Is the Mac App Store down?

Been trying to access the Mac App Store today, but when I run the App,
nothing appears in it except the logo. I searched online to find out if
it's down but didn't see anything. Anyone else having the same problem?

0
Skylamar

On 2014.05.04, 13:36 , Skylamar wrote:
> Okay, I rebooted my Mac and thankfully the Mac App Store app is working=

> again.

What model Mac and OS v.?

--=20
"Big data can reduce anything to a single number,
  but you shouldn=92t be fooled by the appearance of exactitude."
      -Gary Marcus and Ernest Davis, NYT, 2014.04.07

0
Alan
5/4/2014 1:01:01 AM
Skylamar <nothingtoseehere@movealong.net> wrote:

> Been trying to access the Mac App Store today, but when I run the App,
> nothing appears in it except the logo. I searched online to find out if
> it's down but didn't see anything. Anyone else having the same problem?

Working fine for me (in New Zealand). If it isn't specific to your
computer, it might be a localised problem for the node closest to you on
the distributed network Apple uses (Akamai).

--
David Empson
dempson@actrix.gen.nz

No issues here (Montreal @ 12:48 UTC).

--=20
"Big data can reduce anything to a single number,
  but you shouldn=92t be fooled by the appearance of exactitude."
      -Gary Marcus and Ernest Davis, NYT, 2014.04.07

0
Alan
5/4/2014 12:49:02 PM
In article <2014050401465052816-nothingtoseehere@movealongnet>,
 Skylamar <nothingtoseehere@movealong.net> wrote:

> Been trying to access the Mac App Store today, but when I run the App,
> nothing appears in it except the logo. I searched online to find out if
> it's down but didn't see anything. Anyone else having the same problem?

What level of debugging did you do to determine the App Store is down,
besides just running the App?

Since I upgraded to 10.8, the App Store takes 3-4 MINUTES to load any
content, even if I have app updates.  Little Snitch says it's trying to
load an akami site that has photos.  I don't see this with 10.6. It
loads right up.

--
DeeDee, don't press that button!  DeeDee!  NO!  Dee...

Michael
5/4/2014 5:14:23 PM
On 2014.05.04, 13:14 , Michael Vilain wrote:
> In article <2014050401465052816-nothingtoseehere@movealongnet>,
>   Skylamar <nothingtoseehere@movealong.net> wrote:
>
>> Been trying to access the Mac App Store today, but when I run the App,=

>> nothing appears in it except the logo. I searched online to find out i=
>> it's down but didn't see anything. Anyone else having the same problem=
?

> What level of debugging did you do to determine the App Store is down,

He didn't determine it was - he's asking if it is.

> besides just running the App?
>
> Since I upgraded to 10.8, the App Store takes 3-4 MINUTES to load any
> content, even if I have app updates.  Little Snitch says it's trying to=

> load an akami site that has photos.  I don't see this with 10.6. It
> loads right up.

The photos are likely the app "cover art" that is presented in the=20
"Featured", "Top Charts" etc. ... pages.

It's usually pretty quick here (10 seconds) to load all that to a=20
settled state.  Checking for app updates takes a few seconds most of the =

time but occasionally will take 10's of seconds.

--=20
"Big data can reduce anything to a single number,
  but you shouldn=92t be fooled by the appearance of exactitude."
      -Gary Marcus and Ernest Davis, NYT, 2014.04.07

0
Alan
5/4/2014 5:23:18 PM
Okay, I rebooted my Mac and thankfully the Mac App Store app is working again.

0
Skylamar
5/4/2014 5:36:18 PM
Skylamar:
> Okay, I rebooted my Mac and thankfully the Mac App Store app is working again.

"Thankfully?" It is no wonder that people call us names.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
0
Davoud

Speed-Up.app from Mac App Store
Has anyone purchased, or know anything about, Speed-Up.app, which is available from the Mac App Store? (This is not an iPhone app.) It looks like it would be useful to me for playing back songs in iTunes at variable speeds, but I can't find any documentation for it to even see how it works. The Mac App Store info says it works with 10.5+, but it hasn't been updated since Jan 2011. The link to "Speed-Up Support" is broken but it does get you to a site that advertises Speed-Up as an iTunes plug-in. However, there's remarkably little there about Speed-Up, s...

mac app store apps dl limits
Was thinking about picking up an app or two or three (pages, numbers and find any file). Apple person at the store said the Apple apps aren't just one system per buy but thought there was some sort of limit. Is this a app store variable, an app variable or what? And would anyone know what the deal is on the above mentioned apps is? Would re-installing software require a deauth before hand? In article <l5c6qq$tfa$1@dont-email.me>, M. John Matlaw <nouser@invalid.com> wrote: > Was thinking about picking up an app or two or three (pages, numbers and > fi...

New Released Games for Mac in Mac App Store
Hi Guys, Dumadu Games had released a series of new games for Mac. Have a try and let us know how do you feel about the game. We would feel happy if you guys give a suggestion. Here goes the list of the games : Cricket Link : goo.gl/aagVZ Pop Chop Link : goo.gl/MSAu2 Twitty Link : goo.gl/sbxsk Icy Bouncy Link : goo.gl/UPG1L Thanks. ...

New Released Games for Mac in Mac App Store
Hi Guys, Dumadu Games had released a series of new games for Mac. Have a try and let us know how do you feel about the game. We would feel happy if you guys give a suggestion. Here goes the list of the games : Cricket Link : goo.gl/aagVZ Pop Chop Link : goo.gl/MSAu2 Twitty Link : goo.gl/sbxsk Icy Bouncy Link : goo.gl/UPG1L Thanks. ...

Mac
Hi, I have written a service to launch our wxWidgets Application when the user selects the menu item in the Services menu. The wxWidgets Application is configured to accept command line parameters when starting from the terminal window. I am launching the wxWidgets Application using Mac Launch Services call LSOpenFromURLSpec. I created an apple event descriptor (AEDesc) and added the parameters to pass into the AEDesc for the launch spec. This is not working, the application will launch but the parameters are ignored. Do I need to add an impementation in the wxMyApp::MacOpenFile to...

Mac App Store giving away pay apps for free
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/01/07/app_store_receipt_fail/ <quotes> Security oversights mean that many of the applications in Apple's newly launched Mac App Store can easily be obtained without payment. A significant number of developers have disregarded Apple's advice on validating App Store receipts before making their software available through the store. As a result, many applications can be pirated. Applications bought through the store can be modified to run by any Apple user (not just restricted to a specific Apple ID, prompting users to log into a...

Wondershare DVD Creator for Mac is available on Mac App Store
Wondershare DVD Creator for Mac is now available on Mac App Store with discount price $39.99. It is a creative DVD Video and DVD photo slide show application. It can convert videos to DVDs from popular videos like AVI, MPG, MPEG, MP4, WMV, MOV, MKV, FLV, etc. with 90+ preset free DVD menu templates. Besides, this DVD creator allows you to make slideshows and edit videos such as trim, crop, rotate videos, add watermarks, etc. Top Key Features: 1. Burn All Regular Video Formats to DVD. It can burn all regular video formats like MOV, MKV, MP4, AVI, WMV, MTS, HD videos, Flv files etc. ...

Wondershare Photo Recovery for Mac is Available on Mac App Store

Wondershare Data Recovery for Mac is Available on Mac App Store

Wondershare Video Converter for Mac Is Available On Mac App Store

Wondershare Video Converter for Mac is available on Mac App Store #2

Wondershare Video Converter Pro for Mac is Available on Mac App Store
Wondershare Video Converter Pro is a powerful converter that supports both videos and home DVDs. </b> It can help you convert videos and DVDs in several click, formats supported including: AVI, WMV, MP4, MOV, FLV, MKV, etc., with powerful and helpful edit functions for featuring the media file offered. Popular devices and apps like iPhone/ iPad/iPod/iMovie/FCP/HTC etc are supported. Key features of Video Converter Pro: -Convert videos and DVDs to popular formats of your choice. -Enjoy your favorite videos and movies on all your portable devices such as iPad, iPhone, iPod, Ap...

Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac Is Available On Mac App Store
Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac is the all-in-one solution to combine the features of the Mac video and DVD converter tools, and DVD burner. It is available for you to convert audio and video files from a variety of formats to playback on iOS devices, PSP, Blackberry, Android phones, tablets and other mobile devices etc. Moreover, it enables you to easily rip and burn DVDs. Top features of Video Converter Ultimate: 1. Convert video files such as AVI, MP4, MOV, M4V, MKV, FLV and etc. to the proper formats (with pre-sets) for iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, PSP, Blackberry, and...

App Store is not a store for apps
"Hi, I've got an iPhone and I would like to buy an app for it." "What's the problem?" "Well, at what store do I buy the app?" "At the App Store." "Huh?" "You buy an app for your iPhone at the App Store." "No, Apple says an app store is not a store for apps, so where do I buy my app?" "At the App Store." Okay... I'm talking, but you're not listening. Apple says that the App Store is *not* a store for apps, so *where* do *I* *buy* an app for my iPhone? "At the App Store." &quo...

Wondershare Release PDF Editor Pro on Mac App Store
Wondershare Software has launched the latest PDF Editor Pro on Mac App Store. With it people can easily do the following: 1.Convert Scanned PDF with Optical Character Recognition (OCR), 2.view and edit standard PDF files in most languages (actually it supports 17 Optical Character Recognition languages), 3.Add and modify text and images easily within PDF files, or even free to export PDF to Word, Excel, PPT, EPUB, HTML, etc. It is compatible with the requirements on such as edit the mistakes found in your original PDF, precisely insert, adjust and remove images, effortlessly edit sc...

Web resources about - Is the Mac App Store down? - comp.sys.mac.apps

Record Store Day - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Record Store Day is an internationally celebrated day observed the third Saturday of April each year. Its purpose, as conceived by independent ...

Brisbane 7-Eleven store at West End 'underpaid 12 staff' $80,000 over a year
... West End 7-Eleven were allegedly paid as little as $13 an hour, amounting to underpayments of more than $80,000 over a year. A 7-Eleven store ...

Apple TV (4th gen) with Siri remote in refurbished condition hits Apple’s online store
... since the 4th generation Apple TV with Siri remote was released, but it’s already available in refurbished condition from Apple’s online store. ...

Report: Apple App Store Generates Record 5.5 Billion Downloads in Q4 2015
App store optimization company Sensor Tower has released it Q4 2015 Data Digest, analyzing app downloads, revenue and monetization on Apple’s ...

Breakthrough battery prototype can store five times the energy of current Li-ion batteries
... science journal that describes a prototype for a so-called "lithium-oxygen" battery that is based on lithium superoxide (LiO 2 ) and can store ...

Thomson Reuters wants to own fintech with its version of the App Store
... ours — other fintech vendors." To that end, Thomson Reuters launched App Studio last October — a kind of finance version of Apple's App Store. ...

Bethenny Frankel complains about store workers not speaking English
... Housewives of New York villain Bethenny Frankel has drawn ire for what some people are calling racist comments complaining about KMart store ...

Using Desert Sand To Store Solar Energy
... that desert sand can be used as an effective thermal energy storage material for concentrated solar power [&hellip Using Desert Sand To Store ...

Gun-store owner, son die in shootout
A gun-store owner and his son were killed in a shootout with two customers after an argument over a $25 firearm repair fee.

Amazon Puts Mini E-Book Stores In Drugstores In Washington State
Back in November, Amazon did something unexpected: the company opened a real-life bookstore in its hometown of Seattle . The company also has ...