Canon ip8500 Pixma Printer / AlBook Running Tiger / Problems

I have a Canon ip8500 Pixma printer connected to a 17" AlBook (most recent
version) running Tiger. There are two items of software that come with the
printer, a driver, and a photo printing program that allows the printer to
exploit all eight color inks.  The driver installer hangs about half way
through, but it appears that the driver is installed as I can select the
printer and print. The photo printing program installs, but hangs upon
launch. I've checked the Canon website and there is no mention of any problem
with the printer software and Tiger. Has anyone else had this kind of
problem, and if so, have they found a solution?

--
James L. Ryan -- TaliesinSoft

0
taliesinsoft (1864)

Problem with Canon Pixma ip4000 printer
X-No-Archive My Canon Pixma ip4000 printer: I haven't used it in months, and barely used it all before then, but just 2 weeks after my warranty ran out it has decided to stop working. When power is turned on, the printer head refuses to snap-to the center; it behaves as if it's locked or a pulley (rubber band?) isn't working. The power light flashes alternatively orange and green (which, according to the manual indicates a possible "repair shop" problem.) Before I bring this to a shop and spend probably the amount I paid for it brand-new, is there a way of fi...

Problems running Classic app in Tiger
One app that I run in classic says this whenever I open it. "Sorry an unexpected error has occured. There is not enough free memory to continue." Anyone know how I can fix this and get this app working again? It worked just fine in OS 9.1 Thanks. John -- http://johnw.freeshell.org/bible/ Bible John <john.doggett@x-files.gov> wrote: > One app that I run in classic says this whenever I open it. > > "Sorry an unexpected error has occured. There is not enough free memory > to continue." > > Anyone know how I can fix this and get this...

Canon Pixma iP4500 printer head problem
My Pixma iP4500 is 6 months old. I used it one day, and all was fine then the next time I turned it on, it says there is no printer head o the one installed is incompatible with the printer. Have trie reinstalling the printer drivers x3 without success. Printer doe between 500 -1,000 pages per week most weeks, mostly black, but som coloured stuff of late. Also tried cleaning the head gently with tissue. Any helpful advice would be very much appreciated Since it's only 6 months old I'd certainly get in touch with the plac of purchase or maybe contact Canon support ...

UPDATE: "Problem with Canon Pixma ip4000 printer"
I received a brand-new (refurbished? not sure) ip4000 Pixma tonight from Canon, even though my defective one was two weeks past warranty. And yes, it came with a new print head and new ink. So, thanks to this excellent customer service, my opinion on Canon has done a 180: (reversing my earlier, knee-jerk vow) I will definitely continue buying Canon products. Shnaggletooth shnaggletooth@yahoo.com wrote: >I received a brand-new (refurbished? not sure) ip4000 Pixma tonight >from Canon, even though my defective one was two weeks past warranty. >And yes, it came with a new p...

problems with running SAINT (invalid key file) problems with running SAINT (invalid key file) problems with running SAINT (invalid key file) problems with running SAINT (invalid key file)
Hello, I downloaded Free Trial version of SAINT program. I have got two computers connected via net adapter. I set their IP's to 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2 (Mandrake 9.0 both). These are numbers I typed when requested during downloading. Next I installed the program according to instructions present on your Website. Installation was completed successfully. Downloaded saint.key and IP numbers in the file agree with those typed. Copied it to saint-5.1.3 directory. Now, when I try to scan one of the computers following message shows up: 'Warning: Invalid Targets There was 1 invalid tar...

Canon Pixma w/ Mac OS 8.6 - 9.2?
Hi, I apparently need to replace a Canon i560 which is only printing black and yellow. Have run the usual gamut of trying to clean printhead. No luck and tired of trying. Problem might be resolved with a new printhead but of course, for a few dollars more...... I can get a new Pixma 4200 cheap.. (or 1700). The only drivers mentioned by Canon are OSX+. Problem is I happen to still use a PowerMac G3 which I run OS 8.6 on, and the 560 still had a driver designated for that. I want to switch between an OSX laptop and this older desktop which i could do with the i560... Any thir...

Best app. to run PC apps through Mac?
Have two Macs (OS 9.2.2) networked with a Compaq. I need to run the PC's IE remotely via my Mac (as a client). DAVE seems soley devoted to file sharing. Again, running OS 9.2.2 so can't take advantage of Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac. Any suggestions? "eMac" <dcallaha@infionline.net> wrote in message news:1ggyxoc.9se1o61ha5ki0N%dcallaha@infionline.net... > Have two Macs (OS 9.2.2) networked with a Compaq. I need to run the > PC's IE remotely via my Mac (as a client). DAVE seems soley devoted to > file sharing. Again, running OS 9.2.2 so ...

Mac to TV HDMI hook-up problem: Running apps and icons don't show up. Suggestions?
I used an adapter from the mini DVI port to connect my iMac to my TV using an HDMI cable. On the TV, the HDMI showed up as a source, but when I chose it, my desktop photo and background color showed up on screen and that's all. The dock, icons, and none of the open applications appeared. Also, all the app windows on the Mac got reduced in size. How can I make other stuff from my Mac show up on the TV screen. I'd like to use the Play Now function in Netflix for the TV, but I'd have to figure out how to get Safari to display on the TV. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any...

No printer model for Canon in Tiger Printer Setup Utility
I have successfully set up remote printing from my OS X 10.4 Tiger laptop to my Canon S750 printer connected to my Win XP home PC. I can print across the network, through the XP box and all the way to the printer - but nothing emerges. I suspect that my problem is the lack of any Canon printer models to choose from in the Printer Setup Utility on the OS X laptop. When I open the Printer Setup Utility and click on the "More Printers ..." button, I can navigate through the workgroup to the XP box and to the Shared printer without any problems. In the Printer Model pulldown, ...

Run Linux App over Mac OS X via Mac X11
Hello. I have a working Linux GUI app and tried in vain to run it over MacOS X via X11. The error msg from X11 is as follows: ------------------------------------------------- $ Gdk-ERROR **: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation) serial 16453 error_code 2 request_code 45 minor_code 0 ------------------------------------------------------ The app was built using gcc-3.4.2 (gcc-3.4.2/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.2), and libwx_gtkd_gl-2.4.a. Could some tell me how to fix or get around it. Many thanks ming -----Original Message----- From: Henk Boons...

Canon Printer Problem.
I have a Canon BJC2100 Printer that was working perfectly until I unplugged it to move my computer. When I plugged it back in it stopped working. The problem is that the printhead won't go to the starting position, it stays in the center. I tried unplugging it for about an hour then plugging it back in again. It seems to recycle but it comes back to the center position. I tried replacing the ink carts and it does the same thing. I replaced the printhead and it made no difference. I tried removing the driver and installing the driver again (3 different times) but it doe...

Canon printer problems
Hi I was given this printer, this is the info i got from the start, i havent tried it yet as i have to dig out the usb lead. Seems to be faulty, we have tried lots of different cartrages and different print heads, but doesn't print black properly Its a i250. I havent seen one of these before. I hate throwing anything away, is there much chance of getting it up and running? ta Sounds like a dead print head... which is probably why someone gave it away. -- Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging "Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales" <julianha...

Canon Printers + Macs
Hi, I'm a Mac User of 6 years or so both at home and work and am looking to upgrade my home printer from a crappy HP inkjet to a multifunction laser. I would think in this day and age that most printers would be happy connecting to Macs, but I don't want to make a really expensive assumption. At work, we have all networked printers and I don't deal with any tech support issues, so everything prints when I tell it to. I have been very happy with our Canon Laser Class 510, which is a Fax/Copier/ Scanner/Printer. I was curious if anyone had success hooking up this model directly to ...

Web resources about - Canon ip8500 Pixma Printer / AlBook Running Tiger / Problems - comp.sys.mac.apps

Cheque use declining but fraud still a problem
Cheques account for less than 5 per cent of non-cash transactions in Australia but last year there were nearly 200 cheque fraud offences

No shuttle? No problem. Space City’s new carrier aircraft exhibit soars
Independence sits atop the Shuttle Carrier Aircraft. (credit: Lee Hutchinson) HOUSTON—It was the bitterest of pills for Houston, the home of ...

Existing Home Sales Bounce Essentially a Mirage; Supply Drops to 11-Year Low: Is that a Problem?
Home Sales Mirage Bounce December existing Home Sales bounced a whopping 14.7% from November's dismal showing. But most of that bounce was a ...

Flint’s Not the Only Problem in Michigan
State residents are protesting a plan by a Marathon Petroleum refinery to increase emissions of sulfur dioxide and seven other toxic chemicals. ...

Complaining About Social Media? You’re Part Of The Problem.
... for following people back. If anything, this “quid pro quo” thing we’ve created on social networks is part of what has created the very problem ...

Tesla had problems with its Falcon Wing doors — but crazy car doors have a long history
... associated with putting together doors as complex as those found the X. As it turns out, Tesla did indeed encounter for than a few problems ...

The Problem Is Power Itself
... to ensure that only the ‘right’ people control state power, but by reducing state power itself. Put differently, the fundamental problem is ...

Viola Davis: The problem isn’t the Oscars, the problem is the whole industry
... her anger and sadness at the system that devalues her as a woman and as an artist. So, Viola has chimed in about #OscarsSoWhite. “The problem ...

IDG Contributor Network: The machine learning problem of the next decade
A few months ago, my company, CrowdFlower, ran a machine learning competition on Kaggle . It perfectly highlighted the biggest opportunity (and ...