After many years using Eudora, I think it is time to switch. Eudora is
corrupting its mailboxes, old messages tend to mix up and become unreadable.
This is unfortunate as otherwise Eudora does the right things for me.

So the questions are :
- which e-mail app do you recommend (on a PowerBook G4/667, 10.4.10) ?
- I am currently trying Mail; succeeded in importing the Eudora
mailboxes except the Inbox (1GB) -> how do I import it ???
CAB
0
void (26)

Try Eudora Mailbox Cleaner.
Worked perfectly for me.

Jenny

On Oct 16, 11:40 pm, cab <v...@nospam.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> After many years using Eudora, I think it is time to switch. Eudora is
> corrupting its mailboxes, old messages tend to mix up and become unreadable.
> This is unfortunate as otherwise Eudora does the right things for me.
>
> So the questions are :
> - which e-mail app do you recommend (on a PowerBook G4/667, 10.4.10) ?
> - I am currently trying Mail; succeeded in importing the Eudora
> mailboxes except the Inbox (1GB) -> how do I import it ???
> CAB

0
jsnlfromthenl
10/16/2007 11:48:52 PM
cab <void@nospam.com> writes:

> - which e-mail app do you recommend (on a PowerBook G4/667, 10.4.10) ?

Either the included Mail.app or Thunderbird.

> - I am currently trying Mail; succeeded in importing the Eudora
> mailboxes except the Inbox (1GB) -> how do I import it ???

IMAP.  Forget all the import/export crap.  Get an IMAP
based e-mail account, add it to your Eudora settings.
Move all your mail to the IMAP account's online folders.

Then just leave it there.  Point Mail.app at it, point
Thunderbird at it, whatever.

--
Plain Bread alone for e-mail, thanks.  The rest gets trashed.
No HTML in E-Mail! --    http://www.expita.com/nomime.html
<jsnlfromthenl@gmail.com> wrote:

> Try Eudora Mailbox Cleaner.
> Worked perfectly for me.

Reading that makes it sound perfect! Thanks for pointing it out!

Google found it easily, but here is the url if needed:

    http://homepage.mac.com/aamann/Eudora_Mailbox_Cleaner.html

--
- Burt Johnson
  MindStorm, Inc.

Mail and imported mail in mail app

importing mail from Mail.app?
5.2.1 paid OSX 10.2.6 iMac 800 flat-screen OK, now that I've finally switched back to Eudora from Mail.app, can anyone suggest a painless way to import all that email I've accumulated in Mail over into Eudora? The Eudora manual only discusses Outlook Express, and my Googling has proved fruitless, as has searching thru the postings in this group. I seem to remember a nifty program to take mail in the other direction! Thanks again, rudi overit <baying@themoon.com> wrote: > 5.2.1 paid > OSX 10.2.6 > iMac 800 flat-screen > > OK, now that...

Importing Mail/Address book to Eudora from Mail app
As per the header. What I can't seem to do is using the Import command from within Eudora is to import the contents of my Mac Address Book into Eudora. Also importing mailboxes, for some reason Eudora duplicates them into 2 lots of mailboxes, most likely from when I used to run 2 accounts in Mail. Is there any way of merging the 2 boxes into 1? I'm using a G5 iMac Power PC. Thank you, Peter P.S. Please note that the e-mail address given is a spam trap. My correct e-mail address is peterNOSPAM@pfjames.NOTHANKS.co.uk Remove the obvious to reply -- He spoke wit...

Importing Eudora mail into Apple Mail
Having used Eudora for too many years, I now have a real mess in the references to attachments. Many of the attachments are no longer accessible from the messages that they arrived in, even though they are still in the attachments folder. The main issue here is that I have moved Eudora to a new machine every few years, and the startup disk has typically had a new name. This in itself is not a big problem, and Eudora still seems able to find the files. (But it does leave the reference in the mailbox with the old disk's name.) However, the other part of the reference is the...

Mail.app vaporized my e-mail!
The strangest thing just happened, help! I opened up Mail, and all the messages on my inbox (several dozen of them, some dating back 7 months) were all marked as unread. Not a big problem. BUT, everything dated between August 18 2003 and today (October 13, 2003) has completely vanished. I had some VERY important e-mails in there. I tried looking in ~/Library/Mail, and there doesn't seem to be any way to recover them by messing around in there. Is there any way to get them back??? Thanks G In article <Gqtib.9039$x97.2472@clgrps13>, nospam@spam.sucks.it (Gavin) wrote: &...

Duplicate e-mails in Mail app
I've just imported 2 years of e-mails from Eudora into Mail. There are numerous duplicates present. Is there an easy way of erasing the dupes? -- He spoke with a certain what-is-it in his voice, and I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. P.G. Wodehouse 1881 -1975 ...

Mac mail app problems sending mail??
Sometimes when I send email I get an error message stating it will remain in outbox blah, blah, blah. It also says "Verify that you have addressed this message correctly. Check you SMTP server settings in Mail Preferences and verify and advanced settings with your system administrator." Now... when I go to Mail> Preferences> Accounts, I change the server settings and set authentication to Password. Once I enter password and whatnot, the mail gets sent. Sounds like the problems fixed but......... In a few more days, I get the error message again. This time I set the authenticati...

Limit e-Mail size in Mail.app?
Is there any way I can put a maximum size of incoming e-mail my copy of Mail.app [Version 2.1 (752/752.2)] will accept? TIA -- Bob Batson rcb@kc.rr.com "Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines" In article <rcb-F02083.18152622072006@news-rdr-03.rdc-kc.rr.com>, Bob Batson <rcb@kc.rr.com> wrote: > Is there any way I can put a maximum size of incoming e-mail my copy of > Mail.app [Version 2.1 (752/752.2)] will accept? > > TIA Doing a search in Mail's Help for "message size" found this article: Skipping retrieval...

mail.app convert e-mail to PDF
Mac OS 10.3.9 Mail 1.3.11 Occasionally I receive HTML e-mail that I wish to convert to a PDF file. I select the email with mail.app file:print click on Save as PDF This works except for a couple of glitches. First, the conversion process copies the thumbnail image representing my user account over into the PDF file. This image is not part of the e-mail I received and I don't want it to appear. How can I suppress it? Second, clickable links in the e-mail are converted into unclickable text in the PDF. I suppose this is due to the fact that Preview doesn't know how to conver...

Can I recall an e-mail in the Mail app?
Or is there any add-on software that will allow me to do this? "nickravo" <nickravo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1127946778.893661.88440@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Or is there any add-on software that will allow me to do this? > No. Once a message has left your machine and passed through an SMTP server it's gone for good. Messaging systems like MS Exchange allow you to recall but that is only possible within an Exchange or other similar environment. Greg G.T. <getnews1@dslextreme.com> wrote: > Messaging systems like MS Exchange allow yo...

Looking for an e-mail app that can send e-mail in html format
A friend of mind wants me to send e-mail to him in html format. Are there any e-mail apps that can do this? -- Regards Brian In article <1146085981391782115.254092bclark-es.co.nz@free.teranews.com>, Brian <bclark@es.co.nz> wrote: > A friend of mind wants me to send e-mail to him in html format. Are there > any e-mail apps that can do this? Almost all of them, but there really isn't any need to do so. Keep sending mail in plain ASCII. -- All usenet users are quirky, but some are more quirky than others. Michelle Steiner <michelle@michelle.org&...

Can Mail.app import Netscape mail messages?
My wife has been using Netscape to handle her email for several years now. I finally persuaded her to use Mail.app, and have set her up for that with one exception -- I haven't found a way to import her old messages. Mail has an "Import Mailboxes" command that requires selection of the file to import. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find the file that contains her Netscape messages. Interestingly, I have found files that include messages up to sometime in 2004, but none later. She has been using Netscape 7.2. The current system is Leopard 10.5.1. Any useful info...

Mac mail.app to iPod touch mail transfer
Running a MacBook with 10.6.5 and a 3rd gen iPod touch with 4.2.1. Without getting into long explanations, I cannot have wifi in my house, and it would be most convenient to write my emails on my Mac, transfer them to my iPod, and send them out from a public hot spot in town. I have been doing this by writing the mails in mail.app>notes, syncing the ipod, then copy and pasting from ipod notes to ipod mail. I have airsharing and goodreader and probably could use them also. But is there a more convenient way like an app at the iTunes store that would directly transfer from mail/Ma...

Web resources about - [Eudora and Mail] Importing e-mail into Mail ? - comp.sys.mac.apps

Facebook Expands Feed Connect (er, Feed Importing) to More Sites
About six weeks ago, Facebook launched Feed Importing for the first time, allowing users to connect their Facebook accounts to Flickr, Yelp, ...

YouTube - iPad importing photos from floppy disk.
You are using an outdated browser, which YouTube no longer supports. Since some features on YouTube may not work, you are viewing a lightweight ...

Thousands sign petition urging an end importing of primates for medical research
... inquiry has revealed horrific practices in the name of medical research. A petition with more than 14,000 signatures calling for a ban on importing ...

Importing fuel will prove better for the consumer
Importing fuel will prove better for the consumer

Former supervisor at Victoria's desalination plant jailed for importing marketable quantity of cocaine ...
A former supervisor at Victoria's $4 billion desalination plant who&nbsp;snorted cocaine he imported from Mexico to feed his habit and sell,&nbsp;cope ...

Importing nannies is not the right solution for Australia's childcare crisis
Migrant domestic workers: is that the answer for Australia or is it exploitation?

Mark Clermont sentenced to life in jail for importing drugs worth $260 million inside road roller
A judge has praised police for preventing cocaine and methylamphetamine with a street value of $260 million reaching the streets of Sydney and ...

Hong Kong man charged with importing 150kg of crystal methamphetamine into Sydney
A Hong Kong national is charged with importing 150 kilograms of ice following a joint-agency investigation in Sydney.

Man, 91, charged with importing cocaine hidden in soap boxes into Australia
A 91-year-old Sydney man has been charged with importing cocaine hidden in soap into Australia, prompting police to warn travellers to beware ...

Adobe updates Photoshop Express for Android with blemish removal tool, RAW importing, more
Adobe has actively been rolling out new and powerful tools for mobile platforms in recent months including Lightroom Mobile for iPad followed ...