remembers that, as if it were in training mode.

0
dwerner (39)

On 2007-05-29 13:28:36 -0400, One4All <dwerner@bresnan.net> said:

> With Mail out of the training mode & in Automatic mode, does Mail
> remember the messages you mark as Junk? Or, do you have to go back to
> training mode to tell Mail what is junk? Because after training mode,
> I still get some junk mail & mark it as junk, & I'm wondering if Mail
> remembers that, as if it were in training mode.

It is always learning from messages you mark as junk.  The only
difference from training mode is that it doesn't do any thing with the
message (except labelling it) when in training mode.

0
Malcolm
5/29/2007 5:57:44 PM
On May 29, 11:57 am, Malcolm <malcolm@invalid> wrote:
> On 2007-05-29 13:28:36 -0400, One4All <dwer...@bresnan.net> said:
>
> > With Mail out of the training mode & in Automatic mode, does Mail
> > remember the messages you mark as Junk? Or, do you have to go back to
> > training mode to tell Mail what is junk? Because after training mode,
> > I still get some junk mail & mark it as junk, & I'm wondering if Mail
> > remembers that, as if it were in training mode.
>
> It is always learning from messages you mark as junk.  The only
> difference from training mode is that it doesn't do any thing with the
> message (except labelling it) when in training mode.

Malcolm,

Thank you.

0
One4All
5/29/2007 7:15:38 PM
In article <1180459716.648362.228700@a26g2000pre.googlegroups.com>,
 One4All <dwerner@bresnan.net> wrote:

> With Mail out of the training mode & in Automatic mode, does Mail
> remember the messages you mark as Junk? Or, do you have to go back to
> training mode to tell Mail what is junk? Because after training mode,
> I still get some junk mail & mark it as junk, & I'm wondering if Mail
> remembers that, as if it were in training mode.

If you want to improve on Mail's filter - try SpamSieve
(http://c-command.com/spamsieve/)

HTH

Marc

--