufacturers. ...

Current Links
**Most-Recent Must-Reads:** * **Tim Worstall**: [Brookings Is Wrong On The Productivity Slowdown](http://equitablegrowth.org/must-read-tim-worstall/) ...

5 Ways To Keep Your Brand Current
One of the hardest judgment calls for brand managers is currency. Brands must change to stay consistent yet they must also remain recognizable ...