I cannot find my BomaArchive application

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

The other night I was unstuffing .zips and was using BomaArchive. Now I
cannot find it .Where in my system could it have gone?  beth

0
Reply beth.cornell (251) 11/22/2006 12:36:31 AM

See related articles to this posting

In article <1164155791.281761.287270@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
Beth C <beth.cornell@gmail.com> wrote:

> The other night I was unstuffing .zips and was using BomaArchive. Now I
> cannot find it .Where in my system could it have gone?  beth

Do you mean /System/Library/CoreServices/BOMArchiveHelper.app ?
0
Reply Jeffrey 11/22/2006 4:00:59 AM

yes. Thanks Jeff. I found it  I put an alias on my desktop thanks.
Jeffrey Jones wrote:
> In article <1164155791.281761.287270@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
> Beth C <beth.cornell@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The other night I was unstuffing .zips and was using BomaArchive. Now I
> > cannot find it .Where in my system could it have gone?  beth
> >

> Do you mean /System/Library/CoreServices/BOMArchiveHelper.app ?

0
Reply Beth 11/22/2006 4:48:16 AM
comp.sys.mac.apps 21019 articles. 25 followers. Post

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

I cannot find my BomaArchive application where is it.
I was unzipping a zip with this the other night now nothing. Cannot open anything. Can someone help with a free Idea. Beth C <beth.cornell@gmail.com> wrote: > I was unzipping a zip with this the other night now nothing. Cannot > open anything. Can someone help with a free > Idea. There are far bigger troubles here if it won't launch or cannot be found. I wouldn't just ignore it :-( BTW - if you want to find it, just search for it. Or if you're too lazy to spend the ten seconds doing that, look in System/Library/CoreServices. Regards, Jamie Kahn Genet -...

I cannot find my BomaArchive application help
I cannot seem to find this applicaiton on my system. I was unzipping a zip the other night with this now it is gone. Anywhere I can get this or something like this? On 2006-11-21 18:40:07 -0600, "Beth" <beth.cornell@gmail.com> said: > I cannot seem to find this applicaiton on my system. I was unzipping a > zip the other night with this now it is gone. Anywhere I can get this > or something like this? I assume you think BOMArchiveHelper is "gone" because you are trying to double-click some file and BOMArchiveHelper isn't launching to expand it. To f...

\Applications and ~\Applications
I have a fair number of non-Apple applications installed in Applications �� which means they don't get backed up when I back up Users. Can I install them instead in a ~/Applications folder in my home folder? (or just in Users?) And what about Applications (Mac OS 9) �� can it be moved to Users also? In <siegman-9F07ED.07405219032005@news.stanford.edu>, AES wrote: > Can I install them instead in a ~/Applications folder in my home > folder? (or just in Users?) Yes, though if they are in ~/Applications they will not be usable by any other users on that system. The Apple ...

find.find
import fnmatch, os def find(pattern, startdir=os.curdir): matches = [] os.path.walk(startdir, findvisitor, (matches, pattern)) matches.sort() return matches def findvisitor((matches, pattern), thisdir, nameshere): # for name in nameshere: if fnmatch.fnmatch(name, pattern): fullpath = os.path.join(thisdir, name) matches.append(fullpath) can someone explain why (matches, pattern) is doing in this two funct? thanks In <eo15uq$hna$1@ss408.t-com.hr>, Gigs_ wrote: > import fnmatch, os > > def find(pattern, startdir=os...

Find::Find
I'm writing a script to process a directory tree of images.  In each directory, I need to process each image and generate an HTML file listing all of the images and links to the subdirectories. Just about every source I can find on the 'net for processing subdirectories points you at Find::Find.  However, I'm trying to do something like this: enter directory open INDEX, ".\index.html" print INDEX HTMLheader foreach file{         if(file is an image){  ...

Built application can't find DaqMX devices with VISA Find Resource VI
My application programmatically finds all of my PXI devices using the VISA Find Resources VI with the following regular expression: &nbsp; (PXI[0-9]*::?*INSTR){VI_ATTR_S:LOT &gt;= 0} &nbsp; This works with my built application on a PXI-8186 controller with LabVIEW installed, but when I created an installer to put it on another PXI-8186 controller without the LabVIEW development system, none of my DaqMX devices show up in my list of VISA resources.&nbsp; They all show up in MAX, however.&nbsp; I even tried creating a simple app that just has the routine which gets the resour...

Find.find does not find orphaned links?
Find.find does not seem to find orphaned links: Downloads>ln -s /nonexistent Downloads>ls -l total 0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 wybo users 12 Nov 15 14:15 nonexistent -> /nonexistent Downloads>irb irb(main):001:0> require 'find' => true irb(main):002:0> Find.find('.') do |f| puts f end Hi, In message "Re: Find.find does not find orphaned links?" on Tue, 15 Nov 2005 22:19:59 +0900, Wybo Dekker <wybo@servalys.nl> writes: |Find.find does not seem to find orphaned links: It's a bug. Thank you. matz. ...

Help find application?
Hi, I'm a long-time Debian(and more recently Ubuntu) user, and I've been trying to get my younger sister to convert as well. She loves Ubuntu Linux, and she loves the applications that are all free. However. She will not switch completely unless she can find an application that is compatible with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice, especially the voice bit. I've showed her Gaim, and she likes it but is annoyed that she can't talk to her friends. Any suggestions? On 7 Dec 2006 14:36:26 -0800 "486box" <geckoboy2424@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hi, I'm a long-time Debi...

Finding application versions?
Hello, Is there anyway to find the version of a program via some sort of command if no readme files are to be found? I am looking up some small programs and driver files - the names are not descriptive. And I find no readme files. Sort of like a 'uname -a' for program or files? Or would this be part of the program - if included. A version command? Tmuld. On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 10:37:28 -0700, Tavish Muldoon wrote: > Is there anyway to find the version of a program via some sort of > command if no readme files are to be found? You could try strings(1) or man(1). On 25 Aug...

Finding Bug in an application!
I have a interesting article on how to find a bug in an application! at http://www.softwaretestinghelp.com/how-to-find-a-bug-in-application-tips-and-tricks/ If you are interested in quality assurance and have passion for testing then please add your tips to find the core and subtle bugs in an application. The tips you followed time to time in your testing career. We can have a list of such a tips, which can be very helpful for newbie testers! ...

Finding Running Application
If I see an application running in the task bar how do I find the EXE file? How do I even know what the name of the file is? In article <10ksi6mf5bna68a@corp.supernews.com>, "Awnold" <govern@ator.com> wrote: > If I see an application running in the task bar how do I find the EXE file? > How do I even know what the name of the file is? Why would you care? -- George Graves ------------------ Every guy owes himself at least one Ferrari before he dies "George Graves" <gmgravesnos@pacbell.net> wrote in article gmgravesnos-BF1FAF.21203719092004@ne...

Finding where an application is stored
I recently downloaded DateCopy - which seems a very helpful backup tool - but while using it it loaded !StrongEd onto my icon bar - another helpful application which I might have downloaded long ago, in a previous RiscOS version, I guess (I'm now Adjust 4.39) - or which might have come with Adjust. The odd thing is I can't find where !StrongEd is stored. I've looked in my usual Apps directory and other obvious places and poked round in the pack that came with the 4.39 upgrade and it is nowhere to be found. Is there any way I can get the system to tell me where !StrongEd lives, p...

Finding a running application
What is the best way in Windows XP to find a running application? On OS X, simply right click [1] the application in the Dock and select "Show In Finder". Even works for applications that are not running. [1] or control click or click and hold -- Are you really asking me that question or just engaging in hyperbole? I ask for information only. Snit <snit-nospam@cableone.net> wrote: >What is the best way in Windows XP to find a running application? > >On OS X, simply right click [1] the application in the Dock and select "Show >In Finder". Even...

finding out application dependencies;
How can I find out the dependencies of an application inside my program/driver? Say e.g If I want to find out the dependencies of iexplorer.exe inside my program? What are the APIs? I knwo there is a program something called dependency walker so I assume there must be some way of doing this. I want to provide a GUI which lists all the programs installed on the computer and when user cselects one of them I lists all the files (.dlls etc) on which it is dependent. krish wrote: > How can I find out the dependencies of an application inside my > program/driver? Say e.g If I want...

Finding running applications
Howdy I have a question about wxExecute. We�re using it to launch some sub-programs that our app communicates with via sockets. No problem there. But, on startup, we want to be able to detect if any of these apps are already running, and kill them off. So, I thought the following would work: TRACEX(Trace::DBG3,"AnyRunningApps"); wxArrayString output, errors; wxExecute("ps | grep ./_sub1", output, errors); TRACEX(Trace::DBG3,"AnyRunningApps - after wxExecute"); size_t count = output.GetCount(); for ( size_t n = 0; n < count; n++ ) { // /...

Application Cannot Find Its Libraries
OS: Linux 2.6.14-27 server (Ubuntu 6.06 LTS Dapper Drake dist; GUI: GNOME 2.14.3) I am attempting to build an open source scientific package (bioinformatics-related: OpenMS). The package depends on various libraries (BOOST, CGAL, NETCDF, XERCES) so the developers were nice enough to make a contrib package to build these in one go from a single configure/make. They only left the user to find another library, usually already installed (Qt3). The package authors want the builder to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to indicate library location search path. I have done the autoconf, ...

Finding Application in Windows
Hello, I looks for a simple method to look for current programs under Windows in VO. I think, query all windows and scanning for program name is the simpliest way. Or is there a better way? CU ...

To find Application path
I'm working in Mac mini. trying to find the correct path of an application that i have created. I used FSSpec() function to find the Application Path produce an error code -35 ie. volume not found . How i can pass the parameters to the above function. Ie. volume reference number , directory ID and the Application name. Anyone know the idea help me Thanks in Advance ASHKAR * posted via http://www.mymac.ws * please report abuse to http://xinbox.com/mymac In article <u1147671665@aknode.invalid>, askar.v@gmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid (ASHKAR) wrote: > I'm ...

Finding an image inside an application
The Application "Server Admin" has a nice image of a generic server in the main window pane (in the "Hardware" section). How would one go about finding this inside the application ? (I'd like to use that image as icon applied to the folder containing the server management apps). I tried going through the "open package contents" for Server Admin.App file and doing a quicklook through all the .tiff files in the "Resources" folder, but couldn't find it. Where else could that file be ? It won't let me look at the .NIBs since they a...

Application cannot find shared object
I have an application which loads a shared object (.so file). Everything had been running perfectly for a long time, but in a certain computer with RedHat Linux (kernel 2.6 x86_64) when I run this application it cannot load this library. I checked /usr/lib and the .so and associated links could be found there. The strange part is, this is happening only when I build the .so in that computer and then try to run the application. If I extract it from an rpm package built in another computer, it finds the library and works fine. I checked the attribute for the .so created by build and the associat...

Finding a Good Applications Engineer
Hi, I have an acquaintance who is having trouble recruiting for an embedded applications engineer to support the auto industry in the Detroit area. How does one find an engineer with the right background (rich, technically, in small embedded systems) and with the right personality (medium to good with people, enjoys solving problems and supporting customers)? Thanks, Dave Ashley dtashley@aol.com >How does one find an engineer with the right background (rich, >technically, in small embedded systems) and with the right personality >(medium to good with people, enjoys solving problem...

I find parallelized MiBench applications
I want to port MiBench application to ARM MPCore, as MiBench is widely used as embedded application benchmark programs. However, as MPCore has multiple cores, I'm looking a parallelized version of MiBench. Does anyone has or know the copy? Chun-Mok Chung. ...

finding memory required for application
Hi all, I have an application in Java Swing that has around 40 Jpanels with equal number of images on them and each panel will have some other components also. I want ton find the amount of RAM the application requires to run and also the memory requirement of each JPanel and its components. How to find the memory requirement? How can I make sure that the application will never run out of memory (out of memory exception )? Thanks in advance. Krishna. kkrish wrote: ... > I have an application in Java Swing that has around 40 >Jpanels Did you mean javax.swing.JPanel?*...

FIND finds too much
% The problem, easily seen below, is the unexpected behavoir of FIND. % DTA is an 1152x17 matrix whose details should not, it seems to me, be important. A1=find(DTA(:,2)==+1&DTA(:,3)==-1); DTA(A1(1:2),2:3),DTA(A1(end-1:end),2:3) ans = 1 -1 1 -1 ans = 1 -1 1 -1 % So far so good, only 1 -1 combinations present (directly verified for ALL entries, % in DTA(A1,:), not just those shown here). But then A2=find(DTA(A1,4)==DTA(A1,5)); DTA(A2(1:2),2:3),DTA(A2(end-1:end),2:3); ans = 1 -1 1 -1 ans = 1 1 1 1 % Why...