W7 share peaks at over 8% on Christmas Day

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Must have been a lot new Windows laptops under the trees, and netbooks
in the stockings!

The share peak was up another 1% point in a week.

http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?sample=4&qprid=86&qpdt=1&qpct=4&qpcustom=Windows%207&qptimeframe=H&qpsp=96165&qpnp=150
0
Reply Tommy 12/27/2009 3:30:27 AM

See related articles to this posting

On 12/26/09 10:30 PM, Tommy the Troll wrote:
> Must have been a lot new Windows laptops under the trees, and netbooks
> in the stockings!
>
> The share peak was up another 1% point in a week.
>
> http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?sample=4&qprid=86&qpdt=1&qpct=4&qpcustom=Windows%207&qptimeframe=H&qpsp=96165&qpnp=150

While Apple jumped 20%  OMG!
This is simply the beginning of the end for Microsoft.  You can't argue
with fact.  Consumers want choices and security.   Microsoft offer's
neither.
It should be interesting, when I'm old and gray - circa 2080 - I'll be
102 and I'll tell them where I was when Microsoft asked for government
assistance.  :)

We live in interesting times.
0
Reply Justin 12/27/2009 6:00:27 AM

"Justin" <justin@nobecauseihatespam.com> wrote in message
> On 12/26/09 10:30 PM, Tommy the Troll wrote:
>> Must have been a lot new Windows laptops under the trees, and netbooks
>> in the stockings!
>>
>> The share peak was up another 1% point in a week.
>>
>> http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?sample=4&qprid=86&qpdt=1&qpct=4&qpcustom=Windows%207&qptimeframe=H&qpsp=96165&qpnp=150
>
> While Apple jumped 20%  OMG

WOW!!!! 20% of 3% -.  BWAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

0
Reply Maurice 12/27/2009 2:11:07 PM

On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 01:00:27 -0500, Justin
<justin@nobecauseihatespam.com> wrote:

>On 12/26/09 10:30 PM, Tommy the Troll wrote:
>> Must have been a lot new Windows laptops under the trees, and netbooks
>> in the stockings!
>>
>> The share peak was up another 1% point in a week.
>>
>> http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?sample=4&qprid=86&qpdt=1&qpct=4&qpcustom=Windows%207&qptimeframe=H&qpsp=96165&qpnp=150
>
>While Apple jumped 20%  OMG!
>This is simply the beginning of the end for Microsoft.  You can't argue
>with fact.  Consumers want choices and security.   Microsoft offer's
>neither.
>It should be interesting, when I'm old and gray - circa 2080 - I'll be
>102 and I'll tell them where I was when Microsoft asked for government
>assistance.  :)
>
>We live in interesting times.

I'm using real world data, 20% is an estimate.  We will see where the
actuals come in for Apple.

Anyway, W7 has gone from 2% at the end of October to 8% at the end of
December.  That's a 300% increase.   In perspective, the 2 month Net
App share increase for W7 is more than the total share for Apple.
0
Reply Tommy 12/27/2009 6:05:34 PM

On 12/27/09 9:11 AM, Maurice wrote:
> "Justin"<justin@nobecauseihatespam.com>  wrote in message
>> On 12/26/09 10:30 PM, Tommy the Troll wrote:
>>> Must have been a lot new Windows laptops under the trees, and netbooks
>>> in the stockings!
>>>
>>> The share peak was up another 1% point in a week.
>>>
>>> http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?sample=4&qprid=86&qpdt=1&qpct=4&qpcustom=Windows%207&qptimeframe=H&qpsp=96165&qpnp=150
>>
>> While Apple jumped 20%  OMG
>
> WOW!!!! 20% of 3% -.  BWAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Toyota had less than 3% market share in North America in the 1960's.
BWAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

No, wait that is not the way of the Lord.

--
http://www.vatican.org
0

"Father Justin" <justin@nobecauseihatespam.com> wrote in message
> On 12/27/09 9:11 AM, Maurice wrote:
>> "Justin"<justin@nobecauseihatespam.com>  wrote in message

>>> While Apple jumped 20%  OMG
>>
>> WOW!!!! 20% of 3% -.  BWAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
>>

> Toyota had less than 3% market share in North America in the 1960's.
> BWAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
>
> No, wait that is not the way of the Lord.

Seeking refuge in the past.  Must be comforting to you.

0
Reply Maurice 12/28/2009 2:03:25 PM
comp.sys.mac.advocacy 32439 articles. 1 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

W7 share peaks at over 5% over the weekend
That's right Maccies, W7 is soon going to eclipse total Mac share in the Net Applications data set. http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?sample=4&qprid=86&qpdt=1&qpct=4&qpcustom=Windows%207&qptimeframe=H&qpsp=95345&qpnp=160# I played around with the URL to get it to show as much recent data as possible. The link may not work for you, but you can retrieve a copy from this link: http://farmecon.com/Documents/Hourly%20market%20share%20for%20W7.pdf It is interesting how the share cycles over the weekend when people are home, the declines as t...

Weekend W7 NetApps share peaks at over 7%
http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?sample=4&qprid=86&qpdt=1&qpct=4&qpcustom=Windows%207&qptimeframe=H&qpsp=96035&qpnp=150 W7 adoption is ON FIRE. Up 2 pct. points in about 3 weeks. That would be something on the order of 10-20 million new W7 machines on the net, or maybe about 1 million per day. Tom On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 13:48:08 -0800, Tommy the Troll wrote (in article <33rvi5l0m8i9dvv29ggb5d5c9sjq1krfqq@4ax.com>): > http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?sample=4&qprid=86&qpdt=1&qpct=4&qp > custom=Window...

W7 Net Apps Share peaks at over 20%
At 7pm EDT on 8/21 http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?sample=4&qprid=86&qpdt=1&qpct=4&qpcustom=Windows%207&qptimeframe=H&qpsp=101900&qpnp=168# and for the Maccies who lack a real newsreader http://tiny.cc/ireyk that is about 4x Mac OS (all versions) and 28.6x the iPhone share. Prediction: August Net Apps shares will show another gain for Windows and loss for Mac. ========================================== "The iPad OS, like the iPhone and iPod Touch OS before it, doesn't have a FILE SYSTEM." So sez the wise and powerfu...

W7 share peaks at 9% on Jan 3
That's right, still increasing about 1 percentage point a week. In less than 2 months W7 share will be more than double Mac OS of all versions. It's a hit! A Home Run in fact. http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?sample=4&qprid=86&qpdt=1&qpct=4&qpcustom=Windows%207&qptimeframe=H&qpsp=96365&qpnp=168 In article <jdt4k5dqqv70s3kllrmohcogp0bn0lfonv@4ax.com>, Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote: > That's right, still increasing about 1 percentage point a week. In > less than 2 months W7 share will be mor...

W7 Net Apps Share peaks at over 20%
At 7pm EDT on 8/21 http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?sample=4&qprid=86&qpdt=1&qpct=4&qpcustom=Windows%207&qptimeframe=H&qpsp=101900&qpnp=168# and for the Maccies who lack a real newsreader http://tiny.cc/ireyk that is about 4x Mac OS (all versions) and 28.6x the iPhone share. Prediction: August Net Apps shares will show another gain for Windows and loss for Mac. ========================================== "The iPad OS, like the iPhone and iPod Touch OS before it, doesn't have a FILE SYSTEM." So sez the wise and powerfu...

One day to Christmas! Well... one day to the Christmas L-OSUG meeting! [19/12 18:00]
All, (sorry all the non UK readers ...) <* * * * * * * * * * * * * * Last reminder* * * * * * * * * * * * * * > Some really good stuff is coming up .... the evening will include: - "Deeper with DTrace" by Jonathan Haslam aided by Adam Leventhal - "ZFS .... the last filesystem?" by Tim Graves - Lightning talks: 5 minutes per person (anyone, about anything OS related) - OpenDiscussion(tm?)... Anything you want to ask/debate/question ? (.... we will continue this discussion on a nearby PUB afterwards) The place will be as last time: Sun Customer Briefing ...

Re: OT: Veterans Day or Armistice Day #8
Steve writes: > This is so much bullshit I can't resist. From the Associated Press, today's "bullshit": ======================================== washingtonpost.com U.S. to Probe Shooting of Wounded Iraqi By STEVEN R. HURST The Associated Press Tuesday, November 16, 2004; 3:25 AM NEW YORK - The U.S. military is investigating the videotaped fatal shooting of a wounded and apparently unarmed Iraqi prisoner by a U.S. Marine in a mosque in the former insurgent stronghold of Fallujah, a Marine spokesman said. The dramatic footage was taken Saturd...

Differences between hard disks rated 24 hours/day vs 8 hours/day?
How do drives with estimated 5-year lifespans differ when they're rated for= 24 hours of operation per day vs. 8, other than in warranty and price and = maybe the ability to synchronize in RAID? Are any components better in the= drives with the 24 hours/day ratings? On 09/28/12 06:40 pm, larrymoencurly@my-deja.com wrote: > How do drives with estimated 5-year lifespans differ when they're rated for 24 hours of operation per day vs. 8, other than in warranty and price and maybe the ability to synchronize in RAID? Are any components better in the drives with the 24 hour...

We have 8.5 on 30-day evaluation, but we also need fpga (8.5). Where can we dow
We are currently checking out Labview 8.5 on a thirty-day trial.&nbsp; However, our area of interest is FPGA.&nbsp; Is it possible to download a thirty-day trial version of FPGA 8.5 which we might evaluate together with our present LV8.5?Cheers,Ken duplicate post Mathan was faster to point this duplication...Have you asked your local NI representative?Message Edited by GerdW on 05-08-2008 11:16 AM ...

TIFF 3.8.2 for OpenVMS Alpha 8.2
This is TIFF 3.8.2 built using GNV and set up for use with GNV based builds. It was built using the same configure and generated makefiles that other platforms use. This build includes HTML documentation as well as utilities that can be run from the bash shell. A TIFF_STARTUP.COM file is put in the [VMS$COMMON.SYS$STARTUP] directory of the installation disk. This file installs the shared images and sets up logical names for the TIFF library to work. This must be installed on an ODS-5 volume, as it will create files with multiple dots in their name. After installation, the HTML docu...

tcl 8.3.5 test fails on SunOS 5.8 with --disable-shared --enable-gcc
Hello, Any ideas on why these tests fails. Thanks in advance ... $ uname -a SunOS atlas 5.8 Generic_108528-07 sun4u sparc ==== clock-9.1 %s gmt testing FAILED ==== Contents of test case: # We need PST to guarantee the difference value below. set s 100000 set a [clock format $s -format %s -gmt 0] set b [clock format $s -format %s -gmt 1] # This should be the offset in seconds between current locale and GMT. # This didn't seem to be correctly on Windows until the fix for # Bug #559376, which fiddled with env(TZ) when -gmt 1 was used. # It's hard-coded...

Happy =?UTF-8?Q?Crist=C3=B3bal?= =?UTF-8?Q?_Col=C3=B3n?= Day!
Although he wasn't a very nice man in some ways. -- Gilbert's Discovery: Any attempt to use the new super glues results in the two pieces sticking to your thumb and index finger rather than to each other. Chris Ahlstrom wrote: >Although he wasn't a very nice man in some ways. The Colon Zealot must be celebrating! -- "And only a moron would use Reiser now that its creator is locked up. Look at the issues with ext4 and those guys didn't murder their wives." - "True Linux advocate" Hadron Quark On 10/14/13 8:30 AM, in article l3h2...

8 Days Left for Early Registration to L.A. SAS=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=AE?= Users Day
Save The Date! The new Los Angeles Basin SAS Users Group Cordially invites you to attend L.A. SAS� Users Day Presentations -SAS's ODS Technology for Today's Decision Makers, Sunil Gupta, Gupta Programming. -An Overview of SAS in Applications Development: SAS/AF, AppDevStudio and Beyond. Deborah Testa, Seven of Nine Systems. -Walking the Intelligence Value Chain with SAS Foundation Technologies. Cheryl Doninger, SAS -PROC MIGRATE: How to Migrate Your Data and Know You've Done It Right! Diane Olson, SAS August 14, 2003, 10:00 am to 6:00 pm Mount St. Mary�s College, ...

=?UTF-8?B?SXTigJlz?= The End Of Days For Windows XP =?UTF-8?B?4oCT?= Microsoft Will Send Pop-up Reminders
"It=E2=80=99s the end of the line for Windows XP. Microsoft is planning to = use pop-up warnings to remind users to upgrade and it could start as soon as next week. Windows XP will end its 12-year successful run on April 8th and Microsoft wants the considerable number of users to shift over to more modern versions of its operating system. The pop-up notifications will be enabled from March 8th following the monthly patch cycle of Windows Update." http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/end-days-windows-xp-microsoft-will-send-pop-re= minders/ User comments are interesting ;) --=...

CLSQL can't load shared library libpq (ACL Express Free 8.0, Window XP, Postgresql 8.1)
I sent this to the CLSQL mailing list but got no response, so: Here's the message I get when I execute clsql:connect: == Couldn't load foreign library "libpq". (searched CLSQL-SYS:*FOREIGN-LIBRARY-SEARCH-PATHS*) [Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR] == And here is my search path: == CL-USER> clsql:*foreign-library-search-paths* (#P"c:\\Program Files\\PostgreSQL\\8.1\\lib\\" #P"c:\\Program Files\\PostgreSQL\\8.1\\lib\\ms\\" #P"c:\\Program Files\\PostgreSQL\\8.1\\bin\\" #P"C:\\.asdf-install-dir\\site\\clsql-3.7.1\\uffi\\") == In...

activity on christmas day
i had a busy day indeed, being chief cook and bottle-washer in this house, but it seems i wasn't alone -- many texies dragged themselves away from this most important area of life, too ;-) the faq, normally running at 50-60 mbytes a day transferred, sent out a mere 27 mbytes (of which about 6.5 mbytes went to crawlers from google and yahoo). most of tex.ac.uk's transfers come via the web interface to the archive: that was at 57 gbytes yesterday (it's normally in the range 150-250 gbytes, and occasionally nudges into the tbyte range). i hope you all had a merry christ...

Window Shares #8
Been having problems with my window Xp share folders showing up/connecting to the imac. I have the iBook G4, using airport connecting to a DLink wireless router. Everything seems OK,most of the time I can see my share folders from imac under the network window. Then sometimes they disappear and do not show up. This has been driving me crazy I've been checing the network setting and they look correct. This probllem seems to come and go ! Any help would be great, I hope I have provided enough information. ...

peak detection #8
How to detect peaks in this image and get position of it.? I want to scan line by line each row and want (max(c) + min(c))/2, for each row. so peak will be detected.. but how to write that code..? http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=g61df16228a87d6111720324b2ce447949db67e ...

MOAB Day 8
http://projects.info-pull.com/moab/MOAB-08-01-2007.html Tom Elam ...

The Twelve Days of Christmas
On the twelfth day of Christmas, We'll send these gifts to Sweaty: Twelve jurors' guilty verdicts: http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20111218130045750 Eleven broken eXb0rks: http://www.1up.com/news/tale-11-broken-360s Ten year-old slopware: http://www.techspot.com/news/44902-windows-xp-usage-finally-falls-below-50-mark.html Nine years of Online Services losses: http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/microsofts-online-sinkhole-85-billion-lost-in-9-years/52989 Eighty-four hours BPOS downtime: http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/msg/2176e3747fc666ca Seventy-five mill...

W7 after 7 days
No issues. No app or OS errors. All devices and peripherals are operating normally. A week of extensive software use turned up no quirks or issues. The only piece of software that would not run was Norton AV, so it had to go bye-bye. Microsoft was kind enough to provide a free replacement. Ran a full system scan and turned up no issues. But then again, there were no issues before the W7 upgrade. Well, there was that one worm that tried to get in from a co-worker's USB drive about a month ago. Norton killed it. The nice thing is that the new W7 OS, just like Vista, XP, W200...

June Share Day
I would like to ask you all, once again, to PLEASE consider the importance of newsgroups such as this one and the importance in making regular donations to help keep this medium available for all. Your donations are always appreciated and gratefully recieved. Please use the PayPal box on our main page http://telecom-digest.org PLEASE! Thanks. PAT ...

Share Day For December
Instead of changing the Digest mailing list over to an advertising supported forum, I have always elected to keep it as a user supported forum, and for the most part keep it spam and virus free. I have been experimenting, not entirely successfully, with advertising through Google on the web site, but not the mailing list. I am *only* able to do this because of financial support from readers here, and if you would rather not see these messages every month, then please pitch in and help now and then! Consider it sort of like public radio, which goes on for days at a time trying to raise...

Share Day For September
Instead of changing the Digest over to an advertising supported forum, I have always elected to keep it as a user supported forum, and for the most part keep it spam and virus free. I am *only* able to do this because of financial support from readers here, and if you would rather not see these messages every month, then please pitch in and help now and then! Consider it sort of like public radio, which goes on for days at a time trying to raise money ... and maybe I should adopt the same system. Turn over the entire Digest once or twice a year to fund raising (entire issues, etc) and...