Editing mail in mail.app #2

Somebody suggested dragging the mail to draft and editing it then
dragging it back.  I want to report that this works.

Somebody else asked why I would want to do that.  I use mail for
reminders and ToDo lists.  I frequently get a long mail where I really
only need to save and look at a few lines, which may be buried deeply
within the mail.  By removing all the stuff I don't need I am left with
something I can review at a glance.

BTW, re-directing mail to yourself also works, but dragging and editing
works better.

--
Robert B. Peirce, Venetia, PA  724-941-6883
bob AT peirce-family.com [Mac]

0
bob149 (214)

In message <bob-74D763.11221210042008@[199.45.49.11]>
  Robert <bob@peirce-family.com.invalid> wrote:
> Somebody else asked why I would want to do that.  I use mail for
> reminders and ToDo lists.  I frequently get a long mail where I really
> only need to save and look at a few lines, which may be buried deeply
> within the mail.  By removing all the stuff I don't need I am left with
> something I can review at a glance.

Can't you just copy the items to a To-Do item?

I miss editing mail.  I used to do it in Eudora to clean up the
72-times-forwarded jokes that I occasionally get.

--
Because you can't cotton to evil.  No Sir.  You have to smack evil on the
	nose with the rolled-up newspaper of justice and say, 'Bad evil. Bad BAD
 Lewis <g.kreme@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:

> Can't you just copy the items to a To-Do item?

Sometimes I do that but it is a mail item with the Subject: ToDo.  I
will do that if I get too many individual mail reminders.  I could also
put it in a text file but then I would have to remember to look at it.
Mail provides a constant reminder.

--
Robert B. Peirce, Venetia, PA  724-941-6883
bob AT peirce-family.com [Mac]
rbp AT cooksonpeirce.com [Office]

0
Robert

Editing mail in Mail.app
I asked this a long time ago and there wasn't a way to do it. Is there a way yet? Sometimes I want to save just part of a mail item and I want to remove all the clutter. This is easy in Windows. I don't know why it is seemingly impossible in OS X. -- Robert B. Peirce, Venetia, PA 724-941-6883 bob AT peirce-family.com [Mac] rbp AT cooksonpeirce.com [Office] In article <bob-F86E3E.15561610022008@news.verizon.net>, Robert Peirce <bob@peirce-family.com.invalid> wrote: > I asked this a long time ago and there wasn't a way to do it. Is there > a way yet?...

Mac mail app problems sending mail??
Sometimes when I send email I get an error message stating it will remain in outbox blah, blah, blah. It also says "Verify that you have addressed this message correctly. Check you SMTP server settings in Mail Preferences and verify and advanced settings with your system administrator." Now... when I go to Mail> Preferences> Accounts, I change the server settings and set authentication to Password. Once I enter password and whatnot, the mail gets sent. Sounds like the problems fixed but......... In a few more days, I get the error message again. This time I set the authenticati...

Exporting Mail from Mail.app to Thunderbird #2
What's the easiest way of transferring my mail from Mail app to Thunderbird. The import faciliity on T'bird doesn't work, and I wondered if I could do it by copying the folders in Library>Mail>Mailboxes? Would this work do you think? Peter -- It is necessary for the good man to do nothing for evil to triumph. Attributed to Edmund Burke 1729 - 1797 On 4/9/12 PDT 2:20 AM, Peter James wrote: > What's the easiest way of transferring my mail from Mail app to > Thunderbird. > The import faciliity on T'bird doesn't work, and I wondered i...

Mac mail.app to iPod touch mail transfer
Running a MacBook with 10.6.5 and a 3rd gen iPod touch with 4.2.1. Without getting into long explanations, I cannot have wifi in my house, and it would be most convenient to write my emails on my Mac, transfer them to my iPod, and send them out from a public hot spot in town. I have been doing this by writing the mails in mail.app>notes, syncing the ipod, then copy and pasting from ipod notes to ipod mail. I have airsharing and goodreader and probably could use them also. But is there a more convenient way like an app at the iTunes store that would directly transfer from mail/Ma...

Archiving mail from mail.app
I need to save just every mail I receive and be able to search the archive. Mail.app's search capabilities are pathetic at best. I've searched around and found some AppleScript's that do some manner of import into FileMaker database, but they are limited in file size and capability to deal with attachments. I currently create new mailboxes with old mail to keep the mailbox from growing too huge, but am still stuck with poor search features. Otherwise, I am quite happy with Mail.app (Jaguar) and prefer to keep it. Does anyone have practical solutions for dealing with large ...

Mail.app Mailing List?
Does the OS X mail.app have a mailing list about and if so, where can I find it?? -- Bob Batson rcb@kc.rr.com "Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines" Bob Batson wrote: > Does the OS X mail.app have a mailing list about and if so, where can I > find it?? > Not sure if it's what your asking, but the Address Book application allows you to create mailing lists, and there's lots of information in the Address Book Help file. Once you've created the list, you can select it and use it in the Mail application. In article <rcYye...

Dupe Mail in Mail.app
For a couple of months now, almost every email I get arrives in groups of two. Identical email. Any idea why this might be? -- Thank you and have a nice day. In article <2007010216231775249-xxx@yyyzzz>, gtr <xxx@yyy.zzz> wrote: > For a couple of months now, almost every email I get arrives in groups > of two. Identical email. > > Any idea why this might be? Might be an ISP issue. Contact your ISP for assistance. In article <2007010216231775249-xxx@yyyzzz>, gtr <xxx@yyy.zzz> wrote: > For a couple of months now, almost every email I get arrives...

mail.app does not fetch mail
Hi: For the last four days mail.app has refused to fetch any mail from my pop account. As far as I know, I have made no changes to my system or the mail app. I know I have new mail because I can access my mail via pine on the shell account at the isp. Mail tries, it logs on, checks password successfully, then spends a little too long on "checking for messages" and finds none. I've not tried any other methods of checking my email as none of the mailers I have around seem to support ssl. Any help greatly appreciated! Eric In article <250120041742285724%UNericfiveSPAM@onl...

Vacation mail with mail.app
Here is a script I wrote for vacation notices; it will send the notice only once to each person you receive mail from. I suggest running it after any rules to file mailing list items into folders, so that it doesn't send vacation mail notices to the lists. The actual notice is sent by the rule; the script is what keeps the rule from sending more than one notice to any given address. First set up an address-book group named "Vacation" Then set up a rule with the criterion "If sender is not a member of group Vacation" Set up the actions Reply to Message Run App...

Mail Merge to Mail.app?
I can do mail merge with MS Word/Entourage, but I haven't yet found a way to merge to mail.app. Is there a way to do mail merge to mail.app? In article <vikr-819ADF.13453731102006@news.west.earthlink.net>, Vik Rubenfeld <vikr@mindspring.com.invalid> wrote: > I can do mail merge with MS Word/Entourage, but I haven't yet found a > way to merge to mail.app. > > Is there a way to do mail merge to mail.app? Probably with an Applescript. -- Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Impeach the son of a Bush. ...

Netscape mail in Mail.app?
I acquired one of those free netscape.net email addresses way back when Netscape was my primary browser. Unless I'm mistaken, Netscape (the company) makes sure their mail program is only accessible throug either Netscape (the browser) or Netscape's (the company) web site. (Mail.app can't connect to imap.mail.netcenter.com no matter what settings I tweak.) I just noticed that httpmail plugin, which allows Hotmail users to access their mail through Mail.app has been updated. One of the comments in MacUpdate asks whether the plugin could be hacked to receive Netscape mail. As of a fe...

Mail.app
I lost some mail today. I had dragged a couple of folders to a new location. When I looked in the folders, it appeared the mail was there but everything was empty. I tried rebuilding the folders and the headers disappeared as well. At that point I was pretty desperate. Most of the mail was from today and would not be on my backup. I restarted the computer and rebuilt the folders again. Low-and-behold, most of the mail came back but not all of it and I am still missing a couple of items I can not afford to lose. So, what did I do, so I can avoid doing it again? How can ...

Mac Mail app
I'm sure I am probably missing something but I am new to the Mac, so help would be appreciated. The Mac's on board mail client, why is the text size so small on some incoming mail? It is not on all mail so presumably the senders settings have an impact although I would have thought that Mac Mail would have over-ridden these with local settings. Thanks Colin Countryman wrote: > I'm sure I am probably missing something but I am new to the Mac, so help > would be appreciated. > > The Mac's on board mail client, why is the text size so small on some > inco...

mail.app #2
mail.app is not downloading emails no more. it downloaded 270 but then it stopped. There should be like 2000 and something in total.... how can i make it download again...i keep pressing get mail but it aint working btw my internet speed has gone slower in the past few hours....could this b why? In article <1176397926.327831.174950@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com>, "vix" <shahvikram123@gmail.com> wrote: > mail.app is not downloading emails no more. it downloaded 270 but then > it stopped. There should be like 2000 and something in total.... > > how can i ma...

Mail.app #2
I am running OSX 10.5.2 and would like to use the Mail.app that comes with it. Problem is to send any thing takes any where from 1 to 15 min. Is there a switch or something that I have messed up on? Thank you. Lee Murphy <murman56@mac.com> writes: > I am running OSX 10.5.2 and would like to use the Mail.app that comes > with it. Problem is to send any thing takes any where from 1 to 15 > min. Is there a switch or something that I have messed up on? > Thank you. Well, _something_ is messed up. Try opening the Activity window and see if you can figure out what the progra...

Mail.app problem (Mac OS 10.1.2 version)
I am writing this on behalf of a friend. He says he managed to delete his Sent Items folder. (I have no idea how). He created a folder and named it exactly Sent Items, but sent messages will not go there. He says they go into the Outbox when they're queued, then they just disappear. I told him that newer versions of Mail.app are much more flexible, with a "Use this mailbox for..." command....but.... any idea what to do? I poked around on a machine at work that's still running 10.1.5 for tech support purposes, but came up with nothing. Thanks, -Will ...

Mail App #2
Is there a way to make Mail App automatically bcc or forward an e-mail I compose if the original meets certain criteria - such as if I send To = Fred then bcc (or forward copy) to Jo? I just cannot see a way to do it with the onboard filter set. Many thanks Colin In article <2007122009344116807-mail@xxcgrantcouk>, Colin Grant <mail@xxcgrant.co.uk> wrote: > Is there a way to make Mail App automatically bcc or forward an e-mail > I compose if the original meets certain criteria - such as if I send To > = Fred then bcc (or forward copy) to Jo? > > I just canno...

Mail.app
I moved my mail from a machine running 10.2.8 (Mail.app version 1.2.5 v553) to another machine running 10.3.3 (Mail.app version 1.3.4 v614/613). I moved my mail by copying the entire Home > Library > Mail directory, and the Home > Library > Preferences > com.apple.mail.plist over to the same location on the new machine. When I launched Mail.app on the new machine, everything looked fine. But when I clicked on any mailbox, it would rebuild the table of contents. After that, every message in that mailbox would be marked unread, and any status indicators (replied, forwarde...

Mail app in Jornada not receiving mail
I was just given a brand new, in the box, never used HP Jornada 548 running CE 3.0. I bought an AmbiCom 802.11 card for it so that I could use it with my home wireless LAN/ADSL connection. The card allows me to connect to the Internet, and I can surf the web with the thing wirelessly - as advertised. Now I also have a Macintosh Powerbook with a built-in Airport card and a Windows PC as well as a Mac G4 all connected to my network router either via Wi-Fi or Ether. I can receive and send mail on all three computers, but for some reason I cannot get e-mail to work with the Jornada and t...

Mail.app vaporized my e-mail!
The strangest thing just happened, help! I opened up Mail, and all the messages on my inbox (several dozen of them, some dating back 7 months) were all marked as unread. Not a big problem. BUT, everything dated between August 18 2003 and today (October 13, 2003) has completely vanished. I had some VERY important e-mails in there. I tried looking in ~/Library/Mail, and there doesn't seem to be any way to recover them by messing around in there. Is there any way to get them back??? Thanks G In article <Gqtib.9039$x97.2472@clgrps13>, nospam@spam.sucks.it (Gavin) wrote: &...

Is there a mail box limit in mail.app?
I am running 2.1.3 (753.1) on OS X 10.4.11. I added some mailboxes and now I can't put anything into them. I can't even move mail form one of these mailboxes to another. The older mailboxes still seem to work fine, but new ones don't. I am not sure how many mailboxes I have, but it occurred to me there might be a limit. -- Robert B. Peirce, Venetia, PA 724-941-6883 bob AT peirce-family.com [Mac] rbp AT cooksonpeirce.com [Office] In article <bob-B2B379.14081025022009@[199.45.49.11]>, Robert Peirce <bob@peirce-family.com.invalid> wrote: > I am running 2....

Persistant Junk Mail in Mail.app
I use Mail.app for emaii. Mail.app includes a Bayesian filter which is supposed to "learn" the characteristics of a particular mail designated by me as junk and will eventually automatically move mail with the learned characteristics to the junk mail list. This seems to usually work but there are a few exceptions. My assumption is that the senders of those emails have somehow done something to bypass the junk filter. I'm curious as to what that could be. Any thoughts will be appreciated. -- James Leo Ryan - Austin, Texas In article <atnt47Fk1v3U1@mid.individual.net>, TaliesinSoft <taliesinsoft@me.com> wrote: > I use Mail.app for emaii. Mail.app includes a Bayesian filter which is > supposed to "learn" the characteristics of a particular mail designated > by me as junk and will eventually automatically move mail with the > learned characteristics to the junk mail list. This seems to usually > work but there are a few exceptions. My assumption is that the senders > of those emails have somehow done something to bypass the junk filter. > I'm curious as to what that could be. Any thoughts will be appreciated. Take a look at the message source, and you'll probably see loads of random phrases that are hidden in HTML. I think this stuff tends to thwart the Bayesian filters. -- Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu Arlington, MA *** PLEASE post questions in newsgroups, ...

Mail client app for Google mail?
My workplace uses Google Mail and everyone I know of uses the online Google Mail client, which lots of folks don't particularly like. I tried Thunderbird on my MacBook Pro; it doesn't work with Google mail. Our IT folks discourage the use of the Apple Mail app. What alternative app would work? -- _____________________________ Ron, the humblest guy in town On 2013-09-13 23:33:31 +0000, Ron said: > My workplace uses Google Mail and everyone I know of uses the online > Google Mail client, which lots of folks don't particularly like. I tried > Thunderbird on my MacBook Pro; it doesn't work with Google mail. Our IT > folks discourage the use of the Apple Mail app. What alternative app > would work? Thunderbird works great on the MacBook Pro with gmail. I have not idea what you mean about it not working. It by default does just what is intended with imap mail. Apple Mail is a bit hokey however and deleted files go to all mail in the iMap folders. I use Thunderbird fairly exclusivly for gmail on my Mac. In message <1l959v1.r5pb2fq8kaq6N%RonTheGuy@null.invalid> Ron <RonTheGuy@null.invalid> wrote: > Our IT > folks discourage the use of the Apple Mail app. Do they have a reason, or are they just gibbering morons? > What alternative app would work? Any mail app that supports IMAP should *work* with gmail. Mail.app is the best one though. -- Humans are always slightly lost. It...

Mail.app : How to forward mail as attachment?
I have Mac OSX 10.4 and Mail 2.1.1. Is it possible to forward an email as attachment? Right now, "Message| Forward" only forwards an inline copy of the mail (which is actually what I want most of the time, but occasionally I would like to forward the mail as attachment instead). If this can't be done with Mail.app, can one recommend another good mail client for the Mac? Ronald In article <f5c6f6b5-f9be-4fd7-a6b1-5d1fceeeddfe@1g2000hsl.googlegroups.com>, RonaldOttoValentinFischer <ro.naldfi.scher@gmail.com> wrote: > I have Mac OSX 10.4 and Mail 2.1.1. > > Is it possible to forward an email as attachment? Right now, "Message| > Forward" only forwards > an inline copy of the mail (which is actually what I want most of the > time, but occasionally I > would like to forward the mail as attachment instead). That's a very handy feature that I couldn't live without. Have you tried this to see if it does what you want?: 1. Creating a new message. 2. Dragging another message into it. > If this can't be done with Mail.app, can one recommend another good > mail client for the Mac? Microsoft Entourage does it. Despite the name, it's one of the best email clients on Mac OS X, believe it or not. -- Note: Please send all responses to the relevant news group. If you must contact me through e-mail, let me know when you send email to this address so that your email doesn't get eaten by my SPAM f...

Web resources about - Editing mail in mail.app #2 - comp.sys.mac.apps

Editing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Editing is the process of selecting and preparing written , visual , audible and film media used to convey information. The editing process can ...

Editing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Editing is the process of selecting and preparing written , visual , audible and film media used to convey information. The editing process can ...

Google Chrome Plugin Photon Brings Instagram-Style Photo Editing To Facebook
A new plugin for Google Chrome brings Instagram -style photo-editing capabilities to Facebook, and Photon is available free-of-charge in the ...

Facebook Ads Manager Now With Ad Editing, HTML Reports
... advertisers to choose the specific start and end times for campaigns. Now, Facebook has launched two more new Facebook Ads features: ad editing ...

Publishing and Editing Professionals
Publishing and Editing Professionals

Potential Markup and Editing Choices
Good programmers never write what they can steal or borrow. With that in mind, I did some research and found the promising but unfortunately ...

GoPro acquires Replay and Splice video apps to bolster mobile editing
... clones that replicate most of the same functionality. Now, GoPro has acquired two mobile video apps to offer a complete capture and editing ...

Infuse Video Editing App Launches on iOS
Infuse Labs has launched its first app, Infuse , on iOS. The video editing app allows users to edit their videos with filters and other effects ...

GoPro to Acquire Leading Mobile Editing Apps Splice and Replay to Simplify Mobile Editing and Sharing ...
SAN MATEO, Calif., Feb. 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ GoPro, Inc. (NASDAQ:GPRO) today announced agreements to acquire two leading mobile video editing ...

Picosmos Tools is a quirky image editing suite
Picosmos Tools is a versatile image management suite which includes a viewer, editor, batch processor, capture tool, simple publishing tools ...