iTunes can't find 'IEtemp' file

iTunes v4.9 (17) on a 733 Quicksilver running 10.3.9, 640 MB ram

My daughter is being driven to distraction by a constantly appearing
error message box:

>>The movie file "Org_00b94fa4.IEtemp"cannot be found. Without this
file, the movie cannot play properly.<<

Clicking off that message brings up a second almost identical message,
only it is looking for a different file, "Org_058dlaaa.IEtemp".

It makes it almost impossible to use the software; any action she tries
to make, the box pops up...over...and over...and over...again.

Thoughts on what I might do to fix this?

Dan
0
Dan
9/21/2005 1:52:44 AM
comp.sys.mac.apps 21416 articles. 2 followers. xxx613 (1334) is leader. Post Follow

In article <200920052152448218%NoUCE@address.invalid>, Dan Becker
<NoUCE@address.invalid> wrote:

> iTunes v4.9 (17) on a 733 Quicksilver running 10.3.9, 640 MB ram
>
> My daughter is being driven to distraction by a constantly appearing
> error message box:
>
> >>The movie file "Org_00b94fa4.IEtemp"cannot be found. Without this
> file, the movie cannot play properly.<<...
>
> Thoughts on what I might do to fix this?

For starters, I'd suggest reinstalling the iTunes application, if you
have it.  You can pick up 4.9 here:

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/itunes49.html

There's also a newer version of iTunes available, 5.0.2., that might
alleviate the problem.   You can pick it up 5.0.1 here:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Software Update should then take you to 5.0.2.

Hope that helps.

--
Garner R. Miller
Clifton Park, NY =USA=
<garner@netstreet.net> wrote:

> There's also a newer version of iTunes available, 5.0.2., that might
> alleviate the problem.   You can pick it up 5.0.1 here:
>
> http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
>
> Software Update should then take you to 5.0.2.

My mistake; I had the version numbers confused in my head.

The download from apple.com will give you 5.0.1, which is the latest
version.

--
Garner R. Miller
Clifton Park, NY =USA=
In article <200920052152448218%NoUCE@address.invalid>,
 Dan Becker <NoUCE@address.invalid> wrote:

> iTunes v4.9 (17) on a 733 Quicksilver running 10.3.9, 640 MB ram
>
> My daughter is being driven to distraction by a constantly appearing
> error message box:
>
> >>The movie file "Org_00b94fa4.IEtemp"cannot be found. Without this
> file, the movie cannot play properly.<<
>
> Clicking off that message brings up a second almost identical message,
> only it is looking for a different file, "Org_058dlaaa.IEtemp".
>
> It makes it almost impossible to use the software; any action she tries
> to make, the box pops up...over...and over...and over...again.
>
> Thoughts on what I might do to fix this?
>
> Dan

Quick search on apple.com support brings up

Movie file cannot be found error message

Chuck Reti
Detroit MI
0
Chuck
9/21/2005 4:25:11 AM
In article <chuckreti-6A5FF0.00251021092005@comcast.dca.giganews.com>,
Chuck Reti <chuckreti@yahooNOSPAM.com.invalid> wrote:

> Movie file cannot be found error message

Thanks Chuck. Many appreciations.

Dan
0
Dan
9/22/2005 4:01:46 AM
In article <200920052210231401%garner@netstreet.net>, Garner Miller
<garner@netstreet.net> wrote:

> In article <200920052209278038%garner@netstreet.net>, Garner Miller
> <garner@netstreet.net> wrote:
>
> > There's also a newer version of iTunes available

Thanks for the suggestion. That did the trick, although I was resisting
upgrading quite yet to give the new version more time to settle down.
At least it had one bug fix update under its belt.

Dan
0
Dan