How do I get rid of Mail's 'suggestions'

Actually, not me, my mother. She once typed my email address wrongly into
Mail's 'To' field. Now, if she starts to type my address in that field (I'm
trying to get her to use the address book instead), the programme brings up
a list of everything she's ever typed there starting with the letter 'S',
with the incorrect address at the top of the list. She forgets that this
address is wrong, selects it, and wonders why her email bounces.

Where are these 'suggestions' stored? Is there a preference I can disable or
a file a can trash to get rid of them, or, at least, start again with a
clean slate?

Thanks in advance,
Steve  = : ^ )

0
Steve

In article <BE69CE03.4EC84%prettygood@everything.com.au>,
 "Steve B." <prettygood@everything.com.au> wrote:

> Actually, not me, my mother. She once typed my email address wrongly into
> Mail's 'To' field. Now, if she starts to type my address in that field (I'm
> trying to get her to use the address book instead), the programme brings up
> a list of everything she's ever typed there starting with the letter 'S',
> with the incorrect address at the top of the list. She forgets that this
> address is wrong, selects it, and wonders why her email bounces.
>
> Where are these 'suggestions' stored? Is there a preference I can disable or
> a file a can trash to get rid of them, or, at least, start again with a
> clean slate?

Window->Previous Recipients

Find the bad one (there's a search field) and click on Remove From List.

--
Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA
Barry Margolin said:

> In article <BE69CE03.4EC84%prettygood@everything.com.au>,
> "Steve B." <prettygood@everything.com.au> wrote:
>
>> Actually, not me, my mother. She once typed my email address wrongly into
>> Mail's 'To' field. Now, if she starts to type my address in that field (I'm
>> trying to get her to use the address book instead), the programme brings up
>> a list of everything she's ever typed there starting with the letter 'S',
>> with the incorrect address at the top of the list. She forgets that this
>> address is wrong, selects it, and wonders why her email bounces.
>>
>> Where are these 'suggestions' stored? Is there a preference I can disable or
>> a file a can trash to get rid of them, or, at least, start again with a
>> clean slate?
>
> Window->Previous Recipients
>
> Find the bad one (there's a search field) and click on Remove From List.

Thanks!!

Steve  = : ^ )

0
Steve
3/25/2005 4:09:53 AM
In article <BE69DA41.4EE8E%prettygood@everything.com.au>,
 "Steve B." <prettygood@everything.com.au> wrote:

> Barry Margolin said:
>
> > In article <BE69CE03.4EC84%prettygood@everything.com.au>,
> > "Steve B." <prettygood@everything.com.au> wrote:
> >
> >> Actually, not me, my mother. She once typed my email address wrongly into
> >> Mail's 'To' field. Now, if she starts to type my address in that field
> >> (I'm
> >> trying to get her to use the address book instead), the programme brings
> >> up
> >> a list of everything she's ever typed there starting with the letter 'S',
> >> with the incorrect address at the top of the list. She forgets that this
> >> address is wrong, selects it, and wonders why her email bounces.
> >>
> >> Where are these 'suggestions' stored? Is there a preference I can disable
> >> or
> >> a file a can trash to get rid of them, or, at least, start again with a
> >> clean slate?
> >
> > Window->Previous Recipients
> >
> > Find the bad one (there's a search field) and click on Remove From List.
>
> Thanks!!
>
> Steve  = : ^ )

Thanks Walter I been sort or bothered by this for some time, but not
enough to go looking.

--
Guns don't kill people; automobiles kill people.
0