Mac Mail app

I'm sure I am probably missing something but I am new to the Mac, so help
would be appreciated.

The Mac's on board mail client, why is the text size so small on some
incoming mail? It is not on all mail so presumably the senders settings have
an impact although I would have thought that Mac Mail would have over-ridden
these with local settings.

Thanks
Colin

0
Countryman

Countryman wrote:
> I'm sure I am probably missing something but I am new to the Mac, so help
> would be appreciated.
>
> The Mac's on board mail client, why is the text size so small on some
> incoming mail? It is not on all mail so presumably the senders settings have
> an impact although I would have thought that Mac Mail would have over-ridden
> these with local settings.
>
> Thanks
> Colin

Mail | View | Customize Toolbar - drag the Smaller / Bigger icon item to
the toolbar.  You can do this for other Mail windows too.

Chu

--
chuenginsberg at mac dot com
0
 Countryman <mail@xxcgrantrem.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm sure I am probably missing something but I am new to the Mac, so help
> would be appreciated.
>
> The Mac's on board mail client, why is the text size so small on some
> incoming mail? It is not on all mail so presumably the senders settings have
> an impact although I would have thought that Mac Mail would have over-ridden
> these with local settings.
>
> Thanks
> Colin

You can remove all user formatting (if present) from a message you are
reading by choosing View > Message > Plain Text Alternative (shortcut
cmd-opt-P)

This will show the message in the font and color you specify in
Preferences > Fonts and Color.

-- Cillit
0
Cillit
1/20/2007 12:08:37 PM
In article <eot5tc$ipj$1@news4.zwoll1.ov.home.nl>,
 Cillit Bang <cillitb@gmail.com> wrote:

> In article <0001HW.C1D79DCD000196BDB019F94F@news.btinternet.com>,
>  Countryman <mail@xxcgrantrem.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > I'm sure I am probably missing something but I am new to the Mac, so help
> > would be appreciated.
> >
> > The Mac's on board mail client, why is the text size so small on some
> > incoming mail? It is not on all mail so presumably the senders settings
> > have
> > an impact although I would have thought that Mac Mail would have
> > over-ridden
> > these with local settings.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Colin
>
> You can remove all user formatting (if present) from a message you are
> reading by choosing View > Message > Plain Text Alternative (shortcut
> cmd-opt-P)
>
> This will show the message in the font and color you specify in
> Preferences > Fonts and Color.
>
> -- Cillit

And you can make that the default by opening a terminal window
(/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app) and entering the following:

defaults write com.apple.mail PreferPlainText -bool YES

Then, of course, you'll have to go out of your way to see the styled
version if you want/need to.

--
The best intentions in the world don't make a flawed argument magically valid.
0

> Countryman wrote:
>> I'm sure I am probably missing something but I am new to the Mac, so help
>> would be appreciated.
>>
>> The Mac's on board mail client, why is the text size so small on some
>> incoming mail? It is not on all mail so presumably the senders settings
>> have
>> an impact although I would have thought that Mac Mail would have
>> over-ridden
>> these with local settings.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Colin
>
> Mail | View | Customize Toolbar - drag the Smaller / Bigger icon item to
> the toolbar.  You can do this for other Mail windows too.
>
> Chu

That will do niceley.
Many thanks
Colin

0
Countryman
1/20/2007 2:05:28 PM
In article <0001HW.C1D79DCD000196BDB019F94F@news.btinternet.com>,
 Countryman <mail@xxcgrantrem.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm sure I am probably missing something but I am new to the Mac, so help
> would be appreciated.
>
> The Mac's on board mail client, why is the text size so small on some
> incoming mail? It is not on all mail so presumably the senders settings have
> an impact although I would have thought that Mac Mail would have over-ridden
> these with local settings.
>
> Thanks
> Colin

These are probably HTML formatted mail messages you are seeing this
behavior with. Try below steps to set minimum font size in HMTL
messages. In the example I set min font size to 12, you can make it
whatever you want.

1. Quit Mail

2. Open Terminal and type in the following:

defaults write com.apple.mail MinimumHTMLFontSize 12

3. Restart Mail.app
0
Peter
1/20/2007 2:37:57 PM
On 2007-01-20 02:22:05 -0800, Countryman <mail@xxcgrantrem.co.uk> said:

> I'm sure I am probably missing something but I am new to the Mac, so
> help would be appreciated.
>
> The Mac's on board mail client, why is the text size so small on some
> incoming mail?

Because their monitor is larger or smaller than yours and so they set
their font large or smaller than your usual default size.

--
Thank you and have a nice day.

0
gtr

Mac
Hi, I have written a service to launch our wxWidgets Application when the user selects the menu item in the Services menu. The wxWidgets Application is configured to accept command line parameters when starting from the terminal window. I am launching the wxWidgets Application using Mac Launch Services call LSOpenFromURLSpec. I created an apple event descriptor (AEDesc) and added the parameters to pass into the AEDesc for the launch spec. This is not working, the application will launch but the parameters are ignored. Do I need to add an impementation in the wxMyApp::MacOpenFile to...

Mac mail app problems sending mail??
Sometimes when I send email I get an error message stating it will remain in outbox blah, blah, blah. It also says "Verify that you have addressed this message correctly. Check you SMTP server settings in Mail Preferences and verify and advanced settings with your system administrator." Now... when I go to Mail> Preferences> Accounts, I change the server settings and set authentication to Password. Once I enter password and whatnot, the mail gets sent. Sounds like the problems fixed but......... In a few more days, I get the error message again. This time I set the authenticati...

Speed-Up.app from Mac App Store
Has anyone purchased, or know anything about, Speed-Up.app, which is available from the Mac App Store? (This is not an iPhone app.) It looks like it would be useful to me for playing back songs in iTunes at variable speeds, but I can't find any documentation for it to even see how it works. The Mac App Store info says it works with 10.5+, but it hasn't been updated since Jan 2011. The link to "Speed-Up Support" is broken but it does get you to a site that advertises Speed-Up as an iTunes plug-in. However, there's remarkably little there about Speed-Up, s...

Mac mail.app to iPod touch mail transfer
Running a MacBook with 10.6.5 and a 3rd gen iPod touch with 4.2.1. Without getting into long explanations, I cannot have wifi in my house, and it would be most convenient to write my emails on my Mac, transfer them to my iPod, and send them out from a public hot spot in town. I have been doing this by writing the mails in mail.app>notes, syncing the ipod, then copy and pasting from ipod notes to ipod mail. I have airsharing and goodreader and probably could use them also. But is there a more convenient way like an app at the iTunes store that would directly transfer from mail/Ma...

mac app store apps dl limits
Was thinking about picking up an app or two or three (pages, numbers and find any file). Apple person at the store said the Apple apps aren't just one system per buy but thought there was some sort of limit. Is this a app store variable, an app variable or what? And would anyone know what the deal is on the above mentioned apps is? Would re-installing software require a deauth before hand? In article <l5c6qq$tfa$1@dont-email.me>, M. John Matlaw <nouser@invalid.com> wrote: > Was thinking about picking up an app or two or three (pages, numbers and > fi...

Best app. to run PC apps through Mac?
Have two Macs (OS 9.2.2) networked with a Compaq. I need to run the PC's IE remotely via my Mac (as a client). DAVE seems soley devoted to file sharing. Again, running OS 9.2.2 so can't take advantage of Remote Desktop Connection Client for Mac. Any suggestions? "eMac" <dcallaha@infionline.net> wrote in message news:1ggyxoc.9se1o61ha5ki0N%dcallaha@infionline.net... > Have two Macs (OS 9.2.2) networked with a Compaq. I need to run the > PC's IE remotely via my Mac (as a client). DAVE seems soley devoted to > file sharing. Again, running OS 9.2.2 so ...

com.sys.mac.apps
www.freeservice6.blogspot.com ...

Mail.app on a Different Mac
Hi, Which files do I have to move for a user moving from one Mac to another so that he can continue to see his mail archives? -- Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Bolen Books. Dale Friesen, Sysadmin Bolen Books, Inc Victoria, BC Canada root@bolen.bc.ca http://www.bolen.bc.ca dfriesen@amtsgi.bc.ca (Dale Friesen) writes: > Which files do I have to move for a user moving from one Mac to another > so that he can continue to see his mail archives? I can't tell you details for Mail.app off the top of my head, but I do want to make a suggestion to you for the future -...

New Released Games for Mac in Mac App Store
Hi Guys, Dumadu Games had released a series of new games for Mac. Have a try and let us know how do you feel about the game. We would feel happy if you guys give a suggestion. Here goes the list of the games : Cricket Link : goo.gl/aagVZ Pop Chop Link : goo.gl/MSAu2 Twitty Link : goo.gl/sbxsk Icy Bouncy Link : goo.gl/UPG1L Thanks. ...

Opening a doc on Mac A using an app on Mac B?
Macs A and B are on the same LAN, and both have copies of a certain app. The master file or doc created by that app is stored only on Mac A, and most of the time is opened, modified, and re-saved using the copy of that app on Mac A. Is there any single-click way that one could sometimes open this file that's on Mac A from the Mac B keyboard __using the copy of the app that's on Mac B__; modify it using the Mac B copy; and re-save it on Mac A? Obviously I'm trying to avoid the complexities of having to keep duplicate copies on the doc on Macs A and B and then somehow keep ...

Sort of a Mac app, really, it's for a Mac
I have a copy of Vista to install on my new MacBook Pro Duo, but I hesitate to do it, because my neighbors' wifis are always on (very convenient as a back-up to my DSL) and I fear the Windows partition being invaded by malware. Is there an anti-malware program I can download and install simultaneously with Vista? Exactly how do I do that or do the next best alternative to simultaneous installation? Am I being panicky? I haven't used any kind of a Windows program since SoftWindows 95, which was pure macware. --- ++====+=====+=====+=====+=====+====+====+=====+=====+=====+=====+==...

New Released Games for Mac in Mac App Store
Hi Guys, Dumadu Games had released a series of new games for Mac. Have a try and let us know how do you feel about the game. We would feel happy if you guys give a suggestion. Here goes the list of the games : Cricket Link : goo.gl/aagVZ Pop Chop Link : goo.gl/MSAu2 Twitty Link : goo.gl/sbxsk Icy Bouncy Link : goo.gl/UPG1L Thanks. ...

Hovsepian: Apps! Apps! Apps!
Novell CEO: Apps Are Job No. 1 for Linux http://www.cio-today.com/story.xhtml?story_id=021001VE8HV3 <<< In order for Linux to grow into the computing mainstream, the open- source OS needs more applications and a standardized approach to software certification, Novell CEO Ron Hovsepian said in his keynote Wednesday at the LinuxWorld conference and trade show in San Francisco. "The No. 1 thing that we need on Linux is applications," he said. "Whether we like it or not, the application is what drives the final customer decision," he added. >>> John Bail...

To Mac or not to Mac?

Web resources about - Mac Mail app - comp.sys.mac.apps

Mail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about postal services. For electronic mail, see Email . For other uses, see Mail (disambiguation) and Postal service (disambiguation) ...

Mail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about postal services. For electronic mail, see Email . For other uses, see Mail (disambiguation) and Postal service (disambiguation) ...

- - Charleston Daily Mail - West Virginia News and Sports -
Stout Mac & Cheese. Yes, Yes & Please! Mar 15, 2013 A Green Apple, Cheesy Guinness Melt? Yes Please!

Herald Mail Media: Tri-State breaking news, sports, business, entertainment, weather and traffic
Tri-State breaking news, sports, business, entertainment, weather and traffic

Anderson Independent Mail: Local Anderson, South Carolina News Delivered Throughout the Day.
Current news for Anderson, SC and its surrounding communities brought to you by Anderson Independent Mail. Features local Anderson, South Carolina ...

Home - The Globe and Mail
The Globe and Mail offers the most authoritative news in Canada, featuring national and international news

Birmingham news, features, information and sport from the Birmingham Mail
Updated around the clock with Birmingham news, information, what's on, comment and in-depth coverage of Aston Villa, Birmingham City, West Brom, ...

Home - Daily Mail Online
MailOnline - all the latest news, sport, showbiz, science and health stories from around the world from the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday newspapers ...

Zambia Daily Mail
GOSPEL GROOVES with FELIX NYAMBEACCLAIMED worship and praise gospel minister, Don Moen, is scheduled to be part of the Thanks Giving service ...

Masked men involved in shooting at Murarrie, Brisbane - The Courier-Mail Search Search
DETECTIVES are investigating whether a shooting incident at a Murrarie share home on Sunday morning was a violent and targeted robbery.