Windows, Windows everywhere

where do I see Windows?

In my car (GPS)
In my house (3 laptops)
In my banks (all 3 of them where I bank)
In the grocery stores (Point of Sale systems)
In the airport (reservations and ticketing)
In the doctor's office (appointments and bookkeeping)
In my dentist's office (appointments and bookkeeping)
At the car dealership (repair shop reservations and billing)
At the Vail lift ticket sales window (Point of Sale systems)
In my customer's offices (enterprise apps)
In the university (faculty, students and administration)

in other words, everywhere.

Where do I see Macs?

A few lonely laptops...

Must be that 97% of the world is totally stupid and only 3% is
"enlightened".

TT
0
tom_elam (3218)

In article
<32d29944-0164-4716-927e-2be8386d6c0b@s20g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,
 Tommy Troll <tom_elam@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Where do I see Windows?
>
> In my car (GPS)
> In my house (3 laptops)
> In my banks (all 3 of them where I bank)
> In the grocery stores (Point of Sale systems)
> In the airport (reservations and ticketing)
> In the doctor's office (appointments and bookkeeping)
> In my dentist's office (appointments and bookkeeping)
> At the car dealership (repair shop reservations and billing)
> At the Vail lift ticket sales window (Point of Sale systems)
> In my customer's offices (enterprise apps)
> In the university (faculty, students and administration)
>
> In other words, everywhere.
>
> Where do I see Macs?
>
> A few lonely laptops.
>
> Must be that 97% of the world is totally stupid and only 3% is
> "enlightened."
>
> TT

Par for the course of being Microsoft drones.
0
t-bone2 (2779)
12/1/2008 4:52:01 PM
In article
<32d29944-0164-4716-927e-2be8386d6c0b@s20g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,
 Tommy Troll <tom_elam@earthlink.net> wrote:

> where do I see Windows?
>
> In my car (GPS)
> In my house (3 laptops)
> In my banks (all 3 of them where I bank)
> In the grocery stores (Point of Sale systems)
> In the airport (reservations and ticketing)
> In the doctor's office (appointments and bookkeeping)
> In my dentist's office (appointments and bookkeeping)
> At the car dealership (repair shop reservations and billing)
> At the Vail lift ticket sales window (Point of Sale systems)
> In my customer's offices (enterprise apps)
> In the university (faculty, students and administration)
>
> in other words, everywhere.
>
> Where do I see Macs?
>
> A few lonely laptops...
>
> Must be that 97% of the world is totally stupid and only 3% is
> "enlightened".
>
> TT

8.87%, Tommy. That's November's share of the browsing "market".

Up from 3.23% four years ago.

<http://marketshare.hitslink.com/os-market-share.aspx?qprid=9#>

More importantly, the Mac's share has risen from about 1 Mac for every
30 Windows machines browsing the web to 1 Mac for every 10 Windows
machines.

Your fellow trolls have already admitted the validity of these numbers,
BTW.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
On Dec 1, 1:21=A0pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> In article
> <32d29944-0164-4716-927e-2be8386d6...@s20g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,
> =A0Tommy Troll <tom_e...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>

> > where do I see Windows?
>
> > In my car (GPS)
> > In my house (3 laptops)
> > In my banks (all 3 of them where I bank)
> > In the grocery stores (Point of Sale systems)
> > In the airport (reservations and ticketing)
> > In the doctor's office (appointments and bookkeeping)
> > In my dentist's office (appointments and bookkeeping)
> > At the car dealership (repair shop reservations and billing)
> > At the Vail lift ticket sales window (Point of Sale systems)
> > In my customer's offices (enterprise apps)
> > In the university (faculty, students and administration)
>
> > in other words, everywhere.
>
> > Where do I see Macs?
>
> > A few lonely laptops...
>
> > Must be that 97% of the world is totally stupid and only 3% is
> > "enlightened".
>
> > TT
>
> 8.87%, Tommy. That's November's share of the browsing "market".
>
> Up from 3.23% four years ago.
>
> <http://marketshare.hitslink.com/os-market-share.aspx?qprid=3D9#>
>
> More importantly, the Mac's share has risen from about 1 Mac for every
> 30 Windows machines browsing the web to 1 Mac for every 10 Windows
> machines.
>
> Your fellow trolls have already admitted the validity of these numbers,
> BTW.
>
> --
> Alan Baker
> Vancouver, British Columbia
> <http://gallery.me.com/alangbaker/100008/DSCF0162/web.jpg>- Hide quoted t=
ext -

I am confident. That if I live to be 183 years old and am living on
Mars. That around that time; Apple will catch MSFT in market share.
0
muahman (3479)
12/1/2008 6:47:16 PM
I see Macs coming to the White House, in about 60 days.
0
cwkollertwo (395)
12/1/2008 6:54:54 PM
In article
<915a1226-c05c-4871-b7d5-835107265d1b@w3g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>,
 MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am confident. That if I live to be 183 years old and am living on
> Mars. That around that time; Apple will catch MSFT in market share.

If Microskank is still around.
0
t-bone2 (2779)
12/1/2008 6:58:58 PM
In article
<915a1226-c05c-4871-b7d5-835107265d1b@w3g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>,
 MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 1, 1:21�pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> > In article
> > <32d29944-0164-4716-927e-2be8386d6...@s20g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,
> > �Tommy Troll <tom_e...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> >

> > > where do I see Windows?
> >
> > > In my car (GPS)
> > > In my house (3 laptops)
> > > In my banks (all 3 of them where I bank)
> > > In the grocery stores (Point of Sale systems)
> > > In the airport (reservations and ticketing)
> > > In the doctor's office (appointments and bookkeeping)
> > > In my dentist's office (appointments and bookkeeping)
> > > At the car dealership (repair shop reservations and billing)
> > > At the Vail lift ticket sales window (Point of Sale systems)
> > > In my customer's offices (enterprise apps)
> > > In the university (faculty, students and administration)
> >
> > > in other words, everywhere.
> >
> > > Where do I see Macs?
> >
> > > A few lonely laptops...
> >
> > > Must be that 97% of the world is totally stupid and only 3% is
> > > "enlightened".
> >
> > > TT
> >
> > 8.87%, Tommy. That's November's share of the browsing "market".
> >
> > Up from 3.23% four years ago.
> >
> > <http://marketshare.hitslink.com/os-market-share.aspx?qprid=9#>
> >
> > More importantly, the Mac's share has risen from about 1 Mac for every
> > 30 Windows machines browsing the web to 1 Mac for every 10 Windows
> > machines.
> >
> > Your fellow trolls have already admitted the validity of these numbers,
> > BTW.
> >
> > --
> > Alan Baker
> > Vancouver, British Columbia
> > <http://gallery.me.com/alangbaker/100008/DSCF0162/web.jpg>- Hide quoted
> > text -

> I am confident. That if I live to be 183 years old and am living on
> Mars. That around that time; Apple will catch MSFT in market share.

Wow.

So in addition to have received a poor education in logic, you're also
innumerate.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
<http://gallery.me.com/alangbaker/100008/DSCF0162/web.jpg>
0
alangbaker (17682)
12/1/2008 7:00:27 PM
On Dec 1, 1:58=A0pm, Chance Furlong <t-b...@megakatcity.com> wrote:
> In article
> <915a1226-c05c-4871-b7d5-835107265...@w3g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>,
>
> =A0MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am confident. That if I live to be 183 years old and am living on
> > Mars. That around that time; Apple will catch MSFT in market share.
>
> If Microskank is still around.

The point being none of you Mactards will be around to see Apple be a
real player in the OS market.  Half of you tards are probably on
Flomax already.
0
muahman (3479)
12/1/2008 7:47:15 PM
In article
<19d07829-9306-493c-9915-da1d896a8b75@s20g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,
 MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 1, 1:58�pm, Chance Furlong <t-b...@megakatcity.com> wrote:
> > In article
> > <915a1226-c05c-4871-b7d5-835107265...@w3g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>,
> >
> > �MuahMan <muah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I am confident. That if I live to be 183 years old and am living on
> > > Mars. That around that time; Apple will catch MSFT in market share.
> >
> > If Microskank is still around.
>
> The point being none of you Mactards will be around to see Apple be a
> real player in the OS market. Half of you tards are probably on
> Flomax already.

Get psychological help and quit projecting your shortcomings to others.
0
t-bone2 (2779)
12/1/2008 8:40:51 PM
"Alan Baker" <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote in message
> In article
> <32d29944-0164-4716-927e-2be8386d6c0b@s20g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,
> Tommy Troll <tom_elam@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> where do I see Windows?
>>
>> In my car (GPS)
>> In my house (3 laptops)
>> In my banks (all 3 of them where I bank)
>> In the grocery stores (Point of Sale systems)
>> In the airport (reservations and ticketing)
>> In the doctor's office (appointments and bookkeeping)
>> In my dentist's office (appointments and bookkeeping)
>> At the car dealership (repair shop reservations and billing)
>> At the Vail lift ticket sales window (Point of Sale systems)
>> In my customer's offices (enterprise apps)
>> In the university (faculty, students and administration)
>>
>> in other words, everywhere.
>>
>> Where do I see Macs?
>>
>> A few lonely laptops...
>>
>> Must be that 97% of the world is totally stupid and only 3% is
>> "enlightened".
>>
>> TT
>
> 8.87%, Tommy. That's November's share of the browsing "market".

American Market share.

> Up from 3.23% four years ago.

3.2% world market share today.

>snip distortions

0
D.Warfield (84)
12/1/2008 11:22:56 PM
In article <gd_Yk.3265$ba6.185@bignews9.bellsouth.net>,
 "Daddy Warbucks" <D.Warfield@verizon.com> wrote:

> "Alan Baker" <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote in message
> > In article
> > <32d29944-0164-4716-927e-2be8386d6c0b@s20g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,
> > Tommy Troll <tom_elam@earthlink.net> wrote:
> >
> >> where do I see Windows?
> >>
> >> In my car (GPS)
> >> In my house (3 laptops)
> >> In my banks (all 3 of them where I bank)
> >> In the grocery stores (Point of Sale systems)
> >> In the airport (reservations and ticketing)
> >> In the doctor's office (appointments and bookkeeping)
> >> In my dentist's office (appointments and bookkeeping)
> >> At the car dealership (repair shop reservations and billing)
> >> At the Vail lift ticket sales window (Point of Sale systems)
> >> In my customer's offices (enterprise apps)
> >> In the university (faculty, students and administration)
> >>
> >> in other words, everywhere.
> >>
> >> Where do I see Macs?
> >>
> >> A few lonely laptops...
> >>
> >> Must be that 97% of the world is totally stupid and only 3% is
> >> "enlightened".
> >>
> >> TT
> >
> > 8.87%, Tommy. That's November's share of the browsing "market".
>
> American Market share.

Wrong...

....again.

That is a worldwide figure for what percentage of web browsing is
happening from what platform. It's higher because it reflects the fact
that there are lots of PCs sold that aren't actually used as personal
computers; instead being used for industrial/commercial/technical
purposes where they aren't really "personal" at all.

> > Up from 3.23% four years ago.
>
> 3.2% world market share today.
>
> >snip distortions

LOL

No distortions, at all, zara.

Just the simple facts:

4 years ago, Macs in use as personal computers made up 1/30th of the
mix, now it's 1/10th. That's a tremendous difference in terms of
visibility.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
<http://gallery.me.com/alangbaker/100008/DSCF0162/web.jpg>
0
alangbaker (17682)
12/2/2008 1:43:59 AM
On Dec 1, 1:21=A0pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> In article
> <32d29944-0164-4716-927e-2be8386d6...@s20g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,
> =A0Tommy Troll <tom_e...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>

> > where do I see Windows?
>
> > In my car (GPS)
> > In my house (3 laptops)
> > In my banks (all 3 of them where I bank)
> > In the grocery stores (Point of Sale systems)
> > In the airport (reservations and ticketing)
> > In the doctor's office (appointments and bookkeeping)
> > In my dentist's office (appointments and bookkeeping)
> > At the car dealership (repair shop reservations and billing)
> > At the Vail lift ticket sales window (Point of Sale systems)
> > In my customer's offices (enterprise apps)
> > In the university (faculty, students and administration)
>
> > in other words, everywhere.
>
> > Where do I see Macs?
>
> > A few lonely laptops...
>
> > Must be that 97% of the world is totally stupid and only 3% is
> > "enlightened".
>
> > TT
>
> 8.87%, Tommy. That's November's share of the browsing "market".
>
> Up from 3.23% four years ago.
>
> <http://marketshare.hitslink.com/os-market-share.aspx?qprid=3D9#>
>
> More importantly, the Mac's share has risen from about 1 Mac for every
> 30 Windows machines browsing the web to 1 Mac for every 10 Windows
> machines.
>
> Your fellow trolls have already admitted the validity of these numbers,
> BTW.
>
> --
> Alan Baker
> Vancouver, British Columbia
> <http://gallery.me.com/alangbaker/100008/DSCF0162/web.jpg>- Hide quoted t=
ext -

Dudette, 8.87 is one in 11.3, not one in 10.

You did also fail to point out this important note on that web site:

"Statistical factors in November increased relative residential vs.
corporate usage.  This caused Mac, Safari, Firefox and other products
with high residential usage to post one-time gains."  http://marketshare.hi=
tslink.com/

Idiot

0
tom_elam (3218)
12/2/2008 2:02:35 AM
On Dec 1, 1:54=A0pm, Craig Koller <cwkoller...@netscape.net> wrote:
> I see Macs coming to the White House, in about 60 days.

Coming, they are already there.  How do you think we got into this
mess?
0
tom_elam (3218)
12/2/2008 2:04:39 AM
In article
<93f03bf4-54c2-49e4-b3e3-e0bf48de8d71@j39g2000yqn.googlegroups.com>,
 Tommy Troll <tom_elam@earthlink.net> wrote:

> On Dec 1, 1:21�pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> > In article
> > <32d29944-0164-4716-927e-2be8386d6...@s20g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,
> > �Tommy Troll <tom_e...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> >

> > > where do I see Windows?
> >
> > > In my car (GPS)
> > > In my house (3 laptops)
> > > In my banks (all 3 of them where I bank)
> > > In the grocery stores (Point of Sale systems)
> > > In the airport (reservations and ticketing)
> > > In the doctor's office (appointments and bookkeeping)
> > > In my dentist's office (appointments and bookkeeping)
> > > At the car dealership (repair shop reservations and billing)
> > > At the Vail lift ticket sales window (Point of Sale systems)
> > > In my customer's offices (enterprise apps)
> > > In the university (faculty, students and administration)
> >
> > > in other words, everywhere.
> >
> > > Where do I see Macs?
> >
> > > A few lonely laptops...
> >
> > > Must be that 97% of the world is totally stupid and only 3% is
> > > "enlightened".
> >
> > > TT
> >
> > 8.87%, Tommy. That's November's share of the browsing "market".
> >
> > Up from 3.23% four years ago.
> >
> > <http://marketshare.hitslink.com/os-market-share.aspx?qprid=9#>
> >
> > More importantly, the Mac's share has risen from about 1 Mac for every
> > 30 Windows machines browsing the web to 1 Mac for every 10 Windows
> > machines.
> >
> > Your fellow trolls have already admitted the validity of these numbers,
> > BTW.
> >
> > --
> > Alan Baker
> > Vancouver, British Columbia
> > <http://gallery.me.com/alangbaker/100008/DSCF0162/web.jpg>- Hide quoted
> > text -

> Dudette, 8.87 is one in 11.3, not one in 10.

That's comparing 8.87 to 100. I was comparing the percentage of Macs to
the percentage of Windows machines.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
<http://gallery.me.com/alangbaker/100008/DSCF0162/web.jpg>
0
alangbaker (17682)
12/2/2008 3:26:30 AM
and Tommy Lame can't think :)
--
making Usenet safer - one troll at a time!
0
> In article <gd_Yk.3265$ba6.185@bignews9.bellsouth.net>,
> "Daddy Warbucks" <D.Warfield@verizon.com> wrote:
>
>> "Alan Baker" <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote in message
>> > In article
>> > <32d29944-0164-4716-927e-2be8386d6c0b@s20g2000yqh.googlegroups.com>,

>> > 8.87%, Tommy. That's November's share of the browsing "market".
>>
>> American Market share.
>
> Wrong...
>
> ...again.
>
> That is a worldwide figure for what percentage of web browsing is
> happening from what platform. It's higher because it reflects the fact
> that there are lots of PCs sold that aren't actually used as personal
> computers; instead being used for industrial/commercial/technical
> purposes where they aren't really "personal" at all.
>

>> > Up from 3.23% four years ago.
>>
>> 3.2% world market share today.
>>
>> >snip distortions
>
> LOL
>
> No distortions, at all, zara.
>
> Just the simple facts:
>
> 4 years ago, Macs in use as personal computers made up 1/30th of the
> mix, now it's 1/10th. That's a tremendous difference in terms of
> visibility.

Links?

0
DanTash (9)
12/2/2008 9:28:47 PM
In article <0JhZk.2891$M01.1442@bignews3.bellsouth.net>,
 "Daddy Warbuck" <DanTash@comcast.net> wrote:

> "Alan Baker" <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote in message
> > In article <gd_Yk.3265$ba6.185@bignews9.bellsouth.net>,
> > "Daddy Warbucks" <D.Warfield@verizon.com> wrote:
> >
> >> "Alan Baker" <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote in message

> >> American Market share.
> >
> > Wrong...
> >
> > ...again.
> >
> > That is a worldwide figure for what percentage of web browsing is
> > happening from what platform. It's higher because it reflects the fact
> > that there are lots of PCs sold that aren't actually used as personal
> > computers; instead being used for industrial/commercial/technical
> > purposes where they aren't really "personal" at all.

> >> 3.2% world market share today.

> > LOL
> >
> > No distortions, at all, zara.
> >
> > Just the simple facts:
> >
> > 4 years ago, Macs in use as personal computers made up 1/30th of the
> > mix, now it's 1/10th. That's a tremendous difference in terms of
> > visibility.
>
> Links?

Already given, but since it's so easy...

<http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=9>

Windows: 89.62%, Macs: 8.87%.

And since you're apparently innumerate: 89.62/8.87 = 10.10, or about 1
Mac for every 10 Windows machines.

Compare that to 4 years ago:

<http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=9&qpdt=1&qpct=4&qptime
frame=M&qpsp=64&qpnp=11>

Windows: 96.37%, Macs: 3.23%, or 1 Mac for every 96.37/3.23 = 29.84 ~=
30 Windows machines.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
<http://gallery.me.com/alangbaker/100008/DSCF0162/web.jpg>
0
alangbaker (17682)
12/2/2008 9:35:24 PM
> In article <0JhZk.2891$M01.1442@bignews3.bellsouth.net>,
> "Daddy Warbuck" <DanTash@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> "Alan Baker" <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote in message

>> > Wrong...
>> >
>> > ...again.
>> >
>> > That is a worldwide figure for what percentage of web browsing is
>> > happening from what platform. It's higher because it reflects the fact
>> > that there are lots of PCs sold that aren't actually used as personal
>> > computers; instead being used for industrial/commercial/technical
>> > purposes where they aren't really "personal" at all.

>> > LOL
>> >
>> > No distortions, at all, zara.
>> >
>> > Just the simple facts:
>> >
>> > 4 years ago, Macs in use as personal computers made up 1/30th of the
>> > mix, now it's 1/10th. That's a tremendous difference in terms of
>> > visibility.
>>
>> Links?
>
> Already given, but since it's so easy...
>
> <http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=9>
>
> Windows: 89.62%, Macs: 8.87%.
>
> And since you're apparently innumerate: 89.62/8.87 = 10.10, or about 1
> Mac for every 10 Windows machines.
>
> Compare that to 4 years ago:
>
> <http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=9&qpdt=1&qpct=4&qptime
> frame=M&qpsp=64&qpnp=11>
>
> Windows: 96.37%, Macs: 3.23%, or 1 Mac for every 96.37/3.23 = 29.84 ~=
> 30 Windows machines.

Those are US figures.

Here are world figures;

http://www.cio.com/article/336868/Apple_Takes_._Percent_Share_of_US_PC_Market

http://community.winsupersite.com/blogs/paul/archive/2008/04/24/mac-q1-2008-market-share-3-26-percent-worldwide-6-26-percent-in-the-us.aspx

0
DanTash (9)
12/3/2008 12:12:43 AM
In article <C3kZk.2948$dc4.1746@bignews2.bellsouth.net>,
 "Daddy Warbuck" <DanTash@comcast.net> wrote:

> "Alan Baker" <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote in message
> > In article <0JhZk.2891$M01.1442@bignews3.bellsouth.net>,
> > "Daddy Warbuck" <DanTash@comcast.net> wrote:
> >
> >> "Alan Baker" <alangbaker@telus.net> wrote in message

> >> Links?
> >
> > Already given, but since it's so easy...
> >
> > <http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=9>
> >
> > Windows: 89.62%, Macs: 8.87%.
> >
> > And since you're apparently innumerate: 89.62/8.87 = 10.10, or about 1
> > Mac for every 10 Windows machines.
> >
> > Compare that to 4 years ago:
> >
> > <http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=9&qpdt=1&qpct=4&qptime
> > frame=M&qpsp=64&qpnp=11>
> >
> > Windows: 96.37%, Macs: 3.23%, or 1 Mac for every 96.37/3.23 = 29.84 ~=
> > 30 Windows machines.
>
> Those are US figures.

You have a link for that? I'm betting that you won't.

> Here are world figures;
>
> http://www.cio.com/article/336868/Apple_Takes_._Percent_Share_of_US_PC_Market
>

> http://community.winsupersite.com/blogs/paul/archive/2008/04/24/mac-q1-2008-ma
> rket-share-3-26-percent-worldwide-6-26-percent-in-the-us.aspx

Yes, those reflect *sales* of *hardware*.

Macs are almost exclusively used as actual personal computers. What are
typically called "PCs" are used in many cases for purposes other than
personal computing.

If you compare then number of iPhones sold to all phones of all types,
it's percentage probably isn't very large either.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
<http://gallery.me.com/alangbaker/100008/DSCF0162/web.jpg>
0
alangbaker (17682)
12/3/2008 12:17:53 AM
On Dec 2, 7:17=A0pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote:
> In article <C3kZk.2948$dc4.1...@bignews2.bellsouth.net>,
> =A0"Daddy Warbuck" <DanT...@comcast.net> wrote:
>

> > "Alan Baker" <alangba...@telus.net> wrote in message

> > > Already given, but since it's so easy...
>
> > > <http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=3D9>
>
> > > Windows: 89.62%, Macs: 8.87%.
>
> > > And since you're apparently innumerate: 89.62/8.87 =3D 10.10, or abou=
t 1
> > > Mac for every 10 Windows machines.
>
> > > Compare that to 4 years ago:
>
> > > <http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=3D9&qpdt=3D1&qpct=
=3D4&qptime
> > > frame=3DM&qpsp=3D64&qpnp=3D11>
>
> > > Windows: 96.37%, Macs: 3.23%, or 1 Mac for every 96.37/3.23 =3D 29.84=
 ~=3D
> > > 30 Windows machines.
>
> > Those are US figures.
>
> You have a link for that? I'm betting that you won't.
>

> > Here are world figures;
>
> >http://www.cio.com/article/336868/Apple_Takes_._Percent_Share_of_US_P...
>
> >http://community.winsupersite.com/blogs/paul/archive/2008/04/24/mac-q...
> > rket-share-3-26-percent-worldwide-6-26-percent-in-the-us.aspx
>
> Yes, those reflect *sales* of *hardware*.
>
> Macs are almost exclusively used as actual personal computers. What are
> typically called "PCs" are used in many cases for purposes other than
> personal computing.
>
> If you compare then number of iPhones sold to all phones of all types,
> it's percentage probably isn't very large either.
>
> --
> Alan Baker
> Vancouver, British Columbia
> <http://gallery.me.com/alangbaker/100008/DSCF0162/web.jpg>- Hide quoted t=
ext -

Bottom line. Apple 2% MSFT 98%  Same as always was, same as it will
always be. Only teenage girls, welfare collecting liberals, and
retards choose the Mac.
0
muahman (3479)
12/3/2008 7:06:59 PM
In article
<6def26d0-098f-4a16-ac9d-1f968594103d@v13g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
 MuahMan <muahman@gmail.com> wrote:

> Bottom line. Apple 2%, MSFT 98%.  Same as always was, same as it will
> always be. Only teenage girls, welfare collecting liberals, and
> retards choose the Mac.

What is causing your hallucinations this time, the Jack Daniels, or the
LSD?
0
t-bone2 (2779)

Root Window & Windows within Windows
Even (on 98) if you replace the shell explorer.exe you are left with the root window. Explorer.exe does a good job of adding content to the root window. It places icons on your desktop and gives you a task bar. The only ability I am aware of that programmers have to add content to the root window (aside from replacing explorer.exe), is with Active Desktop. I feel that active desktop should be a program we can write ourselves. We should be able to write our own programs that are drawn directly to the root window, just like active desktop windows are. Even when you replace ...

window-handlers on windows
hi (this is my first post to this ng; so if it is the wrong ng, please direct me to the one i need...) my problem not necessarily bound to C++ (but could also be C), but since my application is in C++, i post it here. i want to draw from application A into a window that has been created by an application B (in my case: i want to render an openGL-scene into a a browser-window) under linux i can get a handle of type "Window" from the Xserver, into which i can draw (assumed that i have permissions) under windows the only such handle i have found is HWND, which is a pointer to a ...

Extra Window under Windows
I am running the Gimp under XP SP2. I have just downloaded 2.2.6, but this behavior occurred during previous versions. When I start up the Gimp I get the toolbox window and another large blank window. This other window has no features except the "File" menu. The file menu has only one item: exit. But that exit does not work. When I exit the Gimp from the toolbox this extra window stays around. I have to use the task manager to kill it. Any idea on how to eliminate this? -- Matt Silberstein All in all, if I could be any animal, I would want to be a duck or a goose. They can fly, ...

displaying windows through a window
main.cpp #ifndef main_cpp #define main_cpp #include "wx/wx.h" #include <wx/splash.h> #include "MyFrame.h" class MyApp : public wxApp { public: virtual bool OnInit(); }; IMPLEMENT_APP(MyApp) bool MyApp::OnInit() { wxBitmap bitmap; MyFrame *frame = new MyFrame(_T("Project Mayhem"), wxPoint(150, 150), wxSize(590, 430)); bitmap.LoadFile("C:/Documents and Settings/JAMIE BERNIER/Desktop/images/Intro Image.bmp", wxBITMAP_TYPE_BMP); wxSplashScreen* splash = new wxSplashScreen(bitmap, wxSPLA...

Print Window in Windows
How do I print a window in windows like print window in mac os 9. "Lee Blevins" <leeb@digitalgraphics.net> wrote in message news:1g1qy62.1vyo6z2nh5o5cN@[192.168.10.100]... > How do I print a window in windows like print window in mac os 9. PrintScreen is the PrtSc button on my IBM ThinkPad T23. PrintScreen will take a snapshot, and place it in the system's clipboard. Pressing PrintScreen will take a snapshot of the entire screen. Pressing Alt-PrintScreen will take a snapshot of the active window only. Paste the contents of the clipboard into a graphics application t...

CPU magazine Dream PCs 2010: it's a Windows, Windows, Windows, Windows world
Oct. 2010 issue. 16 systems worth a collective $98000 were delivered by 11 vendors. They fell into 3 price tiers: $0 to $3500 $3501 to $7000 $7001 and up As expected, all 16 systems came with Windows 7. Real power users don't cripple their beautiful, screamin', quad-GPU hardware and sublime computing experience with Linux slop. Can you imagine booting up such awesome hardware, and the first thing you see is a screen full of "verbose" Linux messages, which finally hangs and tells you: (EE) no devices detected Fatal server error: no screens found gi...

Matlab f.Windows on Intel-Macs with Windows on BootCamp?
Hello! I'd like to know, if anybody has an idea if the Windows-Version of Matlab would run on an Intel based Mac when using a Windows Partion created via BootCamp. Does it run? Benchmark-test? Any problems encountered? I'd be glad for any hints to this topic! Have a nice day! Matthias Geissbuehler runs without problem, speed (after running bench) is comparable to my Dual 2Ghz G5 running Matlab under OS X, I don't have the numbers here. But I remember a posting from someone on that in another thread ... but I would be happier with a universal binary... In article <ef313ae.-1@webx.raydaftYaTP>, "Matthias Geissbuehler" <mat@elzartsRMVTHI.Sch> wrote: > Hello! > > I'd like to know, if anybody has an idea if the Windows-Version of > Matlab would run on an Intel based Mac when using a Windows Partion > created via BootCamp. Does it run? Benchmark-test? Any problems > encountered? > > I'd be glad for any hints to this topic! > > Have a nice day! > > Matthias Geissbuehler It runs just fine. I don't have the benchmarks handy, but there was only one machine in the test set that was faster. -- AF ...

windows safari and windows
Testing locally on an Win XP box with the safari pop up blocker disabled: window.close(); will close the window without warning even though the window was not opened by javascript. win = window.open("test.htm","foo");//, str); alert(win); does not open a new window and the value displayed by the alert is "undefined" (shouldn't it be "null" if there was a problem???). Also safari's activity window doesn't show any problems encountered. If I put a link on the page <a href="test.htm" target="_blank">click here<...

window on window question
hi... I have a datawindow and a modless dialog datawindow ownes the modless dialog there can be multiple instances of datawwindow how do i keep each instance of modless dialog on top of the owning datawindow EXAMPLE: window1 owns diag1 diag 1 on top of window1 user opens another instance of window1 i want each diags to stay on top of its owner like a floating tool bar setwindowpos() workes gr8 but im having problems with the Options..can't seem to get the correct one dave dvs_bis@sbcglobal.net So how about posting the code! It's a bit hard to help o...

Windows is named Windows : But Why?
http://thehmccompany.com/2015/06/19/windows-is-named-windows-but-why/ Quoting from the URL above: The following was taken from a Microsoft corporate blog designed to document the history of Microsoft. When I joined Microsoft as Vice President of Corporate Communications, I came from the cosmetics / skin care industry where perception (branding) was far more important than reality. The branding strategy for Microsoft Corporation & the specific names for the products (which was part of the company branding strategy) came from the original branding strategy ...

windowed sinc
Hi, I came across this the other day, for i=0:1:2*hLen sinc(i-hLen) * pow(cos(PI*(i-hLen)/(2*hLen)),beta); I know it is a windowed sinc, but what is the window function being used? the pow() part. Thanks syl On Nov 7, 9:36 am, SYL <sya...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I came across this the other day, > > for i=0:1:2*hLen > sinc(i-hLen) * pow(cos(PI*(i-hLen)/(2*hLen)),beta); > > I know it is a windowed sinc, but what is the window function being > used? the pow() part. > > Thanks > syl This window sometimes appears in the literature as the 'co...

Docking windows... in Windows
I'm using the Windows version in Windows 7. There's an option in each window to "Lock tab to dock", but I don't see anything occurring. They just sit there and float like they were before. What behavior should be occurring, and what if anything am I doing wrong? Also, has anyone used a recent version of Visual Studio? I like how you can drag a window to one of the edges of the screen or leave it floating. The user interface for dragging the windows is also real easy to use and makes everything real obvious and clear to the user. ...

Application Window cannot be resized or moved under Mac but can under Windows and Linux
Hello All, I have an application that employs a smooth scrolling ticker control using a dialog windows as the main window. I can resize the main window and move it with the scrolling ticker scrolling text when the application is compiled for both Windows and Linux. However, I can do neither when the application is build for Mac, I can only close it. Does anybody have any idea as to why this weird behavior is occurring? Thanks in advance! ;-) Best Regards, -- Rob Krakora Senior Software Engineer MessageNet Systems 101 East Carmel Dr. Suite 105 Carmel, IN 46032 (31...

=?windows-1256?B?1NHm2CDmyt3H1e3hIObZx8bdIObSx9HJIMfh1Q==?= =?windows-1256?B?5MfaySDH4crjIMrjIMfhw9rhx+Qg2uTlxyA0NSDD4d0g3Q==?= =?windows-1256?B?0dXJINrj4SDh4ePE5eHHyiDH4drh7ccg5sfhz8jh5uM=?= =?window
1NHm2CDmyt3H1e3hIObZx8bdIObSx9HJIMfh1eTH2skgx+HK4yDK4yDH4cPa4cfkINrk5ccgNDUg w+HdIN3R1ckg2uPhCuHh48Tl4cfKIMfh2uHtxyDmx+HPyOHm48fKCgpodHRwczovL3d3dy5mYWNl Ym9vay5jb20vcGFnZXMvJUQ5JTg2JUQ4JUFBJUQ4JUE3JUQ4JUE2JUQ4JUFDLSVEOCVBNyVEOSU4 NCVEOCVBNyVEOSU4NSVEOCVBQSVEOCVBRCVEOCVBNyVEOSU4NiVEOCVBNyVEOCVBQS0lRDklODgl RDglQTclRDklODQlRDglQUMlRDglQTclRDklODUlRDglQjklRDglQTclRDglQUEtJUQ5JTg4JUQ4 JUE3JUQ4JUFDJUQ4JUFBJUQ5JTg1JUQ4JUE3JUQ4JUI5JUQ5JThBJUQ4JUE3JUQ4JUFBLzI5OTcx OTE2MDA2NTU1MA== ...

Windows NT vs Windows 2000 vs Windows XP
Hi, I am pretty ignorant when it comes to computers. I posted in another thread that I just purchased a used computer for close to nothing. I have an old windows NT workstation which I plan on installing. My question is : A friend of mine can sell me a Windows 2000 or Windows XP license for cheap. Is there any reason I need to spend $40 to buy any one of these two operating systems for an old Pentium II computer, instead of a free windows NT workstation system that I already have ? For general home use : access internet, typing documents, etc, is there any difference in us...

[News] [Rival] Vietnam Has a Windows Zombies Problems; Windows Malware Everywhere

=?windows-1256?B?2sfM4SDd7CDhzdnJIMrH0e3O7ckg0cbt0yDH4Q==?= =?windows-1256?B?5tLRx8Eg5dTH4yDe5M/t4SDt1NHdINrh7CDH4d7I1iDa?= =?windows-1256?B?4ewgMiDj5CDH4cjh2MztySDd7CDj7c/H5CDH4crN0e3RIA==?= =?window
2sfM4SDd7CDhzdnJIMrH0e3O7ckg0cbt0yDH4ebS0cfBIOXUx+Mg3uTP7eEg7dTR3SDa4ewgx+He yNYg2uHsIDIg4+QKx+HI4djM7ckg3ewg4+3Px+Qgx+HKzdHt0SDH4e3m4woKaHR0cDovL25hdGln dGFzN2FiLmJsb2dzcG90LmNvbS8yMDEzLzAxLzIuaHRtbA== ...

How to crush a Mac with a Windows mac....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1U854LusZg Save yourself 200% On Friday, October 23, 2015 at 3:29:40 PM UTC-4, MuahMan wrote: > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1U854LusZg > > Save yourself 200% https://youtu.be/G1U854LusZg?t=2m41s On 10/23/15 12:29 PM, MuahMan wrote: > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1U854LusZg > > Save yourself 200% > Wow. Please quote where the person doing the testing said it "crushed" anything? He actually seems to say that the iMac is faster than his "Hackintosh", Brian, and once you factor in the pu...

One In Five Macs Holds Malware =?windows-1251?b?lw==?= For Windows
<http://apple.slashdot.org/story/12/04/24/1553254/one-in-five-macs-holds-malware-for-windows> <quote> "One in five Apple Macs is infected with malware, according to Sophos. But most of that is harmless to the Mac... it is Windows malware ready to be transmitted to the Windows population. Only one in 36 Macs has OS X specific infections." </quote> Almost 3% of OS X boxes are infected! 20% are 'carriers' of Windows malware! How did Apple turn a BSD based Unix into a malware magnet? -- Don't pray in my school, and I won't think in your church -Unkno...

=?windows-1256?B?yube7cog5uPm2s8gx9DH2skg48jH0cfJIMfh0g==?= =?windows-1256?B?48fh3yDm5sfP7CDPzOHJIN3sIOTlx8bsIN/D0yDj1dEg?= =?windows-1256?B?x+Ht5uMgx+HTyMogOS8xMS8yMDEzIObH4d7k5sfKIMfh5Mfe?= =?window
yube7cog5uPm2s8gx9DH2skg48jH0cfJIMfh0uPH4d8g5ubHz+wgz8zhySDd7CDk5cfG7CDfw9Mg 49XRIMfh7ebjIMfh08jKIDkvMTEvMjAxMyDmx+He5ObHyiDH4eTH3uHJCgpodHRwOi8vbmF0aWdh YXM3YWIuY29tLz9wPTU4OA== ...

=?windows-1256?B?yube7cog5uPm2s8gx9DH2skg48jH0cfJIMfh0g==?= =?windows-1256?B?48fh3yDm5sfP7CDPzOHJIN3sIOTlx8bsIN/D0yDj1dEg?= =?windows-1256?B?x+Ht5uMgx+HTyMogOS8xMS8yMDEzIObH4d7k5sfKIMfh5Mfe?= =?window
yube7cog5uPm2s8gx9DH2skg48jH0cfJIMfh0uPH4d8g5ubHz+wgz8zhySDd7CDk5cfG7CDfw9Mg 49XRIMfh7ebjIMfh08jKIDkvMTEvMjAxMyDmx+He5ObHyiDH4eTH3uHJCgpodHRwOi8vbmF0aWdh YXM3YWIuY29tLz9wPTU4OA== On Fri, 08 Nov 2013 23:12:07 -0800, بيثصس wrote: > 9/11/2013 Not only did you get the year wrong, it's the wrong group! May your woman betray you, your son be gay, and your daughter screw pigs for a living. Now go eat some pork and choke on it, like a good little terrorist. -- See what happens when you switch the googlegrouper filter off. Shudders! I'll turn it back on right now. ...

[...]

Web resources about - Windows, Windows everywhere - comp.sys.mac.advocacy

Skype's live translator feature now supports Arabic
Skype is probably best-known as a video chat client, but Microsoft wants it to be all things chat to all people even if they aren't speaking ...

Jury awards Erin Andrews $55M in lawsuit over nude video
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — A jury awarded Erin Andrews $55 million in her lawsuit against a stalker who bought a hotel room next to her and secretly ...

Mac ransomware caught before large number of computers infected
(Reuters) – The first known ransomware attack on Apple Mac computers, which was discovered over the weekend , was downloaded more than 6,000 ...

Kanye West Twitter: ‘Why Do People Not Want Me To Be Me?’ — Understanding Kanye
Kanye West’s Twitter has been ground zero for much of the media’s West family headlines. It’s obvious that people have a problem with Kanye’s ...

Hum Writing First New Music In 18 Years
Although Illinois space-rock heroes Hum haven't released any new music since 1998's Downward Is Heavenward, they've continued to perform together ...

Sharapova fails drug test, Nike suspends ties
Reuters Sharapova fails drug test, Nike suspends ties Reuters LOS ANGELES Russian tennis star Maria Sharapova said on Monday she had failed ...

Google Project Fi free to join, but will seem expensive outside USA
Project Fi, the Google mobile phone service, no longer needs an invitation to join. And in an aggressive pricing move, Google is slashing the ...

Microsoft ends work on 'Fable Legends' video game
Microsoft on Monday announced it has stopped work on the long-delayed "Fable Legends" action video game and is mulling the closure of the British-based ...

Militant attack in Tunisia may signal further spread of Islamic State
Los Angeles Times Militant attack in Tunisia may signal further spread of Islamic State Los Angeles Times Clashes in Tunisia near the border ...

Class action suit filed by residents over Flint water crisis
A lawsuit stemming from Flint's lead-contaminated water was filed Monday on behalf of the city's residents against Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder ...