Mail doesn't store sent mail

Hey,

I'm using an IMAP account to read mails with Mail. I've selected "store
sent messages on the server" in the preferences. If I select the "Sent"
mailbox and check "Mailbox>Use this mailbox for" all the choices are
disabled. Mail doesn't store the messages in the sent mailbox. I can't
figure out what's wrong, any ideas?

Nico
0
nico

In article <nospam-F4B51C.08571507042006@nyytiset.pp.htv.fi>,
 nico <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I'm using an IMAP account to read mails with Mail. I've selected "store
> sent messages on the server" in the preferences. If I select the "Sent"
> mailbox and check "Mailbox>Use this mailbox for" all the choices are
> disabled. Mail doesn't store the messages in the sent mailbox. I can't
> figure out what's wrong, any ideas?
>
> Nico

I had the same problem; I eventually set the prefs to store my sent
messages locally, and that works.

I only use Mail for my black-hole junk mailboxes; I'd _never_ use it for
serious correspondence, it's buggy and clunky and I don't know why they
even bother.

Here's one: if you're composing a message, and decide to change the
..sig, the whole message that you've typed disappears.
--
W. Oates
 Teal'c: He is concealing something.
Oates <warren.oates@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here's one: if you're composing a message, and decide to change the
> .sig, the whole message that you've typed disappears.

Not here.
0
Dave
4/7/2006 1:44:36 PM
Dave Balderstone <dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderstone.ca> wrote:

> Not here.

Nor here... :-)
--
/Jon
For mail address, run the following in Terminal:

TK

0
TKnTexas

Mail merge doesn't mail and/or doesn't merge
Mail merge doesn't mail and/or doesn't merge With me at least it doesn't. We are getting too many false positives on our bcc-mailing lists, so I decided to give the mail merge feature in PM 4.41 a go. The goal was to simultaneously send messages addressed to multiple recipients. I made a csv file containing nine of my own addresses in a column called ~kemail~, made this the data file, checked the box for the first field to be the fieldname and sent the email with the string ~kemail~ in the address box. I also attached a pdf file. PM reported a successful transaction, b...

mail.app and destinatary column in sent folder (it doesn't work)
Hi :) I'm under Tiger version of Mac Os X and when I send a message to multiple recipients the copy in the Sent folder only show the first address. If use BCC the "to" column in the Sent folder is totally empty. I don't think this is a good behavior 'cause you can't track where your mail has been sent. Do you agree? What happens under Leopard? Thanks in advance and please excuse my english Asorka wrote: > Hi :) > I'm under Tiger version of Mac Os X and when I send a message to > multiple recipients the copy in the Sent folder only show the first > ...

Mail Links In Web Apps won't open any mail apps? Help!!! Thanks
that is if I click on a link in Safari or Internet Explorer that contains an e-mail address it won't open a mail app. the dock kind of moves a bit and that's it. this is a total pain in the butt because these address's are imbedded and I can't see what the address is. I checked the useless discussions on the apple sight and they were uh...useless. I checked all preferences and that didn't fix it.Someone suggested that the default setting in the apple mail app would have a place to set it but that didn't work. Any suggestions? thanks for the help -- Barry ...

Mail doesn't leave New Mail folder
Even after checking that the mail files have write permissions - even after mail is read, it doesn't leave the New Mail folder... Or, only some of it leave... Even though the setting tells it to leave the New Mail folder after reading. Any ideas? Please reply in group. Thanks ...

Can't import Thunderbird mail into Mail.app
Hello, I recently switched from Win to MacBook Pro, and I'm trying to get all my emails over to the new box. On Win I had Thunderbird, and I managed to import all of my stuff straight into Mac Thunderbird: just drop the same profile folder in the right place and that's it, no need to convert/import anything, my stuff was there! Now, there's no way to import from Mac Thunderbird over into Mail.app. Whatever option I choose when importing (Eudora, Netscape/Mozilla, Other, whatever) it will let me browse to the Mac Thunderbird folder/files, but when I'm in there all the f...

Inbox doesn't have mails, webclient shows mails
Hi, I am unable to see any emails in my inbox. However, the webclient for the same account shows me all my emails. 95% of the time, I use MS Outlook Express as the email client using its IMAP server. I donot understand why I am not able to see emails in my inbox. The only thing I see are the new mails. ie. if I login remotely onto the server, I don't see any emails, but during the period I am logged in, if I get any mails, I can see them. I tried seeing the configuration settings and nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Atleast I didn't change anything. Any help will be really a...

Mail doesn't import Mail messages from another machine
Hi, My friend just got a new G5 (I'm jealous) and would like to import all the mail messages on his old G4 (he has moved them all to an external hard drive for safe keeping). We tried the Tiger Mail>Import scheme and imported from the external hard drive. The Import routine imported all his Mail folders but they're all empty. Is there a way to get this to work correctly? Any help appreciated. r. In article <rb28-E04B37.13013529092005@corp.supernews.com>, "RobertB." <rb28@nyu.edu> wrote: > Hi, > > My friend just got a new G5 (I'm jeal...

mail() function doesn't seem to be sending MAIL FROM: properly
I'm trying to send an email using the mail() function. I've carefully made use of the ini_set(SMTP, "mail.my.server") function to set my SMTP server and also to set my From: address. I'm still getting a "Relaying not explicitly allowed: fakeemail@fakedomain.com" response from the server however, when I try and set a recipient who is outside of my own domain. This makes my think that the From: address is somehow not getting sent to my server properly or that I'm pointing at the wrong server. The confounding thing is that it was working for a while and I don&...

Can't send mail using Mail.app, but can with Thunderbird
Hello, I am having one heck of a time, and it's killing me. I am new to the world of OS X but am adapting well, with one exception - Mail. Here's the deal. Using Thunderbird, I can send mail out with password authentication. I can send it via port 25 normally or via port 465 via SSL. I can also telnet to port 25 and see the standard email connection, and I can even fake it out using the proper sequence of commands. I can telnet to port 465, although since that's SSL I can't easily fake key negotiation or anything like that - but, it does establish a connection. However, Mai...

Mail.app can't get Comcast mail; Entourage can
I was trying to set up Mail.app to get my son's email from his Comcast POP3 account. As far as I could tell all the settings were correct, and Mail.app correctly saw that there were 9 messages in his inbox, however in the activity window, the progress bar seemed to indicate that the mail download had started, but it seemed to time out without downloading anything. In contrast, on the same computer, Entourage accessed his mail just fine. Can anyone explain this behavior? This is in MacOS X 10.2.8. Thanks, Dan -- Daniel E. Sabath University of Washington Department of Laboratory ...

Junk mail box doesn't open automatically, I miss mails because of this
When I get a junk message, Eudora puts it in the junk mail box, but doesn't open the mail box. With other filters, it does open the box automatically. This way I know a mail came in. I would also like Eudora to open my Junk mail box, so I know a mail got in there. Anybody have some advice? Eudora 7 paid mode chieleman On Mon, 15 Jan 2007 14:13:21 +0100, chieleman <vlaflip31-nieuwsgroepREMOVETHIS@REMOVETHISyahoo.com> wrote: >When I get a junk message, Eudora puts it in the junk mail box, but >doesn't open the mail box. With other filters, it does open t...

Apple Mail; mail doesn't get to server to be "saved"
I'm still one of those increasingly few AOL users (got kids). Have had the account since '95. Anyway, when I got cable access at work, I decided to use my Mac Mini in the office to not only access my work email, but also the AOL account which I use at home for personal stuff. Running Tiger 10.4.7 and Apple Mail on both systems (G4 at home). Things worked fine for months; I simply configured the Mail application to access my office mail server and also my AOL account, which is IMAP. I only use AOL at home. When I use Mail at work, I still get all of my normal AOL mail. I think that wha...

Hi there, It seems send mail doesn't send mail to external mail account in my FreeBSD 4.8 BOX. However, I'm able to receive mail from external mail, such as yahoo, hotmail account. My config is: FreeBSD 4.8 ISP: bell Sympatico high speed with dynamic IP address. SMTP port is enabled on the router/firewall. Can anyone help? bluesnow#mail -v calvin2k_cn@yahoo.com Subject: This is a test. Do you hear me? EOT calvin2k_cn@yahoo.com... Connecting to [127.0.0.1] via relay... 220 bluesnow.gotdns.com ESMTP Sendmail 8.12.8p1/8.12.8; Thu, 26 Jun 2003 17:14:51 -0400 (EDT) &...

New mail doesn't appear in new mail folder in grouped view
I just upgraded from 4.12 to 4.21c. Overall, I'm impressed with some of the new features. However, while setting up the settings, I somehow got the thing into state where when you download mail from the ISP, the new messages come in, and I can see the new .cnm files in the mail directory, however they don't show up in the new mail folder. This used to happen to me occasionally with the old version of Pegasus, however I could hit the File/Read New Mail menu option, and the new messages would pop in. This doesn't work for me with 4.21c. The strange thing is tha...

Mail and imported mail in mail app

Can't send email from Mac App. Mail
Have Graphite G4, running Panther 10.3.9 Have 2 websites on 2 different accounts. There are 3 emails on account #1, 2 emails on account #2. For the last few days, I cannot send mail out of any of them. It just goes to send then after maybe 2 mins a failure with a box that says: ----- MESSAGE DELIVERY FAILED The connection to the server "mail.domainname.com.au" on port 25 timed out. You can try to send using a different server. All messages will use this server until you quit or change your network settings. Send message using: {suggests another server ---- I try the other se...

E-mail doesn't get sent (still)
I have a fairly typical cable-modem setup -- I have a Linux box (RH7.2) attached to a "cable/dsl router" attached to a cable modem, attached to a cable internet provider which blocks all connections to port 25 except those to port 25 on their own SMTP server. I'd like to send mail using traditional text-based clients using sendmail. My problem is, I can't get sendmail to work correctly. I'm trying to use the "smarthost" configuration to route all outbound mail through my cable ISP's SMTP server (smtp.east.cox.net), but for some reason, no matter how I con...

Mail.app doesn't see keyboard shortcuts
Hi, Over the last few days I've started having problems with Mail.app not seeing keyboard shortcuts. The biggest problem is not being able to copy and paste with cmd-C/cmd-V, but no other keyboard shortcuts are working either. I'm not having a problem with shortcuts in any other application, so I'm sure it's something that I've screwed up in Mail. I just can't figure out what to look for. I initially thought the problem was connected to TypeIt4Me, but turning that off (completely or for just Mail) doesn't make any difference. There are 2 things I played with a ...

Subscription setting 'No e-mail': Doesn't work !
Hi all, I switched my subscription setting to "No e-mail" but I still receive an e-mail everyday. Does one know how I could reach the google technical support ? Thanks! Catherine. ...

Mail.app doesn't respect dash-dash-space
I have always been careful to have the proper dash-dash-space before my email signature, since I assumed all proper mail programs knew what to do with it. When I was telling a colleague about this, I discovered that her proper dash-dash-space was ignored by Mail.app (at least in Panther). Now I can't remember whether this ever worked in Mail.app. Am I the last person to notice this non-standard behavior of Mail.app? Dan -- Daniel E. Sabath University of Washington Department of Laboratory Medicine http://www.labmed.washington.edu In article <dsabath-991D39.12080111022004@nntp4....

Windows 8 mail app doesn't support POP!!!!
Absolutely extraordinary! Windows 7 came with NO built-in email client at all - the mail app that comes with Windows 8 doesn't support POP mail! http://blog.laptopmag.com/how-to-read-pop-mail-in-windows-8 -- Reg'd Linux User no 240308 https://linuxcounter.net/ Reg'd Ubuntu User 30183 http://ubuntucounter.geekosophical.net/index.php I only accept odf or pdf documents by email GBP's Alternative Computing: http://gbplinuxfoss.blogspot.co.uk/ On 2012-10-29, Gordonbp <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote: > Absolutely extraordinary! Windows 7 came with NO built-in e...

Doc written to mail.box not being sent... doesn't this work anymore?
Ok, I know we're not really supposed to do this anymore, but I thought at least it should still work, even if it was frowned upon officially. The following code is simply NOT working for me. The document is getting saved in the mail.box, alright, but the router isn't doing anything with it... the document just sits there. Can anyone see anything I'm doing wrong? The router on the server does work, because I can email the group in question from the front end and it routes just fine. This is a closed test server and I have manager access to the mail.box so I can se...

Mails sent mail to internal people are sent to their Internet mail address
Hi. When people in our company send mail messages to others in our company's directory Lotus Notes sends directly to the Internet. Since our Domino server is not yet configured as an SMTP relay, our fellows use Notes 6 client to read their Notes mailbox and send mails directly to the Internet. They all have a pop3 account by our ISP that they must read from their Notes client. Our Domino R6 server is installed on a Linux machine on which I have no control. Notes R6 clients use replication to read their mail from their ISP pop3 account. I'd like Lotus Notes R6 clients to...

wanadoo.fr's portal doesn't show Eudora's mails
Hello A strange problem when I write to a friend of mines. When she reads her mails with www.wanadoo.fr 's portal, everything composed with Eudora only gives a blank page (no problem when she uses... Eudora or Outlook or when I write with Outlook from my office - yes I know but they don't allow me to install Eudora...). Should I change something in the ini file? Don't understand what happens there, nor here. By the way : it's always interesting to read the Eudora forum Friendly regards, even when one doesn't have any problem with this program. Michel On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 16:52:49 +0200, Michel <michel_._bero@la_poste_net> wrote: >Hello > >A strange problem when I write to a friend of mines. When she reads >her mails with www.wanadoo.fr 's portal, everything composed with >Eudora only gives a blank page (no problem when she uses... Eudora or >Outlook or when I write with Outlook from my office - yes I know but >they don't allow me to install Eudora...). >Should I change something in the ini file? Don't understand what >happens there, nor here. >By the way : it's always interesting to read the Eudora forum >Friendly regards, even when one doesn't have any problem with this >program. Michel, does she have the same problem with mail from other Eudora users? groetjes, -- Ajo Wissink On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 16:52:49 +0200, Michel <michel_._bero@la_post...

Web resources about - Mail doesn't store sent mail - comp.sys.mac.apps