Deleted sent mail in Apple Mail application

My Apple Mail application has three trash folders.  One marked Clara, my Isp.
 One marked Nildram my broadband supplier and one quaintly marked "On my
Mac".
My Clara trash folder is showing a message in it, that I can't read, delete
or move.  Whilst attempting to delete it, I seem to have deleted all of my
sent mail going back about five years.
Is it possible that the mail is still somewhere on the HD, and if so can
anyone tell me where.  I can find no trace of it in my Home Folder>library.

0
pfjamesAT (114)

In article <0001HW.BFA0C4710002EB31F0284550@news.claranews.com>,
 Peter James <pfjamesAT@clara.co.uk> wrote:

> My Apple Mail application has three trash folders.  One marked Clara, my Isp.
>  One marked Nildram my broadband supplier and one quaintly marked "On my
> Mac".
> My Clara trash folder is showing a message in it, that I can't read, delete
> or move.  Whilst attempting to delete it, I seem to have deleted all of my
> sent mail going back about five years.
> Is it possible that the mail is still somewhere on the HD, and if so can
> anyone tell me where.  I can find no trace of it in my Home Folder>library.

The missing messages might be under the Library->Mail in your account,
but its doubtful. This really depends on how your Mail.app software was
configured and how your mail server works. If the missing messages are
still on your Mac, they might be saved in individual files, each with a
unique number as the file name.

If you can't find the files there, the best way to search for anything
on a Mac, if you're using Tiger, is to use Spotlight. Try searching for
an item you know to have been in your Sent mail folder to see what turns
up, if anything.

I also suggest you get in the habit of doing regular backups.
0
Shawn
11/16/2005 3:06:17 PM
On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 15:06:17 +0000, Shawn Hirn wrote
(in article <srhi-9B48D4.10061716112005@news.giganews.com>):

> In article <0001HW.BFA0C4710002EB31F0284550@news.claranews.com>,
>  Peter James <pfjamesAT@clara.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> My Apple Mail application has three trash folders.  One marked Clara, my
>> Isp.
>> One marked Nildram my broadband supplier and one quaintly marked "On my
>> Mac".
>> My Clara trash folder is showing a message in it, that I can't read, delete
>> or move.  Whilst attempting to delete it, I seem to have deleted all of my
>> sent mail going back about five years.
>> Is it possible that the mail is still somewhere on the HD, and if so can
>> anyone tell me where.  I can find no trace of it in my Home Folder>library.
>
> The missing messages might be under the Library->Mail in your account,
> but its doubtful. This really depends on how your Mail.app software was
> configured and how your mail server works. If the missing messages are
> still on your Mac, they might be saved in individual files, each with a
> unique number as the file name.
>
> If you can't find the files there, the best way to search for anything
> on a Mac, if you're using Tiger, is to use Spotlight. Try searching for
> an item you know to have been in your Sent mail folder to see what turns
> up, if anything.
>
> I also suggest you get in the habit of doing regular backups.

I did a backup only 5 days ago.  But I only backed up the contents of my home
directory.  Are you saying tat this is where the "sent mail" is likely to be.
 I had a look at the backup, but couldn't see the sent folder shown.

0
Peter
11/16/2005 4:01:15 PM
Peter James <pfjamesAT@clara.co.uk> wrote:

> I did a backup only 5 days ago.  But I only backed up the contents of my home
> directory.  Are you saying tat this is where the "sent mail" is likely to be.
>  I had a look at the backup, but couldn't see the sent folder shown.

As Shawn said, it depends on your configuration details. There are lots
of ways to configure mail. Some of them might not even keep things on
your machine at all. At least my idea of a "normal" (for me)
configuration tends to keep everything on my machine. In that case, yes,
it should be somewhere under your home directory.

Looking on the machine I'm writing this from (which is still 10.3 - I've
got a mini running 10.4 at home, but I can't look there right now; I
think I recall that some of the details of Mail.app's storage might have
changed in 10.4 to support spotlight), I find my sent mail under my home
directory in the directory (umm, "folder" to some of you)
"Library/Mail/POP-my-email-address/Sent Messages.mbox".

--
Richard Maine                     | Good judgment comes from experience;
org: nasa, domain: gov            |       -- Mark Twain
Richard E Maine <nospam@see.signature> wrote:

> Peter James <pfjamesAT@clara.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > I did a backup only 5 days ago.  But I only backed up the contents of my
> > home directory.  Are you saying tat this is where the "sent mail" is
> > likely to be.
> >  I had a look at the backup, but couldn't see the sent folder shown.
>
> As Shawn said, it depends on your configuration details. There are lots
> of ways to configure mail. Some of them might not even keep things on
> your machine at all. At least my idea of a "normal" (for me)
> configuration tends to keep everything on my machine. In that case, yes,
> it should be somewhere under your home directory.
>
> Looking on the machine I'm writing this from (which is still 10.3 - I've
> got a mini running 10.4 at home, but I can't look there right now; I
> think I recall that some of the details of Mail.app's storage might have
> changed in 10.4 to support spotlight), I find my sent mail under my home
> directory in the directory (umm, "folder" to some of you)
> "Library/Mail/POP-my-email-address/Sent Messages.mbox".

I have a related question.  If by accident, I hit the delete key for a
sent or in mail, it seems to be deleted permanently from Mail.  It used
to go to the trash, but no longer.  I am running 10.3.8 and in
preferences> accounts I have both boxes checked and the auto trash
delete set at one month.  How can I get deletes sent to the trash again,
and not the great recycle bin in the sky?

TIA
0
paulfuchs
11/16/2005 5:55:35 PM
Paul Fuchs <paulfuchs@porkain'tkosher.oink> wrote:

> I have a related question.  If by accident, I hit the delete key for a
> sent or in mail, it seems to be deleted permanently from Mail.  It used
> to go to the trash, but no longer.  I am running 10.3.8 and in
> preferences> accounts I have both boxes checked and the auto trash
> delete set at one month.  How can I get deletes sent to the trash again,
> and not the great recycle bin in the sky?

I just checked to make sure that my deletes from sent mail do go to
trash (they do), in addition to my deletes from my inbox, which I was
sure of.

I'm confused by your reference to "both boxes checked". I'm also running
10.3.8 on this machine, and I only see one checkbox on the relevant
preferences page. There are other things on th epage, but only one
checkbox. So let's make sure we are really looking at the same thing. It
is under preferences/accounts/"special mailboxes". The only checkbox I
see is labelled "Move deleted messages to a separate folder", and it
should be checked.

Do note that, because this is under "accounts", there is presumably a
separate setting for each account. I've only got one account on this
machine. If you have more than one account, I can easily imagine setting
this, but failing to notice that you just set it for only one of your
accounts.

--
Richard Maine                     | Good judgment comes from experience;
org: nasa, domain: gov            |       -- Mark Twain
0
nospam
11/16/2005 7:16:54 PM
On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 16:29:13 +0000, Richard E Maine wrote
(in article <1h641v2.mzf6o7wid6cuN%nospam@see.signature>):

> Peter James <pfjamesAT@clara.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I did a backup only 5 days ago.  But I only backed up the contents of my
>> home
>> directory.  Are you saying tat this is where the "sent mail" is likely to
>> be.
>> I had a look at the backup, but couldn't see the sent folder shown.
>
> As Shawn said, it depends on your configuration details. There are lots
> of ways to configure mail. Some of them might not even keep things on
> your machine at all. At least my idea of a "normal" (for me)
> configuration tends to keep everything on my machine. In that case, yes,
> it should be somewhere under your home directory.
>
> Looking on the machine I'm writing this from (which is still 10.3 - I've
> got a mini running 10.4 at home, but I can't look there right now; I
> think I recall that some of the details of Mail.app's storage might have
> changed in 10.4 to support spotlight), I find my sent mail under my home
> directory in the directory (umm, "folder" to some of you)
> "Library/Mail/POP-my-email-address/Sent Messages.mbox".

Many thanks,  that's just it!  I did a backup 5 days ago luckily, and there
the sent mails were just as you said.  I copied them across from the backup
CD and rebuilt the mailbox and bob's your uncle.  Goes to prove the value of
a regular backup.
My other problem is that I've still got an email in my trash folder that I
can't delete, view or  move.  Do you have any ideas on this.  Thanks.

0
Peter
11/16/2005 7:26:12 PM
Peter James <pfjamesAT@clara.co.uk> wrote:

> My other problem is that I've still got an email in my trash folder that I
> can't delete, view or  move.  Do you have any ideas on this.  Thanks.

My first suspicion would be a problem with owership/permissions, but I
don't have any more specifics than that. If it were mine, I'd grub
around and look at the permissions on the relevant files using Terminal
to make sure that all the files showed me as the owner and also had both
read and write permissions for owner. I'm sure one can do the same kind
of thing through finder, but I'm personally more proficient at the
command line for that kind of thing (as I learned that level of unix
basics long ago - far longer ago that I've had a Mac).

--
Richard Maine                     | Good judgment comes from experience;
org: nasa, domain: gov            |       -- Mark Twain
0
nospam
11/16/2005 7:48:40 PM
On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 19:26:12 +0000, Peter James wrote
(in article <0001HW.BFA13854000112A1F0407550@news.claranews.com>):

> On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 16:29:13 +0000, Richard E Maine wrote
> (in article <1h641v2.mzf6o7wid6cuN%nospam@see.signature>):
>
>> Peter James <pfjamesAT@clara.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> I did a backup only 5 days ago.  But I only backed up the contents of my
>>> home
>>> directory.  Are you saying tat this is where the "sent mail" is likely to
>>> be.
>>> I had a look at the backup, but couldn't see the sent folder shown.
>>
>> As Shawn said, it depends on your configuration details. There are lots
>> of ways to configure mail. Some of them might not even keep things on
>> your machine at all. At least my idea of a "normal" (for me)
>> configuration tends to keep everything on my machine. In that case, yes,
>> it should be somewhere under your home directory.
>>
>> Looking on the machine I'm writing this from (which is still 10.3 - I've
>> got a mini running 10.4 at home, but I can't look there right now; I
>> think I recall that some of the details of Mail.app's storage might have
>> changed in 10.4 to support spotlight), I find my sent mail under my home
>> directory in the directory (umm, "folder" to some of you)
>> "Library/Mail/POP-my-email-address/Sent Messages.mbox".
>>

> Many thanks,  that's just it!  I did a backup 5 days ago luckily, and there
> the sent mails were just as you said.  I copied them across from the backup
> CD and rebuilt the mailbox and bob's your uncle.  Goes to prove the value of
> a regular backup.
> My other problem is that I've still got an email in my trash folder that I
> can't delete, view or  move.  Do you have any ideas on this.  Thanks.

Well I spoke too soon.  The files displayed for about five minutes then
disappeared.  I checked and they are still in
Library/Mail/Pop-my-email-address/Sent messages.mbox but just wont  show in
Mail.  I repaired the permissions, but this did nothing, and rebuilt the
Mailbox in Mail but no success.

0
Peter
11/17/2005 8:02:28 AM
On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 08:02:28 +0000, Peter James wrote
(in article <0001HW.BFA1E994000550EBF0284550@news.claranews.com>):

> On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 19:26:12 +0000, Peter James wrote
> (in article <0001HW.BFA13854000112A1F0407550@news.claranews.com>):
>
>> On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 16:29:13 +0000, Richard E Maine wrote
>> (in article <1h641v2.mzf6o7wid6cuN%nospam@see.signature>):

>>> As Shawn said, it depends on your configuration details. There are lots
>>> of ways to configure mail. Some of them might not even keep things on
>>> your machine at all. At least my idea of a "normal" (for me)
>>> configuration tends to keep everything on my machine. In that case, yes,
>>> it should be somewhere under your home directory.
>>>
>>> Looking on the machine I'm writing this from (which is still 10.3 - I've
>>> got a mini running 10.4 at home, but I can't look there right now; I
>>> think I recall that some of the details of Mail.app's storage might have
>>> changed in 10.4 to support spotlight), I find my sent mail under my home
>>> directory in the directory (umm, "folder" to some of you)
>>> "Library/Mail/POP-my-email-address/Sent Messages.mbox".
>>>

>> Many thanks,  that's just it!  I did a backup 5 days ago luckily, and there
>> the sent mails were just as you said.  I copied them across from the backup
>> CD and rebuilt the mailbox and bob's your uncle.  Goes to prove the value
>> of
>> a regular backup.
>> My other problem is that I've still got an email in my trash folder that I
>> can't delete, view or  move.  Do you have any ideas on this.  Thanks.
>>

> Well I spoke too soon.  The files displayed for about five minutes then
> disappeared.  I checked and they are still in
> Library/Mail/Pop-my-email-address/Sent messages.mbox but just wont  show in
> Mail.  I repaired the permissions, but this did nothing, and rebuilt the
> Mailbox in Mail but no success.

Well I spoke too soon again.  The Sent messages have now disappeared from the
folder Library?Mail?pop3-my-email-address/sent messages.mbox.  What's going
on here?  Can anyone advise me?

0
Peter
11/17/2005 9:25:12 AM
Peter James <pfjamesAT@clara.co.uk> wrote:

> >> Many thanks,  that's just it!  I did a backup 5 days ago luckily, and there
> >> the sent mails were just as you said...
> > Well I spoke too soon.  The files displayed for about five minutes then
> > disappeared...
> Well I spoke too soon again.  The Sent messages have now disappeared from the
> folder Library?Mail?pop3-my-email-address/sent messages.mbox.  What's going
> on here?  Can anyone advise me?

I'm going a bit out on a limb with guessing here, but that sounds to me
as though something is configured to auto-delete things and has
concluded that these meet whatever the criterion is (most likely date
related). Your "5 minutes" might have been what it took for the
auto-delete to kick in (or maybe to finish processing its criteria). So
I'd look at all the auto-delete settings. Maybe even turn them off
temporarily - could be that something has gotten confused about the
dates of the messages (or for that matter, the current date). I can't be
more specific, as I'm just commenting based on general symptoms rather
than on this quite matching anything I've seen.

If you get really desparate and can't figure out what Mail.app is doing
to you, you could always restore the messages to somewhere else and pull
crtitical parts out by some other means, but I wouldn't think it ought
to be necessary to go to such extremes.

--
Richard Maine                     | Good judgment comes from experience;
org: nasa, domain: gov            |       -- Mark Twain
0
nospam
11/17/2005 4:34:14 PM
Richard E Maine <nospam@see.signature> wrote:

> Paul Fuchs <paulfuchs@porkain'tkosher.oink> wrote:
>
> > I have a related question.  If by accident, I hit the delete key for a
> > sent or in mail, it seems to be deleted permanently from Mail.  It used
> > to go to the trash, but no longer.  I am running 10.3.8 and in
> > preferences> accounts I have both boxes checked and the auto trash
> > delete set at one month.  How can I get deletes sent to the trash again,
> > and not the great recycle bin in the sky?
>
> I just checked to make sure that my deletes from sent mail do go to
> trash (they do), in addition to my deletes from my inbox, which I was
> sure of.
>
> I'm confused by your reference to "both boxes checked". I'm also running
> 10.3.8 on this machine, and I only see one checkbox on the relevant
> preferences page. There are other things on th epage, but only one
> checkbox. So let's make sure we are really looking at the same thing. It
> is under preferences/accounts/"special mailboxes". The only checkbox I
> see is labelled "Move deleted messages to a separate folder", and it
> should be checked.
>
> Do note that, because this is under "accounts", there is presumably a
> separate setting for each account. I've only got one account on this
> machine. If you have more than one account, I can easily imagine setting
> this, but failing to notice that you just set it for only one of your
> accounts.

Thanks Richard.  I have Mail v.1.3.9 running.  Yes, we are looking at
the same preference page, although mine appears to have a different
format than yours.  I have four subcategories in the panel; drafts,
sent, junk, and trash,  The first three have one check box each.  Trash
has two check boxes.  The top one reads, "Move deleted messages to the
Trash mailbox."  The second one reads, "Store deleted messages on the
server."  I had them both checked.  However, thinking about it just now,
I unchecked the bottom one.
0
paulfuchs
11/17/2005 8:22:13 PM
On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 16:34:14 +0000, Richard E Maine wrote
(in article <1h65wt6.2ieqv71x3liv4N%nospam@see.signature>):

>>> Well I spoke too soon.  The files displayed for about five minutes then
>>> disappeared...
>> Well I spoke too soon again.  The Sent messages have now disappeared from
>> the
>> folder Library?Mail?pop3-my-email-address/sent messages.mbox.  What's going
>> on here?  Can anyone advise me?
>
> I'm going a bit out on a limb with guessing here, but that sounds to me
> as though something is configured to auto-delete things and has
> concluded that these meet whatever the criterion is (most likely date
> related). Your "5 minutes" might have been what it took for the
> auto-delete to kick in (or maybe to finish processing its criteria). So
> I'd look at all the auto-delete settings. Maybe even turn them off
> temporarily - could be that something has gotten confused about the
> dates of the messages (or for that matter, the current date). I can't be
> more specific, as I'm just commenting based on general symptoms rather
> than on this quite matching anything I've seen.
>
> If you get really desparate and can't figure out what Mail.app is doing
> to you, you could always restore the messages to somewhere else and pull
> crtitical parts out by some other means, but I wouldn't think it ought
> to be necessary to go to such extremes.

You hit the bulls-eye.  Mail was set to delete sent messages when 1 day old.
So of course at two or three years old once they were restored it just
deleted them again.  Obvious really, I just didn't think straight.  Many
thanks.

0
Peter
11/17/2005 8:57:05 PM
Paul Fuchs <paulfuchs@porkain'tkosher.oink> wrote:

> Thanks Richard.  I have Mail v.1.3.9 running.  Yes, we are looking at
> the same preference page, although mine appears to have a different
> format than yours.  I have four subcategories in the panel; drafts,
> sent, junk, and trash,  The first three have one check box each.  Trash
> has two check boxes.  The top one reads, "Move deleted messages to the
> Trash mailbox."  The second one reads, "Store deleted messages on the
> server."  I had them both checked.  However, thinking about it just now,
> I unchecked the bottom one.

Ah! Figured out why the difference in formats anyway. I also have Mail
1.3.9 and the difference was really puzzling me, but your reference to
"store deleted messages on the server" made me wonder.... mine is a POP
account and that wouldn't make much sense for POP. I experimented with
pretending to add a new account and... yep... I see a panel like you
describe if I se the account type to anything other than POP.

I don't know for sure, but I think I agree with your conclusion to
uncheck that box. Storing messages on the server would imply to me that
they are not stored on your local machine. Seems to me like you expect
them to be stored on your local machine instead of the server (I sure
like my messages stored on my local machine where *I* can control them).
If somehow Mail.app thinks that the deleted messages are being stored on
the server, but the server isn't configured to co-operate (I'm being
intentionally vague here as I don't know what kind of server you have or
how it would be configured), then I could well imagine problems liek
what you see resulting.

--
Richard Maine                     | Good judgment comes from experience;
org: nasa, domain: gov            |       -- Mark Twain
0
nospam
11/17/2005 9:13:54 PM
Richard E Maine <nospam@see.signature> wrote:

> Paul Fuchs <paulfuchs@porkain'tkosher.oink> wrote:
>
> > Thanks Richard.  I have Mail v.1.3.9 running.  Yes, we are looking at
> > the same preference page, although mine appears to have a different
> > format than yours.  I have four subcategories in the panel; drafts,
> > sent, junk, and trash,  The first three have one check box each.  Trash
> > has two check boxes.  The top one reads, "Move deleted messages to the
> > Trash mailbox."  The second one reads, "Store deleted messages on the
> > server."  I had them both checked.  However, thinking about it just now,
> > I unchecked the bottom one.
>
> Ah! Figured out why the difference in formats anyway. I also have Mail
> 1.3.9 and the difference was really puzzling me, but your reference to
> "store deleted messages on the server" made me wonder.... mine is a POP
> account and that wouldn't make much sense for POP. I experimented with
> pretending to add a new account and... yep... I see a panel like you
> describe if I se the account type to anything other than POP.
>
> I don't know for sure, but I think I agree with your conclusion to
> uncheck that box. Storing messages on the server would imply to me that
> they are not stored on your local machine. Seems to me like you expect
> them to be stored on your local machine instead of the server (I sure
> like my messages stored on my local machine where *I* can control them).
> If somehow Mail.app thinks that the deleted messages are being stored on
> the server, but the server isn't configured to co-operate (I'm being
> intentionally vague here as I don't know what kind of server you have or
> how it would be configured), then I could well imagine problems liek
> what you see resulting.

Sorry for the late follow-up Richard.  Been away from my computer.  I do
have an IMAP account.  I don't have an option.  And as you surmised,
this is why our toggles are different.  And unchecking that box now
results in my mail.app behaving properly.  I didn't realize that it was
an either/or option.  Before, if I tried to edit mail in my in box
(forgetting that it was original) , I would simply lose it.  This, as
you can imagine,  was a real PITA.

Thanks for the help.

Paul
0
paulfuchs

Mail.app deletes mail when deleting account
In Mail.app, in Preferences, in the Accounts panel, there is a list of accounts. I had a POP account there I no longer in use. I used the Remove button to delete the old account. But I didn't mean for it to delete all mail that had been recieved earlier into that email address. Yet that seems to be what happened. At least I can't find the mail anywhere in any of my mailboxes or in my_home/Library/Mail. There were a number of messages organized into various folders. Now they are gone. These mail messages were not sitting on a server, they were on my Mac. Is Mail supposed to do ...

Mail and imported mail in mail app

Mail.app Q: How to delete account without deleting mail
The last time I deleted (or de-activated) an email account in Mail, as I recall, it deleted the associated emails as well. Is there a way to retain the emails (both sent and received) in my Inbox/Sent folders? Thanks again all, Rog On 2006-10-21 09:56:07 -0400, Roger <roger@roger.net> said: > The last time I deleted (or de-activated) an email account in Mail, as > I recall, it deleted the associated emails as well. Is there a way to > retain the emails (both sent and received) in my Inbox/Sent folders? > Thanks again all, > Rog I would think that you coud save th...

Mails sent mail to internal people are sent to their Internet mail address
Hi. When people in our company send mail messages to others in our company's directory Lotus Notes sends directly to the Internet. Since our Domino server is not yet configured as an SMTP relay, our fellows use Notes 6 client to read their Notes mailbox and send mails directly to the Internet. They all have a pop3 account by our ISP that they must read from their Notes client. Our Domino R6 server is installed on a Linux machine on which I have no control. Notes R6 clients use replication to read their mail from their ISP pop3 account. I'd like Lotus Notes R6 clients to...

Mac mail app problems sending mail??
Sometimes when I send email I get an error message stating it will remain in outbox blah, blah, blah. It also says "Verify that you have addressed this message correctly. Check you SMTP server settings in Mail Preferences and verify and advanced settings with your system administrator." Now... when I go to Mail> Preferences> Accounts, I change the server settings and set authentication to Password. Once I enter password and whatnot, the mail gets sent. Sounds like the problems fixed but......... In a few more days, I get the error message again. This time I set the authenticati...

mail.app question: sent mail disappeared
All of a sudden my sent mail box has dumped it's numerous sent mails and shrunk to two sent mails for some unknown reason. Thinking that maybe I had disk problems, I first did disk repair and then when that did nothing I booted from another disk and checked my startup disc and it verified totally perfect. Still no joy, sent mail still gone. Next I did a rebuild of sent mail, closed mail.app and re-opened it, sent mail still gone. -Anybody got a clue as to where it went and whether there is a possibility of retrieving it? -Is this a corruption problem and should I start backing up ...

Mail.app seems to have deleted all my mail and accounts.
Hi System: iMac DVSE 400 running 10.2.6 As my machine was running slowly, I decided to quit a few applications (mail.app included) to free up some memory. Later, as I opened Mail.app again, intoductory messages appeared as if I was loading it for the first time. My toolbar customisation had returned to default, my accounts had disappeared has had all of my mail! It seems like something has been badly corrupted. If so, then things aren't looking too good. However, is there any way I can restore my mail? Matt In article <8efe900c.0309050807.170c38c@posting.google.com>, matt@frow...

Apple mail: deleting mail without clicking on them
Hi all, In order to trash junk mail in Apple's Mail application, we have to click on them. But Mail open files whenever we click on them. Is there a way to trash a junk mail without getting it open (e.g. not clicking on it)? I know we can make mail send junk mail to trash automatically, but that's not the best solution since filtering is not perfect. I guess what I really am looking for is a way to select a mail item in Inbox by clicking on it or any other way, but not making it open... In article <9zrof.5461$Dd2.5097@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>, rsina <rsina.no-...

Mac mail.app to iPod touch mail transfer
Running a MacBook with 10.6.5 and a 3rd gen iPod touch with 4.2.1. Without getting into long explanations, I cannot have wifi in my house, and it would be most convenient to write my emails on my Mac, transfer them to my iPod, and send them out from a public hot spot in town. I have been doing this by writing the mails in mail.app>notes, syncing the ipod, then copy and pasting from ipod notes to ipod mail. I have airsharing and goodreader and probably could use them also. But is there a more convenient way like an app at the iTunes store that would directly transfer from mail/Ma...

Can I read my yahoo mails with Apple Mail app ?
Thank in advance On Sun, 22 May 2005 11:14:45 -0400, PF wrote (in article <2005052217142916807%pf@wanadoofr>): > Thank in advance Free Yahoo? Not that I know of. But if you get the premium service from Yahoo ($20? per year), then you can have regular POP access to their servers via any mail client that you want, including Apple's Mail. Gmail for now is free and offers free pop access. PF wrote: > Thank in advance > Yes, see here (POP access) http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/pop/pop-02.html * PF <pf@wanadoo.fr>, 2005-05-22 17:14 +0200: > Thank in advan...

Mac Mail
I have deletef an email account from Mac Mail but it still shows upo on the "Mailbox" > "Erase Deleted Messages From" menu. How can I get rid of this please? Thanks Colin -- I'm trying a new usenet client for Mac, Nemo OS X. You can download it at http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo ...

Apple mail App and mac mal
If I use Mac Mail with Entourage I can use an smtp server other than Mac's and this in turn allows me to use my own domain email address (me@my domain.com) rather than my somewhat complicated Mac Mail address. It seems however that I cannot do this with Mail App as this will only allow me to use a single sent address (me@mac.com) when using Mac Mail and that sent address must be my Mac log-in. This is irrespective of whether I use the Mac smtp server or another. Mail App is more flexible in this regard if I use an email service other than Mac. Am I correct in this conclusion? If I ...

Deleting mail from POP server w/ Apple OS X Mail
I have a POP e-mail account that I check from both my home and work machines (I'd switch it to IMAP if that was offered, but it's not). I'd really like to switch to OS X Mail, for a variety of reasons, but can't until I can figure out some way to get this program to delete *selected* messages off the POP server. The options listed in Mail's Accounts sheet don't offer anything close to that flexibility--I can delete all messages off the server after a preset time, or I can delete every message that I move out of the Inbox after it's downloaded (meaning I woul...

Web resources about - Deleted sent mail in Apple Mail application - comp.sys.mac.apps

ACT development application volume falls between 2015 and 2014
Development applications dropped in the ACT in 2015 compared with 2014, year-end government figures show.

Patent application shows Apple Watch band that transforms into a case, stand and Mac accessory
An Apple patent application published today reveals an idea for an interesting variation on the magnetically-closed Milanese Loop band that allows ...

Tech City UK received just 37 applications for a visa scheme that could allow 200 tech immigrants to ...
Tech City UK, a taxpayer-funded government organisation, has received just 37 applications since April 2015 for a dedicated technology visa that ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 17% YoY
From the MBA: Refinance Mortgage Applications Increase as Rates Fall in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 9.0 percent ...

Mortgage applications rebound
Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent on a seasonally adjusted basis, for the week ending January 8th, versus previous week,

Himax shipping LCOS microdisplays and WLO products for AR applications
... mass shipments of its liquid crystal on silicon (LCOS) microdisplays and wafer-level optics (WLO) products for augmented reality (AR) applications. ...