Windows 7 is really Windows NT.3

Ignoring the DOS-based Windows versions, the first available version of
NT was numbered NT 3.x, so it was really NT 1.x

NT 4.x gave it essentiall the same UI as Windows 95.

NT 5.0x was given the marketing name Windows 2000 and then later became
Windows XP (5.1x)

Vista was NT 6.x and to show you how different Windows 7 is from Vista,
it only got to be NT 6.01.

There you go trolls: you're using the third point release of Windows NT!

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone

On Dec 29, 1:00=A0pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> Ignoring the DOS-based Windows versions, the first available version of
> NT was numbered NT 3.x, so it was really NT 1.x
>
> NT 4.x gave it essentiall the same UI as Windows 95.
>
> NT 5.0x was given the marketing name Windows 2000 and then later became
> Windows XP (5.1x)
>
> Vista was NT 6.x and to show you how different Windows 7 is from Vista,
> it only got to be NT 6.01.
>
> There you go trolls: you're using the third point release of Windows NT!
>
> --
> "The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" -=
-
> "I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
> "It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Uni=
x with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin =
on Mac OS X)
> '[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
> 'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
> IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
> 'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not include=
> on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)

Sorry no link. Disregard.
0
MuahMan
12/29/2010 6:02:01 PM
On Dec 29, 1:02=A0pm, MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 29, 1:00=A0pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
>

> > Ignoring the DOS-based Windows versions, the first available version of
> > NT was numbered NT 3.x, so it was really NT 1.x
>
> > NT 4.x gave it essentiall the same UI as Windows 95.
>
> > NT 5.0x was given the marketing name Windows 2000 and then later became
> > Windows XP (5.1x)
>
> > Vista was NT 6.x and to show you how different Windows 7 is from Vista,
> > it only got to be NT 6.01.
>
> > There you go trolls: you're using the third point release of Windows NT=
!

> > --
> > "The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully"=
 --
> > "I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
> > "It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD U=
nix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwi=
n on Mac OS X)
> > '[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
> > 'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for t=
he
> > IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
> > 'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not inclu=
ded
> > on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
>
> Sorry no link. Disregard.

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7install/thread/b36fc38c-=
7d00-45c9-a03f-5c490f1a7e09
0
KDT
12/29/2010 6:03:44 PM
In article
<ad87ab83-dc7b-457d-a5f2-f346bcc2061d@c39g2000yqi.googlegroups.com>,
 KDT <scarface_74@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Dec 29, 1:02�pm, MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Dec 29, 1:00�pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> >

> > > Ignoring the DOS-based Windows versions, the first available version of
> > > NT was numbered NT 3.x, so it was really NT 1.x
> >
> > > NT 4.x gave it essentiall the same UI as Windows 95.
> >
> > > NT 5.0x was given the marketing name Windows 2000 and then later became
> > > Windows XP (5.1x)
> >
> > > Vista was NT 6.x and to show you how different Windows 7 is from Vista,
> > > it only got to be NT 6.01.
> >
> > > There you go trolls: you're using the third point release of Windows NT!
> >
> > > --
> > > "The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully"
> > > --
> > > "I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
> > > "It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD
> > > Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix'
> > > (Edwin on Mac OS X)
> > > '[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
> > > 'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
> > > IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
> > > 'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not
> > > included
> > > on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
> >
> > Sorry no link. Disregard.
>
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7install/thread/b36fc38c-7d0
> 0-45c9-a03f-5c490f1a7e09

Yes, I apologize for the error. Windows 7 was 6.01 when it was in beta.

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan
12/29/2010 6:17:09 PM
On 12/29/10 1:00 PM, Alan Baker wrote:
> Ignoring the DOS-based Windows versions, the first available version of
> NT was numbered NT 3.x, so it was really NT 1.x
>
> NT 4.x gave it essentiall the same UI as Windows 95.
>
> NT 5.0x was given the marketing name Windows 2000 and then later became
> Windows XP (5.1x)
>
> Vista was NT 6.x and to show you how different Windows 7 is from Vista,
> it only got to be NT 6.01.
>
> There you go trolls: you're using the third point release of Windows NT!

Sorry no content. Disregard.
0
Steve
12/29/2010 6:17:49 PM
In article <07ydnSOokKPQ5obQnZ2dnUVZ_j-dnZ2d@giganews.com>,
 Steve de Mena <steve@stevedemena.com> wrote:

> On 12/29/10 1:00 PM, Alan Baker wrote:
> > Ignoring the DOS-based Windows versions, the first available version of
> > NT was numbered NT 3.x, so it was really NT 1.x
> >
> > NT 4.x gave it essentiall the same UI as Windows 95.
> >
> > NT 5.0x was given the marketing name Windows 2000 and then later became
> > Windows XP (5.1x)
> >
> > Vista was NT 6.x and to show you how different Windows 7 is from Vista,
> > it only got to be NT 6.01.
> >
> > There you go trolls: you're using the third point release of Windows NT!
> >

> Sorry no content. Disregard.

LOL

Do you disagree, Steve? If you say you do, I'll produce the appropriate
references, because from here it looks very much like you do agree and
would like to pretend that you can ignore it.

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan
12/29/2010 6:31:07 PM
On Dec 29, 1:03=A0pm, KDT <scarface...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Dec 29, 1:02=A0pm, MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Dec 29, 1:00=A0pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
>
> > > Ignoring the DOS-based Windows versions, the first available version =
of
> > > NT was numbered NT 3.x, so it was really NT 1.x
>
> > > NT 4.x gave it essentiall the same UI as Windows 95.
>
> > > NT 5.0x was given the marketing name Windows 2000 and then later beca=
me
> > > Windows XP (5.1x)
>
> > > Vista was NT 6.x and to show you how different Windows 7 is from Vist=
a,
> > > it only got to be NT 6.01.
>
> > > There you go trolls: you're using the third point release of Windows =
NT!

> > > --
> > > "The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefull=
y" --
> > > "I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
> > > "It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD=
 Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Ed=
win on Mac OS X)
> > > '[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' -=
-
> > > 'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for=
 the
> > > IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
> > > 'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not inc=
luded
> > > on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Su=
n)

> > Sorry no link. Disregard.
>
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7install/thread/b36...

Do you have a real cite? Not a forum post?
0
MuahMan
12/29/2010 6:37:52 PM
On Dec 29, 1:31=A0pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> In article <07ydnSOokKPQ5obQnZ2dnUVZ_j-dn...@giganews.com>,
> =A0Steve de Mena <st...@stevedemena.com> wrote:
>

> > On 12/29/10 1:00 PM, Alan Baker wrote:
> > > Ignoring the DOS-based Windows versions, the first available version =
of
> > > NT was numbered NT 3.x, so it was really NT 1.x
>
> > > NT 4.x gave it essentiall the same UI as Windows 95.
>
> > > NT 5.0x was given the marketing name Windows 2000 and then later beca=
me
> > > Windows XP (5.1x)
>
> > > Vista was NT 6.x and to show you how different Windows 7 is from Vist=
a,
> > > it only got to be NT 6.01.
>
> > > There you go trolls: you're using the third point release of Windows =
NT!

> > Sorry no content. Disregard.
>
> LOL
>
> Do you disagree, Steve? If you say you do, I'll produce the appropriate
> references, because from here it looks very much like you do agree and
> would like to pretend that you can ignore it.

I think you're the only one that really cares. But dig up some links
anyway.
0
MuahMan
12/29/2010 6:38:35 PM
In article
<5232a161-4b49-4b7f-84e9-f6e960878b93@w29g2000vba.googlegroups.com>,
 MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 29, 1:03�pm, KDT <scarface...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > Sorry no link. Disregard.
> >
> > http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7install/thread/b36...
>
> Do you have a real cite? Not a forum post?

Yeah. Do a "winver" command in a CMD window.

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan
12/29/2010 6:40:24 PM
On Dec 29, 1:40=A0pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> In article
> <5232a161-4b49-4b7f-84e9-f6e960878...@w29g2000vba.googlegroups.com>,
>

> =A0MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:

Vista,

 BSD
Unix'

> > >http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7install/thread/b36.=
>
> > Do you have a real cite? Not a forum post?
>
> Yeah. Do a "winver" command in a CMD window.

Why? Random numbers don't bother me. I like using the best, most
advanced, most desployed, most used, most everything desktop OS in the
world. You use that bastard step-child banned from the enterprise toy
OS that nobody else uses. LOL
0
MuahMan
12/29/2010 6:44:26 PM
In article
<5232a161-4b49-4b7f-84e9-f6e960878b93@w29g2000vba.googlegroups.com>,
 MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 29, 1:03�pm, KDT <scarface...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > Sorry no link. Disregard.
> >
> > http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7install/thread/b36...
>
> Do you have a real cite? Not a forum post?

You mean, like -- say -- Microsoft documentation:

"The internal version number for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 is
6.1."

<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd371754(v=VS.85).aspx>

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan
12/29/2010 6:45:18 PM
In article
<03b36633-e807-4da5-aa30-da26a308cf4c@u3g2000vbj.googlegroups.com>,
 MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 29, 1:40�pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> > In article
> > <5232a161-4b49-4b7f-84e9-f6e960878...@w29g2000vba.googlegroups.com>,
> >

> > �MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Do you have a real cite? Not a forum post?
> >
> > Yeah. Do a "winver" command in a CMD window.
> >
> Why? Random numbers don't bother me. I like using the best, most
> advanced, most desployed, most used, most everything desktop OS in the
> world. You use that bastard step-child banned from the enterprise toy
> OS that nobody else uses. LOL

So you're wrong... ...again.

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan
12/29/2010 6:46:37 PM
On Dec 29, 1:45=A0pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> In article
> <5232a161-4b49-4b7f-84e9-f6e960878...@w29g2000vba.googlegroups.com>,
>

> =A0MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:

Vista,

 BSD
Unix'

> > >http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7install/thread/b36.=
>
> > Do you have a real cite? Not a forum post?
>
> You mean, like -- say -- Microsoft documentation:
>
> "The internal version number for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 is
> 6.1."
>
> <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd371754(v=3DVS.85).aspx>

Good Job! You did it. Here's a cookie. Now find some links that say
how this affects what I do in any way whatsover and why I should care
even the littlest amount?
0
MuahMan
12/29/2010 6:48:36 PM
On Dec 29, 1:46=A0pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> In article
> <03b36633-e807-4da5-aa30-da26a308c...@u3g2000vbj.googlegroups.com>,
>

> =A0MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Dec 29, 1:40 pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> > > In article
> > > <5232a161-4b49-4b7f-84e9-f6e960878...@w29g2000vba.googlegroups.com>,

It's
BSD

> > > Yeah. Do a "winver" command in a CMD window.
>
> > Why? Random numbers don't bother me. I like using the best, most
> > advanced, most desployed, most used, most everything desktop OS in the
> > world. You use that bastard step-child banned from the enterprise toy
> > OS that nobody else uses. LOL
>
> So you're wrong... ...again.

Nope. I'm right.

The market has spoken.

96% for Windows 2% for OS X

LOL 2%  Holy Super Fail

"The PC wars are over, MSFT won a longggg time ago"  Steve Jobs.
0
MuahMan
12/29/2010 6:49:34 PM
In article
<4c7c2d13-c5c0-4264-a69b-421835c51ac2@fo10g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
 MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 29, 1:45�pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> > In article
> > <5232a161-4b49-4b7f-84e9-f6e960878...@w29g2000vba.googlegroups.com>,
> >

> > �MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Do you have a real cite? Not a forum post?
> >
> > You mean, like -- say -- Microsoft documentation:
> >
> > "The internal version number for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 is
> > 6.1."
> >
> > <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd371754(v=VS.85).aspx>
> >
> Good Job! You did it. Here's a cookie. Now find some links that say
> how this affects what I do in any way whatsover and why I should care
> even the littlest amount?

I don't think it does, but you trolls love to go on and on about
"Where's Mac OS XI?", so I thought you'd like to be equally enlightened
about Windows.

Where's the OS to replace NT? You're still using updates to an OS first
released 8 years before Mac OS X and its only really had 3 upgrades; one
of which was an utter failure!

Windows NT 4 (NT 4.x)
Windows 2000/XP (NT 5.x)
Windows Vista/7 (NT 6.x)

It took them 3 years to give NT a half-decent interface (NT 4).

It took them nearly 5 years to give you XP.

It took them 6.5 to build an utter failure (Vista)

And it took them another 2.5 just to fix it (7).

Way to go trolls!

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan
12/29/2010 6:56:34 PM
"The PC wars are over, MSFT won a longggg time ago"  Steve Jobs.
0
MuahMan
12/29/2010 6:58:18 PM
In article
<d6bb93f7-aa9a-4f17-b636-d23460acaf7d@k13g2000vbq.googlegroups.com>,

> > > Why? Random numbers don't bother me. I like using the best, most
> > > advanced, most desployed, most used, most everything desktop OS in the
> > > world. You use that bastard step-child banned from the enterprise toy
> > > OS that nobody else uses. LOL
> >
> > So you're wrong... ...again.
> >
> Nope. I'm right.
>
> The market has spoken.
>
> 96% for Windows 2% for OS X

You've already admitted you were wrong about 2%, Pratt-fall.

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan
12/29/2010 6:58:56 PM
In article
<17321e38-d667-4f97-ae73-1867e4d5e427@q18g2000vbk.googlegroups.com>,
 MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:

> "The PC wars are over, MSFT won a longggg time ago"  Steve Jobs.

Awww...

I didn't realize it was going to hurt you that much, Pratt-fall.

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan
12/29/2010 7:00:13 PM
In article
<efc3adf9-8576-44d0-b275-fe0e88ff2610@u3g2000vbj.googlegroups.com>,
 MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 29, 1:31�pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> > In article <07ydnSOokKPQ5obQnZ2dnUVZ_j-dn...@giganews.com>,
> > �Steve de Mena <st...@stevedemena.com> wrote:

> > > Sorry no content. Disregard.
> >
> > LOL
> >
> > Do you disagree, Steve? If you say you do, I'll produce the appropriate
> > references, because from here it looks very much like you do agree and
> > would like to pretend that you can ignore it.
> >
> I think you're the only one that really cares. But dig up some links
> anyway.

We've seen how much you care, Pratt-fall. You demanded I produce proof
and then started sobbing.

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan
12/29/2010 7:01:59 PM
"Alan Baker" <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote in message
> In article
> <4c7c2d13-c5c0-4264-a69b-421835c51ac2@fo10g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
> MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Dec 29, 1:45 pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
>> > In article
>> > <5232a161-4b49-4b7f-84e9-f6e960878...@w29g2000vba.googlegroups.com>,

>> > You mean, like -- say -- Microsoft documentation:
>> >
>> > "The internal version number for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2
>> > is
>> > 6.1."
>> >
>> > <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd371754(v=VS.85).aspx>
>> >
>> Good Job! You did it. Here's a cookie. Now find some links that say
>> how this affects what I do in any way whatsover and why I should care
>> even the littlest amount?
>
> I don't think it does, but you trolls love to go on and on about
> "Where's Mac OS XI?", so I thought you'd like to be equally enlightened
> about Windows.
>
> Where's the OS to replace NT?

Certainly not in OSX.

> You're still using updates to an OS first
> released 8 years before Mac OS X and its only really had 3 upgrades; one
> of which was an utter failure!
>
> Windows NT 4 (NT 4.x)
> Windows 2000/XP (NT 5.x)
> Windows Vista/7 (NT 6.x)
>
> It took them 3 years to give NT a half-decent interface (NT 4).
>
> It took them nearly 5 years to give you XP.
>
> It took them 6.5 to build an utter failure (Vista)
>
> And it took them another 2.5 just to fix it (7).
>
> Way to go trolls!

Yet Apple still can't get to 4% market share.

--
"I only have one reason for not buying an
iPad: I don't need one." -- Alan Baker

0
Clavicus
12/29/2010 7:08:14 PM
> In article
> <03b36633-e807-4da5-aa30-da26a308cf4c@u3g2000vbj.googlegroups.com>,
> MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Dec 29, 1:40 pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
>> > In article
>> > <5232a161-4b49-4b7f-84e9-f6e960878...@w29g2000vba.googlegroups.com>,

>> > Yeah. Do a "winver" command in a CMD window.
>> >
>> Why? Random numbers don't bother me. I like using the best, most
>> advanced, most desployed, most used, most everything desktop OS in the
>> world. You use that bastard step-child banned from the enterprise toy
>> OS that nobody else uses. LOL
>
> So you're wrong... ...again.

Listen to the assclown.... he thinks he knows what he's talking about.

LOLLERCOASTER

--
"I only have one reason for not buying an
iPad: I don't need one." -- Alan Baker

0
Clavicus
12/29/2010 7:09:36 PM
On Dec 29, 1:49=A0pm, MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 29, 1:46=A0pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
>
> > In article
> > <03b36633-e807-4da5-aa30-da26a308c...@u3g2000vbj.googlegroups.com>,
>
> > =A0MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:

M, etc.'

> > > Why? Random numbers don't bother me. I like using the best, most
> > > advanced, most desployed, most used, most everything desktop OS in th=
> > > world. You use that bastard step-child banned from the enterprise toy
> > > OS that nobody else uses. LOL
>
> > So you're wrong... ...again.
>
> Nope. I'm right.
>
> The market has spoken.

"Huge sales are meaningless"

-Mocassin Joe
0
KDT
12/29/2010 7:09:53 PM
On Dec 29, 1:56=A0pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> In article
> <4c7c2d13-c5c0-4264-a69b-421835c51...@fo10g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
>

> =A0MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Dec 29, 1:45 pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> > > In article
> > > <5232a161-4b49-4b7f-84e9-f6e960878...@w29g2000vba.googlegroups.com>,

It's
BSD

> > > You mean, like -- say -- Microsoft documentation:
>
> > > "The internal version number for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2=
 is
> > > 6.1."
>
> > > <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd371754(v=3DVS.85).aspx>
>
> > Good Job! You did it. Here's a cookie. Now find some links that say
> > how this affects what I do in any way whatsover and why I should care
> > even the littlest amount?
>
> I don't think it does, but you trolls love to go on and on about
> "Where's Mac OS XI?", so I thought you'd like to be equally enlightened
> about Windows.
>
> Where's the OS to replace NT? You're still using updates to an OS first
> released 8 years before Mac OS X and its only really had 3 upgrades; one
> of which was an utter failure!
>
> Windows NT 4 (NT 4.x)
> Windows 2000/XP (NT 5.x)
> Windows Vista/7 (NT 6.x)
>
> It took them 3 years to give NT a half-decent interface (NT 4).
>
> It took them nearly 5 years to give you XP.
>
> It took them 6.5 to build an utter failure (Vista)
>
> And it took them another 2.5 just to fix it (7).
>
> Way to go trolls!

Following the above Microsoft lead, then the answer to the Trolls'
classical "Where's Mac OS XI?" is that it came out back in 2001.

Of course, Mac OS XI was then followed by Mac OS XII in 2002.  And Mac
OS XII was followed by Mac OS XIII in 2003, which was replaced by Mac
OS XIV in 2005, and that was replaced again with Mac OS XV in 2007 and
then again with Mac OS XVI in 2009.  Which means that Mac OS XVII is
what's scheduled for release in 2011.

When is Windows 8 due for release?

2012, if you believe year-old roadmap claims:
<http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/353491/windows-8-set-for-2012-release>

Of course, some do have things to say about that timeline, such as
"...or later":
<http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=3D/g/a/2010/12/21/
businessinsider-windows-8-for-tablets-too-late-2010-12.DTL>

It sounds likely that MS is once again waiting for Apple to ship
before they start up their UI copiers in earnest...

-hh
0
hh
12/29/2010 7:11:51 PM
In article <ifg0v0$npl$1@news.albasani.net>,
 "Clavicus Vile" <clavicus.vile@oblivion.org> wrote:

> "Alan Baker" <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote in message
> > In article
> > <4c7c2d13-c5c0-4264-a69b-421835c51ac2@fo10g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,
> > MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Good Job! You did it. Here's a cookie. Now find some links that say
> >> how this affects what I do in any way whatsover and why I should care
> >> even the littlest amount?
> >
> > I don't think it does, but you trolls love to go on and on about
> > "Where's Mac OS XI?", so I thought you'd like to be equally enlightened
> > about Windows.
> >
> > Where's the OS to replace NT?
>
> Certainly not in OSX.

More and more people disagree with you.

Macs are now past 10% market share in the U.S.

> > You're still using updates to an OS first
> > released 8 years before Mac OS X and its only really had 3 upgrades; one
> > of which was an utter failure!
> >
> > Windows NT 4 (NT 4.x)
> > Windows 2000/XP (NT 5.x)
> > Windows Vista/7 (NT 6.x)
> >
> > It took them 3 years to give NT a half-decent interface (NT 4).
> >
> > It took them nearly 5 years to give you XP.
> >
> > It took them 6.5 to build an utter failure (Vista)
> >
> > And it took them another 2.5 just to fix it (7).
> >
> > Way to go trolls!
>
> Yet Apple still can't get to 4% market share.

It can because it already has!

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan
12/29/2010 7:21:20 PM
In article <ifg11h$nrr$1@news.albasani.net>,
 "Clavicus Vile" <clavicus.vile@oblivion.org> wrote:

> "Alan Baker" <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote in message
> > In article
> > <03b36633-e807-4da5-aa30-da26a308cf4c@u3g2000vbj.googlegroups.com>,
> > MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Why? Random numbers don't bother me. I like using the best, most
> >> advanced, most desployed, most used, most everything desktop OS in the
> >> world. You use that bastard step-child banned from the enterprise toy
> >> OS that nobody else uses. LOL
> >
> > So you're wrong... ...again.
>
> Listen to the assclown.... he thinks he knows what he's talking about.

As Pratt-fall has already admitted (and you also tacitly admitted it in
your previous post when you said that OSX won't be replacing NT) that
I'm right!

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan
12/29/2010 7:22:09 PM
"KDT" <scarface_74@yahoo.com> wrote in message
On Dec 29, 1:49 pm, MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 29, 1:46 pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
>
> > In article
> > <03b36633-e807-4da5-aa30-da26a308c...@u3g2000vbj.googlegroups.com>,
>
> > MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Why? Random numbers don't bother me. I like using the best, most
> > > advanced, most desployed, most used, most everything desktop OS in the
> > > world. You use that bastard step-child banned from the enterprise toy
> > > OS that nobody else uses. LOL
>
> > So you're wrong... ...again.
>
> Nope. I'm right.
>
> The market has spoken.

"Huge iPhone sales are meaningless"

- KDT
LOLLERCOASTER

0
Clavicus
12/29/2010 7:23:35 PM
In article <ifg1rn$per$1@news.albasani.net>,
 "Clavicus Vile" <clavicus.vile@oblivion.org> wrote:

> "KDT" <scarface_74@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On Dec 29, 1:49 pm, MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Dec 29, 1:46 pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> >
> > > In article
> > > <03b36633-e807-4da5-aa30-da26a308c...@u3g2000vbj.googlegroups.com>,

> > > So you're wrong... ...again.
> >
> > Nope. I'm right.
> >
> > The market has spoken.
> >

> "Huge iPhone sales are meaningless"

LOL

Your bias so delightfully exposed!

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan
12/29/2010 7:27:30 PM
> In article <ifg1rn$per$1@news.albasani.net>,
> "Clavicus Vile" <clavicus.vile@oblivion.org> wrote:
>
>> "KDT" <scarface_74@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> > Nope. I'm right.
>> >
>> > The market has spoken.
>> >

>> "Huge iPhone sales are meaningless"
>
> LOL
>
> Your bias so delightfully exposed!

AB exposed KDT's bias!   Oh no!

LOLLERCOASTER

--
"I only have one reason for not buying an
iPad: I don't need one." -- Alan Baker

0
Clavicus
12/29/2010 7:32:35 PM
> In article <ifg11h$nrr$1@news.albasani.net>,
> "Clavicus Vile" <clavicus.vile@oblivion.org> wrote:
>
>> "Alan Baker" <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote in message
>> > In article
>> > <03b36633-e807-4da5-aa30-da26a308cf4c@u3g2000vbj.googlegroups.com>,

>> > So you're wrong... ...again.
>>
>> Listen to the assclown.... he thinks he knows what he's talking about.
>
> As Pratt-fall has already admitted (and you also tacitly admitted it in
> your previous post when you said that OSX won't be replacing NT) that
> I'm right!

LOLLERCOASTER

fucking dunce

--
'So if you're intelligent and doing better
than "poor", you get a Mac.' -- Tim Murray

0
Clavicus
12/29/2010 7:33:56 PM
> In article <ifg0v0$npl$1@news.albasani.net>,
> "Clavicus Vile" <clavicus.vile@oblivion.org> wrote:
>
>> "Alan Baker" <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote in message
>> > In article
>> > <4c7c2d13-c5c0-4264-a69b-421835c51ac2@fo10g2000vbb.googlegroups.com>,

>> > I don't think it does, but you trolls love to go on and on about
>> > "Where's Mac OS XI?", so I thought you'd like to be equally enlightened
>> > about Windows.
>> >
>> > Where's the OS to replace NT?
>>
>> Certainly not in OSX.
>
> More and more people disagree with you.

At least a dozen more voices in your head already?

> Macs are now past 10% market share in the U.S.

bullshit

>> > You're still using updates to an OS first
>> > released 8 years before Mac OS X and its only really had 3 upgrades;
>> > one
>> > of which was an utter failure!
>> >
>> > Windows NT 4 (NT 4.x)
>> > Windows 2000/XP (NT 5.x)
>> > Windows Vista/7 (NT 6.x)
>> >
>> > It took them 3 years to give NT a half-decent interface (NT 4).
>> >
>> > It took them nearly 5 years to give you XP.
>> >
>> > It took them 6.5 to build an utter failure (Vista)
>> >
>> > And it took them another 2.5 just to fix it (7).
>> >
>> > Way to go trolls!
>>
>> Yet Apple still can't get to 4% market share.
>
> It can because it already has!

bullshit

--
'So if you're intelligent and doing better
than "poor", you get a Mac.' -- Tim Murray

0
Clavicus
12/29/2010 7:36:15 PM
In article <ifg2ck$q7s$1@news.albasani.net>,
 "Clavicus Vile" <clavicus.vile@oblivion.org> wrote:

> "Alan Baker" <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote in message
> > In article <ifg1rn$per$1@news.albasani.net>,
> > "Clavicus Vile" <clavicus.vile@oblivion.org> wrote:
> >
> >> "KDT" <scarface_74@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >> "Huge iPhone sales are meaningless"
> >
> > LOL
> >
> > Your bias so delightfully exposed!
>
> AB exposed KDT's bias!   Oh no!

Did I? Did KDT declare huge sales by one company but not by another to
be meaningless without explaining why?

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan
12/29/2010 7:47:05 PM
In article <ifg2jg$qku$1@news.albasani.net>,

> >> Certainly not in OSX.
> >
> > More and more people disagree with you.
>
> At least a dozen more voices in your head already?
>
> > Macs are now past 10% market share in the U.S.
>
> bullshit

<sigh>

Edwin, Edwin: this never ends well for you...

Q3, 2010

Gartner:

"Company    3Q10 Shipments    3Q10 Market Share (%)
HP             4,459,473            25.3
Dell           4,188,688            23.8
Acer           1,848,511            10.5
Apple          1,831,664            10.4"

<http://www.gartner.com/it/page.jsp?id=1451742>

IDC (shipments in thousands):

"Rank    Vendor      3Q10 Shipments    Share
1        HP                4,591       24.3%
2        Dell              4,352       23.1%
3        Apple             1,999       10.6%"

<http://www.idc.com/about/viewpressrelease.jsp?containerId=prUS22531110&s
ectionId=null&elementId=null&pageType=SYNOPSIS>

> >> Yet Apple still can't get to 4% market share.
> >
> > It can because it already has!
>
> bullshit

Already posted, Edwin:

<alangbaker-6C3B7C.14453229122010@news.datemas.de>

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan
12/29/2010 7:55:51 PM

>> > More and more people disagree with you.
>>
>> At least a dozen more voices in your head already?
>>
>> > Macs are now past 10% market share in the U.S.
>>
>> bullshit
>

> <sigh>

LOLLERCOASTER

fucking dunce

--
"I only have one reason for not buying an
iPad: I don't need one." -- Alan Baker

0
Clavicus
12/29/2010 8:13:46 PM
In article <ifg4pq$u2r$1@news.albasani.net>,
 "Clavicus Vile" <clavicus.vile@oblivion.org> wrote:

> "Alan Baker" <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote in message

> >> At least a dozen more voices in your head already?

> >> bullshit
> >

> > <sigh>
>
> LOLLERCOASTER
>
> fucking dunce

The only answer you've got for the facts, Edwin?

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan
12/29/2010 8:14:48 PM
> In article <ifg2ck$q7s$1@news.albasani.net>,
> "Clavicus Vile" <clavicus.vile@oblivion.org> wrote:
>
>> "Alan Baker" <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote in message

>> > LOL
>> >
>> > Your bias so delightfully exposed!
>>
>> AB exposed KDT's bias!   Oh no!
>
> Did I?

Yes.

> Did KDT declare huge sales by one company but not by another to
> be meaningless without explaining why?

Yes.

LOLLERCOASTER

fucking dunce

--
"I only have one reason for not buying an
iPad: I don't need one." -- Alan Baker

0
Clavicus
12/29/2010 8:17:44 PM
> In article <ifg4pq$u2r$1@news.albasani.net>,
> "Clavicus Vile" <clavicus.vile@oblivion.org> wrote:
>
>> "Alan Baker" <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote in message

>> > <sigh>
>>
>> LOLLERCOASTER
>>
>> fucking dunce
>
> The only answer you've got for the facts, Edwin?

HOOOT!!!

--
"I only have one reason for not buying an
iPad: I don't need one." -- Alan Baker

0
Clavicus
12/29/2010 8:18:58 PM
In article <ifg518$udj$1@news.albasani.net>,
 "Clavicus Vile" <clavicus.vile@oblivion.org> wrote:

> "Alan Baker" <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote in message
> > In article <ifg2ck$q7s$1@news.albasani.net>,
> > "Clavicus Vile" <clavicus.vile@oblivion.org> wrote:
> >
> >> "Alan Baker" <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote in message

> >> AB exposed KDT's bias!   Oh no!
> >
> > Did I?
>
> Yes.
>
> > Did KDT declare huge sales by one company but not by another to
> > be meaningless without explaining why?

Let's see the quote?

--
"The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" --
"I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone
"It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X)
'[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' --
'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the
IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM)
'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included
on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun)
0
Alan
12/29/2010 8:19:08 PM
In article <ifg53i$uf3$1@news.albasani.net>,
 "Clavicus Vile" <clavicus.vile@oblivion.org> wrote:

> "Alan Baker" <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote in message
> > In article <ifg4pq$u2r$1@news.albasani.net>,
> > "Clavicus Vile" <clavicus.vile@oblivion.org> wrote:
> >
> >> "Alan Baker" <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote in message

> >> LOLLERCOASTER
> >>
> >> fucking dunce
> >
> > The only answer you've got for the facts, Edwin?
>
> HOOOT!!!

Troll ROADKILL

--
Sandman[.net]
0

<www.alan.baker.go.fuck.yourself.com>

--
"I only have one reason for not buying an
iPad: I don't need one." -- Alan Baker

0
Clavicus
12/29/2010 11:28:41 PM
"Sandman" <mr@sandman.net> wrote in message
> In article <ifg53i$uf3$1@news.albasani.net>,
> "Clavicus Vile" <clavicus.vile@oblivion.org> wrote:
>
>> "Alan Baker" <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote in message

>> > The only answer you've got for the facts, Edwin?
>>
>> HOOOT!!!
>
> Santa didn't bring the gift I asked for.   I wanted a bullet in my head.

Poor guy.

HOOOT!!!!

--
"I only have one reason for not buying an
iPad: I don't need one." -- Alan Baker

0
Clavicus
1/3/2011 8:09:13 PM
> In article <07ydnSOokKPQ5obQnZ2dnUVZ_j-dnZ2d@giganews.com>,
> Steve de Mena <steve@stevedemena.com> wrote:
>
>> On 12/29/10 1:00 PM, Alan Baker wrote:
>> > Ignoring the DOS-based Windows versions, the first available version of
>> > NT was numbered NT 3.x, so it was really NT 1.x
>> >
>> > NT 4.x gave it essentiall the same UI as Windows 95.
>> >
>> > NT 5.0x was given the marketing name Windows 2000 and then later became
>> > Windows XP (5.1x)
>> >
>> > Vista was NT 6.x and to show you how different Windows 7 is from Vista,
>> > it only got to be NT 6.01.
>> >
>> > There you go trolls: you're using the third point release of Windows
>> > NT!
>> >

>> Sorry no content. Disregard.
>
> LOL
>
> Do you disagree, Steve? If you say you do, I'll produce the appropriate
> references, because from here it looks very much like you do agree and
> would like to pretend that you can ignore it.

Now that you've got us all scared, go ahead and carry out your threat of