Mail doesn't import Mail messages from another machine

Hi,

My friend just got a new G5 (I'm jealous) and would like to import all
the mail messages on his old G4 (he has moved them all to an external
hard drive for safe keeping). We tried the Tiger Mail>Import scheme and
imported from the external hard drive. The Import routine imported all
his Mail folders but they're all empty. Is there a way to get this to
work correctly?

Any help appreciated.
r.
0
RobertB

In article <rb28-E04B37.13013529092005@corp.supernews.com>,
 "RobertB." <rb28@nyu.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My friend just got a new G5 (I'm jealous) and would like to import all
> the mail messages on his old G4 (he has moved them all to an external
> hard drive for safe keeping). We tried the Tiger Mail>Import scheme and
> imported from the external hard drive. The Import routine imported all
> his Mail folders but they're all empty. Is there a way to get this to
> work correctly?

Apple has migration info on its web site. Chances are, the info your
friend needs is there.
0
Shawn