Browser Won't Insert Text

Mac G4 1.8Ghz running 10.3. Occasionally, various webpages will not
accept inserted text in Safari, Mozilla, and Firefox. Rebooting,
re-installing,
repairing permissions, doesn't work.

It's particularly annoying using Pair.com mail, which relies on the
browser
window.

Any ideas what could cause this? Strange parameter corruptions? Option
not set right? PHP errors?  Any ideas????

Mark

0
gmark (170)

In article <1161545111.456670.172730@f16g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
<gmark@svs.com> wrote:

> Mac G4 1.8Ghz running 10.3. Occasionally, various webpages will not
> accept inserted text in Safari, Mozilla, and Firefox. Rebooting,
> re-installing,
> repairing permissions, doesn't work.
>
> It's particularly annoying using Pair.com mail, which relies on the
> browser
> window.
>
> Any ideas what could cause this? Strange parameter corruptions? Option
> not set right? PHP errors?  Any ideas????

What do you mean by "inserted text"? Do you mean pasting text that is
on the clipboard?
0
Dave
10/22/2006 8:01:51 PM
<gmark@svs.com> wrote:

> Mac G4 1.8Ghz running 10.3. Occasionally, various webpages will not
> accept inserted text in Safari, Mozilla, and Firefox. Rebooting,
> re-installing,
> repairing permissions, doesn't work.
>
> It's particularly annoying using Pair.com mail, which relies on the
> browser
> window.
>
> Any ideas what could cause this? Strange parameter corruptions? Option
> not set right? PHP errors?  Any ideas????
>

> Mark

WHat operation are you talking about?
Are you trying to paste text into a Web site?
is the Web site providing a field for insertion?

is the text formatted, and is formatting allowed in that place?
0
Mitch
10/23/2006 12:52:45 AM
Here's your solution:

www.hp.com

www.microsoft.com/ie

0
MuahMan
10/23/2006 1:35:27 AM
gmark@svs.com wrote:
> Mac G4 1.8Ghz running 10.3. Occasionally, various webpages will not
> accept inserted text in Safari, Mozilla, and Firefox. Rebooting,
> re-installing,
> repairing permissions, doesn't work.
>
> It's particularly annoying using Pair.com mail, which relies on the
> browser
> window.
>
> Any ideas what could cause this? Strange parameter corruptions? Option
> not set right? PHP errors?  Any ideas????

It's OS X and you wonder why it's not working right?  My idea is simple
- go try it a Windows machine and see if it works.  If it does, then
you have the problem isolated.

0
tom_elam
10/23/2006 3:06:01 PM
<tom_elam@earthlink.net> wrote:

> My idea is simple
> - go try it a Windows machine and see if it works.
....great idea ;)
if you ever change the OS when hitting a crappy website, lot's of
changes to do per day...
0
frank_perrey
10/27/2006 10:03:18 AM
<gmark@svs.com> wrote:

> Any ideas what could cause this?
....a break in the text you want to paste?
False length of content? (to many characters)

Does the copied content paste into a text editor's page without probs?
(try BBedit or TextEdit)
Where do you copy your content from?

Greatings Frank
0
frank_perrey
10/27/2006 10:09:08 AM
On 2006-10-27 06:03:18 -0400, frank_perrey@web.de (Frank Perrey) said:

> <tom_elam@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> My idea is simple
>> - go try it a Windows machine and see if it works.
> ...great idea ;)
> if you ever change the OS when hitting a crappy website, lot's of
> changes to do per day...

I'm down to viewing pages on a vast array of abacuses hanging on the
side of the building across the street.  Not a very good resolution,
but the standards compliance is excellent.  ;)

Frank Perrey wrote:
> <gmark@svs.com> wrote:
>
> > Any ideas what could cause this?
> ...a break in the text you want to paste?
> False length of content? (to many characters)
>
> Does the copied content paste into a text editor's page without probs?
> (try BBedit or TextEdit)
> Where do you copy your content from?
>
> Greatings Frank

It's not being copied. It's just that the windows that come up to allow
one to type into them just don't accept the typed characters. It's
weird.

Mark

0
gmark