Why are you a Mac User? ( from Mac 360)

http://tinyurl.com/a8yjv

"Why are you a Mac user? What makes a Mac a �Mac� and why is it better,
in general, than a Windows PC?

What�s the reason you went Mac and why doesn�t everyone else? Good
questions. Got a good answer?

In general, I get asked this question more than any other (except
something to do with my name): �Why are you a Mac user?� Or, the nearly
as popular, �What�s so special about Macs?�  "

You can read the article and the answers....

--
Regards,
JP

"Jim Polaski" <jpolaski@NOSPMync.net> wrote in message
> http://tinyurl.com/a8yjv
>
> "Why are you a Mac user? What makes a Mac a OMac� and why is it better,
> in general, than a Windows PC?
Because it costs more, it stands to reason it would be better.

> What�s the reason you went Mac and why doesn�t everyone else? Good
> questions. Got a good answer?
I like to be different from all the others.

> In general, I get asked this question more than any other (except
> something to do with my name): OWhy are you a Mac user?� Or, the nearly
> as popular, OWhat�s so special about Macs?�  "
My computer is like a friend to me it's always there when I need it.  Not
like people.

> You can read the article and the answers....
>
> --
> Regards,
> JP
> "The measure of a man is what he will do while
> expecting that he will get nothing in return!"

0
bwhite563 (2)
11/29/2005 12:21:15 AM
Think different. I'm a pretty hardcore linux junky, and I needed a new
computer. The iMac G5 was the right price, looked pretty cool and I
figured I'd check it out. I'd used Windows since XP came out and never
had any problems with viruses or spyware, and the choice wasn't because
I wanted something better, but just because I was willing to try
something different.
I wasn't disappointed.

0
MartinKess (411)
11/29/2005 12:27:27 AM
Jim Polaski wrote
(in article
<jpolaski-46F920.18150628112005@comcast.dca.giganews.com>):

> http://tinyurl.com/a8yjv

Bambi and Teri?  ROTFLMAO.  Where did that come from?

--
 _          __ _
| |    ___ / _| |_ _   _
| |   / _ \ |_| __| | | |
| |__|  __/  _| |_| |_| |
|_____\___|_|  \__|\__, |
                   |___/
All of God's creatures have a place..........
..........right next to the potatoes and gravy.

0
nunya (4574)
11/29/2005 1:13:36 AM
In article <jpolaski-46F920.18150628112005@comcast.dca.giganews.com>,
 Jim Polaski <jpolaski@NOSPMync.net> wrote:

> http://tinyurl.com/a8yjv
>
> "Why are you a Mac user? What makes a Mac a �Mac� and why is it better,
> in general, than a Windows PC?
>
> What�s the reason you went Mac and why doesn�t everyone else? Good
> questions. Got a good answer?
>
> In general, I get asked this question more than any other (except
> something to do with my name): �Why are you a Mac user?� Or, the nearly
> as popular, �What�s so special about Macs?�  "
>

> You can read the article and the answers....

Pretty much parallels my experience. I was using CPM before anybody ever
heard of DOS, used WordStar on 8-bit CPM machines and Wang Word
Processing Stations before anybody ever heard of "MS Word" and once I
saw MacPaint and MacDraw and MacWrite, I was hooked.
0
gmgraves (7483)
11/29/2005 1:50:15 AM
In article <0001HW.BFB107A60430229AF0407550@news.verizon.net>,
 Lefty Bigfoot <nunya@busyness.info> wrote:

> Jim Polaski wrote
> (in article
> <jpolaski-46F920.18150628112005@comcast.dca.giganews.com>):
>
> > http://tinyurl.com/a8yjv
>
> Bambi and Teri?  ROTFLMAO.  Where did that come from?

Typical Mac chicks. ;-)
George Graves <gmgraves@pacbell.net> writes:

>Pretty much parallels my experience. I was using CPM before anybody ever
>heard of DOS,

Luxury!  I started with an Interdata 8/32 Minicomputer, which had to load
the BASIC interpreter from paper tape.

-jcr

0
jcr1 (69)
11/29/2005 11:18:21 AM
In article <1133263101.821637@smirk>,
 John C. Randolph From: <jcr@idiom.com> wrote:

> George Graves <gmgraves@pacbell.net> writes:
>
> >Pretty much parallels my experience. I was using CPM before anybody ever
> >heard of DOS,
>
> Luxury!  I started with an Interdata 8/32 Minicomputer, which had to load
> the BASIC interpreter from paper tape.
>
> -jcr

We couldn't read paper tape until we'd entered the boot loader for the
paper tape reader on the HP 3000's front panel buttons.
0
sehix (4160)
11/29/2005 10:01:06 PM
In article <sehix-D4B00B.14010629112005@news.isp.giganews.com>,
 Steve Hix <sehix@NOSPAMspeakeasy.netINVALID> wrote:

> In article <1133263101.821637@smirk>,
>  John C. Randolph From: <jcr@idiom.com> wrote:
>
> > George Graves <gmgraves@pacbell.net> writes:
> >
> > >Pretty much parallels my experience. I was using CPM before anybody ever
> > >heard of DOS,
> >
> > Luxury!  I started with an Interdata 8/32 Minicomputer, which had to load
> > the BASIC interpreter from paper tape.
> >
> > -jcr
>
> We couldn't read paper tape until we'd entered the boot loader for the
> paper tape reader on the HP 3000's front panel buttons.

I got paid for working with a machine from Honeywell like that on site
for NASA. Real time operatin system. When corrections were needed we
entered them thru the front panel in octal.

--
Guns don't kill people; automobiles kill people.
0

To Mac or not to Mac?

Mac to mac

When is a Mac not a Mac?

Help! iSync mac to mac

Moving a User from Mac to Mac...
I currently have two old Macs...let's call them my MAIN Mac (a G4 running Tiger) and my OTHER Mac (early Intel iMac also running Tiger). And, I'm about to purchase a NEW Mac. (3 Macs...MAIN, OTHER and NEW) What I'd like to do is move virtually everything (user accounts, applications, settings, documents, etc.) from my current MAIN Mac to my NEW Mac. I've never actually done this before, but I believe, on initial install of the NEW Mac, the Mac OS actually asks if you want to do just this. Question#1: If the above is true, what cable is required during the install process whe...

Macs and Mac Users. A Rant.
http://tragicallyunhip.wordpress.com/2008/03/26/macs-and-mac-users-a-rant/ Macs and Mac Users. A Rant. March 26, 2008 tragicallyunhip Yanno. for years we've had to listen to Mac users go on and on and ON in the superior tone about how great Macs are and about how they just never break. Well, let me tell you, I have spent enough years in IT to know they do. A LOT. My last job was at a company whose graphics department was, as you might expect, Mac-based. And I spent just as much time down there working on them as I did ANY PC. But that's just the tip of the iceberg. What about the whole Mav VS PC thing? What about those annoying "I'm a Mac" ads? I tell you, I want to get that obnoxious Mac guy and bash his face in with a $*^&ing hammer! Why do Mac feel the need to slag off PCs just to advertise their own product? Have they got nothing to say about their own hardware and software that speaks for itself? Does everything have to be based on this ridiculous childish anti-PC thing? Yanno what Mac? NOBODY GIVES A SHIT! Get over yourselves. Advertise your product based on its own (limited) merits. Christ, even entering the network properties of a Mac OS to see the PCs you're connected to in your network, the icon for the PCs is a crappy looking old beige monitor with a BSOD error on it! I mean, GROW UP! Nobody wants to know. And speaking of BSOD, I have one word Mac: LEOPARD! Code name Train Wreck! Oh and that reminds me; Mac works w...

It's a Mac, Mac, Mac World
I wonder how the Windows users would like my (ab)normal Microsoft-free world: My business: all Mac, no PCs. My dentist, family physician and urologist are all Mac. No PCs. Went to Sir Speedy today for more bus. cards and some binding: all Mac (no surprise there). My daughter's three new college room mates have emailed her. Two have PowerBooks and one has an eMac. (She has a G5 iMac.) I never even see a PC unless I am at the public library or a store using a Windows POS unit. It never was intentional. I don't scout a place to see what frickin' computer they use. Jus...

bmp-mac, mac and xmms-mac ports
Hello, I can't find these in the ports collections, so i've downloaded and compiled mac and xmms-mac successfully and have confirmed that they work on FreeBSD. I was looking for an APE (Monkey Audio) plug-in for XMMS in the ports collection but wasn't able to find one. I had a bit of trouble with compiling xmms-mac to start off with. The compilation would fail with the following: g++ -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/X11R6/include/xmms -I/usr/local/include/gtk12 -I/usr/local/include/glib12 -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -s -O3 -Wall -pedantic -DBUILD_CROSS_PLATFORM -g -O2 -o fileinfo fileinfo.o -Wl,-E -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/local/lib -lgtk-12 -lgdk-12 -lgmodule-12 -lglib-12 /usr/local/lib/libintl.so /usr/local/lib/libiconv.so -lXi -lXext -lX11 -lm -lxmms /usr/lib/libmac.so -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib/libgthread-12.so.3: undefined reference to `pthread_cond_timedwait' *** Error code 1 Stop in /usr/home/net147/xmms-mac-0.3.1/src. *** Error code 1 Stop in /usr/home/net147/xmms-mac-0.3.1. *** Error code 1 Stop in /usr/home/net147/xmms-mac-0.3.1. However i've managed to fix this by deleting the extracts files, re-extracting the files again, adding -lpthread to the configure.in file and then running autoconf to regenerate the configure script before compiling. # diff starts here --- configure.in.old Sun Dec 10 14:24:01 2006 +++ configure.in Sun Dec 10 14:24:...

MAC to MAC over Internet
Hi All, First I will tell you that I am not a MAC user or owner so please be patient :) I have a friend who runs a small business and they have two MAC computers in the office that are networked together and share files. The main MAC has approx 20,000 files that they share and update. One of the people will be moving away and they want to be able to connect over the Internet to the main MAC and share the files just like they do in the office today. They need to be able to have the master files on the main MAC in the office and allow the other person to easily access and update the master ...

mac to mac connection
Hi, PBG3 400 OS 10.3 I connect a crossover cable between my PB, and other macs running OS9, and can not mount see the other mac on my PB. Have followed the Help, but must be doing something wrong somewhere. I can however see/connect to my PB from the peripheral mac via the Chooser. I have not been able to connect to windoze machines either, but maybe that will rsolve if I can get mac to mac sharing happening. Can someone suggest what I may be overlooking or a relevant site... ? thanks indeed Chris Brown Neurosurgery University of Adelaide In article <400da705$1@yorrell.saard.net>, Chris Brown <cbrown@medicine.adelaide.edu.au> wrote: > Hi, > > > PBG3 400 OS 10.3 > > I connect a crossover cable between my PB, and other macs running OS9, > and can not mount see the other mac on my PB. Have followed the Help, > but must be doing something wrong somewhere. I can however see/connect > to my PB from the peripheral mac via the Chooser. > > I have not been able to connect to windoze machines either, but maybe > that will rsolve if I can get mac to mac sharing happening. > > Can someone suggest what I may be overlooking or a relevant site... ? > > > thanks indeed > > Chris Brown > Neurosurgery > University of Adelaide > Chris, things won't necessarily connect automagically. First, you have to turn on "File Sharing" on both machines. If you have an OS 9 box, when y...

Mac-to-Mac VPN?
Years ago, I set up a Mac network (under OS9) with a VPN router and some software on a remote PowerBook that allowed VPN access. I'm not terribly familiar with OSX yet, but I understand that much of this functionality is now built in. Can anybody steer me in the right direction as far as hardware, software and configuration? Here's the setup I envision: - Small LAN running two Macs and a printer with a DSL connection through a router. - Remote PowerBook connected to the net varyingly with dial-up, DSL (wired), and AirPort. - Use the PowerBook to securely connect to at l...

Mac Miail on .mac
I have my own domain name. Is there a way to get msil under .mac to set this as the reply to address. It seems that I am forced to use the @mac address but I could well be missing something. Thanks Colin Countryman wrote: > I have my own domain name. Is there a way to get msil under .mac to set this > as the reply to address. It seems that I am forced to use the @mac address > but I could well be missing something. > > Thanks > Colin Open a new Mail message - press Command-Alt-R to display the Reply-To field. Chu -- chuenginsberg at mac dot com On Sun, 21 Jan 2...

Mac to MAc Firewire
Hey all Looking for some help. I am trying to use a 6-6pin 1394 cable to connect two iBooks together and transfer some large files. iBook 1 dual USB 'white' iBook OS 9.2 iBook 2 G4 OSx 10.2 I boot iBook 1 into 'target drive' mode and get the firewire icon dancing about the screen then connect it to iBook 2 but the drive does not appear on the desktop. I have tried all combinations of rebooting/ connecting before and after rebooting but nothing seams to work. When the firewire is plugged in the target disk makes a short noise then nothing the host does not appear to react at ...

networking mac to mac???
Hello, Can someone out there tell me the best (easy) way to network a ibook running os.9??? possibly to a new imac running osx 5wak <rosscoism@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, Can someone out there tell me the best (easy) way to network a > ibook running os.9??? possibly to a new imac running osx Put an ethernet cable between them, enable tcp/ip and file sharing on one and log on from the other, seems to be what you are asking for? And you do not need a cross-over cable between modern Macs. -- /Jon For contact info, run the following in Terminal: echo 361993718603049801070734...

When is a Mac no longer a Mac?
OK, so Apple's going to go to Intel CPUs. Now Macs are no longer differentiated by a slow clock and superior instruction set--we've got the same hackjob clusterfuck on speed PCs have been using for decades now. And over the last few years Apple's gone away from SCSI, NuBus, ADB, Localtalk, etc. And PCs have picked up USB, dropped floppies, and colored their cases. The hardware's basically merging between the two platforms. On the software side, the classic MacOS is gone, replaced by Unixy stuff. And like it or not, higher up on the UI level lots of Windows-li...

MAC to MAC connectivity
Hi, As part of a design that I'm investigating, I am looking at connecting a number of FPGA based MACs to a dedicated broadcom switch chip. The difficulty with this is that to interface both chips, I need to have two closely coupled and redundant PHY . Is it possible to connect two MAC (SGMII) directly point-to-point, bypassing the PHY completely? Or is it necessary to have at least some PHY functionality, even if it is a point to point link? Kind regards, Stephen Steve wrote: > Hi, > > As part of a design that I'm investigating, I am looking at connecting > a number...

Mac advocacy again: Springer changes to Mac
Here's a bit of Mac advocacy for the US Independence Day. http://tinyurl.com/68ajad =46rom the article: In a YouTube video, posted below the fold, CEO Mathias D=F6pfner lists four reasons for the change: Most of the company=92s layout work was already being done on Macs Macs are more user friendly than other computers Apple creates the most elegant computers Macs are cheaper to buy and easier to maintain than they were in the past -- Dave Fritzinger Honolulu, HI Dave Fritzinger wrote: > Here's a bit of Mac advocacy for the US Independence Day. > > http://tinyurl.com/68ajad > > From the article: > > In a YouTube video, posted below the fold, CEO Mathias D�pfner lists > four reasons for the change: > > Most of the company�s layout work was already being done on Macs > Macs are more user friendly than other computers > Apple creates the most elegant computers > Macs are cheaper to buy and easier to maintain than they were in the > past > -- > Dave Fritzinger > Honolulu, HI It also said they'll be running OS X, Windows Vista and Windows XP on these machines, so basically they have just added an additonal OS to support. "Apple creates the most elegant computers". Wow, I'm glad he's not the CEO of my company. Steve In article <baidnd-wU5XcKPPVnZ2dnUVZ_hKdnZ2d@giganews.com>, Steve de Mena <steve@stevedemena.com> wrote: > Dave Fritzinger wrote: > > Here's a bit...

macs make mac users happy
what's a three letter word for happy? Hint - it starts with g and ends with y Me stated in post 2%Zdm.97597$0e4.4357@newsfe19.iad on 8/4/09 10:13 AM: > what's a three letter word for happy? > > Hint - it starts with g and ends with y > > Goy? -- [INSERT .SIG HERE] On 2009-08-04 14:26:36 -0400, Snit <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com> said: > Me stated in post 2%Zdm.97597$0e4.4357@newsfe19.iad on 8/4/09 10:13 AM: > >> what's a three letter word for happy? >> >> Hint - it starts with g and ends with y >> >> > Goy? what's a four-letter word for "gay"? hint: begins with Z, ends with 0 . "Joey JoJo Junior Shabadoo" <androidsdungeon@springfield.org> wrote in message news:h59vkq$t2j$2@news.eternal-september.org... > On 2009-08-04 14:26:36 -0400, Snit <usenet@gallopinginsanity.com> said: > >> Me stated in post 2%Zdm.97597$0e4.4357@newsfe19.iad on 8/4/09 10:13 AM: >> >>> what's a three letter word for happy? >>> >>> Hint - it starts with g and ends with y >>> >>> >> Goy? > > what's a four-letter word for "gay"? Joey or JoJo > hint: begins with Z, ends with 0 . Joey cant spell coz he's JoJo In article <2%Zdm.97597$0e4.4357@newsfe19.iad>, "Me" <me@mine.com> wrote: > what's a three letter word for happy? Joy! -- Sandman[...

Any Mac users run GoToMyPC (on their Mac)
Any 'enlightened' Mac users run "GoToMyPC" ver 6.0 software on their Macs? My understanding of that software is that it allows a Mac to remotely control a PC that has the Vista OS. Full control, see the PC desktop screen, etc. High priced one way control, monthly fee about $30, this fee on top of the software price of $80. Installed only on the Mac, no software installed on the slave PC - - - supposedly very easy Mac install. Mark- On 2008-02-25 03:43:12 -0600, Mark Conrad <noneof@urbusiness.invalid> said: > > Any 'enlightened' Mac users run &...

change mac address get mac address spoofing mac address find computer by mac address
Mac Address Spoofing Report Victor J. Canny D. Abstract: Mac address can uniquely identifies each node of a network, ISPs and network administrators use mac address to manage their pc users. PC users may want to spoof mac address so that he need not to contact with ISP for a new network interface card (NIC); PC users may want to hide his mac address so that totally hide his information on the internet. Introduction Mac address, short for Media Access Control address, is a hardware address that uniquely identifies each node of a network. It means, in a local area network (LAN) or oth...

[ace-users] Regarding mac to mac communication !!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C5F68D.73807166 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi all, =20 I am new to ACE and would like to know if there is an API in ACE so that I can send/receive data from one mac address to other mac address in following format. =20 Dest Mac Addrees Src Mac Address Type Data CRC =20 6 bytes 6 bytes 2 bytes Variable Len 4 bytes =20 =20 If somebody have done this before can you please give me some information relating that. =20 Thanks=20 Priyank ------_=_NextPart_001_01C5F68D.73807166 Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset=3Dus-ascii"> <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1522" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD> <BODY> <DIV><SPAN class=3D885233615-01122005><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi=20 all,</FONT></SPAN></DIV> <DIV><SPAN class=3D885233615-01122005><FONT face=3DArial=20 size=3D2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><SPAN class=3D885233615-01122005><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am = new to A...

filtering users by mac address and limiting bandwidth to each mac.
I was wondering if there is a any way to filter users on a network by mac address and if i could allocate a limited ammount of bandwidth to each user in chuncks of 768 - 1.5 mbps with their macs using linux? I am working for a wireless isp for a school project. some of our users are only paying for 768k of bandwidth and getting the whole pipe. so this box would a dhcp server, mac filter, and bandwith limiter. is that possible? w.kinderman@gmail.com wrote: > I was wondering if there is a any way to filter users on a network by > mac address and if i could allocate a limited ammount of b...

question from a non-Mac user for a Mac-owning friend...
Is there a way under OS X (Panther) to query to see if a particular package is installed? I don't mean "look in the menu options and see if I see a shortcut/icon for it". I mean...a terminal (or GUI) way to say "Is "x" package installed"? I run on Redhat Linux, and I can type "rpm -q <packagename>" in a terminal window to see if a particular package is installed. What do Mac users use if they're not sure a particular package or library is installed? Is 'locate' the only option, or, is there something resembling a package manage...

RE: [ace-users] Regarding mac to mac communication !!
Sure, Let me check that out first. Thanks Priyank -----Original Message----- From: Robert Iakobashvili [mailto:coroberti@gmail.com] Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 10:47 AM To: Patel Priyank-PPATEL1 Cc: ace-users@cs.wustl.edu Subject: Re: [ace-users] Regarding mac to mac communication !! Hi Patel, On 12/1/05, Patel Priyank-PPATEL1 <priyankpatel@motorola.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I am new to ACE and would like to know if there is an API in ACE so > that I can send/receive data from one mac address to other mac address > in following format. > > Dest Mac Addrees Src Mac Address Type Data > CRC > > 6 bytes 6 bytes 2 > bytes Variable Len 4 bytes Try to look at link-layer sockets in Richard Stevens If you are on linux, try to look at en example for sending ARPs as a patch in ACE bugzilla: http://deuce.doc.wustl.edu/bugzilla/showattachment.cgi?attach_id=346 Sincerely, ---------------------------------------------------------------- Robert Iakobashvili - NAVIGARE NECESSE EST coroberti at gmail dot com --------------------------------------------------------------- Hi Ramesh, Ramesh Kumar wrote: > Dear Priyan, > > I had a similar requirement as your's. However, I dont think there's > anything readily available in ACE for direct link-layer access (Anyone, > please correct m...

Web resources about - Why are you a Mac User? ( from Mac 360) - comp.sys.mac.advocacy

User:Ram-Man - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This user is interested in many things: preaching , aquariums , woodworking , carpentry , cooking , gardening , computers , and chess . The user ...

Unity (user interface) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Unity 5.12, with the launcher and the dash displayed, running on Ubuntu 12.04 . Unity is a shell interface for the GNOME desktop environment ...

An FBI win could lead iOS users to reject updates and tech companies to leave the USA, says Lavabit
... than 40 companies and organizations to file an amicus brief in support of Apple , reports TechCrunch . It warns that iPhone and iPad users ...

User account
Augusta Georgia’s source for News, Entertainment, Sports, Weather, Classifieds, Jobs, Autos, Real Estate and Masters information from The Augusta ...

Mac users targeted by KeRanger ransomware here's how to remove it
... businesses and individuals increasingly having their data encrypted and held to ransom. As with so many forms of malware, it has been PC users ...

Mac users are being attacked by malware that locks their computer and demands a $400 ransom — here’s ...
Malware from the app Transmission has recently attacked many Mac users. Users are locked out of their computers and are forced to pay a $400 ...

Who are Ashley Madison users?
Economists at Michigan State University found a correlation between Ashley Madison accounts and corporate culture.

​Apple users beware: First live ransomware targeting Mac found 'in the wild'
Researchers have discovered what they say is the first real-world ransomware targeting Macs, and if you've downloaded torrenting software recently, ...

Microsoft's Edge reverses trend, gains share among Windows 10 users
Microsoft's Edge browser made gains in user and usage share last month, but the default browser of Windows 10 remained the choice of a minority ...

Apple Users Targeted With Widescale Ransomware Campaign For First Time
For decades, many Apple users have bragged about their computers not being targeted by viruses and malware in the way that Windows-based computers ...