mail #2 #2

In mail (snowleopard) on one and only one addy that I have used for
years the message bounces. It will be delivered if I reply to it but
change the mailer-daimon addy to the original addy.   Included in the
bounced message header is a reply to
webmail.sysops.aol.com addy.     The original recipient addy is an aol
addy.   What is going on here?
0
gno52 (87)

Frank <gno52@windstream.net> wrote:

> In mail (snowleopard) on one and only one addy that I have used for
> years the message bounces. It will be delivered if I reply to it but
> change the mailer-daimon addy to the original addy.   Included in the
> bounced message header is a reply to
> webmail.sysops.aol.com addy.     The original recipient addy is an aol
> addy.   What is going on here?

I'm not certain I follow you. Perhaps you could give a step by step
example of when it fails and when it works? Appending a copy of one of
the bounces with full headers might also be helpful.
jamiekg505 (3043)
4/27/2012 10:34:06 AM
On Apr 27, 6:34=A0am, jami...
> I'm not certain I follow you. Perhaps you could give a step by step
> example of when it fails and when it works?

It fails when I send the message by clicking on <send>
It works when I reply by clicking on <replying> and appropriately
changing the addresses

Appending a copy of one of
> the bounces with full headers might also be helpful.
I have changed my name to johndoe on this copy and the recipient's
name to janedoe
_____________________

This message was created automatically by the Windstream mail system.

recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es)
failed:
janedoe@aol.com
Reporting-MTA: dns; pacmmta53
Arrival-Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 07:10:39 -0400

Final-Recipient: rfc822; janedoe@aol.com
Action: failed
Last-Attempt-Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 10:32:14 -0400
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554 5.4.7 [internal] exceeded max retries
without delivery
------ This is a copy of the headers of the original message. ------

From: John Doe <johnddoe@windstream.net>
Subject: Re: COLD and WINDY in VIrginia
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 07:10:38 -0400
To: janedoe@aol.com
0
gno52 (87)
4/27/2012 1:07:06 PM
In article
<c96f4152-9326-48af-b5de-9764cf9074e7@c4g2000yqj.googlegroups.com>,
 Frank <gno52@windstream.net> wrote:

> On Apr 27, 6:34�am, jami...
> > I'm not certain I follow you. Perhaps you could give a step by step
> > example of when it fails and when it works?
>
> It fails when I send the message by clicking on <send>
> It works when I reply by clicking on <replying> and appropriately
> changing the addresses

So you originally received an email from janedoe, clicked on Reply, sent
your message, and got this bounce.  What happens if you compose a brand
new message to janedoe, rather than replying to one of her messages?

The bounce message suggests that there's a communication problem between
the windstream.net server and AOL's mailer. Or maybe it's due to some
anti-spam technology.

> Appending a copy of one of
> > the bounces with full headers might also be helpful.
> I have changed my name to johndoe on this copy and the recipient's
> name to janedoe

Is the extra "t" in "Return-Path: <johndoe@windstream.nett>" due to your
editing, or was it in the original?

--
Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA
On 04-27-2012 09:07, Frank wrote:
> It fails when I send the message by clicking on<send>
> It works when I reply by clicking on<replying>  and appropriately
> changing the addresses

If there is a Reply-To header, does that override editing the To
address?  Or is the Reply-To have a wrong address and it automatically
inserts that in the To field, and then it works when you send?

I don't know, the whole thing is a little confusing.

news31 (6772)
4/28/2012 1:41:24 AM
> So you originally received an email from janedoe, clicked on Reply, sent
> your message, and got this bounce. =A0What happens if you compose a brand
> new message to janedoe, rather than replying to one of her messages?

it bounces

> Is the extra "t" in "Return-Path: <john...@windstream.nett>" due to your
> editing, or was it in the original?

my error in editing
0
gno52 (87)
4/28/2012 9:38:33 AM
On Apr 27, 9:41=A0pm, Wes Groleau <Groleau+n...@FreeShell.org> wrote:
> On 04-27-2012 09:07, Frank wrote:
>
> > It fails when I send the message by clicking on<send>
> > It works when I reply by clicking on<replying> =A0and appropriately
> > changing the addresses
>
> If there is a Reply-To header, does that override editing the To
> address? =A0Or is the Reply-To have a wrong address and it automatically
> inserts that in the To field, and then it works when you send?

I go to the sent mailbox and click on <reply to> and then edit the To
field. The editing is changing the To from my address to janedoe...
0
gno52 (87)
4/28/2012 9:44:58 AM
Frank <gno52@windstream.net> wrote:

> > So you originally received an email from janedoe, clicked on Reply, sent
> > your message, and got this bounce.  What happens if you compose a brand
> > new message to janedoe, rather than replying to one of her messages?
>
> it bounces

You're certain you're not entering an incorrect address? Maybe just one
character off?
jamiekg505 (3043)
4/28/2012 12:22:05 PM
In article <jnfhs5$dnv$1@dont-email.me>,
 Wes Groleau <Groleau+news@FreeShell.org> wrote:

> On 04-27-2012 09:07, Frank wrote:
> > It fails when I send the message by clicking on<send>
> > It works when I reply by clicking on<replying>  and appropriately
> > changing the addresses
>
> If there is a Reply-To header, does that override editing the To
> address?  Or is the Reply-To have a wrong address and it automatically
> inserts that in the To field, and then it works when you send?
>
> I don't know, the whole thing is a little confusing.

No, Reply-to is just used when initially filling in the destination in
the reply, in place of the From header.  Either way, you can then edit
the address and that will be used.

--
Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA
barmar (6125)
4/28/2012 4:51:37 PM
In article
<c38eb1a6-1eec-4f75-9013-1f1ec66c2d46@f27g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>,
 Frank <gno52@windstream.net> wrote:

> > So you originally received an email from janedoe, clicked on Reply, sent
> > your message, and got this bounce. �What happens if you compose a brand
> > new message to janedoe, rather than replying to one of her messages?
>
> it bounces
>
> > Is the extra "t" in "Return-Path: <john...@windstream.nett>" due to your
> > editing, or was it in the original?
>
> my error in editing

So the only way you can successfully send her a message is to send a
message, wait for the bounce, reply to the bounce, and then edit the
address in this reply?

I'm stumped.

--
Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA
barmar (6125)
4/28/2012 4:52:57 PM
On Apr 28, 12:52=A0pm, Barry Margolin <bar...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> So the only way you can successfully send her a message is to send a
> message, wait for the bounce, reply to the bounce, and then edit the
> address in this reply?

That is correct.
0
gno52 (87)
4/29/2012 11:45:08 AM
In article
<7b63de25-01a1-479a-b50f-a69de05c75da@e42g2000yqa.googlegroups.com>,
 Frank <gno52@windstream.net> wrote:

> On Apr 28, 12:52�pm, Barry Margolin <bar...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
>
> > So the only way you can successfully send her a message is to send a
> > message, wait for the bounce, reply to the bounce, and then edit the
> > address in this reply?
>
> That is correct.

When you send this reply, do you leave all the "your message could not
be delivered" stuff from the bounce, or do you edit it down to just the
message you were trying to send?

I'm thinking that maybe there's some anti-spam going on, and when it
sees its own bounce message it lets that through.

--
Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA
barmar (6125)

linspace(2,2,2) returns [2 2] ??
May be the help for linspace should change? It says: "LINSPACE(X1, X2, N) generates N points between X1 and X2." Notice, it says BETWEEN. But when I ask for 2 points, between 2 and 2: ---------------- EDU>> linspace(2,2,2) ans = 2 2 --------------- May be mathematically this is ok? i.e. there are infinite points between the point and itself? (on the real line), but from programming point of view, it is confusing. no? --Nasser Maybe it should say "generates N points between X1 and X2, inclusive." What did you expect to get back as an answer from issuing linspace(2,2,2)? I didn't understand your statement "there are infinite points between the point and itself?" How do you have an infinite number of points between 2 and 2? I can see an infinite number of points between 2 and something that's not itself, like 2.00000000000000001, but if they are absolutely perfectly identical how are you getting an infinite number of points? On 10/10/2010 11:16 AM, Image Analyst wrote: > Maybe it should say "generates N points between X1 and X2, inclusive." > > What did you expect to get back as an answer from issuing linspace(2,2,2)? > I was just not expecting it to "work". may be an error message. That is not the point. The point is that it did work. > I didn't understand your statement "there are infinite points between the point and it...

2 * 2 * 2 * 2 or pow(2, 4)?
Hi , I hope this isn't too trivial to ask, but I'm evaluating a polynomial that involve lots of terms like x^2y^2z^3, and although I can use the power function pow(a, b), I wonder if just writing x*x*y*y*z*z*z for example wouldn't be more efficient than pow(x, 2)*pow(y, 2)*pow(z,3). Or is it all the same? Thanks, - Olumide Olumide wrote: > I hope this isn't too trivial to ask, but I'm evaluating a polynomial > that involve lots of terms like x^2y^2z^3, and although I can use the > power function pow(a, b), I wonder if just writing x*x*y*y*z*z*z for > exam...

OTM 2.2 #2
Hi all Just installed OTM on a cust pc (Win XP) Got a problem that when using the system terminal to access Meridian Mail, I am unable to exit from mail as the Cntrl ] function is not recognised. Now is this a problem with OTM or with the customers PC? Thanks Solved it. The term type was set to VT100 and not VT220 ...

VIBE 2.2 #2
About: Visual Information Broker Enterprise (VIBE) is an IDE that enables application developers to automate the design and development of infrastructure components for complex distributed cross-platform, cross-language systems applications. You can define messages and generate infrastructure support code for the IBM MQ information bus, Sybase, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, and other JDBC compliant databases, XML with transformations that use tools like XSL, and J2EE. It also includes a fully functional Business Rules engine, along with a graphical programming environment. Changes: This relea...

Printing 2^1, 2^2, 2^3, 2^4 and 2^5
Hi, When I use a while loop, the output is: 2 4 8 16 32, as desired: <?php $c=1; while($c<=5) { $d = newpow(2, $c); print "$d "; $c++; } function newpow($base, $power) { // statements... } ?> The But when I use a for loop, the output is: 64: <?php for($c=1; $c<=5; $c++); { $d = newpow(2, $c); print "$d "; } function newpow($base, $power) { // statements... } ?> Why is this?? Many thanks, Michael mejpark wrote: > When I use a while loop, the output is: 2 4 8 16 32, as desired: [...] > The But when I use a for loop, the output is: 64: > > <?php > > for($c=1; $c<=5; $c++); Here your loop ended right at the ; After the loop comes this: > { > $d = newpow(2, $c); > print "$d "; > } Heiko -- http://portal.richler.de/ Namensportal zu Richler http://www.richler.de/ Heiko Richler: Computer - Know How! http://www.richler.info/ private Homepage On 18 Mar, 11:02, Heiko Richler <heiko-rich...@nefkom.net> wrote: > mejpark wrote: > > When I use a while loop, the output is: 2 4 8 16 32, as desired: > [...] > > The But when I use a for loop, the output is: 64: > > > <?php > > > for($c=1; $c<=5; $c++); > > Here your loop ended right at the ; > > After the loop comes this: > > > { > > $d = newpow(2, $c); > > print "$d "; > > } > > Heiko > > --http://portal.richler.d...

Does 4/2/2= (4/2)/2 =1 OR = 4/(2/2)=4
I don't have matlab and I am trying to translate some simple matlab code. Does 4/2/2 = (4/2)/2 = 1 or 4/2/2 = 4/(2/2) = 4 On 9/11/2012 9:43 AM, sarah.englander@gmail.com wrote: > I don't have matlab and I am trying to translate some simple matlab code. > > Does 4/2/2 = (4/2)/2 = 1 yes. At a given precedence level (and obviously two of the same operators are the same level) evaluation proceeds from LtoR. ....snip... <http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/matlab_prog/f0-40063.html#f0-38155> -- dpb <none@non.net> wrote in message <k2njh1$jes$1@speranza.aioe.org>... > On 9/11/2012 9:43 AM, sarah.englander@gmail.com wrote: > > I don't have matlab and I am trying to translate some simple matlab code. > > > > Does 4/2/2 = (4/2)/2 = 1 > > yes. At a given precedence level (and obviously two of the same > operators are the same level) evaluation proceeds from LtoR. > > ...snip... > > <http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/matlab_prog/f0-40063.html#f0-38155> > > -- There are a few thing you need to understand: 1. You need to get matlab in order to translate the simple code 2. You should define your parameters as in what is the expected output of your search based on the equations used: Is it : a) 4/2/2 b) (4/2/2) On 9/11/2012 11:13 PM, Salvinder wrote: .. > There are a few thing you need to understand: > 1. ...

wxMac 2.6.2
Hi all, I have this odd situation where I'm porting an app from CW8 wx2.6 to Xcode 2.2 wx2.6. With CW8, the root folder for the app was where the actual executable was (Contents/MacOSClassic). For the Xcode 2.2 port, the root folder is the location of the top-level .app folder. I haven't changed any code at all in doing the port. I was wondering if there was something that would cause this to happen since no code has changed. This is important because I would expect the location of the executable to be the root directory and point to the Resources folder as .../Resources. No...

2 or not 2
is this a question! http://members.iinet.net.au/~moussa/Image029.jpg Should I? the in house auction is tomorrow :-/ Moussa -- The information contained in this post is copyright of the poster, and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com Il Wed, 09 Sep 2009 16:13:08 +0800, Cheers ha scritto: > is this a question! > > http://members.iinet.net.au/~moussa/Image029.jpg > > Should I? the in house auction is tomorrow :-/ > > Moussa I don't know it but it's BIG ! Do you have free space ? How much, do you think, it will cost ? Could be a nice addiction, but let's listen to someone else... On Sep 9, 4:13 am, Cheers <moussa...@hotmail.com> wrote: > http://members.iinet.net.au/~moussa/Image029.jpg Personally, I'm not that fond of Sun equipment, so I haven't paid that much attention to their offerings. My guess is that the rack is a storage array, and it appears to be on the old side, so it's likely that the total storage capacity in the array could be met or exceeded by one large SATA drive (both 1.5TB and 2.0TB 3.5-inch drives are currently available) -- at much lower noise and power levels. Of course, if you already had one of these bad boys and were just looking for an inexpensive source of spare parts, I'd say go for it. Rick Ekblaw Hi Moussa ! > is this a question! > > http://members.iinet.net.au/~moussa/Image029.jp...

2 + 2 =
2 + 2 = 4. Period. The above was posted as a test. I am seeing if people in csma will start to debate the accuracy of my claims. After all, in base 3, there is no symbol "4". I am sure others can come up with ways to show I am wrong. Then, when I explain how 2 + 2 really is equal to 4, even in other bases or whatever other silliness is presented, I will be told that I am changing my claim. Someone will even go so far as to say that since I admit there is no "4" in base 3, that my argument has been refuted, and I should no longer state that 2 + 2 = 4. This has only been a test. Snit wrote: > 2 + 2 ...

Building for Mac with 2.5.2 or 2.5.3
What's the educated opinion on porting an application to Mac? We've used 2.4 from CVS for both Windows and Linux but found that there were too many problems with 2.4 when trying to compile on Mac ... now we're not sure if 2.5.3 is a moving target on Mac or should we try staying with 2.5.2? Any expert opinions out in the wild? ....Landon --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwidgets.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@lists.wxwidgets.org Hi Please use CVS HEAD...

OSK 2.0, 2.2 and 2.3
Does anyone here have any of the versions named in the subject? I am unravelling 68K Basic I-Code, and I need to compare 2.0, 2.2 and 2.3 modules with 2.1 and 2.4 modules. There are differences between 2.1 and 2.4, and I want to know how many other differences there are between versions. Thanks in advance. Wayne Campbell ...

[ANN] gettext-2.0.2, gettext_activerecord-2.0.2, gettext_rails-2.0.2
Hi, Ruby-GetText-Package-2.0.2 and the families (gettext-2.0.2, gettext_activerecord-2.0.2 and gettext_rails-2.0.2) are now available. Ruby-GetText-Package is the library/tools for message localization. * gettext - Message localization libraries and tools for all kind of apps/libs. * gettext_activerecord - ActiveRecord Localization * gettext_rails - Rails support with gettext. Changes ------- == gettext-2.0.2 * Support ruby-1.9.1 style format string such as %<foo>d. * Apply new Locale.set_app_language_tags and Locale.candidates. [Suggested by Vladimir Dobriakov] * Enhance...

Sending Mail #2 #2

mail problem #2 #2
I apologise in advance for my little knowledges in php. I use PHP 5.2.1 Here is an extract of the script which causes me problems. //email of recipient $ea='mister@somesite.com'; //tracking email to the webmaster of the site $dd='webmaster@testsite.com'; mail($dd, 'Activation',$details, 'From: administration@testsite.com'); //prepar the body of the mail $body = $name . ','; $body .= "\n\nThank you for activating your account:\n\n\n"; $body .="http://www.testsite.com/fr/activation.php?x=$ts"; $body .= "\n\nSee you soon on www.testsite.com."; //send the mail mail($ea, 'Mail activation',$body, 'From: administration@testsite.com'); //second tracking email to webmaster of the site $details="Mail sent to $ea"; mail('webmaster@testsite.com', 'Activation',$details, 'From: administration@testsite.com'); Okay. The problem : I create a test user, fill out all the details giving one of my email adress, on my own PC (but doing it on the live web site NOT IN LOCAL), and click the activate button on the form. The script runs perfectly, and after a few second I get the email in my mail box with the activation link. In the webmaster mailbox, I get the two tracking email. So far, so good. Now, the webmaster create a user. This user on a different machine (two users in differents places tried and had the problem), goes through the same activation process, fills i...

[9fans] Mail System Error
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_FBA1A609.C887826C Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit ��]���> �I����~�^B�鶉��B)��n�Y�Z�6,xM׌-��'ts,��zғԩ� x���B��L8��8C��W���5P�cY�L��� �)W� p�B��罋�(?bxjً|�~� �����g����6��$;v�t�n/�ݚ�t�XJ�蝼&H���KIō�P#Ў���-��*i��OZ��1THϊtX��kWJ�R]���{&����c�c,��uI�K��G�T�qU�UR���'���/���GcH����5ݎ�`�H������ӆ`ȁG&��OUH�}\�8�Egs�-���{�0f[ ���-T*n������W^rd������~k\��f��ڪ�Dr��59��{�O��S[�{A�y��Arrc�8&U�̓&؊�����Ÿ�����n�N�m ���P�8�边UZ���U�w�' Z&�Ugi��Vѩ`C�!%]v���~�y�YV-��_h��s�SI��z2섥�s�s�{3c7my�I���S���<�vzǦ9u�ͬ0��B��d�Z�d���I8��c&�n�n�����<��琢��`3qqH��n\>r4���e�lM�5�֒��4��8H�c*|�4^�;~xx��W�A��mY�M,/K��1x ;n�����*SQb�؃�iQk��m�pq*8T2�]ٱPP��v���[��!�K�J;5�U�8C$� �dC)O���*��q���~x{�?"�r٦�ł]���������}1��b��S��״$n�������>JJ8�e��}����:�S��"ωj��P[ӊɬw \.KO��N��D1���Z�~�g�� 7� W�{�)���v��ϗd��ld��o������p���L��`�]��ެ��zby���� ���p�L�霎{C;:�P�-,�P�oAѬ97�Z�6���k��u ,���U�ED���D[},��1�~g�n�6c_#Ѓ�?�_tLJj�O �K��� ^�6��)$��pc�[�\����*��7�K&�M�6�!���)NEr�Y|�^*!Aƒ��~N�.��ւ�� E�z���%nJE�.kx��y��<�߯:��Ʈ� GѺɍP�kʹ�U��f{�p[�I� �*n^84�_�XW�8��1� {�G"��U��} &�Вo*��:h��dAw�s,�}J�h�˼³�rUB��v� �.�Xo�N7��<�h�s',����8! Q� ����T1>�2��r��~ː����ʨ�׍��'�s�Ȕ��cVMmӡw�������J�v6��ڢ�TUE]��0��F�G"1:�zO}�[�rz*fi�}Y�G�ݧ��&��xCཋ��Ji�X�2�sex㺇�ib6�B� vb�[�`��H��U�"��Z�>�v�����XInIk�}!b�]J��;'����F��Õ� �'��...

wxPython 2.4.2.4 segmentation fault on (Python 2.2.2 SuSE 8.2)
Hi everything runs normally but exiting demo.py or any app we get Segmentation Fault wxPython was built from sources (as per readme.1st.txt) as latest downloaded from wxPython site while building wxGTK several errors reported as could not read from makefile.in files please assist Sanjay Minni Note that we used GTK1 i.e. compiled without the GTK2 option on SuSE 8.2 Thanks Sanjay Minni ...

Tornado 2.2.1/GCC 2.96 #2
vxWorks 5.5.1/Tornado 2.2.1 is shipped with GCC 2.96. GCC 2.96 is _very_ old. The question. Short of purchasing/ugrading to the latest version of Tornado ( which I believe is shipped with GCC 3.3.4 ), has anyone tried upgrading the GCC binarys. If so what was the prognosis? forums_mp@hotmail.com wrote: > vxWorks 5.5.1/Tornado 2.2.1 is shipped with GCC 2.96. GCC 2.96 is > _very_ old. The question. Short of purchasing/ugrading to the latest > version of Tornado ( which I believe is shipped with GCC 3.3.4 ), has > anyone tried upgrading the GCC binarys. If so what was the prognosis? > Not to mention that according to the GNU project, gcc 2.96 doesn't exist. The last "official" 2.9x compiler was 2.95. > Not to mention that according to the GNU project, gcc 2.96 doesn't > exist. The last "official" 2.9x compiler was 2.95. red floyd, I suspect you've perhaps felt my pain? numeric_limits is non-existent, template support is _VERY_ poor .. I could go on but in the interest of time, I'm tempted to abandon ship. Swith to a new RTOS. Trouble is, we've already shelled out lots of dough on this. I'm tempted to upgrade the gcc binarys but I'm afraid of the consequences. forums_mp@hotmail.com wrote: >> Not to mention that according to the GNU project, gcc 2.96 doesn't >> exist. The last "official" 2.9x compiler was 2.95. > > red floyd, I suspect you've perhaps...

Freewrap6.2 and Snack 2.2
I'm done for now with that script I was working. Decided to wrap it and found that Snack is not included in Freewrap. So I thought, well, I just source the snack.tcl file. Nope, don't work either. How do I wrap my script and include snack with it? Will startkit be a better option? I am so used to Freewrap... Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Fernando Fernando Quinones wrote: > I'm done for now with that script I was working. Decided to wrap it and > found that Snack is not included in Freewrap. So I thought, well, I just > source the snack.tcl file. Nope, don't work either. How do I wrap my > script and include snack with it? Will startkit be a better option? I am > so used to Freewrap... Any help will be appreciated. > Snack is not a "pure" tcl extension, See the freewrap documentation on how to include binary extensions. I have done this a long time in the past with some success - but it was a bit tricky, but worked well. I had to provide the dll's for the binary extensions to get the executable to work on a machine without tcl installed (windows). I have since used starkit/starpack for similar things and it works OK too. Regards Paul Paul Whitfield wrote: > Fernando Quinones wrote: >> I'm done for now with that script I was working. Decided to wrap it >> and found that Snack is not included in Freewrap. So I thought, well, >> I just source the snack.tcl file. Nope, don't wor...

ANNOUNCE TkTreeCtrl 2.2.2
TkTreeCtrl is a flexible listbox widget for Tk written in C. This release fixes a few bugs and adds a few minor features. Project homepage: http://tktreectrl.sourceforge.net/ ChangeLog: http://tktreectrl.sourceforge.net/What%27s%20New%20in%20TkTreeCtrl.html Source and Win32 binary downloads: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=69413 -- Tim Baker ...

PS/2 and OS/2 #2
Hi ! This is, finally, *in topic* ;-) I've got too many "off topic" warnings ;-) I've got a working copy of OS/2 warp 4 (thank you, guys !). In the doc is said that minimum requirement is Pentium 100. I can put it in my 8595-ONG with TurboChip only :-( Do you have a table that summarizes PS/2 models, the OS/2 version that can be installed and sys requirements ? In other word, for example, which version can be installed on a Model 80-386 ? What is the minimum ram ? Do you ever tried OS/2 2.1 for windows ? I found a copy that was distributed with a PC magazine (CD + 2 boot floppies) On Aug 25, 7:00 am, supervinx <superv...@libero.it> wrote: > I've got a working copy of OS/2 warp 4 (thank you, guys !). > In the doc is said that minimum requirement is Pentium 100. > I can put it in my 8595-ONG with TurboChip only :-( You can run Warp 4 in "lesser" machines, I ran the original release of Warp 4 on a 9590-DLG (50MHz 80486 with 16MB of RAM) quite successfully for a long time. The Convenience Packs (re-releases with FixPaks integrated) may have increased the minimum system requirements. > Do you have a table that summarizes PS/2 models, the OS/2 version that > can be installed and sys requirements ? > In other word, for example, which version can be installed on a Model > 80-386 ? What is the minimum ram ? I wouldn't bother with anything less than OS/2 Warp Connect (which is Warp 3 plu...

PyDev 2.2.2 Released
Hi All, PyDev 2.2.2 has been released Details on PyDev: http://pydev.org Details on its development: http://pydev.blogspot.com Release Highlights: ------------------------------- **IPython / Interactive console** * IPython (0.10 or 0.11) is now used as the interactive console backend if PyDev can detect it in the PYTHONPATH. * While waiting for the output of a command, intermediary results are printed in the console. * ANSI color codes are supported in the interactive console. **Code Analysis** * Reporting variables that shadow builtins as warnings. * Fixed issue where __dict__ was not found. **Code completion** * Aliases have a better treatment (i.e.: unittest.assertEqual will show the proper type/parameters). * Improved support for analyzing function builtins where the return type is known (i.e.: open, str.split, etc). **Debugger** * When doing a remote debug session, if the files cannot be found in the local filesystem, PyDev will ask for files in the remote debugger. **Editor** * Files without extension that have a python shebang (e.g.: #!/usr/bin/python in the first line) are automatically opened with the PyDev editor (in the PyDev Package Explorer). **Django** * When the shell command is used in the django custom commands, PyDev no longer uses 100% cpu while it doesn't complete. **Others** * Fixed issue where the * operator was not properly formatted. *...

Apache 2.2.2 and mod_perl
It has been a wee bit since I upgraded and I see a new 2.2 branch of Apache server. Does the current mod_perl work with that series or should I go with the 2.0 series? Robert Hi, Robert > It has been a wee bit since I upgraded and I see a new 2.2 branch of > Apache server. Does the current mod_perl work with that series or > should I go with the 2.0 series? It works at least for me. Last week I brought up a new apache 2.2.0-server w/mod_perl2 and Mason on top of it. It (and I) didn't make the slightest complaints. According to: http://perl.apache.org/start/index.html, mod_perl2 supports not all new features of a-2.2.0, but at least the important 2.0.0 ones in 2.2.0. I didn't need to awake the 2.0.x-'fallback system'. Regards M. Cool. Thanks for the reply. Robert ...

using an iPod with Mac os 9.2.2 and iTunes 2.0.4
Help! I have just purchased a (3rd gen) iPod as a gift for use with a G4. Unfortunately it turns out that the 'lucky' recipient is using OS 9.2.2 rather than OS X as I had assumed. I have read unsubstantiated reports that it is possible to get this working (despite Apple's recommendations that at least OS 10.1.5 is required) but I am unable to fathom it out (not a regular Mac user). Has anyone managed to get this combo working and if so can they give me any pointers? The iPod is recognised as a firewire HD device on the desktop but does not appear in or sync with iTunes. Please help! ...

Exporting Mail from Mail.app to Thunderbird #2
What's the easiest way of transferring my mail from Mail app to Thunderbird. The import faciliity on T'bird doesn't work, and I wondered if I could do it by copying the folders in Library>Mail>Mailboxes? Would this work do you think? Peter -- It is necessary for the good man to do nothing for evil to triumph. Attributed to Edmund Burke 1729 - 1797 On 4/9/12 PDT 2:20 AM, Peter James wrote: > What's the easiest way of transferring my mail from Mail app to > Thunderbird. > The import faciliity on T'bird doesn't work, and I wondered if I could > do it by copying the folders in Library>Mail>Mailboxes? Would this work > do you think? No, I don't think that will work. I just tried it, and while there's dialogue, it finds "nothing" to import. There is a NG on .mozilla for T-bird stuff: mozilla.support.thunderbird (on its own server) Peter James <peter@pfjames.co.uk> wrote: > What's the easiest way of transferring my mail from Mail app to > Thunderbird. > The import faciliity on T'bird doesn't work, and I wondered if I could > do it by copying the folders in Library>Mail>Mailboxes? Would this work > do you think? Only two ways I can think of. Switch to IMAP. or, Download Andreas Amann's Mail Scripts, and export to Eudora mailboxes, then import into Thunderbird. http://andreasamann.com/MacOSX/Mail_Scripts ...

Web resources about - mail #2 #2 - comp.sys.mac.apps

Mail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about postal services. For electronic mail, see Email . For other uses, see Mail (disambiguation) and Postal service (disambiguation) ...

Mail - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about postal services. For electronic mail, see Email . For other uses, see Mail (disambiguation) and Postal service (disambiguation) ...

- - Charleston Daily Mail - West Virginia News and Sports -
Stout Mac & Cheese. Yes, Yes & Please! Mar 15, 2013 A Green Apple, Cheesy Guinness Melt? Yes Please!

Herald Mail Media: Tri-State breaking news, sports, business, entertainment, weather and traffic
Tri-State breaking news, sports, business, entertainment, weather and traffic

Anderson Independent Mail: Local Anderson, South Carolina News Delivered Throughout the Day.
Current news for Anderson, SC and its surrounding communities brought to you by Anderson Independent Mail. Features local Anderson, South Carolina ...

Home - The Globe and Mail
The Globe and Mail offers the most authoritative news in Canada, featuring national and international news

Birmingham news, features, information and sport from the Birmingham Mail
Updated around the clock with Birmingham news, information, what's on, comment and in-depth coverage of Aston Villa, Birmingham City, West Brom, ...

Home - Mail Online
MailOnline - all the latest news, sport, showbiz, science and health stories from around the world from the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday newspapers ...

Zambia Daily Mail
GOSPEL GROOVES with FELIX NYAMBEACCLAIMED worship and praise gospel minister, Don Moen, is scheduled to be part of the Thanks Giving service ...

Snail mail gets even slower
Australia Post has found ways to slow down snail mail.