How do I transfer a POPfile's settings from a 10.3.9 PPC Mac to a 10.5 Intel Mac?

Anyone familiar with transfering POPfile's
<http://popfile.sourceforge.net/> settings between two Macs? What files
and folders must I copy? Any additional tinkering needed?

TIA,
 Jamie Kahn Genet
jamiekg505 (3043)

Jamie Kahn Genet <jamiekg@wizardling.geek.nz> wrote:

> Anyone familiar with transfering POPfile's
> <http://popfile.sourceforge.net/> settings between two Macs? What files
> and folders must I copy? Any additional tinkering needed?
>
> TIA,
>  Jamie Kahn Genet

Just to clarify - so I don't seem like a noob :-D -I DO see mention of
this on POPFile's site. However it seems rather Windows POPFile centric,
so I thought I'd just check with other Mac POPFile users... I don't like
gotchas.

Regards,
 Jamie Kahn Genet
jamiekg
11/16/2007 6:36:33 PM
In article <1i7pp1j.196z2wl1qj7yhxN%jamiekg@wizardling.geek.nz>,
 jamiekg@wizardling.geek.nz (Jamie Kahn Genet) wrote:

> Jamie Kahn Genet <jamiekg@wizardling.geek.nz> wrote:
>
> > Anyone familiar with transfering POPfile's
> > <http://popfile.sourceforge.net/> settings between two Macs? What files
> > and folders must I copy? Any additional tinkering needed?
> >
> > TIA,
> >  Jamie Kahn Genet
>
> Just to clarify - so I don't seem like a noob :-D -I DO see mention of
> this on POPFile's site. However it seems rather Windows POPFile centric,
> so I thought I'd just check with other Mac POPFile users... I don't like
> gotchas.
>
> Regards,
>  Jamie Kahn Genet

I have used POPfile for years, but IIRC, any time I've done something
that required moving the install, I just copied the entire folder over.

--
Note: Please send all responses to the relevant news group. If you
must contact me through e-mail, let me know when you send email to

JR
0
Jolly
11/16/2007 9:40:56 PM
Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:

> In article <1i7pp1j.196z2wl1qj7yhxN%jamiekg@wizardling.geek.nz>,
>  jamiekg@wizardling.geek.nz (Jamie Kahn Genet) wrote:
>
> > Jamie Kahn Genet <jamiekg@wizardling.geek.nz> wrote:
> >
> > > Anyone familiar with transfering POPfile's
> > > <http://popfile.sourceforge.net/> settings between two Macs? What files
> > > and folders must I copy? Any additional tinkering needed?
> > >
> > > TIA,
> > >  Jamie Kahn Genet
> >
> > Just to clarify - so I don't seem like a noob :-D -I DO see mention of
> > this on POPFile's site. However it seems rather Windows POPFile centric,
> > so I thought I'd just check with other Mac POPFile users... I don't like
> > gotchas.
> >
> > Regards,
> >  Jamie Kahn Genet
>
> I have used POPfile for years, but IIRC, any time I've done something
> that required moving the install, I just copied the entire folder over.

I'll be doing this next week so I'll try just doing that first, thanks.
Otherwise I'll follow the Windows centric instructions on the POPFile
site as best I can.

Cheers,
 Jamie Kahn Genet
jamiekg