Google Maps: Getting rid of text column?

When you go to Google Maps, there's a column of advertisements down the
left side of the window, alongside the map, like the Sidebar in a Finder
window.

Is there a command to turn this column off, or close it, and get just a
map filling the entire window?

(This column seems to go away eventually in most cases, but I can't
figure out whether it just does so randomly, or after a certain number
of zooms and pans, or whether I trigger it by doing a search for a new
location that has no ads associated with it, or ????)
0
AES

In article <siegman-148F79.08073811062006@news.stanford.edu>,
 AES <siegman@stanford.edu> wrote:

> When you go to Google Maps, there's a column of advertisements down the
> left side of the window, alongside the map, like the Sidebar in a Finder
> window.
>
> Is there a command to turn this column off, or close it, and get just a
> map filling the entire window?
>
> (This column seems to go away eventually in most cases, but I can't
> figure out whether it just does so randomly, or after a certain number
> of zooms and pans, or whether I trigger it by doing a search for a new
> location that has no ads associated with it, or ????)

I found that I can do a restoration by emptying the cache and removing
all cookies.

Al
0
Al