Archiving mail from mail.app

I need to save just every mail I receive and be able to search the
archive. Mail.app's search capabilities are pathetic at best.  I've
searched around and found some AppleScript's that do some manner of
import into FileMaker database, but they are limited in file size and
capability to deal with attachments. I currently create new mailboxes
with old mail to keep the mailbox from growing too huge, but am still
stuck with poor search features.

Otherwise, I am quite happy with Mail.app (Jaguar) and prefer to keep
it. Does anyone have practical solutions for dealing with large mail
archives; keeping them useable, not just stored?
0
David

In article
<dturley-05A59E.20475830012004@news-central.ash.giganews.com>,
 David Turley <dturley@pobox_NOT_.com> wrote:

> I need to save just every mail I receive and be able to search the
> archive. Mail.app's search capabilities are pathetic at best.  I've
> searched around and found some AppleScript's that do some manner of
> import into FileMaker database, but they are limited in file size and
> capability to deal with attachments. I currently create new mailboxes
> with old mail to keep the mailbox from growing too huge, but am still
> stuck with poor search features.
>
> Otherwise, I am quite happy with Mail.app (Jaguar) and prefer to keep
> it. Does anyone have practical solutions for dealing with large mail
> archives; keeping them useable, not just stored?

It might help if you could articulate what you find lacking in Mail's
abilities, so we know what shortcomings you're looking to address.

Gregory
1/31/2004 2:59:30 AM
In article <gwestonREMOVE-51AD1F.21593030012004@netnews.comcast.net>,
 Gregory Weston <gwestonREMOVE@CAPSattbi.com> wrote:

> It might help if you could articulate what you find lacking in Mail's
> abilities, so we know what shortcomings you're looking to address.

Simple, the search facilities. You can search on subject OR body OR
sender, for example. There's no way to combine search criteria, use
regex...

That and really large mailboxes get slow to deal with.
0
David
1/31/2004 4:12:59 AM
In article
<dturley-05A59E.20475830012004@news-central.ash.giganews.com>, David
Turley <dturley@pobox_NOT_.com> wrote:

> I've searched around and found some AppleScript's that do some manner
> of import into FileMaker database, but they are limited in file size
> and capability to deal with attachments.

Where did you find these?

--
First they gerrymander us into one-party fiefs. Then they tell us they only
care about the swing districts. Then they complain about voter apathy.
David Turley <dturley@pobox_NOT_.com> wrote:

> Mail.app's search capabilities are pathetic at best.

if this is the main issue, try PowerMail. Its search engine has been
constantly improved for years -it was a constant objective for the
authors, and is now really impressive (instant, real-time searches on my
thousands-messages database).

PowerMail does feature a bayesian spam filtering when plugging
SpamSieve, has a quite classical interface (a la Claris Emailer); its
main two weaknesses -for me- are a rather minimalist handling of html
(uses Apple's routines, optionally proposes to open the html in you
preferred browser if this is not sufficient) and the absence of mail
threading (but this is mainly something associated with mail lists,
which some newsreaders already cover quite brilliantly -in my opinion
maillists are closer to news than to mail, and I wonder wether I would
switch mines to PowerMail even if it started handling them with threads)

Herve

--
Fr�d�rique & Herv� Sainct, h.sainct@laposte.net
Fr�d�rique's initial is missing in front of the above address
 Gerry <222ggg@spam.really.sucks> wrote:

> In article
> <dturley-05A59E.20475830012004@news-central.ash.giganews.com>, David
> Turley <dturley@pobox_NOT_.com> wrote:
>
> > I've searched around and found some AppleScript's that do some manner
> > of import into FileMaker database, but they are limited in file size
> > and capability to deal with attachments.
>
> Where did you find these?

Search versiontracker for Mail and filemaker
0
David
1/31/2004 1:06:24 PM
In article <1g8f7k8.1vzkk2vdph0z2N%h.sainct@laposte.net>,
 h.sainct@laposte.net (Fr�d�rique & Herv� Sainct) wrote:

> David Turley <dturley@pobox_NOT_.com> wrote:
>
> > Mail.app's search capabilities are pathetic at best.
>
> if this is the main issue, try PowerMail. Its search engine has been
> constantly improved for years -it was a constant objective for the
> authors, and is now really impressive (instant, real-time searches on my
> thousands-messages database).

That's the main issue with Apple Mail. Switching to Powermail opens up
issues with GPG support, apple addressbook integration. I guess the
"perfect" mail client doesn't exist yet. :-)
0
David
1/31/2004 1:11:01 PM
In article
<dturley-F5B11D.23125930012004@news-central.ash.giganews.com>,
 David Turley <dturley@pobox_NOT_.com> wrote:

> Simple, the search facilities. You can search on subject OR body OR
> sender, for example. There's no way to combine search criteria, use
> regex...
>
> That and really large mailboxes get slow to deal with.

Is there a reason you're unwilling to break out Unix tools to do this?
Mail stores messages in the standard mbox format, and there are
countless ways to work with them.
0
Doc
1/31/2004 2:07:09 PM
In article <droleary.usenet-58436F.08070831012004@corp.supernews.com>,
 Doc O'Leary <droleary.usenet@subsume.com> wrote:

> Is there a reason you're unwilling to break out Unix tools to do this?
> Mail stores messages in the standard mbox format, and there are
> countless ways to work with them.

Once the proper files are found using some CLI mbox grep tool, you still
have to back and find the messages in mail app to deal with them. Just
because something can be done with Unix tools mean it's practical or
convenient.
0
David
1/31/2004 2:30:30 PM
In article <1g8f7k8.1vzkk2vdph0z2N%h.sainct@laposte.net>, Fr�d�rique &
Herv� Sainct <h.sainct@laposte.net> wrote:

> PowerMail does feature a bayesian spam filtering when plugging
> SpamSieve, has a quite classical interface (a la Claris Emailer); its
> main two weaknesses -for me- are a rather minimalist handling of html
> (uses Apple's routines, optionally proposes to open the html in you
> preferred browser if this is not sufficient) and the absence of mail
> threading (but this is mainly something associated with mail lists,
> which some newsreaders already cover quite brilliantly -in my opinion
> maillists are closer to news than to mail, and I wonder wether I would
> switch mines to PowerMail even if it started handling them with threads)

Which mail clients do threading of mail list messages?  Thanks.
0
NN
1/31/2004 3:20:35 PM
In article <droleary.usenet-58436F.08070831012004@corp.supernews.com>,
Doc O'Leary <droleary.usenet@subsume.com> wrote:

> In article
> <dturley-F5B11D.23125930012004@news-central.ash.giganews.com>,
>  David Turley <dturley@pobox_NOT_.com> wrote:
>
> > Simple, the search facilities. You can search on subject OR body OR
> > sender, for example. There's no way to combine search criteria, use
> > regex...
> >
> > That and really large mailboxes get slow to deal with.
>
> Is there a reason you're unwilling to break out Unix tools to do this?
> Mail stores messages in the standard mbox format, and there are
> countless ways to work with them.

What would some of those countless ways be, and where is the mbox
standard stated?

--
First they gerrymander us into one-party fiefs. Then they tell us they only
care about the swing districts. Then they complain about voter apathy.
 -- Gail Collins
0
Gerry
1/31/2004 5:23:01 PM
David Turley <dturley@pobox_NOT_.com> writes:

> Once the proper files are found using some CLI mbox grep tool, you
> still have to back and find the messages in mail app to deal with
> them. Just because something can be done with Unix tools mean it's
> practical or convenient.

mbox files are text files.

Load one into vi (or Emacs, or whatever your favorite text editor may
be), do your regex search in there to find the text you want.  Then
just scroll up a bit until you find the message's header.  Now you
know what to look for in Mail.app (or you can just use the text right
there.)

If you're worried about trashing something, make a copy of the file
and load that into your favorite editor.

-- David
0
shamino
1/31/2004 6:09:34 PM
NN <nn@nn.nn1.org> writes:

> Which mail clients do threading of mail list messages?  Thanks.

Mozilla does.  As did its Netscape predecessors.

-- David
0
shamino
1/31/2004 6:10:33 PM
NN <nn@nn.nn1.org> wrote:

> Which mail clients do threading of mail list messages?  Thanks.

In addition to the already mentioned, I understand the very last version
of Apple's Mail does it too.
Of course the mail client integrated in MacSoup does it too.

But what I wanted to stress, is -at least in the way I use it- mail
therading is mostly interesting for handling mails from maillists, which
is an area almost closer to newsgroups than to personal mail.
So, having it readily integrated in MacSoup is good for me...

Herve

--
In article <m2y8roc7mp.fsf@qqqq.invalid>, shamino@techie.com (David C.)
wrote:

> mbox files are text files.
>
> Load one into vi (or Emacs, or whatever your favorite text editor may
> be), do your regex search in there to find the text you want.  Then
> just scroll up a bit until you find the message's header.  Now you
> know what to look for in Mail.app (or you can just use the text right
> there.)

Grepping thru a few dozen mbox files does not strike me as a convenient
way of dealing with mail searches. Hence, my hope for a database
solution. I guess there's always hope Apple will put someone with some
advanced programming skills to work on the builtin search function; the
one there should be an embarrassment to Apple.
0
David
1/31/2004 6:57:52 PM
Gerry <222ggg@spam.really.sucks> writes:

> What would some of those countless ways be, and where is the mbox
> standard stated?

The mbox format was originally created with Berkeley UNIX.  I don't
know of a formal document, but the format is very simple.

A mailbox is a text file.  All messages are concatenated in that file.

Each message always starts with a line of the form "From ".  There
may be other text after this on the line, but the first five
characters must be 'F', 'r', 'o', 'm' and ' '.  (The space is
significant.)

After that are all the message's headers.  Then a blank line, then
the message body, until you get to the next "From " line.

(This, BTW, is why mail programs usually prepend a ">" character to
any message-body line that begins "From ".  This prevents the mbox
file from getting confused.)

This file format is far from the best mechanism, but it is popular
because it is very simple and for most purposes, it is good enough.

-- David
0
shamino
1/31/2004 7:17:02 PM
h.sainct@laposte.net (Fr�d�rique & Herv� Sainct) writes:

> But what I wanted to stress, is -at least in the way I use it- mail
> therading is mostly interesting for handling mails from maillists,
> which is an area almost closer to newsgroups than to personal mail.
> So, having it readily integrated in MacSoup is good for me...

Absolutely.  And if you're on several popular mailing lists, the
feature proves to be very useful.  It's also useful if you send a mail
message to several friends, and a conversation erupts.

-- David
0
shamino
1/31/2004 7:18:53 PM
In article <m2ptd09bde.fsf@qqqq.invalid>, David C. <shamino@techie.com>
wrote:

> Gerry <222ggg@spam.really.sucks> writes:
> >
> > What would some of those countless ways be, and where is the mbox
> > standard stated?
>
> The mbox format was originally created with Berkeley UNIX.  I don't
> know of a formal document, but the format is very simple.
>
> A mailbox is a text file.  All messages are concatenated in that file.
>
> Each message always starts with a line of the form "From ".  There
> may be other text after this on the line, but the first five
> characters must be 'F', 'r', 'o', 'm' and ' '.  (The space is
> significant.)
>
> After that are all the message's headers.  Then a blank line, then
> the message body, until you get to the next "From " line.
>
> (This, BTW, is why mail programs usually prepend a ">" character to
> any message-body line that begins "From ".  This prevents the mbox
> file from getting confused.)
>
> This file format is far from the best mechanism, but it is popular
> because it is very simple and for most purposes, it is good enough.

Thanks for the pointers.

--
First they gerrymander us into one-party fiefs. Then they tell us they only
care about the swing districts. Then they complain about voter apathy.
 -- Gail Collins
0
Gerry
1/31/2004 7:43:44 PM
In article
<dturley-8560C7.13575231012004@news-central.ash.giganews.com>,
 David Turley <dturley@pobox_NOT_.com> wrote:

> In article <m2y8roc7mp.fsf@qqqq.invalid>, shamino@techie.com (David C.)
> wrote:
>
> > mbox files are text files.
> >
> > Load one into vi (or Emacs, or whatever your favorite text editor may
> > be), do your regex search in there to find the text you want.  Then
> > just scroll up a bit until you find the message's header.  Now you
> > know what to look for in Mail.app (or you can just use the text right
> > there.)
>
> Grepping thru a few dozen mbox files does not strike me as a convenient
> way of dealing with mail searches. Hence, my hope for a database
> solution. I guess there's always hope Apple will put someone with some
> advanced programming skills to work on the builtin search function; the
> one there should be an embarrassment to Apple.

Problem is, as soon as Apple does do that, the people who complain that
Mail isn't functional enough will be replaced by those who complain that
Apple is once again stomping all over opportunities for 3rd-party
developers.

Gregory
1/31/2004 9:55:27 PM
In article <gwestonREMOVE-F3949A.16552631012004@netnews.comcast.net>,
 Gregory Weston <gwestonREMOVE@CAPSattbi.com> wrote:

> Problem is, as soon as Apple does do that, the people who complain that
> Mail isn't functional enough will be replaced by those who complain that
> Apple is once again stomping all over opportunities for 3rd-party
> developers.

And back to my original question: Where are the third-party developers
offering this? :-)
0
David
2/1/2004 12:34:27 AM
In article
<dturley-4A4233.19342731012004@news-central.ash.giganews.com>,
 David Turley <dturley@pobox_NOT_.com> wrote:

> In article <gwestonREMOVE-F3949A.16552631012004@netnews.comcast.net>,
>  Gregory Weston <gwestonREMOVE@CAPSattbi.com> wrote:
>
> > Problem is, as soon as Apple does do that, the people who complain that
> > Mail isn't functional enough will be replaced by those who complain that
> > Apple is once again stomping all over opportunities for 3rd-party
> > developers.
>
> And back to my original question: Where are the third-party developers
> offering this? :-)

Oh, they're not. Doesn't matter. Apple gets hammered for filling niches
because people think they're closing avenues for 3rd parties. Doesn't
matter if the 3rd parties have been ignoring the niche for years.

In the late 1980s, a group of American manufacturers convinced the
Congress that cheap RAM from Asia was a threat to their livelihood.
Congress slapped on some viciously high import tariffs to help the
American manufacturers compete. Nobody actually looked into whether or
not those American manufacturers were actually geared up to produce RAM
or had any intention of doing so. It's a similar mindset and lack of
attention to reality.

Now as to _why_ the 3rd parties are ignoring that niche... There are
basically two likely reasons:
1) Nobody's noticed the need.
2) Nobody thinks the demand justifies the effort.
0
Gregory
2/1/2004 2:52:17 AM
David C. <shamino@techie.com> wrote:
> > But what I wanted to stress, is -at least in the way I use it- mail
> > therading is mostly interesting for handling mails from maillists,
> > which is an area almost closer to newsgroups than to personal mail.
> > So, having it readily integrated in MacSoup is good for me...
>
> Absolutely.  And if you're on several popular mailing lists, the
> feature proves to be very useful.  It's also useful if you send a mail
> message to several friends, and a conversation erupts.

I see you use gnus as a newsreader. I heard very favorable things about
it (scoring, graph. threading). Does it have a *mail* threading
capability too?

Herve
--
Fr�d�rique & Herv� Sainct, h.sainct@laposte.net
Fr�d�rique's initial is missing in front of the above address
l'initiale de Fr�d�rique manque devant l'adresse email ci-dessus
In article
<dturley-8560C7.13575231012004@news-central.ash.giganews.com>,
 David Turley <dturley@pobox_NOT_.com> wrote:

> Grepping thru a few dozen mbox files does not strike me as a convenient
> way of dealing with mail searches. Hence, my hope for a database
> solution.

Having a database still has the issue you listed in another message
about not having the message available in Mail.  You need to make up
your mind about what you want to do.  Either you want to deal with them
in an archive outside of Mail or you don't.  If you don't, both the
subject and your desire for a database are misleading.

> I guess there's always hope Apple will put someone with some
> advanced programming skills to work on the builtin search function; the
> one there should be an embarrassment to Apple.

Why should Apple be embarrassed for providing a simple, free email
client?  If you want something more advanced, you should be willing to
pay for it.
0
Doc
2/1/2004 3:34:49 PM
In article
<dturley-4A4233.19342731012004@news-central.ash.giganews.com>,
 David Turley <dturley@pobox_NOT_.com> wrote:

> And back to my original question: Where are the third-party developers
> offering this? :-)

Where do you give specific requirements along with how much you're
willing to pay to have this done?  As a Mail bundle developer, nothing
you've said has gotten me interested in providing a solution for you.
0
Doc
2/1/2004 3:39:23 PM
In article <droleary.usenet-357243.09392301022004@corp.supernews.com>,
 Doc O'Leary <droleary.usenet@subsume.com> wrote:

> Where do you give specific requirements along with how much you're
> willing to pay to have this done?  As a Mail bundle developer, nothing
> you've said has gotten me interested in providing a solution for you.

Seems pretty clear to me; a useful search engine. Don't recall asking
you to provide one. I ask if there was one. Seems folks who use apple
mail are happy with the amatuer search capabilities, so I guess the
answer is to use a commercail email app and give up OS X integration.
0
David
2/1/2004 4:53:25 PM
In article <droleary.usenet-D82CD0.09344801022004@corp.supernews.com>,
 Doc O'Leary <droleary.usenet@subsume.com> wrote:

> Having a database still has the issue you listed in another message
> about not having the message available in Mail.  You need to make up
> your mind about what you want to do.  Either you want to deal with them
> in an archive outside of Mail or you don't.  If you don't, both the
> subject and your desire for a database are misleading.

yea, guess that's true. :-/ sounds like wanting a (ever so slightly)
advanced feature in Appl Mail is but a dream.

> > I guess there's always hope Apple will put someone with some
> > advanced programming skills to work on the builtin search function; the
> > one there should be an embarrassment to Apple.
>
> Why should Apple be embarrassed for providing a simple, free email
> client?  If you want something more advanced, you should be willing to
> pay for it.

Because Apple promotes Mail app as one of those fine features that
should make folks switch to OS X. Yes, it's my opinion that the search
function should be an embarassment to a company that brags about UI.
Just because I use OS X I'm not some drone who thinks Apple can do no
wrong. (I'm not one the mindless droids who fell for the G5 hoax either.)
0
David
2/1/2004 5:39:13 PM
In article
<dturley-45138A.12391301022004@news-central.ash.giganews.com>,
 David Turley <dturley@pobox_NOT_.com> wrote:

> Because Apple promotes Mail app as one of those fine features that
> should make folks switch to OS X. Yes, it's my opinion that the search
> function should be an embarassment to a company that brags about UI.

The amount of functionality in the search engine and the quality of the
UI are different things. For the level of functionality provided, the
Mail search UI is a thing of beauty.

> Just because I use OS X I'm not some drone who thinks Apple can do no
> wrong.

Fine. But don't assume that those who have a different viewpoint on the
topic _are_ "drones who think Apple can do no wrong." You seem to be
drifting that way, so I thought I'd try to head you off.

Apple has finite resources. If they have to choose between allocating
those resources to something that will benefit 30% of their customers
and something that will benefit 3% of their customers, the choice is
pretty simple no matter how disappointing it is to that 3%.

Out of curiosity, before saying this:

> yea, guess that's true. :-/ sounds like wanting a (ever so
> slightly) advanced feature in Appl Mail is but a dream.

Did you actually file a feature request with Apple? Ain't noone on
Usenet who speaks for Apple. Not even those with an apple.com address. I
can also almost guarantee that noone at Apple goes scraping Usenet for
feature suggestions, because the s/n ratio is terrible for that purpose.
File the request. Recognize that it _may_ be accepted and if it is
accepted it _will_ be prioritized. Eventually it will make it high
enough in the heap to get someone working on it.

Gregory
2/1/2004 7:02:36 PM
In article
<dturley-71104A.11532501022004@news-central.ash.giganews.com>,
 David Turley <dturley@pobox_NOT_.com> wrote:

> In article <droleary.usenet-357243.09392301022004@corp.supernews.com>,
>  Doc O'Leary <droleary.usenet@subsume.com> wrote:
>

> > Where do you give specific requirements along with how much you're
> > willing to pay to have this done?  As a Mail bundle developer, nothing
> > you've said has gotten me interested in providing a solution for you.
>
> Seems pretty clear to me; a useful search engine.

That's not anything resembling "specific requirements."

> Don't recall asking you to provide one. I ask if there was one.

Actually, you kind of did. You asked:

| Where are the third-party developers offering this? :-)

Doc is, in fact, a third-party developer capable of providing the
functionality you seem to be describing. He was asking what you can
offer to make the expenditure of resources worth his while. It's a fair
question, because you're not really answering _him_. You're answering
that developer community.

> Seems folks who use apple mail are happy with the amatuer search
> capabilities, so I guess the answer is to use a commercail email
> app and give up OS X integration.

I'm not sure what kind of integration you think you're going to be
giving up. Mail is just an app. It knows how to interact with other
components of the OS, but those are public APIs. Any decent third-party
developer _could_ provide a functional superset (and some do). But as
Doc alluded: they've got to see a justification for their up-front costs.
0
Gregory
2/1/2004 7:09:56 PM
In article
<dturley-71104A.11532501022004@news-central.ash.giganews.com>, David
Turley <dturley@pobox_NOT_.com> wrote:

> > Where do you give specific requirements along with how much you're
> > willing to pay to have this done?  As a Mail bundle developer, nothing
> > you've said has gotten me interested in providing a solution for you.
>
> Seems pretty clear to me; a useful search engine. Don't recall asking
> you to provide one. I ask if there was one. Seems folks who use apple
> mail are happy with the amatuer search capabilities, so I guess the
> answer is to use a commercail email app and give up OS X integration.

I'm not happy with it.  And the fact that's it's free doesn't preclude
my desire to carp about it.  I'm not paying for the weather and I carp
about that just as much as I like. I bitch about my car, and won't by a
Porsche to replace it--the audacity!

I'd like almost any kind of functional search options in my email
program; and this without giving up semi-useful spam-blocking (mail.
app), and without giving up anything else, by the wya.

I'd also like like any/all mail programs (Eudora when I used (and paid)
for it, now mail.app) to output in some kind of format I can easily
load into a database without buying another "translation" clot to get
it there.

If Apple doesn't want to provide these, that's their prerogative,
whethere they are charging or not.  And yes, I think most users try to
search, bail, and the move on.  Good for them.

--
First they gerrymander us into one-party fiefs. Then they tell us they only
care about the swing districts. Then they complain about voter apathy.
 -- Gail Collins
0
Gerry
2/1/2004 9:52:03 PM
In article
<dturley-45138A.12391301022004@news-central.ash.giganews.com>, David
Turley <dturley@pobox_NOT_.com> wrote:

> (I'm not one the mindless droids who fell for the G5 hoax either.)

You mean there is'nt a G5?  It's just a hoax!

--
First they gerrymander us into one-party fiefs. Then they tell us they only
care about the swing districts. Then they complain about voter apathy.
 -- Gail Collins
0
Gerry
2/1/2004 9:52:56 PM
In article <010220041352035652%222ggg@spam.really.sucks>, Gerry
<222ggg@spam.really.sucks> wrote:

> In article
> <dturley-71104A.11532501022004@news-central.ash.giganews.com>, David
> Turley <dturley@pobox_NOT_.com> wrote:
>
> > > Where do you give specific requirements along with how much you're
> > > willing to pay to have this done?  As a Mail bundle developer, nothing
> > > you've said has gotten me interested in providing a solution for you.
> >
> > Seems pretty clear to me; a useful search engine. Don't recall asking
> > you to provide one. I ask if there was one. Seems folks who use apple
> > mail are happy with the amatuer search capabilities, so I guess the
> > answer is to use a commercail email app and give up OS X integration.
>
> I'm not happy with it.  And the fact that's it's free doesn't preclude
> my desire to carp about it.  I'm not paying for the weather and I carp
> about that just as much as I like. I bitch about my car, and won't by a
> Porsche to replace it--the audacity!
>
> I'd like almost any kind of functional search options in my email
> program; and this without giving up semi-useful spam-blocking (mail.
> app), and without giving up anything else, by the wya.
>
> I'd also like like any/all mail programs (Eudora when I used (and paid)
> for it, now mail.app) to output in some kind of format I can easily
> load into a database without buying another "translation" clot to get
> it there.
>
> If Apple doesn't want to provide these, that's their prerogative,
> whethere they are charging or not.  And yes, I think most users try to
> search, bail, and the move on.  Good for them.

There are lots of tools (AppleScripts) to archive mail into a FileMaker
database, for example. Most of these are free.

Mail has a functional search capability: strings within the
headers/body/subject of the current/selected/all mailboxes. This is
sufficient and then some for most users.

If you're looking for a "grep" search with spam-blocking, check out
MailSmith (it comes with SpamSieve, which is at least as good as the
spam-blocker in Mail).

--
Spenser
0
 Gerry <222ggg@spam.really.sucks> wrote:

> In article
> <dturley-45138A.12391301022004@news-central.ash.giganews.com>, David
> Turley <dturley@pobox_NOT_.com> wrote:
>
> > (I'm not one the mindless droids who fell for the G5 hoax either.)
>
> You mean there is'nt a G5?  It's just a hoax!

No, the hoax mentioned refers to the story that some guy gutted a G5 and
turned it into a winderz pc, and the mac drones bitched and moaned about
it, like it mattered. The sad part is the story was an obvious joke, and
these clowns fell for it.

But, then again, you knew all that and were just being a dork about it.
:-)
0
David
2/1/2004 11:45:05 PM
In article <010220041414320974%dogbreath@chaseabone.com.invalid>, sbt
<dogbreath@chaseabone.com.invalid> wrote:

> > If Apple doesn't want to provide these, that's their prerogative,
> > whethere they are charging or not.  And yes, I think most users try to
> > search, bail, and the move on.  Good for them.
>
> There are lots of tools (AppleScripts) to archive mail into a FileMaker
> database, for example. Most of these are free.

Well certainly finding "solutions" can become a full-time job.  When I
used Filemaker and Eudora I found some filemaker importers but they
were for-fee and in the end I didn't really want it in Filemaker.  It
was a bother.

> Mail has a functional search capability: strings within the
> headers/body/subject of the current/selected/all mailboxes. This is
> sufficient and then some for most users.

So you say, I've never gotten them to work worth a damn.  I just
clipped some text out of a messag in my in file.  Pasted it in  the
search dialogue--couldn't find it.  I know that Eudora had a real good
search capability too couldn't find anything.  Why?  Who knows.

> If you're looking for a "grep" search with spam-blocking, check out
> MailSmith (it comes with SpamSieve, which is at least as good as the
> spam-blocker in Mail).

Actually the idea of doing grep vita the terminal is the most feasible
I've bumped into yet, so I may take that route.

--
First they gerrymander us into one-party fiefs. Then they tell us they only
care about the swing districts. Then they complain about voter apathy.
 -- Gail Collins
0
Gerry
2/1/2004 11:52:04 PM
In article <010220041552040631%222ggg@spam.really.sucks>, Gerry
<222ggg@spam.really.sucks> wrote:

> In article <010220041414320974%dogbreath@chaseabone.com.invalid>, sbt
> <dogbreath@chaseabone.com.invalid> wrote:
>
> > > If Apple doesn't want to provide these, that's their prerogative,
> > > whethere they are charging or not.  And yes, I think most users try to
> > > search, bail, and the move on.  Good for them.
> >
> > There are lots of tools (AppleScripts) to archive mail into a FileMaker
> > database, for example. Most of these are free.
>
> Well certainly finding "solutions" can become a full-time job.  When I
> used Filemaker and Eudora I found some filemaker importers but they
> were for-fee and in the end I didn't really want it in Filemaker.  It
> was a bother.

Finding solutions can be time-consuming, but you said in an earlier
message you wanted to import the messages into a database. FileMaker is
the dominant database solution on the Mac (and the second most
prominent on Windows), so I thought that it was a reasonable example.
If the database is worth a damn, it will be scriptable, so getting the
messages from mail to the database shouldn't be difficult.

> > Mail has a functional search capability: strings within the
> > headers/body/subject of the current/selected/all mailboxes. This is
> > sufficient and then some for most users.
>
> So you say, I've never gotten them to work worth a damn.  I just
> clipped some text out of a messag in my in file.  Pasted it in  the
> search dialogue--couldn't find it.  I know that Eudora had a real good
> search capability too couldn't find anything.  Why?  Who knows.

I'd suggest "pilot error" in that case, because I just copied/pasted
some text from a message into the Search box, chose all mailboxes from
the popup and Mail showed me a list of all messages in all my mailboxes
that contained that string, including the message currently being
displayed.

> > If you're looking for a "grep" search with spam-blocking, check out
> > MailSmith (it comes with SpamSieve, which is at least as good as the
> > spam-blocker in Mail).
>
> Actually the idea of doing grep vita the terminal is the most feasible
> I've bumped into yet, so I may take that route.

Certainly reasonable.

--
Spenser
0
Turley <dturley@pobox_NOT_.com> wrote:

> > > (I'm not one the mindless droids who fell for the G5 hoax either.)
> >
> > You mean there is'nt a G5?  It's just a hoax!
>
> No, the hoax mentioned refers to the story that some guy gutted a G5 and
> turned it into a winderz pc, and the mac drones bitched and moaned about
> it, like it mattered. The sad part is the story was an obvious joke, and
> these clowns fell for it.
>
> But, then again, you knew all that and were just being a dork about it.
> :-)

No, actually I didn't know about this "hoax", but being a dork is not
something I can easily deny for any number of reasons...

--
First they gerrymander us into one-party fiefs. Then they tell us they only
care about the swing districts. Then they complain about voter apathy.
 -- Gail Collins
0
Gerry
2/2/2004 6:10:48 AM
In article <010220041559429601%dogbreath@chaseabone.com.invalid>, sbt
<dogbreath@chaseabone.com.invalid> wrote:

> > Well certainly finding "solutions" can become a full-time job.  When I
> > used Filemaker and Eudora I found some filemaker importers but they
> > were for-fee and in the end I didn't really want it in Filemaker.  It
> > was a bother.
> >
> Finding solutions can be time-consuming, but you said in an earlier
> message you wanted to import the messages into a database. FileMaker is
> the dominant database solution on the Mac (and the second most
> prominent on Windows), so I thought that it was a reasonable example.
> If the database is worth a damn, it will be scriptable, so getting the
> messages from mail to the database shouldn't be difficult.

Not if you've got the enough time, no.  And certainly routing it freely
to FileMaker is reasonable.  Panorama is my preferred now, and when I
can role up my sleeves at go after Mr. Neuberg's excellent applescript
book I'm sure I can write a solution.  But first, the laundry...

> > > Mail has a functional search capability: strings within the
> > > headers/body/subject of the current/selected/all mailboxes. This is
> > > sufficient and then some for most users.
> >
> > So you say, I've never gotten them to work worth a damn.  I just
> > clipped some text out of a messag in my in file.  Pasted it in  the
> > search dialogue--couldn't find it.  I know that Eudora had a real good
> > search capability too couldn't find anything.  Why?  Who knows.
> >
> I'd suggest "pilot error" in that case, because I just copied/pasted
> some text from a message into the Search box, chose all mailboxes from
> the popup and Mail showed me a list of all messages in all my mailboxes
> that contained that string, including the message currently being
> displayed.

It's a pretty straight-up display, cut-and-paste is a pretty easy
process. We needn't continue this route; for me and all the idiots of
the world, their search facility sucks.

--
First they gerrymander us into one-party fiefs. Then they tell us they only
care about the swing districts. Then they complain about voter apathy.
 -- Gail Collins
0
Gerry
2/2/2004 6:15:41 AM
In article <010220042210483462%222ggg@spam.really.sucks>,
 Gerry <222ggg@spam.really.sucks> wrote:

> No, actually I didn't know about this "hoax", but being a dork is not
> something I can easily deny for any number of reasons...

I've been called worse myself. :-)
0
David
2/2/2004 12:09:59 PM
In article <gwestonREMOVE-33DB4C.14095601022004@netnews.comcast.net>,
 Gregory Weston <gwestonREMOVE@CAPSattbi.com> wrote:

> Any decent third-party
> developer _could_ provide a functional superset (and some do). But as
> Doc alluded: they've got to see a justification for their up-front costs.

Or they need to have their own itch.  When I started on the SpamCop
bundle it was because spam, and the hassle trying to report it from
Mail, was pissing me off enough to take the time to integrate it.  For
anything beyond my "grep the mbox" suggestion, and since there are no
other bundles I know of to do advanced searches I assume it's not an
itch many developers need scratched themselves.

Back to the OP, another possible approach is to keep your messages on an
IMAP server so that you *could* use a mail client with better search
support without dropping Mail for your regular use.
0
Doc
2/2/2004 3:28:40 PM
Doc O'Leary  <droleary.usenet@subsume.com> wrote:

> Or they need to have their own itch.  When I started on the SpamCop
> bundle it was because spam, and the hassle trying to report it from
> Mail, was pissing me off enough to take the time to integrate it.  For
> anything beyond my "grep the mbox" suggestion, and since there are no
> other bundles I know of to do advanced searches I assume it's not an
> itch many developers need scratched themselves.

Does there exist any documentation, anywhere, on mail bundles?  I have
looked, and have been unable to find anything telling me what they even
are.  Maybe there would be more developers if there was a spec to write
code to?

--
Jeremy  |  jeremy@exit109.com
0
 Jeremy Nixon <jeremy@exit109.com> wrote:

> Does there exist any documentation, anywhere, on mail bundles?  I have
> looked, and have been unable to find anything telling me what they even
> are.  Maybe there would be more developers if there was a spec to write
> code to?

Yes, a lot of developers would like some API published, but there isn't
one.  It doesn't help that the interface changes with every major Mail
release.  Most things can be handled (slowly) with AppleScript instead.
The closest things to documentation are using class-dump on Mail and the
bundles with source code like GPGMail, but you still have to puzzle out
the Cocoa code yourself.
0
Doc
2/3/2004 4:26:12 PM
h.sainct@laposte.net (Fr�d�rique & Herv� Sainct) writes:

> I see you use gnus as a newsreader. I heard very favorable things
> about it (scoring, graph. threading). Does it have a *mail*
> threading capability too?

So far, I've found that Gnus is the best program around for reading
newsgroup messages.  In addition to having tons of features, it is
infinitely customizable.  Just about every feature you can think of
has a hook where you can install an assoc-list for per-group
customization, including your own elisp function if none of the
provided options works for you.

For example, I post messages with three different values on the From:
line, depending on which groups I'm in.  And for a while, I had Gnus
launch the BSD fortune program to automatically pull random 4-line
quotes for use as signatures.

As for mail, I don't use Gnus for that, but I will quote you the
documentation.  Here's the intro page to its mail features:

        Mail in a Newsreader
        --------------------

        If you are used to traditional mail readers, but have decided
        to switch to reading mail with Gnus, you may find yourself
        experiencing something of a culture shock.

        Gnus does not behave like traditional mail readers.  If you
        want to make it behave that way, you can, but it's an uphill
        battle.

        Gnus, by default, handles all its groups using the same
        approach.  This approach is very newsreaderly--you enter a
        group, see the new/unread messages, and when you read the
        messages, they get marked as read, and you don't see them any
        more.  (Unless you explicitly ask for them.)

        In particular, you do not do anything explicitly to delete
        messages.

        Does this mean that all the messages that have been marked as
        read are deleted?  How awful!

        But, no, it means that old messages are "expired" according to
        some scheme or other.  For news messages, the expire process
        is controlled by the news administrator; for mail, the expire
        process is controlled by you.  The expire process for mail is
        covered in depth in *note Expiring Mail::.

        What many Gnus users find, after using it a while for both
        news and mail, is that the transport mechanism has very little
        to do with how they want to treat a message.

        Many people subscribe to several mailing lists.  These are
        transported via SMTP, and are therefore mail.  But we might go
        for weeks without answering, or even reading these messages
        very carefully.  We may not need to save them because if we
        should need to read one again, they are archived somewhere
        else.

        Some people have local news groups which have only a handful
        of readers.  These are transported via NNTP, and are therefore
        news.  But we may need to read and answer a large fraction of
        the messages very carefully in order to do our work.  And
        there may not be an archive, so we may need to save the
        interesting messages the same way we would personal mail.

        The important distinction turns out to be not the transport
        mechanism, but other factors such as how interested we are in
        the subject matter, or how easy it is to retrieve the message
        if we need to read it again.

        Gnus provides many options for sorting mail into "groups"
        which behave like newsgroups, and for treating each group
        (whether mail or news) differently.

        Some users never get comfortable using the Gnus (ahem)
        paradigm and wish that Gnus should grow up and be a male, er,
        mail reader.  It is possible to whip Gnus into a more
        mailreaderly being, but, as said before, it's not easy.
        People who prefer proper mail readers should try VM instead,
        which is an excellent, and proper, mail reader.

        I don't mean to scare anybody off, but I want to make it clear
        that you may be required to learn a new way of thinking about
        messages.  After you've been subjected to The Gnus Way, you
        will come to love it.  I can guarantee it.  (At least the guy
        who sold me the Emacs Subliminal Brain-Washing Functions that
        I've put into Gnus did guarantee it.  You Will Be Assimilated.
        You Love Gnus.  You Love The Gnus Mail Way.  You Do.)

In other words, everything is a newsgroup.  Everything you can do to a
newsgroup can also be done to your mail.  So, yes, threading should
be available there as well.
0
shamino
2/5/2004 5:08:45 AM
On 2004-01-31 16:55:27 -0500, Gregory Weston
<gwestonREMOVE@CAPSattbi.com> said:

> In article
> <dturley-8560C7.13575231012004@news-central.ash.giganews.com>,
>  David Turley <dturley@pobox_NOT_.com> wrote:
>
> > In article <m2y8roc7mp.fsf@qqqq.invalid>, shamino@techie.com (David
> > C.)
> > wrote:
> >
> > > mbox files are text files.
> > >
> > > Load one into vi (or Emacs, or whatever your favorite text editor
> > > may
> > > be), do your regex search in there to find the text you want.
> > > Then
> > > just scroll up a bit until you find the message's header.  Now
> > > you
> > > know what to look for in Mail.app (or you can just use the text
> > > right
> > > there.)
> >
> > Grepping thru a few dozen mbox files does not strike me as a
> > convenient
> > way of dealing with mail searches. Hence, my hope for a database
> > solution. I guess there's always hope Apple will put someone with
> > some
> > advanced programming skills to work on the builtin search function;
> > the
> > one there should be an embarrassment to Apple.
>
> Problem is, as soon as Apple does do that, the people who complain
> that
> Mail isn't functional enough will be replaced by those who complain
> that
> Apple is once again stomping all over opportunities for 3rd-party
> developers.

Well then, let's get THIS message out to third party developpers so
SOMETHING will start happening!
-d

0
Darius
2/7/2004 4:31:15 AM
David C. <shamino@techie.com> wrote:

> (...)
> As for mail, I don't use Gnus for that, but I will quote you the
> documentation.  Here's the intro page to its mail features:
> (...)
> In other words, everything is a newsgroup.  Everything you can do to a
> newsgroup can also be done to your mail.  So, yes, threading should
> be available there as well.

This is *exactly* why I use MacSoup to handle my maillists like
newsgroups. I think Gnus appears to be very, very interesting, at least
to me, at least in this respect. I cannot but try.

Knowing that I am almost X11-disabled (some will say 'deficient' :-), do
you know of a version that I could easily install, more or less by
double-clicking on somethingl like an installer file?

In any case, thank you for this detailed answer!

Herve

--
Fr�d�rique & Herv� Sainct, h.sainct@laposte.net
Fr�d�rique's initial is missing in front of the above address
l'initiale de Fr�d�rique manque devant l'adresse email ci-dessus
Fr�d�rique & Herv� Sainct writes:
> David C. wrote:
>>
>> (...)
>> As for mail, I don't use Gnus for that, but I will quote you the
>> documentation.  Here's the intro page to its mail features:
>> (...)
>> In other words, everything is a newsgroup.  Everything you can do
>> to a newsgroup can also be done to your mail.  So, yes, threading
>> should be available there as well.
>
> This is *exactly* why I use MacSoup to handle my maillists like
> newsgroups. I think Gnus appears to be very, very interesting, at
> least to me, at least in this respect. I cannot but try.
>
> Knowing that I am almost X11-disabled (some will say 'deficient'
> :-), do you know of a version that I could easily install, more or
> less by double-clicking on somethingl like an installer file?

Every time I've tried to download such an installation, it hasn't
worked for me.

If you're OK running it in a terminal window, MacOS X includes a
console-only build of GNU Emacs.  Just type "emacs" at a prompt to
run it.

If you want something that runs as a GUI app (as I do), you will
probably have to compile it yourself.  I used these directions:

        http://members.shaw.ca/akochoi-emacs/stories/obtaining-and-building.html

to do it.  Note that the above site may be going off-line in the
future, since its owner is no longer in charge of the OS X port of
Emacs.

The process for downloading and compiling it on Panther is very
simple.  From a command-line:

    export CVS_RSH="ssh"
    cvs -z3 -d:ext:anoncvs@savannah.gnu.org:/cvsroot/emacs co emacs
    (verify that the site's public key is
                      80:5a:b0:0c:ec:93:66:29:49:7e:04:2b:fd:ba:2c:d5)
    cd emacs

At this point, i strongly recommend reading the various text files
about compiling and installing.  You may want to customize the next
few lines in order to compile everything the way you like it.

    ./configure --with-carbon --without-x
    make bootstrap
    sudo make install

This makes a build that uses the MacOS GUI natively and does not use
X11.  This is how I have my installation built, and it works great.

Making the icon for launching Emacs via the Finder is a little more
tricky, but it's still not too bad.

Good luck.

-- David
0
shamino
2/9/2004 12:37:15 AM
I tested the gnus version that comes with OSX via the terminal, but I
agree with you, I clearly prefer a GUI...

Thank you for this very detailed instructions!
I think I've found what to do on my next rainy week-end :-)

Herve
--
On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Fr�d�rique & Herv wrote:
>  I tested the gnus version that comes with OSX via the terminal, but I
>  agree with you, I clearly prefer a GUI...
>
>  Thank you for this very detailed instructions!
>  I think I've found what to do on my next rainy week-end :-)

Well, xemacs is available, if you use X11.app -- and there's an aqua
version of emacs available (google for it).

In addition, one can use VM in emacs/xemacs to handle mail.   Getting it
to work nicely with Mail.app is a different question.  I've experimented
with it, but I suspect it will require setting my system up as a mail
server to make it work nicely.  I know that's been done, but I've not
tried it yet.

joe
0
Joe

Mail and imported mail in mail app

Mac mail app problems sending mail??
Sometimes when I send email I get an error message stating it will remain in outbox blah, blah, blah. It also says "Verify that you have addressed this message correctly. Check you SMTP server settings in Mail Preferences and verify and advanced settings with your system administrator." Now... when I go to Mail> Preferences> Accounts, I change the server settings and set authentication to Password. Once I enter password and whatnot, the mail gets sent. Sounds like the problems fixed but......... In a few more days, I get the error message again. This time I set the authenticati...

Mac mail.app to iPod touch mail transfer
Running a MacBook with 10.6.5 and a 3rd gen iPod touch with 4.2.1. Without getting into long explanations, I cannot have wifi in my house, and it would be most convenient to write my emails on my Mac, transfer them to my iPod, and send them out from a public hot spot in town. I have been doing this by writing the mails in mail.app>notes, syncing the ipod, then copy and pasting from ipod notes to ipod mail. I have airsharing and goodreader and probably could use them also. But is there a more convenient way like an app at the iTunes store that would directly transfer from mail/Ma...

Mail.app
I lost some mail today. I had dragged a couple of folders to a new location. When I looked in the folders, it appeared the mail was there but everything was empty. I tried rebuilding the folders and the headers disappeared as well. At that point I was pretty desperate. Most of the mail was from today and would not be on my backup. I restarted the computer and rebuilt the folders again. Low-and-behold, most of the mail came back but not all of it and I am still missing a couple of items I can not afford to lose. So, what did I do, so I can avoid doing it again? How can ...

Vacation mail with mail.app
Here is a script I wrote for vacation notices; it will send the notice only once to each person you receive mail from. I suggest running it after any rules to file mailing list items into folders, so that it doesn't send vacation mail notices to the lists. The actual notice is sent by the rule; the script is what keeps the rule from sending more than one notice to any given address. First set up an address-book group named "Vacation" Then set up a rule with the criterion "If sender is not a member of group Vacation" Set up the actions Reply to Message Run App...

Dupe Mail in Mail.app
For a couple of months now, almost every email I get arrives in groups of two. Identical email. Any idea why this might be? -- Thank you and have a nice day. In article <2007010216231775249-xxx@yyyzzz>, gtr <xxx@yyy.zzz> wrote: > For a couple of months now, almost every email I get arrives in groups > of two. Identical email. > > Any idea why this might be? Might be an ISP issue. Contact your ISP for assistance. In article <2007010216231775249-xxx@yyyzzz>, gtr <xxx@yyy.zzz> wrote: > For a couple of months now, almost every email I get arrives...

Mail.app Mailing List?
Does the OS X mail.app have a mailing list about and if so, where can I find it?? -- Bob Batson rcb@kc.rr.com "Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines" Bob Batson wrote: > Does the OS X mail.app have a mailing list about and if so, where can I > find it?? > Not sure if it's what your asking, but the Address Book application allows you to create mailing lists, and there's lots of information in the Address Book Help file. Once you've created the list, you can select it and use it in the Mail application. In article <rcYye...

Editing mail in Mail.app
I asked this a long time ago and there wasn't a way to do it. Is there a way yet? Sometimes I want to save just part of a mail item and I want to remove all the clutter. This is easy in Windows. I don't know why it is seemingly impossible in OS X. -- Robert B. Peirce, Venetia, PA 724-941-6883 bob AT peirce-family.com [Mac] rbp AT cooksonpeirce.com [Office] In article <bob-F86E3E.15561610022008@news.verizon.net>, Robert Peirce <bob@peirce-family.com.invalid> wrote: > I asked this a long time ago and there wasn't a way to do it. Is there > a way yet?...

Netscape mail in Mail.app?
I acquired one of those free netscape.net email addresses way back when Netscape was my primary browser. Unless I'm mistaken, Netscape (the company) makes sure their mail program is only accessible throug either Netscape (the browser) or Netscape's (the company) web site. (Mail.app can't connect to imap.mail.netcenter.com no matter what settings I tweak.) I just noticed that httpmail plugin, which allows Hotmail users to access their mail through Mail.app has been updated. One of the comments in MacUpdate asks whether the plugin could be hacked to receive Netscape mail. As of a fe...

mail.app does not fetch mail
Hi: For the last four days mail.app has refused to fetch any mail from my pop account. As far as I know, I have made no changes to my system or the mail app. I know I have new mail because I can access my mail via pine on the shell account at the isp. Mail tries, it logs on, checks password successfully, then spends a little too long on "checking for messages" and finds none. I've not tried any other methods of checking my email as none of the mailers I have around seem to support ssl. Any help greatly appreciated! Eric In article <250120041742285724%UNericfiveSPAM@onl...

Mail Links In Web Apps won't open any mail apps? Help!!! Thanks
that is if I click on a link in Safari or Internet Explorer that contains an e-mail address it won't open a mail app. the dock kind of moves a bit and that's it. this is a total pain in the butt because these address's are imbedded and I can't see what the address is. I checked the useless discussions on the apple sight and they were uh...useless. I checked all preferences and that didn't fix it.Someone suggested that the default setting in the apple mail app would have a place to set it but that didn't work. Any suggestions? thanks for the help -- Barry ...

autoforward mail in mail; app?
After I signed up with attglobal, I discovered that they don't have web access to your POP mail. They do this in order to gauge you on their access lines in foreign countries. However, when I travel outside the USA, I don't schlep my laptop but use cyber cafes. A couple of weeks on windows makes me appreciate OS X all the more. However, with my limited choices on my little rock, it's inconvenient to change ISP's right now. So, I'm wondering if mail app can automatically forward my attglobal mail to say a yahoo account? There is a $15 shareware program that works in OS ...

importing mail from Mail.app?
5.2.1 paid OSX 10.2.6 iMac 800 flat-screen OK, now that I've finally switched back to Eudora from Mail.app, can anyone suggest a painless way to import all that email I've accumulated in Mail over into Eudora? The Eudora manual only discusses Outlook Express, and my Googling has proved fruitless, as has searching thru the postings in this group. I seem to remember a nifty program to take mail in the other direction! Thanks again, rudi overit <baying@themoon.com> wrote: > 5.2.1 paid > OSX 10.2.6 > iMac 800 flat-screen > > OK, now that...

Mail Merge to Mail.app?
I can do mail merge with MS Word/Entourage, but I haven't yet found a way to merge to mail.app. Is there a way to do mail merge to mail.app? In article <vikr-819ADF.13453731102006@news.west.earthlink.net>, Vik Rubenfeld <vikr@mindspring.com.invalid> wrote: > I can do mail merge with MS Word/Entourage, but I haven't yet found a > way to merge to mail.app. > > Is there a way to do mail merge to mail.app? Probably with an Applescript. -- Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Impeach the son of a Bush. ...

Web resources about - Archiving mail from mail.app - comp.sys.mac.apps

Picture archiving and communication system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Electronic images and reports are transmitted digitally via PACS; this eliminates the need to manually file, retrieve, or transport film jackets. ...

Facebook Introducing Archiving of Campaigns, Ad Sets, Ads Sept. 19?
Some Facebook page administrators are seeing alerts in Ads Manager informing them that they will be able to archive campaigns , ad sets and ads, ...

Archiving Early America on the App Store on iTunes
Get Archiving Early America on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

3.5" floppy-disk archiving machine, out of Lego Mindstorms - YouTube
This machine archives 3.5" floppy disks automatically. I built it using Lego Mindstorms, Android, Fedora, and Python. Watch. It strips a disk ...

Archiving website Storify to get Arabic translation thanks to Gulf volunteers
Device allows social media stories to be saved for posterity. DUBAI // A popular social-media archiving site will soon be available with an Arabic ...

In Search of the Long-Term Archiving Solution —Tape Delivers Significant TCO Advantage over Disk - ARN ...
The source for IT industry news, views and analysis across the channel, business and technology

Facebook Introducing Archiving of Campaigns, Ad Sets, Ads Sept. 19?
Some Facebook page administrators are seeing alerts in Ads Manager informing them that they will be able to archive campaigns , ad sets and ads, ...

Mysms, Evernote Team Up on Text Message Archiving Service
... notebook that you can sync and access across multiple devices and platforms. “We were always looking to integrate with a partner for archiving ...

IRS contracted with email archiving company in 2005
... according to FedSpending.org , which lists the contract as being for "automatic data processing services." Sonasoft's motto is "email archiving ...

Glympse for Android update brings Evernote archiving
Glympse is an app that allows you to share your current location with others. The nice part of Glympse is how this is all handled on your terms. ...