f



Mail client app for Google mail?

My workplace uses Google Mail and everyone I know of uses the online
Google Mail client, which lots of folks don't particularly like. I tried
Thunderbird on my MacBook Pro; it doesn't work with Google mail. Our IT
folks discourage the use of the Apple Mail app. What alternative app
would work? 

-- 
_____________________________
Ron, the humblest guy in town
0
9/13/2013 11:33:31 PM
comp.sys.mac.apps 21416 articles. 3 followers. xxx613 (1334) is leader. Post Follow

14 Replies
710 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 26

On 2013-09-13 23:33:31 +0000, Ron said:

> My workplace uses Google Mail and everyone I know of uses the online
> Google Mail client, which lots of folks don't particularly like. I tried
> Thunderbird on my MacBook Pro; it doesn't work with Google mail. Our IT
> folks discourage the use of the Apple Mail app. What alternative app
> would work?

Thunderbird works great on the MacBook Pro with gmail. I have not idea 
what you mean about it not working. It by default does just what is 
intended with imap mail. Apple Mail is a bit hokey however and deleted 
files go to all mail in the iMap folders. I use Thunderbird fairly 
exclusivly for gmail on my Mac. 

0
9/14/2013 2:10:56 AM
In message <1l959v1.r5pb2fq8kaq6N%RonTheGuy@null.invalid> 
  Ron <RonTheGuy@null.invalid> wrote:
> Our IT
> folks discourage the use of the Apple Mail app.

Do they have a reason, or are they just gibbering morons?

> What alternative app would work? 

Any mail app that supports IMAP should *work* with gmail. Mail.app is
the best one though.

-- 
Humans are always slightly lost. It's a basic characteristic. It
explains a lot about them.
0
g.kreme (3671)
9/14/2013 3:51:00 AM
saneearth <saneearth@theearth.com> wrote:

> On 2013-09-13 23:33:31 +0000, Ron said:
> 
> > My workplace uses Google Mail and everyone I know of uses the online
> > Google Mail client, which lots of folks don't particularly like. I tried
> > Thunderbird on my MacBook Pro; it doesn't work with Google mail. Our IT
> > folks discourage the use of the Apple Mail app. What alternative app
> > would work?
> 
> Thunderbird works great on the MacBook Pro with gmail. I have not idea
> what you mean about it not working. It by default does just what is 
> intended with imap mail. Apple Mail is a bit hokey however and deleted
> files go to all mail in the iMap folders. I use Thunderbird fairly 
> exclusivly for gmail on my Mac. 

That's nothing to blame Apple Mail for - it is Gmail that archives
instead of deletes. To actually delete you move to the 'Bin' folder.
Google's IMAP implementation perhaps isn't the most intuitive the first
time you use it, but it makes sense and works well.
-- 
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.
0
jamiekg505 (3043)
9/14/2013 7:04:28 AM
Lewis <g.kreme@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:

> In message <1l959v1.r5pb2fq8kaq6N%RonTheGuy@null.invalid> 
>   Ron <RonTheGuy@null.invalid> wrote:
> > Our IT
> > folks discourage the use of the Apple Mail app.
> 
> Do they have a reason, or are they just gibbering morons?
> 
> > What alternative app would work? 
> 
> Any mail app that supports IMAP should *work* with gmail. Mail.app is
> the best one though.

I've been using Apple Mail with Google's IMAP for year's without a
hitch.
-- 
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.
0
jamiekg505 (3043)
9/14/2013 7:04:30 AM
In article <1l959v1.r5pb2fq8kaq6N%RonTheGuy@null.invalid>, Ron
<RonTheGuy@null.invalid> wrote:

> My workplace uses Google Mail and everyone I know of uses the online
> Google Mail client, which lots of folks don't particularly like. I tried
> Thunderbird on my MacBook Pro; it doesn't work with Google mail. Our IT
> folks discourage the use of the Apple Mail app. What alternative app
> would work?

I used Thunderbird for years with gmail with no problems. I then
switched to Postbox which works very well with gmail. Outlook works ok
also. Apple mail didn't work all that great for me with multiple gmail
accounts mainly with how it handles junk mail and the deletion of said
junk mail.
0
nobody (5159)
9/14/2013 12:50:21 PM
saneearth wrote:
> On 2013-09-13 23:33:31 +0000, Ron said:
>
>> My workplace uses Google Mail and everyone I know of uses the online
>> Google Mail client, which lots of folks don't particularly like. I tried
>> Thunderbird on my MacBook Pro; it doesn't work with Google mail. Our IT
>> folks discourage the use of the Apple Mail app. What alternative app
>> would work?
>
> Thunderbird works great on the MacBook Pro with gmail. I have not idea
> what you mean about it not working. It by default does just what is
> intended with imap mail. Apple Mail is a bit hokey however and deleted
> files go to all mail in the iMap folders. I use Thunderbird fairly
> exclusivly for gmail on my Mac.

I have Google set up on SeaMonkey (which uses the Thunderbird mail news 
engine)
Ad account choose IMAP
Then you set address for incoming connection the for out going 
connection The directions are on Google But its not complicated.

-- 
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.      "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net    mailto:pjonescet@comcast.net
0
pjonescet (208)
9/14/2013 6:19:34 PM
PhillipJones wrote:
> saneearth wrote:
>> On 2013-09-13 23:33:31 +0000, Ron said:
>>
>>> My workplace uses Google Mail and everyone I know of uses the online
>>> Google Mail client, which lots of folks don't particularly like. I tried
>>> Thunderbird on my MacBook Pro; it doesn't work with Google mail. Our IT
>>> folks discourage the use of the Apple Mail app. What alternative app
>>> would work?
>>
>> Thunderbird works great on the MacBook Pro with gmail. I have not idea
>> what you mean about it not working. It by default does just what is
>> intended with imap mail. Apple Mail is a bit hokey however and deleted
>> files go to all mail in the iMap folders. I use Thunderbird fairly
>> exclusivly for gmail on my Mac.
>
> I have Google set up on SeaMonkey (which uses the Thunderbird mail news
> engine)
> Ad account choose IMAP
> Then you set address for incoming connection the for out going
> connection The directions are on Google But its not complicated.
>
Address referred to is Port number for IMAP and
Address for SMTP they are different.

-- 
Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.      "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"
http://www.phillipmjones.net    mailto:pjonescet@comcast.net
0
pjonescet (208)
9/14/2013 6:23:47 PM
In article <1l959v1.r5pb2fq8kaq6N%RonTheGuy@null.invalid>,
 RonTheGuy@null.invalid (Ron) wrote:

> Our IT folks discourage the use of the Apple Mail app.

Why would that be?

-- 
Send responses to the relevant news group rather than email to me.
E-mail sent to this address may be devoured by my very hungry SPAM
filter. Due to Google's refusal to prevent spammers from posting
messages through their servers, I often ignore posts from Google
Groups. Use a real news client if you want me to see your posts.

JR
0
jollyroger (11010)
9/14/2013 11:12:07 PM
In article <1l97bd1.1dxfpwos2dc0N%jamiekg@wizardling.geek.nz>,
 jamiekg@wizardling.geek.nz (Jamie Kahn Genet) wrote:

> Lewis <g.kreme@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:
> 
> > In message <1l959v1.r5pb2fq8kaq6N%RonTheGuy@null.invalid> 
> >   Ron <RonTheGuy@null.invalid> wrote:
> > > Our IT
> > > folks discourage the use of the Apple Mail app.
> > 
> > Do they have a reason, or are they just gibbering morons?
> > 
> > > What alternative app would work? 
> > 
> > Any mail app that supports IMAP should *work* with gmail. Mail.app is
> > the best one though.
> 
> I've been using Apple Mail with Google's IMAP for year's without a
> hitch.

Same here. The idea of avoiding Mail is an interesting one. I'd like to 
know their reasons.

-- 
Send responses to the relevant news group rather than email to me.
E-mail sent to this address may be devoured by my very hungry SPAM
filter. Due to Google's refusal to prevent spammers from posting
messages through their servers, I often ignore posts from Google
Groups. Use a real news client if you want me to see your posts.

JR
0
jollyroger (11010)
9/14/2013 11:12:35 PM
Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:

> In article <1l97bd1.1dxfpwos2dc0N%jamiekg@wizardling.geek.nz>,
>  jamiekg@wizardling.geek.nz (Jamie Kahn Genet) wrote:
> 
> > Lewis <g.kreme@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:
> > 
> > > In message <1l959v1.r5pb2fq8kaq6N%RonTheGuy@null.invalid> 
> > >   Ron <RonTheGuy@null.invalid> wrote:
> > > > Our IT
> > > > folks discourage the use of the Apple Mail app.
> > > 
> > > Do they have a reason, or are they just gibbering morons?
> > > 
> > > > What alternative app would work? 
> > > 
> > > Any mail app that supports IMAP should *work* with gmail. Mail.app is
> > > the best one though.
> > 
> > I've been using Apple Mail with Google's IMAP for year's without a
> > hitch.
> 
> Same here. The idea of avoiding Mail is an interesting one. I'd like to
> know their reasons.

I mean I'm no Apple fanboy, and I believe my posts here bear that out.
I'm not blind to the many issues I experience with their hardware and
software. In fact it's debatable whether I'd still be an Apple user
today, if Windows 8 were not so awful and a worse mismash of touch and
desktop UI than Apple's port 10.6 OSes, and my 10.6 capable iMac (that I
also run WinXP on for Windows only apps) didn't continue to hang on as a
usable main work and play machine (but only just - more and more
software I'd like to run requires a better video card. Funnily enough
I've not found sticking with 10.6 an issue yet. It's all about the video
card).

Anyway, the point being I hate to see software or anything unfairly
blamed, when it's something else at fault - more often than not: the
user themselves.
-- 
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.
0
jamiekg505 (3043)
9/15/2013 2:50:08 AM
Justan Oldfart <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote:

> In article <1l959v1.r5pb2fq8kaq6N%RonTheGuy@null.invalid>, Ron
> <RonTheGuy@null.invalid> wrote:
> 
> > My workplace uses Google Mail and everyone I know of uses the online
> > Google Mail client, which lots of folks don't particularly like. I tried
> > Thunderbird on my MacBook Pro; it doesn't work with Google mail. Our IT
> > folks discourage the use of the Apple Mail app. What alternative app
> > would work?
> 
> I used Thunderbird for years with gmail with no problems. I then
> switched to Postbox which works very well with gmail. Outlook works ok
> also. Apple mail didn't work all that great for me with multiple gmail
> accounts mainly with how it handles junk mail and the deletion of said
> junk mail.

Works fine here, so long as I let Apple Mail use Gmail's spam filtering
and folder. I've disabled Mail's junk filter and got rid of it's
associated mailbox, enabled 'Store junk messages on the server', and set
'Delete junk messages when' to 'Never' (Gmail handles automatic deletion
of old spam itself).

When I want to mark a false negative as spam, I just move it into the
'Spam' folder, and vice versa.
-- 
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.
0
jamiekg505 (3043)
9/15/2013 3:00:37 AM
In article <1l98u35.16i8h6b1we463aN%jamiekg@wizardling.geek.nz>,
 jamiekg@wizardling.geek.nz (Jamie Kahn Genet) wrote:

> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
> 
> > In article <1l97bd1.1dxfpwos2dc0N%jamiekg@wizardling.geek.nz>,
> >  jamiekg@wizardling.geek.nz (Jamie Kahn Genet) wrote:
> > 
> > > Lewis <g.kreme@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:
> > > 
> > > > In message <1l959v1.r5pb2fq8kaq6N%RonTheGuy@null.invalid> 
> > > >   Ron <RonTheGuy@null.invalid> wrote:
> > > > > Our IT
> > > > > folks discourage the use of the Apple Mail app.
> > > > 
> > > > Do they have a reason, or are they just gibbering morons?
> > > > 
> > > > > What alternative app would work? 
> > > > 
> > > > Any mail app that supports IMAP should *work* with gmail. Mail.app is
> > > > the best one though.
> > > 
> > > I've been using Apple Mail with Google's IMAP for year's without a
> > > hitch.
> > 
> > Same here. The idea of avoiding Mail is an interesting one. I'd like to
> > know their reasons.
> 
> I mean I'm no Apple fanboy, and I believe my posts here bear that out.
> I'm not blind to the many issues I experience with their hardware and
> software. In fact it's debatable whether I'd still be an Apple user
> today, if Windows 8 were not so awful and a worse mismash of touch and
> desktop UI than Apple's port 10.6 OSes, and my 10.6 capable iMac (that I
> also run WinXP on for Windows only apps) didn't continue to hang on as a
> usable main work and play machine (but only just - more and more
> software I'd like to run requires a better video card. Funnily enough
> I've not found sticking with 10.6 an issue yet. It's all about the video
> card).
> 
> Anyway, the point being I hate to see software or anything unfairly
> blamed, when it's something else at fault - more often than not: the
> user themselves.

I just can't imagine a good reason. It's just an email client, and not 
significantly different than any other of a handful of clients that come 
to mind...

-- 
Send responses to the relevant news group rather than email to me.
E-mail sent to this address may be devoured by my very hungry SPAM
filter. Due to Google's refusal to prevent spammers from posting
messages through their servers, I often ignore posts from Google
Groups. Use a real news client if you want me to see your posts.

JR
0
jollyroger (11010)
9/15/2013 3:18:14 AM
In message <jollyroger-B9B2EB.20181114092013@news.individual.net> 
  Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
> In article <1l98u35.16i8h6b1we463aN%jamiekg@wizardling.geek.nz>,
>  jamiekg@wizardling.geek.nz (Jamie Kahn Genet) wrote:

>> Jolly Roger <jollyroger@pobox.com> wrote:
>> 
>> > In article <1l97bd1.1dxfpwos2dc0N%jamiekg@wizardling.geek.nz>,
>> >  jamiekg@wizardling.geek.nz (Jamie Kahn Genet) wrote:
>> > 
>> > > Lewis <g.kreme@gmail.com.dontsendmecopies> wrote:
>> > > 
>> > > > In message <1l959v1.r5pb2fq8kaq6N%RonTheGuy@null.invalid> 
>> > > >   Ron <RonTheGuy@null.invalid> wrote:
>> > > > > Our IT
>> > > > > folks discourage the use of the Apple Mail app.
>> > > > 
>> > > > Do they have a reason, or are they just gibbering morons?
>> > > > 
>> > > > > What alternative app would work? 
>> > > > 
>> > > > Any mail app that supports IMAP should *work* with gmail. Mail.app is
>> > > > the best one though.
>> > > 
>> > > I've been using Apple Mail with Google's IMAP for year's without a
>> > > hitch.
>> > 
>> > Same here. The idea of avoiding Mail is an interesting one. I'd like to
>> > know their reasons.
>> 
>> I mean I'm no Apple fanboy, and I believe my posts here bear that out.
>> I'm not blind to the many issues I experience with their hardware and
>> software. In fact it's debatable whether I'd still be an Apple user
>> today, if Windows 8 were not so awful and a worse mismash of touch and
>> desktop UI than Apple's port 10.6 OSes, and my 10.6 capable iMac (that I
>> also run WinXP on for Windows only apps) didn't continue to hang on as a
>> usable main work and play machine (but only just - more and more
>> software I'd like to run requires a better video card. Funnily enough
>> I've not found sticking with 10.6 an issue yet. It's all about the video
>> card).
>> 
>> Anyway, the point being I hate to see software or anything unfairly
>> blamed, when it's something else at fault - more often than not: the
>> user themselves.

> I just can't imagine a good reason. It's just an email client, and not 
> significantly different than any other of a handful of clients that come 
> to mind...

Exactly. I find it more stable and usable than ThunderBird, but
ThunderBird has 'more' features.

-- 
BEWITCHED DOES NOT PROMOTE SATANISM Bart chalkboard Ep. 2F17
0
g.kreme (3671)
9/15/2013 4:28:18 AM
In article <1l959v1.r5pb2fq8kaq6N%RonTheGuy@null.invalid>,
 RonTheGuy@null.invalid (Ron) wrote:

> My workplace uses Google Mail and everyone I know of uses the online
> Google Mail client, which lots of folks don't particularly like. I tried
> Thunderbird on my MacBook Pro; it doesn't work with Google mail. Our IT
> folks discourage the use of the Apple Mail app. What alternative app
> would work?

I have no problem using Postbox to access my Gmail.

-- 
D.F. Manno | dfmanno@mail.com
GOP delenda est!
0
dfmanno (398)
9/15/2013 11:24:11 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Mail and imported mail in mail app
I imported my email from an iMac g5 to a MacBook Pro running Leopard. I now have an inbox, sent box, Trash, and underneath that a set of folders I'd created in Mail on the iMac for various mail stuff. Under that is a gmail heading (all my mail comes to Mail app from Gmail), and under that another inbox, sent box. Is there a way to meld these two inboxes? Last time I looked, a new mail coming in showed up in both places, requiring me to select each in turn. Ed In article <C73B46C2.2656D%kearnser@gmail.com>, Ed Kearns <kearnser@gmail.com> wrote: > I imp...

Mac mail app problems sending mail??
Sometimes when I send email I get an error message stating it will remain in outbox blah, blah, blah. It also says "Verify that you have addressed this message correctly. Check you SMTP server settings in Mail Preferences and verify and advanced settings with your system administrator." Now... when I go to Mail> Preferences> Accounts, I change the server settings and set authentication to Password. Once I enter password and whatnot, the mail gets sent. Sounds like the problems fixed but......... In a few more days, I get the error message again. This time I set the authenticati...

Improving Mail.app/Mail client suggestions
Hi, I've decided there are a couple things with Mail.app I'd really like to change in OS X 10.3.9. First, is there any way to assign an alias to an email address, similar to the way it's done on Yahoo? At the moment, Mail.app can suggest by reading from the email address field in Address Book, or the Name field. I'd like to add a simple alias in addition for popular recipients. Any way to do this? Secondly, I have around three or four different accounts set up, each with different SMTP servers, and I'm getting tired of having to constantly select the appropriat...

Mac mail.app to iPod touch mail transfer
Running a MacBook with 10.6.5 and a 3rd gen iPod touch with 4.2.1. Without getting into long explanations, I cannot have wifi in my house, and it would be most convenient to write my emails on my Mac, transfer them to my iPod, and send them out from a public hot spot in town. I have been doing this by writing the mails in mail.app>notes, syncing the ipod, then copy and pasting from ipod notes to ipod mail. I have airsharing and goodreader and probably could use them also. But is there a more convenient way like an app at the iTunes store that would directly transfer from mail/Ma...

Mail.app
I lost some mail today. I had dragged a couple of folders to a new location. When I looked in the folders, it appeared the mail was there but everything was empty. I tried rebuilding the folders and the headers disappeared as well. At that point I was pretty desperate. Most of the mail was from today and would not be on my backup. I restarted the computer and rebuilt the folders again. Low-and-behold, most of the mail came back but not all of it and I am still missing a couple of items I can not afford to lose. So, what did I do, so I can avoid doing it again? How can ...

autoforward mail in mail; app?
After I signed up with attglobal, I discovered that they don't have web access to your POP mail. They do this in order to gauge you on their access lines in foreign countries. However, when I travel outside the USA, I don't schlep my laptop but use cyber cafes. A couple of weeks on windows makes me appreciate OS X all the more. However, with my limited choices on my little rock, it's inconvenient to change ISP's right now. So, I'm wondering if mail app can automatically forward my attglobal mail to say a yahoo account? There is a $15 shareware program that works in OS ...

Mail.app Mailing List?
Does the OS X mail.app have a mailing list about and if so, where can I find it?? -- Bob Batson rcb@kc.rr.com "Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines" Bob Batson wrote: > Does the OS X mail.app have a mailing list about and if so, where can I > find it?? > Not sure if it's what your asking, but the Address Book application allows you to create mailing lists, and there's lots of information in the Address Book Help file. Once you've created the list, you can select it and use it in the Mail application. In article <rcYye...

Mail Links In Web Apps won't open any mail apps? Help!!! Thanks
that is if I click on a link in Safari or Internet Explorer that contains an e-mail address it won't open a mail app. the dock kind of moves a bit and that's it. this is a total pain in the butt because these address's are imbedded and I can't see what the address is. I checked the useless discussions on the apple sight and they were uh...useless. I checked all preferences and that didn't fix it.Someone suggested that the default setting in the apple mail app would have a place to set it but that didn't work. Any suggestions? thanks for the help -- Barry ...

Which e-mail client to use w/DSL? Entourage or Mail.app
I just signed up for Verizon DSL and am in the process of switching away from AOL as my wife and I use the e-mail service only and not all the other fluff they overcharge for. That being said, I can either use Entourage or Mail.app as my mail client. I'm running the newest version of Mac OSX. My wife is used to simplicity (open her inbox for new mail) and ease of use so I need to keep it that way. Any opinions?? egbradlee@aol.com (Gardner Bradlee) writes: > That being said, I can either > use Entourage or Mail.app as my mail client. I'm running the newest > version of M...

Mail Merge to Mail.app?
I can do mail merge with MS Word/Entourage, but I haven't yet found a way to merge to mail.app. Is there a way to do mail merge to mail.app? In article <vikr-819ADF.13453731102006@news.west.earthlink.net>, Vik Rubenfeld <vikr@mindspring.com.invalid> wrote: > I can do mail merge with MS Word/Entourage, but I haven't yet found a > way to merge to mail.app. > > Is there a way to do mail merge to mail.app? Probably with an Applescript. -- Stop Mad Cowboy Disease: Impeach the son of a Bush. ...

Netscape mail in Mail.app?
I acquired one of those free netscape.net email addresses way back when Netscape was my primary browser. Unless I'm mistaken, Netscape (the company) makes sure their mail program is only accessible throug either Netscape (the browser) or Netscape's (the company) web site. (Mail.app can't connect to imap.mail.netcenter.com no matter what settings I tweak.) I just noticed that httpmail plugin, which allows Hotmail users to access their mail through Mail.app has been updated. One of the comments in MacUpdate asks whether the plugin could be hacked to receive Netscape mail. As of a fe...

Archiving mail from mail.app
I need to save just every mail I receive and be able to search the archive. Mail.app's search capabilities are pathetic at best. I've searched around and found some AppleScript's that do some manner of import into FileMaker database, but they are limited in file size and capability to deal with attachments. I currently create new mailboxes with old mail to keep the mailbox from growing too huge, but am still stuck with poor search features. Otherwise, I am quite happy with Mail.app (Jaguar) and prefer to keep it. Does anyone have practical solutions for dealing with large ...

Editing mail in Mail.app
I asked this a long time ago and there wasn't a way to do it. Is there a way yet? Sometimes I want to save just part of a mail item and I want to remove all the clutter. This is easy in Windows. I don't know why it is seemingly impossible in OS X. -- Robert B. Peirce, Venetia, PA 724-941-6883 bob AT peirce-family.com [Mac] rbp AT cooksonpeirce.com [Office] In article <bob-F86E3E.15561610022008@news.verizon.net>, Robert Peirce <bob@peirce-family.com.invalid> wrote: > I asked this a long time ago and there wasn't a way to do it. Is there > a way yet?...

Dupe Mail in Mail.app
For a couple of months now, almost every email I get arrives in groups of two. Identical email. Any idea why this might be? -- Thank you and have a nice day. In article <2007010216231775249-xxx@yyyzzz>, gtr <xxx@yyy.zzz> wrote: > For a couple of months now, almost every email I get arrives in groups > of two. Identical email. > > Any idea why this might be? Might be an ISP issue. Contact your ISP for assistance. In article <2007010216231775249-xxx@yyyzzz>, gtr <xxx@yyy.zzz> wrote: > For a couple of months now, almost every email I get arrives...

Vacation mail with mail.app
Here is a script I wrote for vacation notices; it will send the notice only once to each person you receive mail from. I suggest running it after any rules to file mailing list items into folders, so that it doesn't send vacation mail notices to the lists. The actual notice is sent by the rule; the script is what keeps the rule from sending more than one notice to any given address. First set up an address-book group named "Vacation" Then set up a rule with the criterion "If sender is not a member of group Vacation" Set up the actions Reply to Message Run App...

mail.app does not fetch mail
Hi: For the last four days mail.app has refused to fetch any mail from my pop account. As far as I know, I have made no changes to my system or the mail app. I know I have new mail because I can access my mail via pine on the shell account at the isp. Mail tries, it logs on, checks password successfully, then spends a little too long on "checking for messages" and finds none. I've not tried any other methods of checking my email as none of the mailers I have around seem to support ssl. Any help greatly appreciated! Eric In article <250120041742285724%UNericfiveSPAM@onl...

importing mail from Mail.app?
5.2.1 paid OSX 10.2.6 iMac 800 flat-screen OK, now that I've finally switched back to Eudora from Mail.app, can anyone suggest a painless way to import all that email I've accumulated in Mail over into Eudora? The Eudora manual only discusses Outlook Express, and my Googling has proved fruitless, as has searching thru the postings in this group. I seem to remember a nifty program to take mail in the other direction! Thanks again, rudi overit <baying@themoon.com> wrote: > 5.2.1 paid > OSX 10.2.6 > iMac 800 flat-screen > > OK, now that...

Mac Mail app
I'm sure I am probably missing something but I am new to the Mac, so help would be appreciated. The Mac's on board mail client, why is the text size so small on some incoming mail? It is not on all mail so presumably the senders settings have an impact although I would have thought that Mac Mail would have over-ridden these with local settings. Thanks Colin Countryman wrote: > I'm sure I am probably missing something but I am new to the Mac, so help > would be appreciated. > > The Mac's on board mail client, why is the text size so small on some > inco...

Exporting Mail from Mail.app to Thunderbird
Is there any way of exporting mail from Apple Mail app to Mozilla Thunderbird? I'm using OS 10.7.3 and T'bird 9.0.1 When I use the import mail tool in T'bird all it does is write a folder called "AppleImports01" which contains nothing. Can anyone help? Thanks, Peter -- It is necessary for the good man to do nothing for evil to triumph. Attributed to Edmund Burke 1729 - 1797 On 2012-02-24 17:05:40 +0000, Peter James said: > Is there any way of exporting mail from Apple Mail app to Mozilla > Thunderbird? > I'm using OS 10.7.3 and T'bird 9.0.1 > When...

Mail.app vaporized my e-mail!
The strangest thing just happened, help! I opened up Mail, and all the messages on my inbox (several dozen of them, some dating back 7 months) were all marked as unread. Not a big problem. BUT, everything dated between August 18 2003 and today (October 13, 2003) has completely vanished. I had some VERY important e-mails in there. I tried looking in ~/Library/Mail, and there doesn't seem to be any way to recover them by messing around in there. Is there any way to get them back??? Thanks G In article <Gqtib.9039$x97.2472@clgrps13>, nospam@spam.sucks.it (Gavin) wrote: &...

Editing mail in mail.app #2
Somebody suggested dragging the mail to draft and editing it then dragging it back. I want to report that this works. Somebody else asked why I would want to do that. I use mail for reminders and ToDo lists. I frequently get a long mail where I really only need to save and look at a few lines, which may be buried deeply within the mail. By removing all the stuff I don't need I am left with something I can review at a glance. BTW, re-directing mail to yourself also works, but dragging and editing works better. -- Robert B. Peirce, Venetia, PA 724-941-6883 bob AT peirce-family...

Mail.app and junk mail training
If I change the rules in Mail.app for junk mail to move the message to a Junk folder, the mode changes from "Training" to "Custom." My question is this: does Mail.app still adapt when I flag a message as Junk (or Not Junk), or does that only happen specifically when mode is "Training"? (I use email at home and at work on an IMAP account, and I'd like to leave the messages around so that both programs get a chance to evaluate them. But I'd also like to keep them out of the way, in a separate folder.) -- Tad Davis taddavis@ucwphilly.rr.com http://ta...

Mail.app : How to forward mail as attachment?
I have Mac OSX 10.4 and Mail 2.1.1. Is it possible to forward an email as attachment? Right now, "Message| Forward" only forwards an inline copy of the mail (which is actually what I want most of the time, but occasionally I would like to forward the mail as attachment instead). If this can't be done with Mail.app, can one recommend another good mail client for the Mac? Ronald In article <f5c6f6b5-f9be-4fd7-a6b1-5d1fceeeddfe@1g2000hsl.googlegroups.com>, RonaldOttoValentinFischer <ro.naldfi.scher@gmail.com> wrote: > I have Mac OSX 10.4 and Mail 2.1.1. > > Is it possible to forward an email as attachment? Right now, "Message| > Forward" only forwards > an inline copy of the mail (which is actually what I want most of the > time, but occasionally I > would like to forward the mail as attachment instead). That's a very handy feature that I couldn't live without. Have you tried this to see if it does what you want?: 1. Creating a new message. 2. Dragging another message into it. > If this can't be done with Mail.app, can one recommend another good > mail client for the Mac? Microsoft Entourage does it. Despite the name, it's one of the best email clients on Mac OS X, believe it or not. -- Note: Please send all responses to the relevant news group. If you must contact me through e-mail, let me know when you send email to this address so that your email doesn't get eaten by my SPAM f...

Problem with mail.app not finding mail
I'm using Mail 4.1 on 10.6.1, and my wife is using Mail 2.1.3 on 10.4.11, so there's not an exact convergence. I have mine set up to get mail from our web host, and it works fine. I have Louise's set up to get mail from our Web host, and it doesn't work. My problem is that I have no clue how to diagnose the problem - which end it's on. As far as I can tell, I set both accounts up the same on our Web host (an external service, not run by us), and I've set both mail.app accounts up the same. How do I troubleshoot this? In article <231020091035146216%ralph@whitehous...

Web resources about - Mail client app for Google mail? - comp.sys.mac.apps

MUD client - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A MUD client is a computer application used to connect to a MUD , a type of multiplayer online game . Generally, a MUD client is a very basic ...

3Q Digital Offers Peek At 3Q Facebook Ad Performance By Its Largest Clients
With Facebook set to report its third-quarter earnings Wednesday , digital marketing agency 3Q Digital offered some insight on how the social ...

Facebook India Client Council - Facebook for Business
The India Client Council provides a forum for leading marketers to discuss the future of business and marketing in India.

Facebook hires: Carsabi team, head of policy France, marketing mix science lead, client partners and ...
... Manager (Prineville) Chief Facility Engineer (Prineville) SMB Associate, French (Dublin) User Operations – Contract (Menlo Park) Client ...

Sydney IV.ME clinic closed by NSW Health after client hospitalised at St Vincent's
Health authorities have launched a major investigation into a chain of 'hydration' clinics after a Sydney woman received an intravenous vitamin ...

Sydney IV.ME clinic closed by NSW Health after client hospitalised at St Vincent's
Health authorities have launched a major investigation into a chain of 'hydration' clinics after a Sydney woman received an intravenous vitamin ...

Managing Partner Who Allegedly Stole $30 Million From Clients Indicted
Federal prosecutors are coming down hard on a managing partner who allegedly took a pretty penny to pay off some massive gambling debts.

"Psychologists and massage therapists are reporting ‘Trump anxiety’ among clients."
Writes Paul Schwartzman (who "specializes in political profiles and narratives about life, death and everything in between" in The Washington ...

Most of failed £1.8 billion tech unicorn Powa's 1,200 clients hadn't signed contracts
... Powa Technologies collapsed into administration last week and we just found out another key reason why that happened — a majority of its clients ...

​Goldman: Clients expect negative returns in 2016
A majority of the bank's customers are braced for a year of bad investment news, but are they "now-casting"?

Resources last updated: 3/8/2016 5:23:44 AM