Mail and imported mail in mail app

I imported my email from an iMac g5 to a MacBook Pro running Leopard. I now
have an inbox, sent box, Trash, and underneath that a set of folders I'd
created in Mail on the iMac for various mail stuff.

Under that is a gmail heading (all my mail comes to Mail app from Gmail),
and under that another inbox, sent box.

Is there a way to meld these two inboxes? Last time I looked, a new mail
coming in showed up in both places, requiring me to select each in turn.

Ed

0
Ed

In article <C73B46C2.2656D%kearnser@gmail.com>,
 Ed Kearns <kearnser@gmail.com> wrote:

> I imported my email from an iMac g5 to a MacBook Pro running Leopard. I now
> have an inbox, sent box, Trash, and underneath that a set of folders I'd
> created in Mail on the iMac for various mail stuff.
>
> Under that is a gmail heading (all my mail comes to Mail app from Gmail),
> and under that another inbox, sent box.
>

> Is there a way to meld these two inboxes? Last time I looked, a new mail
> coming in showed up in both places, requiring me to select each in turn.
>
> Ed

If you get your email via IMAP, then I think you can add INBOX to the
address path in Mail prefs (under Advanced in Account settings) but then
you end up with subfolders in your Inbox for Sent, Drafts, Trash etc.

--
Sara

Cuddler of rats, cats and husband
0
Sara
12/2/2009 5:13:27 PM
in article saramerriman-9F5436.17132702122009@news.individual.net, Sara at
saramerriman@blueyonder.co.uk wrote on 12/2/09 10:13 AM:

> In article <C73B46C2.2656D%kearnser@gmail.com>,
>  Ed Kearns <kearnser@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I imported my email from an iMac g5 to a MacBook Pro running Leopard. I now
>> have an inbox, sent box, Trash, and underneath that a set of folders I'd
>> created in Mail on the iMac for various mail stuff.
>>
>> Under that is a gmail heading (all my mail comes to Mail app from Gmail),
>> and under that another inbox, sent box.
>>

>> Is there a way to meld these two inboxes? Last time I looked, a new mail
>> coming in showed up in both places, requiring me to select each in turn.
>>
>> Ed
>
> If you get your email via IMAP, then I think you can add INBOX to the
> address path in Mail prefs (under Advanced in Account settings) but then
> you end up with subfolders in your Inbox for Sent, Drafts, Trash etc.
While waiting to decide if I want to do that, I've discovered that SOME sent
mail disappears! An email I sent last night and another today, didn't show
up in either the regular Sent Mail box nor the Gmail>sent mail box. They do
show up on webmail I get by going to Google mail online!

Ed

0
Ed