Mac OS 9 app for browsing Apple Music Store?

I'd like to browse (not buy, download or listen) the Apple Music Store
to see what labels are present. Is there an Mac OS 9 app that lets you
take a look at what's in the store?

Eric

0
Eric

Eric Walton wrote:

> I'd like to browse (not buy, download or listen) the Apple Music Store
> to see what labels are present. Is there an Mac OS 9 app that lets you
> take a look at what's in the store?
>
> Eric

iTunes.

"Requirements

iTunes works with all Macintosh computers that have built-in USB ports.
Mac OS 9.0.4 is required; Mac OS 9.2.1 or later is recommended."
0
Elizabot
5/12/2004 5:10:07 PM
Elizabot wrote:

> Eric Walton wrote:
>
>> I'd like to browse (not buy, download or listen) the Apple Music Store
>> to see what labels are present. Is there an Mac OS 9 app that lets you
>> take a look at what's in the store?
>> Eric
>

> iTunes.
> "Requirements
> iTunes works with all Macintosh computers that have built-in USB ports.
> Mac OS 9.0.4 is required; Mac OS 9.2.1 or later is recommended."

Pardon me, but last time I used Mac OS 9.2.2 with latest iTunes (2.0.4
or like that), it did NOT access iTunes Music Store (ITMS).  Yes, iTunes
itself works on OS 9, but access to iTMS was not available.  If they've
changed that and improved it, good for them.
-- Josh (who recently moved up to iBook g4 and OS X.3.3)
0
Joshua
5/16/2004 3:14:37 PM
In article <40A18F45.AA3D066A@earthlink.net>,
 Eric Walton <elwalton@earthlink.net> wrote:

> I'd like to browse (not buy, download or listen) the Apple Music Store
> to see what labels are present. Is there an Mac OS 9 app that lets you
> take a look at what's in the store?

There was a web page that did this; you could probably start up a web
browser and visit:

http://www.downhillbattle.org/itmsscript/index.php
http://rain.xidus.net/cgi-bin/itms4all/itms4all.pl

It isn't like the iTunes interface, but it does let you search.

Jerry

--
It Isn't Murder If They're Yankees
http://www.ItIsntMurder.com/

Speed-Up.app from Mac App Store
Has anyone purchased, or know anything about, Speed-Up.app, which is available from the Mac App Store? (This is not an iPhone app.) It looks like it would be useful to me for playing back songs in iTunes at variable speeds, but I can't find any documentation for it to even see how it works. The Mac App Store info says it works with 10.5+, but it hasn't been updated since Jan 2011. The link to "Speed-Up Support" is broken but it does get you to a site that advertises Speed-Up as an iTunes plug-in. However, there's remarkably little there about Speed-Up, such as nothing about how you use it. (At least the site's copyright date has been updated to 2012. :-) Thanks, Martin In article <my4nofjujd.fsf@Sunburn.Stanford.EDU>, Martin Frost me at invalid stanford daht edu <nospam@stanford.edu.invalid> wrote: > Has anyone purchased, or know anything about, Speed-Up.app, which is > available from the Mac App Store? (This is not an iPhone app.) > > It looks like it would be useful to me for playing back songs in > iTunes at variable speeds, but I can't find any documentation for it > to even see how it works. > > The Mac App Store info says it works with 10.5+, but it hasn't been > updated since Jan 2011. The link to "Speed-Up Support" is broken but > it does get you to a site that advertises Speed-Up as an iTunes > plug-in. However, there's remarkabl...

mac app store apps dl limits
Was thinking about picking up an app or two or three (pages, numbers and find any file). Apple person at the store said the Apple apps aren't just one system per buy but thought there was some sort of limit. Is this a app store variable, an app variable or what? And would anyone know what the deal is on the above mentioned apps is? Would re-installing software require a deauth before hand? In article <l5c6qq$tfa$1@dont-email.me>, M. John Matlaw <nouser@invalid.com> wrote: > Was thinking about picking up an app or two or three (pages, numbers and > find any file). Apple person at the store said the Apple apps aren't > just one system per buy but thought there was some sort of limit. Is > this a app store variable, an app variable or what? And would anyone > know what the deal is on the above mentioned apps is? Would > re-installing software require a deauth before hand? apps can be installed on as many devices as you own. there is no limit, other than your wallet in buying the devices. On 11/5/13, 9:05 PM, nospam wrote: > In article <l5c6qq$tfa$1@dont-email.me>, M. John Matlaw > <nouser@invalid.com> wrote: > >> Was thinking about picking up an app or two or three (pages, numbers and >> find any file). Apple person at the store said the Apple apps aren't >> just one system per buy but thought there was some sort of limit. Is >> this a app store...

Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)'s App Store v1.3 (201)'s "Updates installed ..." section.
Hello. I have a couple questions with the new Mavericks OS (clean install): 1. Is there a way to hide this "Updates Installed In The Last 30 Days" section? It keeps confusing me that these are new updates available to download and install until I read the section's title. :P I like how Windows does its update history hidden at first and then I can view them when I want to. 2. Is there a way to show more than 30 days when Mavericks' release is over 30 days old? Thank you in advance. :) -- Quote of the Week: "A centipede is an ant made to Canadian/government specs." --unknown /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | \ _ / Please nuke ANT if replying by e-mail. If crediting, ( ) then please kindly use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link. Ant wrote: > Hello. > > I have a couple questions with the new Mavericks OS (clean install): > > 1. Is there a way to hide this "Updates Installed In The Last 30 Days" > section? It keeps confusing me that these are new updates available to > download and install until I read the section's title. :P I like how > Windows does its update history hidden at first and then I can view them > when I want to. > > 2. Is there a way to show more than 30 days when Mavericks' release is > over 30...

New Released Games for Mac in Mac App Store
Hi Guys, Dumadu Games had released a series of new games for Mac. Have a try and let us know how do you feel about the game. We would feel happy if you guys give a suggestion. Here goes the list of the games : Cricket Link : goo.gl/aagVZ Pop Chop Link : goo.gl/MSAu2 Twitty Link : goo.gl/sbxsk Icy Bouncy Link : goo.gl/UPG1L Thanks. ...

Baton Mail Version 0.9.1b for use with Apple Mac OS 7.1 on an Apple Mac SE/30 or SE
Does anyone have a copy of Baton Mail Version 0.9.1b for use with Apple Mac OS 7.1 on an Apple Mac SE/30 or SE ? I obtained a copy from http://www.mythtech.net, but this version is Baton Mail v0.9.7.8b - which is for Apple Mac OS 7.6.1. I have downloaded the previous version, Same Result - Timebomb !! ...

Is OS 9 required on hard disk to run classic apps in Mac OS X (say, Panther) ?
I have OS 9 and Jaguar on separate partitions. I thought it would be right time to wipe off everything (offcourse, I do have backup of personal data, apps, etc) on my harddisk and make a clean install of Panther. I don't want to have OS 9 anymore on that another partition on my harddisk. My question is, if I need to invoke classic apps in Panther is it required to have OS 9 on harddisk or Panther alone has everything to emulate classic runtime? BTW, only classic application that I still need under Mac OS X is VNC client. thanks In article <qV_lb.5726$vj1.3796@newssvr27.news.pro...

Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac Is Available On Mac App Store
Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for Mac is the all-in-one solution to combine the features of the Mac video and DVD converter tools, and DVD burner. It is available for you to convert audio and video files from a variety of formats to playback on iOS devices, PSP, Blackberry, Android phones, tablets and other mobile devices etc. Moreover, it enables you to easily rip and burn DVDs. Top features of Video Converter Ultimate: 1. Convert video files such as AVI, MP4, MOV, M4V, MKV, FLV and etc. to the proper formats (with pre-sets) for iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, PSP, Blackberry, and...

Wondershare Video Converter for Mac is available on Mac App Store #2

Apple: an 'App Store' Is Not a Store For Apps
<http://apple.slashdot.org/story/11/05/20/1947231/Apple-an-App-Store-Is-Not-a-Store-For-Apps> <quote> "What would be your first guess about what an app store sells? Don't be fooled, Apple warns, the phrase 'app store' is not generic and can only be used to describe Cupertino's... um, app store? 'Apple denies that, based on their common meaning, the words "app store" together denote a store for apps,' Apple said in a Thursday filing with a California district court. All this notwithstanding that Jobs himself used the phrase generically while referring to Android app stores. We've previously discussed this ongoing legal battle." </quote> Reminds me of a wintroll who once stated that the meanng of the word advocacy is not-advocacy. Well he was kind of dumb as he also stated that security is a binary thing! The name just skips me at the moment. :-) On Sat, 21 May 2011 06:53:45 +0000, Hardon wrote: > <http://apple.slashdot.org/story/11/05/20/1947231/Apple-an-App-Store-Is- Not-a-Store-For-Apps> > > <quote> > "What would be your first guess about what an app store sells? Don't be > fooled, Apple warns, the phrase 'app store' is not generic and can only > be used to describe Cupertino's... um, app store? 'Apple denies that, > based on their common meaning, the words "app store" together denote a > store for apps,' Apple said in a Thursday f...

App Store is not a store for apps
"Hi, I've got an iPhone and I would like to buy an app for it." "What's the problem?" "Well, at what store do I buy the app?" "At the App Store." "Huh?" "You buy an app for your iPhone at the App Store." "No, Apple says an app store is not a store for apps, so where do I buy my app?" "At the App Store." Okay... I'm talking, but you're not listening. Apple says that the App Store is *not* a store for apps, so *where* do *I* *buy* an app for my iPhone? "At the App Store." "I'll talk slower. Apple - has - clearly - stated - that - an - app - store - is - not - a - store - for - apps. So - WHERE - DO - I- BUY - AN - APP - FOR - MY - IPHONE?" "Uh... you don't." "Huh?" "Apple iPhones are perfect -- just as they come out of the box -- you don't need any additional apps. And the logo is beautiful... Gaze at the logo." "But I... uh... ooooooh, shiny..." -- RonB Registered Linux User #498581 CentOS 5.6 or VectorLinux Deluxe 6.0 On Sat, 21 May 2011 08:12:58 +0000, RonB wrote: > [snip] In a nutshell. :-) RonB wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties: > "No, Apple says an app store is not a store for apps, so where do I buy my > app?" "Take this bottle, it's formaldehyde." "What do you want me to do with it." "It's for Mel t...

Mac OS 9.x included in Mac OS X?
Hi, I read that Mac OS X has a so-called classic mode which emulates Mac OS 9.x so that older applications can still be run. Provided one is not an upgrader from Mac OS 9.x, does Mac OS X include Mac OS 9.x required for the classic mode or does it have to be bought separately? Peter >Provided one is not an upgrader from Mac OS 9.x, does Mac OS X include >Mac OS 9.x required for the classic mode or does it have to be bought >separately? If you buy the installer for OS X it *does not* include OS 9. You generally use the copy of OS 9 that came with your computer in order to install C...

Does an app run Mac O X 10.4 when it has been built on Mac OS 10. 3+
Hello. I don't have Mac OS X 10.4 yet, my application is built on Mac OS X 10.3.9, does The application can run properly on Mac OS 10.4 ? Thanks ming --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwidgets.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@lists.wxwidgets.org Hi Ming, Yes, almost everything should work without modification. I only found one thing in Tiger that worked differently than Panther, and it was easy to fix once I got a complete report of what was going on. HTH,...

Wondershare Release PDF Editor Pro on Mac App Store
Wondershare Software has launched the latest PDF Editor Pro on Mac App Store. With it people can easily do the following: 1.Convert Scanned PDF with Optical Character Recognition (OCR), 2.view and edit standard PDF files in most languages (actually it supports 17 Optical Character Recognition languages), 3.Add and modify text and images easily within PDF files, or even free to export PDF to Word, Excel, PPT, EPUB, HTML, etc. It is compatible with the requirements on such as edit the mistakes found in your original PDF, precisely insert, adjust and remove images, effortlessly edit sc...

The Mac App Store
to open on January 6... http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/12/16macappstore.html SK. Paw <213sk@accessforall.invalid> wrote: > to open on January 6... > > http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/12/16macappstore.html > > SK. *yawn* Still, I suppose it's helpful for Mac newbies and devs who aren't happy with any kagi and *shudder* paypal, etc. -- If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate. In article <1jtmval.14ld5q1i5h1qyN%jamiekg@wizardling.geek.nz>, jamiekg@wizardling.geek.nz (Jamie Kahn Genet) wrot...

Creating a Bootable Mac OS 9 CD in Mac OS X
I have a bootable Mac OS 9 CD for an old Power Mac. I need to duplicate the System Folder with a few extra extensions and create a bootable CD for emergency reboot on the old computer. My new iMac does not run Classic. I copied the "System Folder" from the Mac OS 9 CD to the new iMac and burned a CD-R. The old Power Mac does not boot from the CD-R when I restart it holding down "C". My investigation revealed that the System Folder in a bootable CD-R must be "blessed" by turning on a boot bit or something. When I copied the System Folder to the iMac, it became unblessed. How can I turn on the boot bit on the iMac running only Mac OS X and no Classic? TIA. In article <ndurant-DD1E1D.23280828022004@news.videotron.net>, Nathalie Durant <ndurant@potentium.ca> wrote: > I have a bootable Mac OS 9 CD for an old Power Mac. I need to duplicate > the System Folder with a few extra extensions and create a bootable CD > for emergency reboot on the old computer. > > My new iMac does not run Classic. I copied the "System Folder" from the > Mac OS 9 CD to the new iMac and burned a CD-R. The old Power Mac does > not boot from the CD-R when I restart it holding down "C". > > My investigation revealed that the System Folder in a bootable CD-R must > be "blessed" by turning on a boot bit or something. When I copied the > System Folder to the iMac, it became unblessed. How...

Mac OS X 10.8.5's App Store keeps offering the free 10.10 Mavericks...
Hello. Mac OS X 10.8.5's App Store keeps offering the free 10.10 Mavericks when I manually check for updates. I right clicked and hid this update to make it go away. After I exit App Store and recheck for updates, it returns. Why is it not hiding? I don't want it! :( Thank you in advance. :) -- "Are you slower than an ant?" --Sai Yuk from The Legend of Fong Sai Yuk movie (English subtitles) /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | ...

Mac OS X 10.8.5's App Store v1.2.2 (129.16) does not see the updated iTunes v11.3?
Hello. I noticed there is a newer iTunes at v11.3, but for some reason my Mac OS X 10.8.5's AppStore v1.2.2 (129.16) does not see it. However, iTunes v11.2.2 (64-bit; 3) detected an update and offered me to get it (went to App Store which doesn't see it)? What's up? My Mac OS X 10.7.5 and 10.9.4 machines did not have this problem. Did anyone else run into this especially in 10.8.5? Thank you in advance. :) -- Quote of the Week: "Stan, are you OK?" --Francine; "Yeah. Hey, you look like ants from down here. Wait, wait, those are just ants on my eyes..." --Stan from American Dad's S3E15 (Stanny Slickers 2: The Legend of Ollie's Gold) deleted scene /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.home.dhs.org (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | \ _ / Please nuke ANT if replying by e-mail. If crediting, ( ) then please kindly use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link. In comp.sys.mac.system Ant <ANTant@zimage.com> wrote: > I noticed there is a newer iTunes at v11.3, but for some reason my Mac > OS X 10.8.5's AppStore v1.2.2 (129.16) does not see it. However, iTunes > v11.2.2 (64-bit; 3) detected an update and offered me to get it (went to > App Store which doesn't see it)? What's up? I don't know, but I'm at iTunes 11.2.1, and the App Store hasn't done anything about that s...

Porting a Mac OS 9 to Carbon Mac OS X shared library + Java Native Interface
I have ported a Mac OS 9 shared library to Mac OS X using Codewarrior 8 and the Carbon methodology. The library uses PowerPlant to display and handle a dialog box that communicates with the caller application. What are the prerequisites and steps for wrapping this library under Java Native Interface since the caller application is written in Java and Java itself cannot call methods directly from a native shared library? Are there any previous attempts, expreiences? Any obstacles? Byron ...

Porting a Mac OS 9 to Carbon Mac OS X shared library + Java Native Interface
I have ported a Mac OS 9 shared library to Mac OS X using Codewarrior 8 and the Carbon methodology. What are the prerequisites and steps for wrapping this library under Java Native Interface since the caller application is written in Java and Java itself cannot call methods directly from a native shared library? Are there any previous attempts, expreiences? Any obstacles? Byron The JNI library must be Mach-O. It must be a dylib named "lib<yourlibname>.jnilib". I'm pretty sure there is sample code for JNI libs on the Apple Developer Site. You say that your nat...

Mac OS apps on Linux
Hello, Can anyone tell me how to run off the shelf Mac OS X apps, eg. Pages, or any of the iLife stuff, on Linux? Since Mac OS is a BSD, it should be easy, methinks, but what's the exact software needed, and the exact procedure? Since besides the kernel, the programs would also need facilites on the part of X and whatever desktop system like Gnome or KDE, it's not just a question of the kernel itself. So - what's needed, is it possible, and how do I do it? Thanks. begin virus.txt.scr binary-nomad@hotmail.com wrote: > Hello, > Can anyone tell me how to run off the shelf M...

Mac App Store Issues
Hi. I own Pages 08 and Rapidweaver 4, both of which are not the latest versions. The latest versions, Pages 09 and Rapidweaver 5 are both in the App Store. However, the App Store says that both programs are installed on my Mac, even though, as I said, I have older versions. Because the App Store thinks I have both programs, it won't let me buy them. I have no need to buy the newest versions from the App Store right now but I might in the future. I'm wondering if I should contact Apple, although I'm not even sure whom I should contact there. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

Access Apple Mac OS X 10.5.8's Time Machine backups from non-Apple Mac machines?
Hello. Is it possible to access an external USB HDD's data, that is used for Apple Mac OS X 10.5.8's Time Machine backups, on non-Apple Mac machines (Windows and Linux)? Or can it be only be accessed with a Mac? I use multiple computers and OSes. Thank you in advance. :) -- "In a battle between elephants, the ants get squashed." --Thailand /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) / /\ /\ \ Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net | |o o| | \ _ / If crediting, then use Ant nickname and AQFL URL/link. ( ) If e-mailing, then axe ANT from its address if needed. Ant is currently not listening to any songs on this computer. Ant <ant@zimage.comANT> wrote: > Hello. > > Is it possible to access an external USB HDD's data, that is used for > Apple Mac OS X 10.5.8's Time Machine backups, on non-Apple Mac machines > (Windows and Linux)? Or can it be only be accessed with a Mac? I use > multiple computers and OSes. > > Thank you in advance. :) Yes, you'll need software that adds HFS+ read (at least) capability to your other OSes, e.g. <http://www.paragon-software.com/home/hfs-windows/> and <http://www.mediafour.com/products/macdrive/> for Windows. Things can get a little more involved in Linux depending on the distro, e.g. <http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Hfsplus>. IIRC Time Capsules backup insid...

Mac OS App Icon Question
How do I get 'White', and not grey, to show on my applications icon in the dock? I know white (RGB 255,255,255) is the background, which is used for transparency, so I set the portion that I want 'white' to an off white (RGB 250,250,250) but it still appears as grey. I see other app icons with white in the dock, how do they do it? I use Iconographer or GraphicConverter to create the icons. TIA Pepe <noone@nowhere.com> wrote: > I know white (RGB 255,255,255) is the background, which is used for > transparency, Please use a mask and not white for ...

Creating Mac OS X app
Hi, This is my first post here, hope this is the right group, and sorry for my broken English. So, let's start. I have created small PyQt application Simple Task Timer (http://code.google.com/p/simpletasktimer/). Also I created windows binary distro with py2exe, and Linux packages (.rpm and .deb). I would like to have Mac OS X .app binary distro but I don't have Mac OS, and I can't install Mac OS as guest on Virtual Box. Now, I'm searching for some volunteers with Mac OS who would like to test application on Mac OS, and (if it's possible) to create .app binary for Simple ...

Web resources about - Mac OS 9 app for browsing Apple Music Store? - comp.sys.mac.apps

Browsing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the type of herbivory, see Browsing (herbivory) . For using a web browser, see web navigation . This article includes a list of references ...

Privacy Groups Take Aim at Facebook’s Tracking of Users’ Outside Browsing
Facebook’s announcement last month that it will include data from non-Facebook websites and applications in its ad preferences tool did not sit ...

Secure browsing by default
We now use https by default for all Facebook users. This feature, which we first introduced as an option two years ago , means that your browser ...

ComScore Report: 27% of Facebook Browsing on News Feed, Just 10% on Apps
... which Facebook features receive the most usage and where users interact with branded content. The report shows that 27% of Facebook browsing ...

Mobile app updates: Enhancements to search, web browsing and more
... to see an example. We’re also introducing a couple features specifically on Twitter for iPhone and Twitter for iPad. Tweets and web browsing: ...

ibVPN - Best VPN for Secure Browsing on the App Store
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about ibVPN - Best VPN for Secure Browsing. Download ibVPN - Best VPN ...

New In iOS 6: Quickly View Your Safari Browsing History On iPhone / iPod Touch - YouTube
Need more iOS Advice? Click here: http://apadv.co/ios-advice Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/macmixing Like my Facebook page: h ...

George Brandis video shows he questioned storage of web browsing data in 2012
A day after the Attorney-General's train wreck interview, in which he attempted to explain details of his government's data retention policy, ...

Facebook starts using your web browsing history to target ads
... this week stepped up efforts to make a buck off its 1.5 billion monthly active users. For years it has been collecting data about users' browsing ...