Mail erases mail?

Using Apple's Mail 1.3.9 on Panther: I had two email accounts and, in Prefs >
Accounts, unchecked Enable for one of them. All the mail in my inbox from that
account promptly disappeared! Is there any way to get it back?

--
John Rethorst
jrethorst at post dot com

In article <noone-B571F2.18450825092004@comcast.dca.giganews.com>,
 John Rethorst <noone@nowhere.net> wrote:

> Using Apple's Mail 1.3.9 on Panther: I had two email accounts and, in Prefs >
> Accounts, unchecked Enable for one of them. All the mail in my inbox from
> that account promptly disappeared! Is there any way to get it back?

Restore the data from backup or talk to your ISP about it. Odds are
though that your ISP will not restore your data from its backups, but
it cannot hurt to ask.
0
Shawn
9/26/2004 5:22:59 AM
On 2004-09-25 21:45:09 -0400, John Rethorst <noone@nowhere.net> said:

> Using Apple's Mail 1.3.9 on Panther: I had two email accounts and, in
> Prefs > Accounts, unchecked Enable for one of them. All the mail in my
> inbox from that account promptly disappeared! Is there any way to get
> it back?

use your backup.

0
David
9/26/2004 12:37:51 PM
On 2004-09-25 21:45:09 -0400, John Rethorst <noone@nowhere.net> said:

> Using Apple's Mail 1.3.9 on Panther: I had two email accounts and, in
> Prefs > Accounts, unchecked Enable for one of them. All the mail in my
> inbox from that account promptly disappeared! Is there any way to get
> it back?

can't you just re-enable that account? mail.app creates a mailbox file
for each different e-mail account...

--
-justin

0
Justin
9/26/2004 10:08:05 PM
In article <2004092618080550073%justin@mckillremovethisalsothisca>,
 Justin McKillican <justin@mckill.removethis.alsothis.ca> wrote:

> On 2004-09-25 21:45:09 -0400, John Rethorst <noone@nowhere.net> said:
>
> > Using Apple's Mail 1.3.9 on Panther: I had two email accounts and, in
> > Prefs > Accounts, unchecked Enable for one of them. All the mail in my
> > inbox from that account promptly disappeared! Is there any way to get
> > it back?
>
> can't you just re-enable that account? mail.app creates a mailbox file
> for each different e-mail account...

Believe me, I tried. Re-enabled, re-established, dragged plist out to desktop
and restarted app, etc. Thanks though.

--
John Rethorst
jrethorst at post dot com