mac app store apps dl limits

Was thinking about picking up an app or two or three (pages, numbers and
find any file).  Apple person at the store said the Apple apps aren't
just one system per buy but thought there was some sort of limit.  Is
this a app store variable, an app variable or what?  And would anyone
know what the deal is on the above mentioned apps is?  Would
re-installing software require a deauth before hand?
0
nouser212 (23)
11/6/2013 1:42:49 AM
comp.sys.mac.apps 21416 articles. 2 followers. xxx613 (1334) is leader. Post Follow

In article <l5c6qq$tfa$1@dont-email.me>, M. John Matlaw
<nouser@invalid.com> wrote:

> Was thinking about picking up an app or two or three (pages, numbers and
> find any file).  Apple person at the store said the Apple apps aren't
> just one system per buy but thought there was some sort of limit.  Is
> this a app store variable, an app variable or what?  And would anyone
> know what the deal is on the above mentioned apps is?  Would
> re-installing software require a deauth before hand?

apps can be installed on as many devices as you own. there is no limit,
other than your wallet in buying the devices.
0
nospam59 (11088)
11/6/2013 2:05:17 AM
On 11/5/13, 9:05 PM, nospam wrote:
> In article <l5c6qq$tfa$1@dont-email.me>, M. John Matlaw
> <nouser@invalid.com> wrote:
>
>> Was thinking about picking up an app or two or three (pages, numbers and
>> find any file).  Apple person at the store said the Apple apps aren't
>> just one system per buy but thought there was some sort of limit.  Is
>> this a app store variable, an app variable or what?  And would anyone
>> know what the deal is on the above mentioned apps is?  Would
>> re-installing software require a deauth before hand?
>
> apps can be installed on as many devices as you own. there is no limit,
> other than your wallet in buying the devices.

good to know - thanks
0
nouser212 (23)

App Store is not a store for apps
"Hi, I've got an iPhone and I would like to buy an app for it." "What's the problem?" "Well, at what store do I buy the app?" "At the App Store." "Huh?" "You buy an app for your iPhone at the App Store." "No, Apple says an app store is not a store for apps, so where do I buy my app?" "At the App Store." Okay... I'm talking, but you're not listening. Apple says that the App Store is *not* a store for apps, so *where* do *I* *buy* an app for my iPhone? "At the App Store." "I'll talk slower. Apple - has - clearly - stated - that - an - app - store - is - not - a - store - for - apps. So - WHERE - DO - I- BUY - AN - APP - FOR - MY - IPHONE?" "Uh... you don't." "Huh?" "Apple iPhones are perfect -- just as they come out of the box -- you don't need any additional apps. And the logo is beautiful... Gaze at the logo." "But I... uh... ooooooh, shiny..." -- RonB Registered Linux User #498581 CentOS 5.6 or VectorLinux Deluxe 6.0 On Sat, 21 May 2011 08:12:58 +0000, RonB wrote: > [snip] In a nutshell. :-) RonB wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties: > "No, Apple says an app store is not a store for apps, so where do I buy my > app?" "Take this bottle, it's formaldehyde." "What do you want me to do with it." "It's for Mel t...

New Released Games for Mac in Mac App Store
Hi Guys, Dumadu Games had released a series of new games for Mac. Have a try and let us know how do you feel about the game. We would feel happy if you guys give a suggestion. Here goes the list of the games : Cricket Link : goo.gl/aagVZ Pop Chop Link : goo.gl/MSAu2 Twitty Link : goo.gl/sbxsk Icy Bouncy Link : goo.gl/UPG1L Thanks. ...

Wondershare Video Converter for Mac is available on Mac App Store #2

Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac Is Available On Mac App Store
Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac is the all-in-one solution to combine the features of the Mac video and DVD converter tools, and DVD burner. It is available for you to convert audio and video files from a variety of formats to playback on iOS devices, PSP, Blackberry, Android phones, tablets and other mobile devices etc. Moreover, it enables you to easily rip and burn DVDs. Top features of Video Converter Ultimate: 1. Convert video files such as AVI, MP4, MOV, M4V, MKV, FLV and etc. to the proper formats (with pre-sets) for iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, PSP, Blackberry, and...

The Mac App Store
to open on January 6... http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/12/16macappstore.html SK. Paw <213sk@accessforall.invalid> wrote: > to open on January 6... > > http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/12/16macappstore.html > > SK. *yawn* Still, I suppose it's helpful for Mac newbies and devs who aren't happy with any kagi and *shudder* paypal, etc. -- If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate. In article <1jtmval.14ld5q1i5h1qyN%jamiekg@wizardling.geek.nz>, jamiekg@wizardling.geek.nz (Jamie Kahn Genet) wrot...

Wondershare Release PDF Editor Pro on Mac App Store
Wondershare Software has launched the latest PDF Editor Pro on Mac App Store. With it people can easily do the following: 1.Convert Scanned PDF with Optical Character Recognition (OCR), 2.view and edit standard PDF files in most languages (actually it supports 17 Optical Character Recognition languages), 3.Add and modify text and images easily within PDF files, or even free to export PDF to Word, Excel, PPT, EPUB, HTML, etc. It is compatible with the requirements on such as edit the mistakes found in your original PDF, precisely insert, adjust and remove images, effortlessly edit sc...

Apple: an 'App Store' Is Not a Store For Apps
<http://apple.slashdot.org/story/11/05/20/1947231/Apple-an-App-Store-Is-Not-a-Store-For-Apps> <quote> "What would be your first guess about what an app store sells? Don't be fooled, Apple warns, the phrase 'app store' is not generic and can only be used to describe Cupertino's... um, app store? 'Apple denies that, based on their common meaning, the words "app store" together denote a store for apps,' Apple said in a Thursday filing with a California district court. All this notwithstanding that Jobs himself used the phrase generically while referring to Android app stores. We've previously discussed this ongoing legal battle." </quote> Reminds me of a wintroll who once stated that the meanng of the word advocacy is not-advocacy. Well he was kind of dumb as he also stated that security is a binary thing! The name just skips me at the moment. :-) On Sat, 21 May 2011 06:53:45 +0000, Hardon wrote: > <http://apple.slashdot.org/story/11/05/20/1947231/Apple-an-App-Store-Is- Not-a-Store-For-Apps> > > <quote> > "What would be your first guess about what an app store sells? Don't be > fooled, Apple warns, the phrase 'app store' is not generic and can only > be used to describe Cupertino's... um, app store? 'Apple denies that, > based on their common meaning, the words "app store" together denote a > store for apps,' Apple said in a Thursday f...

Can older Mac 68K apps be converted to FAT or PPC apps to run on PPCs?
Can someone explain the difficulty level to do this? I have an obsolete form filler application that is only for 68K Macs. How much trouble is it to convert? Robert Hovland <ranospamhovland@earthlink.net> writes: > Can someone explain the difficulty level to do this? I have an obsolete > form filler application that is only for 68K Macs. How much trouble is > it to convert? As I understand it, updating your code and building a Carbon version of your app isn't too much trouble. Carbon is essentially just a newer version of the class Toolbox API, so Carbonating your app won't be nearly as much work as creating a completely "foreign" port would be. On the other hand, you *do* need to have the source code for the app, and you *will* need to do some updating of it and build a Carbon version. As far as I know, there is no "converter" that will easily magically a 68K app into a modern app with no programming needed. sherm-- -- Cocoa programming in Perl: http://camelbones.sourceforge.net Hire me! My resume: http://www.dot-app.org In article <ranospamhovland-BA1FB0.12265508082005@news.west.earthlink.net>, Robert Hovland <ranospamhovland@earthlink.net> wrote: > Can someone explain the difficulty level to do this? I have an obsolete > form filler application that is only for 68K Macs. How much trouble is > it to convert? Probably little-or-none if you've got the so...

Crypto-Apps: Ciphers App-1 and App-2.
These ciphers are available now for free downloading from, http://www.adacryptpages.com (navigate to the bottom title boxes). Crypto-App Ciphers - Apps_1 & 2. - Personalised Cryptography for Tablets, L= aptops, Desktop, Main Frame Computers in Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8. Download App_1=20 Download App_2=20 No need to study the cryptography, the mathematics, the programming, the co= mputer science (unless you really want to and then you just peruse the othe= r title boxes on the same site) - instead, just teach yourself to run these= 'apps' as you would any other app...

Mac App Store Issues
Hi. I own Pages 08 and Rapidweaver 4, both of which are not the latest versions. The latest versions, Pages 09 and Rapidweaver 5 are both in the App Store. However, the App Store says that both programs are installed on my Mac, even though, as I said, I have older versions. Because the App Store thinks I have both programs, it won't let me buy them. I have no need to buy the newest versions from the App Store right now but I might in the future. I'm wondering if I should contact Apple, although I'm not even sure whom I should contact there. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

Aggressive Mac App Store pricing
Aperture 3: $80 Individual iWork apps: $20 Individual iLife apps: $15 The 'Buy Now' links on Apple's web pages for these apps now take you directly to the App Store. And while Apple is leading the way with new pricing, they're not alone: Autodesk Sketchbook Pro: $30 (MSRP was $80) This is clearly the new model: make apps dead simple to find, pay for, and install. Slash prices. Users pay less for apps. Developers make more money overall as a consequence of higher volume. Some Mac traditional Mac developers seems to be holding back and maintaining their e...

App Store = 1/2 Million Apps
Estimates peg App Store at 500,000 apps <http://news.cnet.com/8301-27076_3-20065720-248.html> On 5/24/2011 2:34 PM, Fred Moore wrote: > Estimates peg App Store at 500,000 apps > > <http://news.cnet.com/8301-27076_3-20065720-248.html> Mostly fart apps... -- MFB In article <irk2qg$lh0$1@dont-email.me>, Flint <agent1@section31.org> wrote: > > Estimates peg App Store at 500,000 apps > > > > <http://news.cnet.com/8301-27076_3-20065720-248.html> > > Mostly fart apps... nope. fart apps are well under 1% of ...

Mac App Store BAD UI design...
http://readthefuckinghig.tumblr.com How in the earth could the App Store lure in idiotic UI designers so quickly?? -- Sandman[.net] Sandman stated in post mr-846790.00050007012011@News.Individual.NET on 1/6/11 4:05 PM: > http://readthefuckinghig.tumblr.com > > How in the earth could the App Store lure in idiotic UI designers so > quickly?? > Kid Pix generally gets very high reviews. -- [INSERT .SIG HERE] In article <mr-846790.00050007012011@News.Individual.NET>, Sandman <mr@sandman.net> wrote: > http://readthefuckinghig.t...

[CM] subtle exodus from the Mac app store
From the «go indie or go broke» department: Title: Mac App Store: the subtle exodus Author: Thom Holwerda Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 12:38:52 -0400 Link: http://osnews.com/story/27984/Mac_App_Store_the_subtle_exodus My ultimate fear is that the complacent state of the Mac App Store would lead to the slow erosion of the Mac indie community. The MAS is the best place to get your software, it comes bundled with your OS, it's very convenient but when all the issues compound, developers will vote with their feet and continue the slow exodus. I feel that Apple needs to encourage...

StakePoint Project-Portfolio on the Mac App Store
Dear Oracle Friends, =20 At StakePoint we believe in innovative and gorgeously looking Project-Manag= ement Applications that obviously knows how to run out of the best database= in the world. =20 That's why we just released StakePoint Project-Portfolio on the Mac App Sto= re for OSX users, and on our Website For Windows 10 and earlier users. https://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/stakepoint-project-portfolio/id953850751?mt= =3D12 https://stakepoint.com/ =20 It won't remain free so grab it now and send us your feedback. Have Fun and Share, =20 Maarten MOSTERT 28 Av Alphon...

"Installed" in Mac App Store
"(By the way, the way the App Store decides something is "Installed" is if both the app identifier and version number match.)" https://twitter.com/kcase/status/23119133084229632 -- Sandman[.net] Sandman stated in post mr-F2BCC9.21523406012011@News.Individual.NET on 1/6/11 1:52 PM: > "(By the way, the way the App Store decides something is "Installed" > is if both the app identifier and version number match.)" > > https://twitter.com/kcase/status/23119133084229632 Thank you. -- [INSERT .SIG HERE] ...

iPad-Apps up 185% at app store after Jan. unveiling.
http://brainstormtech.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2010/03/15/flurry-new-apps-up -185-post-ipad/ The app store will drive the iPad. C'mon wintwinkies, have at it...and bring out all the alternatives and how much better they are... In article <mike-13B28C.00595116032010@news.newsguy.com>, Mike <mike@nonnfaba.invalid> wrote: > http://brainstormtech.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2010/03/15/flurry-new-apps-up > -185-post-ipad/ > > The app store will drive the iPad. > > Come on, Wintwinkies, have at it, and bring out all the alternatives and > how much better they are. They will bust their nuts trying. In article <T-Bone-74E20D.01275016032010@news.giganews.com>, Chance Furlong <T-Bone@megakatcity.com> wrote: > In article <mike-13B28C.00595116032010@news.newsguy.com>, > Mike <mike@nonnfaba.invalid> wrote: > > > http://brainstormtech.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2010/03/15/flurry-new-apps-up > > -185-post-ipad/ > > > > The app store will drive the iPad. > > > > Come on, Wintwinkies, have at it, and bring out all the alternatives and > > how much better they are. > > They will bust their nuts trying. baboon-girlie-zarathingy-no nuts doesn't have any to bust! ...

Developer Is Building An App Store For Banned Android Apps
http://techcrunch.com/2012/01/20/developer-is-building-an-app-store-for-ban= ned-android-apps |An Android developer by the name of Koushik Dutta |is building an alternative Android app store which will house |the apps that have been banned from Google=92s official Android Market. |These will include the custom ROMs |(customized versions of the Android OS), |classic gaming emulators pulled due to copyright complaints, |unofficial tethering apps removed at the behest of mobile operators, |Visual Voicemail apps, one-click rooting apps, and more. |[...] |he has posted a progress update, |https://plus.google.com/103583939320326217147/posts/izarYrkb7SV |showing an early version of the store being built. On Jan 25, 3:56=A0am, JeffM <jef...@email.com> wrote: > http://techcrunch.com/2012/01/20/developer-is-building-an-app-store-f... > > |An Android developer by the name of Koushik Dutta > |is building an alternative Android app store which will house > |the apps that have been banned from Google=92s official Android Market. > |These will include the custom ROMs > |(customized versions of the Android OS), > |classic gaming emulators pulled due to copyright complaints, That's lovely. > |unofficial tethering apps removed at the behest of mobile operators, > |Visual Voicemail apps, one-click rooting apps, and more. Yay, another place to download Android malware. -- "For example, if someone wanted to push to make it legal for 80 year old s...

App Store apps are no longer "Free"
As of yesterday apps in the Mac App Store and iOS Store with no initial charge are no longer marked as "Free". Instead, the button is "Get". -- Oh! I thought they smelled bad on the *outside*! Hi Lewis, On 2014-11-20 23:47:03 +0000, Lewis said: > As of yesterday apps in the Mac App Store and iOS Store with no initial > charge are no longer marked as "Free". Instead, the button is "Get". this is because there were complaints that "free" apps were then requiring in-app-purchases, making them no longer free. You still g...

Stop App Store wanting to update deleted app
A few months ago, I downloaded MS OneNote, as it was so highly recommended by the App Store. I hated it! So, I deleted every file I could find connected with it, using 'FindAnyFile'. A new version has been released, and the App Store wants to update my version, which doesn't exist. I've chosen to 'Hide purchase' in the App Store, but this hasn't made any difference. I don't know if the App Store is finding a hidden file on my Mac, or keeps a log of its own. The App Store doesn't suggest the update for my other two Macs, which did not have OneNote i...

Mac OS 9 app for browsing Apple Music Store?
I'd like to browse (not buy, download or listen) the Apple Music Store to see what labels are present. Is there an Mac OS 9 app that lets you take a look at what's in the store? Eric Eric Walton wrote: > I'd like to browse (not buy, download or listen) the Apple Music Store > to see what labels are present. Is there an Mac OS 9 app that lets you > take a look at what's in the store? > > Eric iTunes. http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=120073 "Requirements iTunes works with all Macintosh computers that have built-in USB ports. Mac OS 9.0....

Wondershare Video Editor -Vivideo is Launched on Mac App Store
<b><p>Wondershare Video Editor is an video editing software with the affordable price US$39.99 on the Mac App Store. With which you can edit, merge and retouch videos with rich video and photo editing functions like trimming, cropping, rotating, adding stylish titles, applying filter effects, inserting transition and motion effects, etc. Furthermore, you can export videos to various popular video formats and portable devices for wider sharing and enjoyment or directly upload them to YouTube for sharing with family and friends. For better video preservation it also enables y...

Closing an app from another app
Hi I have a wx application (Currently on windows) where I need to close the application from another app. I can get the window handle of the main window, but passing either WM_CLOSE or wxEVT_CLOSE_WINDOW doesnt seem to do anything. Ive done this before in Win32 apps, so I know Im close, but cant quite figure this out. Thanks -=Bob McCown inSORS Integrated Communications --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwidgets.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@lists.wxwidgets.o...

How to launch an app from another app
Hello, I need do start an app from another. Now I use then execv system call: the secondary app starts, but the first exits! I need the first to go on running! How can I do? Is there another system call? Thank you! "patrick carosso" <carossopatrick@yahoo.it> writes: > Hello, > I need do start an app from another. > Now I use then execv system call: the secondary app starts, > but the first exits! I need the first to go on running! > How can I do? Is there another system call? > Thank you! Don't multipost. -- M�ns Rullg�rd mru@mru.ath.cx patrick caros...

Web resources about - mac app store apps dl limits - comp.sys.mac.apps

Largest cities of the European Union by population within city limits - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ...
This article is about the largest cities of the European Union by population within city limits. For largest city areas in the Europe, which ...

Laverton woman, 25, drink-driving ‘almost five times over’ alcohol limit
A LAVERTON woman was caught driving while allegedly nearly five times over the legal alcohol limit after almost colliding with a police car on ...

Drunk driver nine times legal limit
Police believe a Coffs Harbour woman may have returned NSW's highest ever blood alcohol reading after she crashed into a fence last month.

Here's the way for Alaska to keep dividend, balance budget, limit government - Alaska Dispatch News
OPINION: Alaska needs to break the old mold, take a new way forward to a sustainable state budget and guaranteed dividend. Senate Bill 114 is ...

What Is the Economy's Speed Limit?
... "Does the economy have room to grow?... >...Could we create many more jobs and wealth if we really tried, or have we reached the limits of what ...

NBA superstar Chris Paul has some strict limits on when his kids can use electronics
... play during the week. But they remind me of me and my brother. Friday after school, they want their iPad.” Paul isn’t alone in trying to limit ...

Clinton: 'Try Everything That Works' to Limit the Numbers and Kinds of People 'Who Are Given Access to ...
"I think we have to try everything that works to try to limit the numbers of people and the kinds of people who are given access to firearms," ...

New Bill Aims To Limit “Ridiculous” Airline Fees For Checked Bags, Cancellations
... Fees Act is being introduced this morning by Sen. Ed Markey (MA) and Sen. Richard Blumenthal (CT). The bill [ PDF ] doesn’t set specific limits ...

PlayStation VR has a lower age limit than Oculus Rift
With the VR revolution almost upon us, would-be early adopters are sizing up which headset is right for them. Do they back the Oculus Rift headset, ...

Three proposals for how to make Albany less corrupt: Andrew Cuomo wants to limit lawmakers’ outside
Three proposals for how to make Albany less corrupt : Andrew Cuomo wants to limit lawmakers’ outside income to $12K; Democrats want to limit ...