W7 share peaks at over 8% on Christmas Day

Must have been a lot new Windows laptops under the trees, and netbooks
in the stockings!

The share peak was up another 1% point in a week.

http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?sample=4&qprid=86&qpdt=1&qpct=4&qpcustom=Windows%207&qptimeframe=H&qpsp=96165&qpnp=150
0
Tommy
12/27/2009 3:30:27 AM
comp.sys.mac.advocacy 34015 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 12/26/09 10:30 PM, Tommy the Troll wrote:
> Must have been a lot new Windows laptops under the trees, and netbooks
> in the stockings!
>
> The share peak was up another 1% point in a week.
>
> http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?sample=4&qprid=86&qpdt=1&qpct=4&qpcustom=Windows%207&qptimeframe=H&qpsp=96165&qpnp=150

While Apple jumped 20%  OMG!
This is simply the beginning of the end for Microsoft.  You can't argue
with fact.  Consumers want choices and security.   Microsoft offer's
neither.
It should be interesting, when I'm old and gray - circa 2080 - I'll be
102 and I'll tell them where I was when Microsoft asked for government
assistance.  :)

We live in interesting times.
0
Justin
12/27/2009 6:00:27 AM
"Justin" <justin@nobecauseihatespam.com> wrote in message
> On 12/26/09 10:30 PM, Tommy the Troll wrote:
>> Must have been a lot new Windows laptops under the trees, and netbooks
>> in the stockings!
>>
>> The share peak was up another 1% point in a week.
>>
>> http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?sample=4&qprid=86&qpdt=1&qpct=4&qpcustom=Windows%207&qptimeframe=H&qpsp=96165&qpnp=150
>
> While Apple jumped 20%  OMG

WOW!!!! 20% of 3% -.  BWAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

0
Maurice
12/27/2009 2:11:07 PM
On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 01:00:27 -0500, Justin
<justin@nobecauseihatespam.com> wrote:

>On 12/26/09 10:30 PM, Tommy the Troll wrote:
>> Must have been a lot new Windows laptops under the trees, and netbooks
>> in the stockings!
>>
>> The share peak was up another 1% point in a week.
>>
>> http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?sample=4&qprid=86&qpdt=1&qpct=4&qpcustom=Windows%207&qptimeframe=H&qpsp=96165&qpnp=150
>
>While Apple jumped 20%  OMG!
>This is simply the beginning of the end for Microsoft.  You can't argue
>with fact.  Consumers want choices and security.   Microsoft offer's
>neither.
>It should be interesting, when I'm old and gray - circa 2080 - I'll be
>102 and I'll tell them where I was when Microsoft asked for government
>assistance.  :)
>
>We live in interesting times.

I'm using real world data, 20% is an estimate.  We will see where the
actuals come in for Apple.

Anyway, W7 has gone from 2% at the end of October to 8% at the end of
December.  That's a 300% increase.   In perspective, the 2 month Net
App share increase for W7 is more than the total share for Apple.
0
Tommy
12/27/2009 6:05:34 PM
On 12/27/09 9:11 AM, Maurice wrote:
> "Justin"<justin@nobecauseihatespam.com>  wrote in message
>> On 12/26/09 10:30 PM, Tommy the Troll wrote:
>>> Must have been a lot new Windows laptops under the trees, and netbooks
>>> in the stockings!
>>>
>>> The share peak was up another 1% point in a week.
>>>
>>> http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?sample=4&qprid=86&qpdt=1&qpct=4&qpcustom=Windows%207&qptimeframe=H&qpsp=96165&qpnp=150
>>
>> While Apple jumped 20%  OMG
>
> WOW!!!! 20% of 3% -.  BWAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Toyota had less than 3% market share in North America in the 1960's.
BWAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

No, wait that is not the way of the Lord.

--
http://www.vatican.org
0
"Father Justin" <justin@nobecauseihatespam.com> wrote in message
> On 12/27/09 9:11 AM, Maurice wrote:
>> "Justin"<justin@nobecauseihatespam.com>  wrote in message

>>> While Apple jumped 20%  OMG
>>
>> WOW!!!! 20% of 3% -.  BWAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
>>

> Toyota had less than 3% market share in North America in the 1960's.
> BWAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
>
> No, wait that is not the way of the Lord.

Seeking refuge in the past.  Must be comforting to you.

0
Maurice

sys.mac.advocacy
Hi, If you want to enter in a family website open up: http://www.familypk.com/ Its an entertainment website. Thanks ...

This is a good day for Mac advocacy, apparently
PC Advisor reviews Safari 3.1 "Verdict The new features in Safari 3.1 function exactly as they should and, as web designers begin to add support for these elements, Safari will become progressively more useful and functional for typical users." More here: http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/reviews/index.cfm?reviewid=1948 -- Dave Fritzinger Honolulu, HI ...

W7 share peaks at over 5% over the weekend
That's right Maccies, W7 is soon going to eclipse total Mac share in the Net Applications data set. http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?sample=4&qprid=86&qpdt=1&qpct=4&qpcustom=Windows%207&qptimeframe=H&qpsp=95345&qpnp=160# I played around with the URL to get it to show as much recent data as possible. The link may not work for you, but you can retrieve a copy from this link: http://farmecon.com/Documents/Hourly%20market%20share%20for%20W7.pdf It is interesting how the share cycles over the weekend when people are home, the declines as t...

W7 share peaks at 9% on Jan 3
That's right, still increasing about 1 percentage point a week. In less than 2 months W7 share will be more than double Mac OS of all versions. It's a hit! A Home Run in fact. http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?sample=4&qprid=86&qpdt=1&qpct=4&qpcustom=Windows%207&qptimeframe=H&qpsp=96365&qpnp=168 In article <jdt4k5dqqv70s3kllrmohcogp0bn0lfonv@4ax.com>, Tommy the Troll <tom_elamatearthlinkdotnet> wrote: > That's right, still increasing about 1 percentage point a week. In > less than 2 months W7 share will be mor...

Fortune--Mac Market share at 8.28!
http://apple20.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2008/10/01/mac-market-share-hits-rec ord/ Yes MJ,Zara,TT, MM and a few others it is in the US, where it matters in terms of this NG. -- Mike ...

Weekend W7 NetApps share peaks at over 7%
http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?sample=4&qprid=86&qpdt=1&qpct=4&qpcustom=Windows%207&qptimeframe=H&qpsp=96035&qpnp=150 W7 adoption is ON FIRE. Up 2 pct. points in about 3 weeks. That would be something on the order of 10-20 million new W7 machines on the net, or maybe about 1 million per day. Tom On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 13:48:08 -0800, Tommy the Troll wrote (in article <33rvi5l0m8i9dvv29ggb5d5c9sjq1krfqq@4ax.com>): > http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?sample=4&qprid=86&qpdt=1&qpct=4&qp > custom=Window...

W7 Net Apps Share peaks at over 20%
At 7pm EDT on 8/21 http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?sample=4&qprid=86&qpdt=1&qpct=4&qpcustom=Windows%207&qptimeframe=H&qpsp=101900&qpnp=168# and for the Maccies who lack a real newsreader http://tiny.cc/ireyk that is about 4x Mac OS (all versions) and 28.6x the iPhone share. Prediction: August Net Apps shares will show another gain for Windows and loss for Mac. ========================================== "The iPad OS, like the iPhone and iPod Touch OS before it, doesn't have a FILE SYSTEM." So sez the wise and powerfu...

mac test pro 7.8.1 / mac os rom 9.8.1
download any where? torrent? In article <1159756896.471404.25260@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "Dragon" <Joe.The.Dragon@gmail.com> wrote: > download any where? > torrent? http://www.applefritter.com/node/3553 If you find a torrent for it, kindly keep that information to yourself and don't share it here. Apple's Legal department is watching and I'm sure a letter to SBC will get your user information for IP 70.131.202.203 in a heartbeat. -- DeeDee, don't press that button! DeeDee! NO! Dee... ...

Macs HUGE 5.8% world market share.
They must all be shaking in their boots! ...

One day to Christmas! Well... one day to the Christmas L-OSUG meeting! [19/12 18:00]
All, (sorry all the non UK readers ...) <* * * * * * * * * * * * * * Last reminder* * * * * * * * * * * * * * > Some really good stuff is coming up .... the evening will include: - "Deeper with DTrace" by Jonathan Haslam aided by Adam Leventhal - "ZFS .... the last filesystem?" by Tim Graves - Lightning talks: 5 minutes per person (anyone, about anything OS related) - OpenDiscussion(tm?)... Anything you want to ask/debate/question ? (.... we will continue this discussion on a nearby PUB afterwards) The place will be as last time: Sun Customer Briefing ...

Article: Apple Mac share of surfers doubles in 8 months
<http://macdailynews.com/index.php/weblog/comments/13539/> ----- "The portion of people surfing the Web using a Mac has doubled in the past eight months, an Internet metrics analyst said today, and represents an audience that can't be ignored by Web application developers," Gregg Keizer reports for Computerworld. "'The amazing story since last summer has been how well the Mac is doing,' said Geoff Johnston, an analyst at WebSideStory Inc. in San Diego. 'For the longest time, Mac hung around 3% of the operating sy...

W7 hits 3.67% share, soars past Mac Leopard
Read it an weep Mac fanboi. W7 share of internet hits is soaring. Share is up 1.5 points in the last week and graph is pointing north. http://tiny.cc/1XoSG In article <a0a9c24f-8c91-44be-bf83-bc18cd0a9cca@u13g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>, Tommy Troll <tom_elam@earthlink.net> wrote: > Read it an weep Mac fanboi. W7 share of internet hits is soaring. > Share is up 1.5 points in the last week and graph is pointing north. > > http://tiny.cc/1XoSG Server Error in '/' Application. An error has occurred and we have logged this IP address for security purposes. Pl...

How to disable file sharing on network in Mac OS X 10.8.3?
Hello. I am currently in a hotel room and noticed other people's computers with their file shares opened. I am concerned if mine is opened or not. How do I disable my MacBook Pro's Mac OS X 10.8.3? Its firewall is enabled. Thank you in advance. :) -- /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | \ _ / Please nuke ANT if replying by e-mail. If crediting, ( ) then please kindly use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link. In article <UvS...

sharing printer on Mac with Mac/Windows
Hi. I have a new Mac G5 with a USB printer attached to it. I would like to print to this printer from other computers also, other Macs and Windows machines. I have: 1) Enabled Printer Sharing 2) Enabled Windows Sharing 3) In Print & Fax, selected Sharing and check marded this printer. According to Mac Help, this printer should automatically appear in print dialog boxes from any other computer on the subnet that can see it. Well, I think my laptop is on the same subnet but I cannot see it. Where exactly should I see it? There is a list of "Shared Printers" and also of "Bonjo...

Web resources about - W7 share peaks at over 8% on Christmas Day - comp.sys.mac.advocacy

Christmas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and is an integral part of the Christmas and holiday season . The precise date of Jesus' birth , which some historians place between 7 and 2 ...

Man, 27, arrested over Christmas break crime spree
Central Queensland man charged over robberies.

Maurice Blackburn calls for Christmas Island witnesses to come forward
People who may have witnessed the treatment of asylum seekers at Christmas Island are being urged to contact a law firm mounting a legal challenge ...

David Jones records strong Christmas sales, but slips from 15-year high
Analyst predictions of the best Christmas in a decade failed to sustain David Jones' break-neck sales growth.

No one has cracked GCHQ's Christmas card and there are only 2 days left
No one has cracked GCHQ's Christmas puzzle and there are only two days left, the British intelligence agency said today . The card, which GCHQ ...

Star: LeAnn Rimes lied about the ring Eddie ‘gave’ her for Christmas, obviously
Shortly after Christmas, we discussed the diamond ring LeAnn Rimes allegedly “got” from Eddie Cibrian . LeAnn was so proud of the ring that she ...

Xbox enjoys record-breaking Christmas, Rise of the Tomb Raider sells 1 million
All of Microsoft's holiday 2015 exclusives sold more than 1 million copies.

Marco Rubio Says He Bought A Gun On Christmas As 'Last Line Of Defense' Against ISIS
... the earth, good will to men" while celebrating Christ's birth, but Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio recently explained that Christmas ...

Marco Rubio Reveals Why He Bought A Gun On Christmas Eve
Marco Rubio Reveals Why He Bought A Gun On Christmas Eve

Sen. Marco Rubio: I bought a gun for Christmas to protect my family from ISIS
Never let it be said that Marco Rubio doesn't remember the true meaning of Christmas. The birth of our Lord and Savior (terms and conditions ...