Junk Mail database in Apple's Mail

Hi groups,

two questions concerning the subject:

1. Where is it actually located (what file or files or whatever)?

2. Does it get updated whenever Mail is in the "Automatic" not the
"Training" mode?

Thanks for clues.

0
ISO

In article <bo6kja$19g3sl$4@ID-200323.news.uni-berlin.de>,
 Patryk ´┐Żogiewa <silverdr@inet.pl> wrote:

:> Hi groups,
:>
:> two questions concerning the subject:
:>
:> 1. Where is it actually located (what file or files or whatever)?
:>
:> 2. Does it get updated whenever Mail is in the "Automatic" not the
:> "Training" mode?
:>
:> Thanks for clues.
:>

I have no idea where the information is actually stored, but it is
always being updated.  If any item comes in that you think should've
been junked, just choose Mark Junk.  You've just made the junk detection
smarter.

= Steve =
--
Steve W. Jackson
Montgomery, Alabama
Patryk ?ogiewa <silverdr@inet.pl> wrote:

> 1. Where is it actually located (what file or files or whatever)?

Search for junk.mbox and you'll find it/them.

--
Mike Rosenberg

mike
11/4/2003 12:57:02 PM
Mike Rosenberg wrote:

> Patryk ?ogiewa <silverdr@inet.pl> wrote:
>

>>1. Where is it actually located (what file or files or whatever)?
>

> Search for junk.mbox and you'll find it/them.

The junk mailbox is there, no problem but the junk mail recognition
rules database. The one that gets updated when you "train" your mail.app
to recongise the spam. Where is this?

0
ISO
11/4/2003 4:42:32 PM
In comp.sys.mac.misc Patryk ?ogiewa <silverdr@inet.pl> wrote:
> 1. Where is it actually located (what file or files or whatever)?

If it helps you: ~/Library/Mail/LSMMap2

> 2. Does it get updated whenever Mail is in the "Automatic" not the
> "Training" mode?

If you're still telling Mail.app that certain mails you're getting are junk:
yes.

Noses.
0
Noses
11/4/2003 8:30:07 PM
Noses wrote:
> In comp.sys.mac.misc Patryk ?ogiewa <silverdr@inet.pl> wrote:
>
>>1. Where is it actually located (what file or files or whatever)?
>

> If it helps you: ~/Library/Mail/LSMMap2

If that's the file: it helps for sure! :-)

Might it be you know also more on the structure of this file? And what
is the first "LSMMap" file?

0
ISO
11/4/2003 9:52:10 PM
In article <3fa81f83$1@news.inet.com.pl>,
 "Patryk 'Silver Dream !' ?ogiewa" <silverdr@inet.remove.it.pl> wrote:

> Might it be you know also more on the structure of this file? And what
> is the first "LSMMap" file?

LSMMap is for Jaguar's Mail app.

LSMMap2 is for Panther's. Or so it would seem.

My LSMMap file has not been modified since October 24 and is 2.2MB. My
LSMMap2 file was modified twelve hours ago but it's only 1.7MB, which is
a little curious.

The file itself has some uninteresting XML text at the top but the rest
is a binary format I've never heard of a 3rd party program for reading.

--
....Paul McGrane

pmcg.comeuppance.org
0
Paul
11/6/2003 8:42:38 AM
Paul McGrane wrote:

>>Might it be you know also more on the structure of this file? And what
>>is the first "LSMMap" file?
>

> LSMMap is for Jaguar's Mail app.
>
> LSMMap2 is for Panther's. Or so it would seem.
>
> My LSMMap file has not been modified since October 24 and is 2.2MB. My
> LSMMap2 file was modified twelve hours ago but it's only 1.7MB, which is
> a little curious.
>
> The file itself has some uninteresting XML text at the top but the rest
> is a binary format I've never heard of a 3rd party program for reading.

Thank you. It seems the same to me.

0
ISO