Discus 2.70 and Epson R300 Printer - printing on CD

Be nice if I've posted in the wrong place, okay?
OS 9.1, iMac DV-SE 500Mhz
I've just hooked up my new printer.  I have successfully created and
printed on a CD using Epson Print CD software.
I read on one of these groups, I think, that Discus can be used to
create the "label" for the CD.  How do I do that?  I know how to create
a label in Discus, but getting it to print on the CD using the printer
is where I'm stuck.  It seems like I need to choose a layout template --
how do I know which one to use?  When printing, those instructions
indicate to use A4 paper size -- there are a couple A4 layout templates
in Discus.  Ha-a-l-l-lp.  Thanks for your consideration and patience.
-Barb
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 10-22-04; Popovers!.
"Peace will come when the power of love overcomes the love of power."

0
Melba

In article <thisisbogus-EB4228.21385622112004@news.individual.net>,
 Melba's Jammin' <thisisbogus@macbogus.com> wrote:

> Be nice if I've posted in the wrong place, okay?
> OS 9.1, iMac DV-SE 500Mhz
> I've just hooked up my new printer.  I have successfully created and
> printed on a CD using Epson Print CD software.
> I read on one of these groups, I think, that Discus can be used to
> create the "label" for the CD.  How do I do that?  I know how to create
> a label in Discus, but getting it to print on the CD using the printer
> is where I'm stuck.  It seems like I need to choose a layout template --
> how do I know which one to use?  When printing, those instructions
> indicate to use A4 paper size -- there are a couple A4 layout templates
> in Discus.  Ha-a-l-l-lp.  Thanks for your consideration and patience.
> -Barb

Click on the Print Tab
Click the Select template...  button
click the option in the lower right  for Epson Stylus Photo R300
0
Gerry
11/23/2004 4:29:18 AM
In article <Order-EEB682.20281222112004@news1.west.earthlink.net>,
 Gerry <Order@LastOrder.org> wrote:

> Click on the Print Tab
> Click the Select template...  button
> click the option in the lower right  for Epson Stylus Photo R300

And if you don't see this, you don't have the latest version of Discus
and will need to upgrade.
0
Reginald
11/23/2004 5:10:25 AM
In article <Order-EEB682.20281222112004@news1.west.earthlink.net>,
Gerry <Order@LastOrder.org> wrote:

> In article <thisisbogus-EB4228.21385622112004@news.individual.net>,
>  Melba's Jammin' <thisisbogus@macbogus.com> wrote:
>
> > Be nice if I've posted in the wrong place, okay?
> > OS 9.1, iMac DV-SE 500Mhz
> > I've just hooked up my new printer.  I have successfully created and
> > printed on a CD using Epson Print CD software.
> > I read on one of these groups, I think, that Discus can be used to
> > create the "label" for the CD.  How do I do that?  I know how to create
> > a label in Discus, but getting it to print on the CD using the printer
> > is where I'm stuck.  It seems like I need to choose a layout template
> > --
> > how do I know which one to use?  When printing, those instructions
> > indicate to use A4 paper size -- there are a couple A4 layout templates
> > in Discus.  Ha-a-l-l-lp.  Thanks for your consideration and patience.
> > -Barb
>
> Click on the Print Tab
> Click the Select template...  button
> click the option in the lower right  for Epson Stylus Photo R300

Well, I'm wiping egg off my face that I missed the Epson options in the
first place.  Old age is taking its toll!  I see that my printer's not
there and have just ordered the upgrade that contains it.
Thanks, Gerry.   <mumblemumbleBarbarayoustoogemumblemumble>
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 10-22-04; Popovers!.
"Peace will come when the power of love overcomes the love of power."
-Jimi Hendrix, and Lt. Joe Corcoran, Retired; St. Paul PD, Homicide Divn.

0
Melba
11/23/2004 4:30:40 PM
In article <regdwight-FE97C9.21102622112004@news.verizon.net>, Reginald
Dwight <regdwight@verizon.net> wrote:

> In article <Order-EEB682.20281222112004@news1.west.earthlink.net>,
>  Gerry <Order@LastOrder.org> wrote:
>
> > Click on the Print Tab
> > Click the Select template...  button
> > click the option in the lower right  for Epson Stylus Photo R300
>
> And if you don't see this, you don't have the latest version of Discus
> and will need to upgrade.

Ayup.  Have just ordered the upgrade.  Geez, I wonder if I'd have
thought about a newer version on my own. . . .what a dope!  Thanks for
your patience and help.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 10-22-04; Popovers!.
"Peace will come when the power of love overcomes the love of power."
-Jimi Hendrix, and Lt. Joe Corcoran, Retired; St. Paul PD, Homicide Divn.

0
Melba
11/23/2004 4:31:45 PM
In article <thisisbogus-B96B4D.10314523112004@news.individual.net>,
 Melba's Jammin' <thisisbogus@macbogus.com> wrote:

> Ayup.  Have just ordered the upgrade.  Geez, I wonder if I'd have
> thought about a newer version on my own. . . .what a dope!

That makes two of us! I got the Epson R200 and couldn't find option
either. The guy that makes Discus doesn't seem to be too worried about
soliciting current customers regarding updates. Maybe that's a good
thing! :)
0
Reginald