Fonts and/or Font Book

Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk
wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder
one?

--
dorayme
0

In article
<doraymeRidThis-9B2294.10351702052007@news-vip.optusnet.com.au>,
dorayme <doraymeRidThis@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk
> wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder
> one?

FontDoctor X

--
I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end.
- Margaret Thatcher
 Dave Balderstone <dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderstone.ca> wrote:

> In article
> <doraymeRidThis-9B2294.10351702052007@news-vip.optusnet.com.au>,
> dorayme <doraymeRidThis@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk
> > wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder
> > one?
>
> FontDoctor X

I assume, then, that there is no known way to do it via Font
Book. Will one day take a look at the above, thank you.

--
dorayme
0
 dorayme <doraymeRidThis@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> In article
> <010520071944304535%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderstone.ca>,
>  Dave Balderstone <dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderstone.ca> wrote:
>
> > In article
> > <doraymeRidThis-9B2294.10351702052007@news-vip.optusnet.com.au>,
> > dorayme <doraymeRidThis@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> >
> > > Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk
> > > wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder
> > > one?
> >
> > FontDoctor X
>
> I assume, then, that there is no known way to do it via Font
> Book. Will one day take a look at the above, thank you.

Have you actually tried to use Font Book to resolve duplicates?

Open FontBook, select All Fonts option, select all the fonts in font
name window, select Resolve Duplicates from the Edit menu.
0
Gerry
5/2/2007 2:34:54 AM
On Tue, 1 May 2007 19:35:17 -0500, dorayme wrote
(in article <doraymeRidThis-9B2294.10351702052007@news-vip.optusnet.com.au>):

> Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk
> wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder
> one?

a) Launch Font Book

b) Select All Fonts in the Collections panel.

c) Highlight all of the fonts appearing in the Font panel.

d) Select Resolve Duplicates in the Edit menu.

This will resolve the duplicates in all fonts visible to Font Book.

--
James Leo Ryan ..... Austin, Texas ..... taliesinsoft@mac.com

0
TaliesinSoft
5/2/2007 2:47:05 AM
In article <0001HW.C25D65D9009A40A5B022094F@news.supernews.com>,
TaliesinSoft <taliesinsoft@mac.com> wrote:

> This will resolve the duplicates in all fonts visible to Font Book.

But not all fonts on the drive.

--
I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end.
- Margaret Thatcher
0
Dave
5/2/2007 2:59:33 AM
In article
<everyday-3E1370.19345401052007@newsclstr03.news.prodigy.net>,
 Gerry <everyday@sunrise.net> wrote:

> In article
> <doraymeRidThis-44E3D1.11574102052007@news-vip.optusnet.com.au>,
>  dorayme <doraymeRidThis@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>
> > In article
> > <010520071944304535%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderstone.ca>,
> >  Dave Balderstone <dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderstone.ca> wrote:
> >
> > > In article
> > > <doraymeRidThis-9B2294.10351702052007@news-vip.optusnet.com.au>,

> > > FontDoctor X
> >
> > I assume, then, that there is no known way to do it via Font
> > Book. Will one day take a look at the above, thank you.
>
> Have you actually tried to use Font Book to resolve duplicates?

No... I just thought ho hum what can I do this minute, I know, I
will troll away and annoy the shit out of everyone and myself
too.

Of course I bloody well tried it! Nothing happened. But it is
possible enough to do it on a one by one basis as per the help
instruction, namely to select a font folder and edit/resolve...

"To resolve duplicate fonts:
   1. In Font Book, select the version of the font family that
you want to use.
   2. Choose Edit > Resolve Duplicates."

> Open FontBook, select All Fonts option, select all the fonts in font
> name window, select Resolve Duplicates from the Edit menu.

I tried this before posting the first time. Perhaps it takes time
and I am impatient, 5 min and nothing at all seeming to happen
seems reasonable to me? I am on a QS 933. Tiger 10.4.8 and I have
1GB of Ram and 2MB backside cache.

Question, have you had duplicates all over the show and tried it
your way and succeeded? Has anyone else?

--
dorayme
0
 dorayme <doraymeRidThis@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> In article
> <everyday-3E1370.19345401052007@newsclstr03.news.prodigy.net>,
>  Gerry <everyday@sunrise.net> wrote:
>
> > In article
> > <doraymeRidThis-44E3D1.11574102052007@news-vip.optusnet.com.au>,
> >  dorayme <doraymeRidThis@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> >
> > > In article
> > > <010520071944304535%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderstone.ca>,

> > > I assume, then, that there is no known way to do it via Font
> > > Book. Will one day take a look at the above, thank you.
> >
> > Have you actually tried to use Font Book to resolve duplicates?
> >

> No... I just thought ho hum what can I do this minute, I know, I
> will troll away and annoy the shit out of everyone and myself
> too.
>
> Of course I bloody well tried it! Nothing happened. But it is
> possible enough to do it on a one by one basis as per the help
> instruction, namely to select a font folder and edit/resolve...
>
> "To resolve duplicate fonts:
>    1. In Font Book, select the version of the font family that
> you want to use.
>    2. Choose Edit > Resolve Duplicates."
>
> > Open FontBook, select All Fonts option, select all the fonts in font
> > name window, select Resolve Duplicates from the Edit menu.
>
> I tried this before posting the first time. Perhaps it takes time
> and I am impatient, 5 min and nothing at all seeming to happen
> seems reasonable to me? I am on a QS 933. Tiger 10.4.8 and I have
> 1GB of Ram and 2MB backside cache.
>
> Question, have you had duplicates all over the show and tried it
> your way and succeeded? Has anyone else?

Yes I just did it before posting my helpful response.
0
Gerry
5/2/2007 3:06:32 AM
In article <0001HW.C25D65D9009A40A5B022094F@news.supernews.com>,
 TaliesinSoft <taliesinsoft@mac.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 1 May 2007 19:35:17 -0500, dorayme wrote
> (in article <doraymeRidThis-9B2294.10351702052007@news-vip.optusnet.com.au>):
>
> > Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk
> > wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder
> > one?
>
> a) Launch Font Book
>
> b) Select All Fonts in the Collections panel.
>
> c) Highlight all of the fonts appearing in the Font panel.
>
> d) Select Resolve Duplicates in the Edit menu.
>
> This will resolve the duplicates in all fonts visible to Font Book.

Oops... yes! I now notice that selecting a folder in col view
auto selects just one particular font folder and if one selects
all, the job I immediately wanted is done. Thank you
Taliesinsoft, you are a mensch! And a gentleman too.

As for DB's reply to you, that's ok about disk wide for the
moment, this will do me for now. Thanks again.

--
dorayme
0

> In article <0001HW.C25D65D9009A40A5B022094F@news.supernews.com>,
> TaliesinSoft <taliesinsoft@mac.com> wrote:
>
>> This will resolve the duplicates in all fonts visible to Font Book.
>
> But not all fonts on the drive.

True, but fonts in any folder on the drive can be made visible to Font Book.

--
James Leo Ryan ..... Austin, Texas ..... taliesinsoft@mac.com

0
TaliesinSoft
5/2/2007 3:19:20 AM
In article
<doraymeRidThis-D93D76.13031702052007@news-vip.optusnet.com.au>,
 dorayme <doraymeRidThis@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> In article
> <everyday-3E1370.19345401052007@newsclstr03.news.prodigy.net>,
>  Gerry <everyday@sunrise.net> wrote:
>

> > Have you actually tried to use Font Book to resolve duplicates?
> >

> No... I just thought ho hum what can I do this minute, I know, I
> will troll away and annoy the shit out of everyone and myself
> too.

By god, dorayme, you are going to have plenty of egg on your face
after this bold and foolish remark.

> Of course I bloody well tried it! Nothing happened. But it is
> possible enough to do it on a one by one basis as per the help
> instruction, namely to select a font folder and edit/resolve...

and this is going to make it even worse.

> "To resolve duplicate fonts:
>    1. In Font Book, select the version of the font family that
> you want to use.
>    2. Choose Edit > Resolve Duplicates."

If, dorayme, you had done exactly what it said here and paid
attention to details, Bob would have been your uncle.

> > Open FontBook, select All Fonts option, select all the fonts in font
> > name window, select Resolve Duplicates from the Edit menu.

I regard this post, Gerry, as a full and frank admission and
apology and will be sending Mike a particularly large amount of
cash. (Everytime I make a mistake, he gets paid... don't ask.)

--
dorayme
0
TaliesinSoft <taliesinsoft@mac.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 1 May 2007 21:59:33 -0500, Dave Balderstone wrote
> (in article <010520072059333442%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderstone.ca>):
>
> > In article <0001HW.C25D65D9009A40A5B022094F@news.supernews.com>,
> > TaliesinSoft <taliesinsoft@mac.com> wrote:
> >
> >> This will resolve the duplicates in all fonts visible to Font Book.
> >
> > But not all fonts on the drive.
>
> True, but fonts in any folder on the drive can be made visible to Font Book.

Ah. I don't use FontBook and haven't had incentive to explore it, so
this is news to me. Thanks.

--
I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end.
- Margaret Thatcher
0
Dave
5/2/2007 3:21:02 AM
In article
<doraymeRidThis-BA3DEB.13110402052007@news-vip.optusnet.com.au>,
 dorayme <doraymeRidThis@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> As for DB's reply to you, that's ok about disk wide for the
> moment, this will do me for now. Thanks again.

But when you are, remember that Font Book does NOT look everywhere. For
example, (I just verified this) FontBook does NOT look inside
/Library/Application Support/. A number of well know apps place fonts
here; Adobe is a notable example. Also, a number of apps include fonts
inside their packages; NeoOffice's Vera is an example
(/Applications/NeoOffice/Contents/Share/Fonts/).

As far as I know Font Book is unaware of these and cannot be made aware
of them (please correct me if I'm wrong).

--Fred
0
Fred
5/2/2007 3:59:21 PM
On Wed, 2 May 2007 10:59:21 -0500, Fred Moore wrote
(in article <fmoore-D1CA5C.11592002052007@news-server.columbus.rr.com>):

> In article
> <doraymeRidThis-BA3DEB.13110402052007@news-vip.optusnet.com.au>,
>  dorayme <doraymeRidThis@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>>
>> As for DB's reply to you, that's ok about disk wide for the
>> moment, this will do me for now. Thanks again.
>
> But when you are, remember that Font Book does NOT look everywhere. For
> example, (I just verified this) FontBook does NOT look inside
> /Library/Application Support/. A number of well know apps place fonts
> here; Adobe is a notable example. Also, a number of apps include fonts
> inside their packages; NeoOffice's Vera is an example
> (/Applications/NeoOffice/Contents/Share/Fonts/).
>
> As far as I know Font Book is unaware of these and cannot be made aware
> of them (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Adobe Creative Suite places a collection of fonts in /Library/Application
Support/Adobe/Fonts. If within Font Book one creates a new library that
library can point to any font containing folder on the system, including the
just mentioned Adobe folder. The contained fonts are then accessible via Font
Book. The instructions for doing this are found in Font Book help under
Library.

--
James Leo Ryan ..... Austin, Texas ..... taliesinsoft@mac.com

0
TaliesinSoft

Mac font via fontographer to pc font
I have Fontographer 4.04 and I run it in Classic on Mac OSX 10.3.3. I have a Mac Postscript font and I have to add an euro character which does not exist in the font. I check out on which decimal character the euro is placed in my other font, and find that decimal 219 is where to place it. I generate at first a new Mac font and it works nice. Then I generate a pc TrueType font and mail the font to the person who needs it. She tells me that the euro exists allright - but on a wrong decimal. She tells me that she needs it to be placed on decimal 128. This however is occupied by (A-umlaut) whe...

Font Book refuses to put certain fonts into a collection
Any attempt to include certain fonts which appear in the "All Fonts" list in Font Book in a font collection fails to work. The fonts are added to the collection by dragging and dropping, either a single font at a time or a group of fonts. When a group is so dragged most of the fonts then appear in the collection but occasionally some do not. This is happening with about one in forty fonts. All of the fonts involved have been "certified" by FontAgent Pro as being free of any problems. I'm running OS X 10.3.7 Build 7S215 Font Book 1.0.2 (v36.1) ...

Disabling fonts in Panther's Font Book
A question about how fonts work: When I boot up Panther, does the system load all the fonts in RAM? Conversely, if I use Font Book to disable fonts, will I have more available RAM the next time I boot up? Thanks in advance for your help. ...

OS X system fonts not showing up in Font Book -- why?
I'm running OS X 10.4.2 and the following fonts in /System/Library/Fonts fail to show up in Font Book. Apple LiGothic Medium.dfont AquaKanaBold.otf AquaKanaRegular.otf HelveLTMM Helvetica LT MM Keyboard.dfont LastResort.dfont Times LT MM TimesLTMM All of the fonts located in /Library/Fonts (217 fonts) do show up in Font Book. Any idea why it is that Font Book doesn't "like" the fonts I've listed? -- James L. Ryan -- TaliesinSoft In article <0001HW.BF5B4517000560C0F0284550@news.supernews.com>, TaliesinSoft <taliesinsoft@mac.com> wrote: > I...

Why does Font Book font count vary from accoount to account? [follow-up]
A few days ago I posted the following (Apologies for the repost, but due to a communication glitch I'm not sure this is posting is going into the same thread.) -------------------- Here's the situation..... I'm running OS X 10.4.1 on the most recent model of an 17" AlBook. I have six accounts, one administrator and five user. The entirety of my font collection is contained within two folders and should be accessible from all accounts. System/Library/Fonts Library/Fonts There are no fonts installed that are visible only to a single account. What I don'...

Font Book vs. "Those Professional Font Managers"
Here's an example of something that is trivial to do in Apple's Font Book and I'm curious as to how easily the same thing is accomplished in one of the "professional" font managers such as Font Explorer or Suitcase Fusion. When Adobe's Creative Suite 2 is installed a folder is created in Library/Application Support/Fonts that contains some 180 .otf files each of which contains a single face within a font family. Thus a given font family can be represented by one or more .otf files. What is helpful (at least to me) is to place all of the .otf files for a given ...

Converting Mac Fonts "Helvetica Neue" to Window fonts
Hello designers...How am I convert My mac fonts to use them on Window? I tried to use Cross Fonts..but Didn't really work.. Can anybody help me? Or anyone like to exchange fonts? Thank you! Claire wrote: > Hello designers...How am I convert My mac fonts to use them on Window? > I tried to use Cross Fonts..but Didn't really work.. The latest version of this product (FontDoctor) claims to do it (and I believe it). http://www.morrisonsoftdesign.com/fd_mac.html > > The latest version of this product (FontDoctor) claims to do it (and I believe it). > http://www.morrisonsoftdesign.com/fd_mac.html > > Works like a dream. Only truetypefonts though. Kind regards Bj�rn Studio Smalbro > Works like a dream. Only truetypefonts though. Thanks for the info. To me, that is a major limitation. No hurry for that upgrade then! ...

Why does Font Book font count vary from account to account (Macintosh specific)
I originally posted this in a few Macintosh specific forums, but I thought maybe someone here might shed some light. Here's the situation..... I'm running OS X 10.4.1 on the most recent model of an 17" AlBook. I have six accounts, one administrator and five user. The entirety of my font collection is contained within two folders and should be accessible from all accounts. System/Library/Fonts Library/Fonts There are no fonts installed that are visible only to a single account. What I don't understand is that if I open Font Book when signed on to the diffe...

using font generator setvar(font groups, new font name)
I'm trying to determine if you have to create a font for each version and size of the font being used. Ie. Do I have to create seperate fonts for: Courier New, Bold, size 8 and Courier New, italics, size 8 or can I just create one for Courier New size 8 and it recognize it? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you. -Halina ...

WVW Hello world with 2 fonts or 2 font sizes of same font
could anyone write a small Hello World using more then 1 font or more sizes then one. I cant figure this one out. Thanks Yon ...

My font book app won't open!?
Maybe a corrupted plist, but where is it? Any other ideas? -- Paul Fuchs paulfuchs-at-attglobal-dot-net Sitting on a small rock (St. John) in the Caribbean Paul Fuchs wrote: > Maybe a corrupted plist, but where is it? /Users/~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.FontBook.plist > Any other ideas? Corrupted font(s)? For which FontDoctor X can be a lifesaver. -- -John Steinberg email: not@thistime.invalid ....And that, my liege, is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped. --Sir Bedevere John Steinberg <seesig@bottom.invalid> wrote: > For ...

Display font choices each in own font
Has anyone tried to code this? I have learned how to display a list of fonts available from http://www.lebans.com/enumfonts.htm. (thanks, Steve). I presume that one could not show each individual font in its own font as Word has done since 2000? On 21 May 2006 14:41:16 -0700, penguin732901@aol.com wrote: >Has anyone tried to code this? I have learned how to display a list of >fonts available from >http://www.lebans.com/enumfonts.htm. (thanks, Steve). > >I presume that one could not show each individual font in its own font >as Word has done since 2000? I think there must be a way to automate this from Word but there also may be a simpler way so I will give way to someone who knows more than me. In the meantime you might Google "automate Microsoft Word font" or something like that. You might even try sticking in "palette" as an optional search term. Who knows what might turn up? Bookreader On Sun, 21 May 2006 21:47:50 GMT, Bookreader <Bookreader127@yahoo.com> wrote: >On 21 May 2006 14:41:16 -0700, penguin732901@aol.com wrote: > >>Has anyone tried to code this? I have learned how to display a list of >>fonts available from >>http://www.lebans.com/enumfonts.htm. (thanks, Steve). >> >>I presume that one could not show each individual font in its own font >>as Word has done since 2000? > >I think there must be a way to automate this from Word but there also >may be a si...

Large fonts
I have a Thinkpad A22p running WinXP, which has a resolution of 1600 x 1200 on the native LCD. Normal fonts are too hard (for me) to read at that resolution, so I use large fonts (120 dpi). But that's on the native LCD. The rest of the time, I have it docked and attached to a 19" monitor running at 1280 x 1024, and at that resolution I prefer normal fonts. It's somewhat of a pain every time I switch configurations to have to change the DPI settings and reboot. Is there a way to tell WinXP to "Use Large Fonts when you're on the native LCD, Normal Fonts when you're on the external display!"? -- da ~~ "OE Quotefix" http://flash.to/oe-quotefix to fix Outlook Express' broken quoting. DA, Donkey Agony <root@[127.0.0.1]> wrote: > > It's somewhat of a pain every time I switch configurations to have to > change the DPI settings and reboot. Is there a way to tell WinXP to > "Use Large Fonts when you're on the native LCD, Normal Fonts when > you're on the external display!"? Setup docked and undocked Hardware Profiles. Regards, James JHEM wrote: >> It's somewhat of a pain every time I switch configurations to have to >> change the DPI settings and reboot. Is there a way to tell WinXP to >> "Use Large Fonts when you're on the native LCD, Normal Fonts when >> you're on the external display!"? > Setup docked and undocked Hardware Pro...

What are nil2 fonts and cursor fonts
Hi, When I run Xterm I get a message saying that it cannot convert nil2 fonts to fontstructure. What are nil2 fonts ?. I see it in Xterm.ad. Also another related question is what is cursor fonts ?. Thanks for your help. Regards Kanchan ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.x.] On 18 Jun 2005 18:35:14 -0700, v_kanchan@yahoo.com staggered into the Black Sun and said: > When I run Xterm I get a message saying that it cannot convert nil2 > fonts to fontstructure. What are nil2 fonts ?. I see it in Xterm.ad. In "man xterm" , the Resources section: iconFont (class IconFont) Specifies the font for the miniature active icon window, if this feature is compiled into xterm. The default is "nil2". ....so I'd guess that nil2 is a set of icons that are arranged into a font file. This isn't really something that's insanely important. > Also another related question: what [are] cursor fonts? IIRC, these are fonts where each character is mapped to a pixmap that can be used as a cursor. 'A' = pointer, 'B' = hourglass, 'C' = resize left-right, 'D' = resize top-bottom, etcetera. HTH, -- Matt G|There is no Darkness in Eternity/But only Light too dim for us to see Brainbench MVP for Linux Admin / mail: TRAP + SPAN don't belong http://www.brainbench.com / Hire me! -----------------------------/ http://crow202.dyndns.o...

Making a font from another font
Hi, I would like to create some virtual font from a Type 1 font that should behave exactly as the original one except for one thing: the characters should be print according to a -1 1 scale. Warning: [-1 0 0 1 0 0] makefont does not what I want, since it reverses the printing direction. For instance: (ABCDE) show should print ABCDE in this very same order but each letter should be horizontally mirrored. How can I do that? On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 19:04:14 +0100, Nobody wrote: > Hi, I would like to create some virtual font from a Type 1 font > that should behave exactly as the original one except for one > thing: the characters should be print according to a -1 1 scale. > Warning: > [-1 0 0 1 0 0] makefont > does not what I want, since it reverses the printing direction. > For instance: (ABCDE) show > should print ABCDE in this very same order but each letter should > be horizontally mirrored. How can I do that? Are you familiar with the family of books Adobe puts out about PS? I'm talking the 'green book' the 'red boot' the 'blue book'. One of them is basically a cookbook and has examples of digging in and modifying fonts - I think it would have what you need. Try a nearby university library, technical library or inter-library loan. ray <ray@zianet.com> wrote in news:pan.2006.12.17.20.54.07.463279 @zianet.com: > Are you familiar with the family of books Adobe puts out about PS? I'm > talking the ...

TrueType font to Opentype font
Hello All, I am a newbie. I have some TrueType fonts that I want to convert to Opentype fonts. Perhaps using some font editor. Where do I start? What software to use? thanks a lot for your help Mashrur In article <58e0b197.0403010934.332d57da@posting.google.com>, Mashrur Mia <mia@cs.concordia.ca> wrote: > I have some TrueType fonts that I want to convert to Opentype fonts. > Perhaps using some font editor. > > Where do I start? What software to use? First of all you should read the OpenType specifications that you can find either in the Microsoft or the Adobe si...

organize fonts in font menu
What program can you organize Windows fonts by styles instead of in alphabeticorder when accessing font from a program such as Photoshop or Illustrator? I remember the old days in Mac that I can put different fonts in different folders and they would be grouped together (maybe with suitcase or just the OS). Is there something similar on Windows? It's really time consuming when searching for a font from a long list. Thanks for any info! > What program can you organize Windows fonts by styles instead of in > alphabeticorder when accessing font from a program such as Photoshop > o...

win32 font/xlib font
Hello ! I'm new to Win32, coming from X11, and I have some questions related to font handleing. - How do I go from a font fname (Courier 12) to a HFONT to give to SelectObject ? - If i gave a xlib Font type, is there a way to access to its corresponding HFONT type ? Many thanks in advance for your help ! Luc Hello Luc, On 7/20/2010 1:50 PM, Luc Moulinier wrote: > Hello ! > I'm new to Win32, coming from X11, and I have some questions related > to font handleing. > > - How do I go from a font fname (Courier 12) to a HFONT to give to > SelectObject...

/etc/fonts/fonts.conf
What exactly do I need to add to fonts.conf after I added ProggyClean.afm to /usr/share/fonts/default (I converted ttf to afm using ttf2afm) Thanks Yakov "Yakov Lerner" <iler.ml@gmail.com> writes: > What exactly do I need to add to fonts.conf after I added > ProggyClean.afm to /usr/share/fonts/default (I converted ttf to afm > using ttf2afm) You don't need to add anything. Just run fc-cache. This really has nothing to do with X. If you want to make X aware of your new font, you should run mkfontscale and mkfontdir in that directory. -- M�n...

font method -option font
hi is there a method that checks if a certain widget responds to a certain -option ? or actually my question could also be what is an easy way to change the font in an entire application ? i thought this was where the money was: perl application.pl -font "Monaco 12" but nothing happens , and i haven't mentioned the word -font in application.pl so my questions remain thank you -++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**== This message was posted through the Stanford campus mailing list server. If you wish to unsubscribe from...

Emerald fonts
Hi there, I've installed the Emerald fonts [1] from CTAN, and have got them working on my system. An example such as the LaTeX Font catalogue's text example [2] works perfectly, but I can't work out for the life of me how to resize the font. I'm using this in the context of: \documentclass{article} \usepackage{emerald} \fontfamily{cmss}\fontsize{12pt}{13pt}\selectfont Here's the body of my text {\ECFAugie Some notes in the magin} Body text continues... \end{document} I wish to use cmss as my default font and Augie enclosed in a group only for short notes. Yet {\ECFAugie \fontsize(10pt) doesn't work as I'd hope} Thanks in advance for any pointers, Stroller. [1] http://ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/emerald/ [2] http://www.tug.dk/FontCatalogue/augie/augie.tex Stroller <stroller@bigfoot.com> schrieb: > Hi there, > > I've installed the Emerald fonts [1] from CTAN, and have got them > working on my system. An example such as the LaTeX Font catalogue's > text example [2] works perfectly, but I can't work out for the life of > me how to resize the font. > > I'm using this in the context of: > > \documentclass{article} > \usepackage{emerald} > \fontfamily{cmss}\fontsize{12pt}{13pt}\selectfont > Here's the body of my text > {\ECFAugie Some notes in the magin} > Body text continues... > \end{document} > > I wish to use cmss as my default fo...

@font-face and Download of fonts
Can anyone tell me how to make a browser to download a .ttf with the @font-face (CSS) tag? Thanks! Fip No. No one can tell you "... how to make a browser to download a .ttf with the @font-face (CSS) tag? ..." It doesn't work that way. "Soxos" <soxos@libero.it> wrote in message news:ne0Pa.160658$Ny5.4556275@twister2.libero.it... > Can anyone tell me how to make a browser to download a .ttf with the > @font-face (CSS) tag? > Thanks! > Fip > > "Soxos" <soxos@libero.it> wrote in news:ne0Pa.160658$Ny5.4556275@twister2.liber...

List of Fonts from Font Reserve
How can I generate a list of all the fonts that I have in my Font Reserve "Vault"? This basic functionality doesn't seem to be built in, and I can't find any shareware that looks in the vault. ...

win32 font/xlib font
Hello ! I'm new to Win32, coming from X11, and I have some questions related to font handleing. - How do I go from a font fname (Courier 12) to a HFONT to give to SelectObject ? - If i gave a xlib Font type, is there a way to access to its corresponding HFONT type ? Many thanks in advance for your help ! Luc Hello Luc, On 7/20/2010 1:50 PM, Luc Moulinier wrote: > Hello ! > I'm new to Win32, coming from X11, and I have some questions related > to font handleing. > > - How do I go from a font fname (Courier 12) to a HFONT to give to > SelectObject...

Web resources about - Fonts and/or Font Book - comp.sys.mac.apps

Font - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the traditional meaning of "font". For the electronic data file, see Computer font . For other uses, see Font (disambiguation) ...

Facebook Testing Different Fonts For News Feed
When Facebook Co-Founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg introduced the social network’s redesigned News Feed last March , he repeatedly referred to ...

Facebook tests different fonts for News Feed
... test discovered by Fast Company shows that designers are doing what they can to make this true. Facebook is toying with using serif fonts on ...

Google Fonts (@googlefonts) on Twitter
Web developers, keep yours eyes on the progress of new web font features with caniuse.com ( caniuse.com/feed.php?

If you're developing web apps, you're nuts if you aren't using Font Awesome. Seriously.
... our work is totally text and structure. Adding a bit of graphics is like adding spice to a sauce. And they're fun! We're lucky because Font ...

What font is best for resumes?
Arial &amp; Times New Roman are typical fonts used in resumes. However, I read a resume writing handbook in which the author claimed that Times ...

Quick Fonts - Add cool style fonts and words to create a pretty photo caption on your pictures on the ...
Get Quick Fonts - Add cool style fonts and words to create a pretty photo caption on your pictures on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, ...

Font furore breaks out over referendum pamphlets
Case for four-year parliamentary terms in bigger text than opponents.

Science flunks experimental font used on interstate signs
Filed under: Etc. , Government/Legal After an experiment with a new font on interstate road signs, the Federal Highway Administration says its ...

'Operator' is a font designed to make coding easier
... (this writer included), coders have an altogether different view of typefaces and how they're presented. Thus, Operator Mono, the new font from ...