Mail .Mac cannot send mail via smtp mac

I reinitialized my .Mac mail box..  pop and smtp server were found
without any problem

I can receive my mail, but I cannot send mail via the .Mac smtp server,
 what could be wrong ?

thanks

joss

0
Josselin

In article <470de294$0$27376$ba4acef3@news.orange.fr>,
 Josselin <josselin@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> I reinitialized my .Mac mail box..  pop and smtp server were found
> without any problem
>
> I can receive my mail, but I cannot send mail via the .Mac smtp server,
>  what could be wrong ?
>
> thanks
>
> joss

Without more detail, it's only a guess...but perhaps your provider is
blocking port 25.  It's probably a good idea to switch to the
"submission port" instead.  I don't use Apple's Mail program for my .Mac
account and don't know just now where to go there for setting this, but
it's an automatic option I use with Eudora.  You should also turn on the
encryption settings for better security.

= Steve =
--
Steve W. Jackson
Montgomery, Alabama
On 2007-10-11 18:07:53 +0200, "Steve W. Jackson"
<stevewjackson@knology.net> said:

> In article <470de294$0$27376$ba4acef3@news.orange.fr>,
>  Josselin <josselin@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>
>> I reinitialized my .Mac mail box..  pop and smtp server were found
>> without any problem
>>
>> I can receive my mail, but I cannot send mail via the .Mac smtp server,
>> what could be wrong ?
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> joss
>
> Without more detail, it's only a guess...but perhaps your provider is
> blocking port 25.  It's probably a good idea to switch to the
> "submission port" instead.  I don't use Apple's Mail program for my .Mac
> account and don't know just now where to go there for setting this, but
> it's an automatic option I use with Eudora.  You should also turn on the
> encryption settings for better security.
>
> = Steve =

Thanks Steve  that's it...     w Apple Mail, it's in the Prefs  port 587 now ..

0
Josselin

Mac mail app problems sending mail??
Sometimes when I send email I get an error message stating it will remain in outbox blah, blah, blah. It also says "Verify that you have addressed this message correctly. Check you SMTP server settings in Mail Preferences and verify and advanced settings with your system administrator." Now... when I go to Mail> Preferences> Accounts, I change the server settings and set authentication to Password. Once I enter password and whatnot, the mail gets sent. Sounds like the problems fixed but......... In a few more days, I get the error message again. This time I set the authenticati...

To Mac or not to Mac?

When is a Mac not a Mac?

Mac to mac

Mac mail.app to iPod touch mail transfer
Running a MacBook with 10.6.5 and a 3rd gen iPod touch with 4.2.1. Without getting into long explanations, I cannot have wifi in my house, and it would be most convenient to write my emails on my Mac, transfer them to my iPod, and send them out from a public hot spot in town. I have been doing this by writing the mails in mail.app>notes, syncing the ipod, then copy and pasting from ipod notes to ipod mail. I have airsharing and goodreader and probably could use them also. But is there a more convenient way like an app at the iTunes store that would directly transfer from mail/Ma...

Help! iSync mac to mac

mac mail not retrieving mail
me, again, this time with a mail issue. Running OS 10.6.8 and mail is version 4.6, on an imac. When I look for new mail, what is happening is nothing. The progress window show retrieving 29 items or 372 items or any other peculiar number - and then nothing shows up. I go to web mail and I see that I have 29 items in my mail, so I know that I am getting mail - it just isn't coming to my computer via the mail program. This is an absolute puzzler to me, and I don't have a clue where to look or even what kinds of things to look for. I have not done any kind of twiddling with ...

Mac Mail app
I'm sure I am probably missing something but I am new to the Mac, so help would be appreciated. The Mac's on board mail client, why is the text size so small on some incoming mail? It is not on all mail so presumably the senders settings have an impact although I would have thought that Mac Mail would have over-ridden these with local settings. Thanks Colin Countryman wrote: > I'm sure I am probably missing something but I am new to the Mac, so help > would be appreciated. > > The Mac's on board mail client, why is the text size so small on some > inco...

bmp-mac, mac and xmms-mac ports
Hello, I can't find these in the ports collections, so i've downloaded and compiled mac and xmms-mac successfully and have confirmed that they work on FreeBSD. I was looking for an APE (Monkey Audio) plug-in for XMMS in the ports collection but wasn't able to find one. I had a bit of trouble with compiling xmms-mac to start off with. The compilation would fail with the following: g++ -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/X11R6/include/xmms -I/usr/local/include/gtk12 -I/usr/local/include/glib12 -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -s -O3 -Wall -pedantic -DBUILD_CROSS_PLATFOR...

Can't send email from Mac App. Mail
Have Graphite G4, running Panther 10.3.9 Have 2 websites on 2 different accounts. There are 3 emails on account #1, 2 emails on account #2. For the last few days, I cannot send mail out of any of them. It just goes to send then after maybe 2 mins a failure with a box that says: ----- MESSAGE DELIVERY FAILED The connection to the server "mail.domainname.com.au" on port 25 timed out. You can try to send using a different server. All messages will use this server until you quit or change your network settings. Send message using: {suggests another server ---- I try the other se...

It's a Mac, Mac, Mac World
I wonder how the Windows users would like my (ab)normal Microsoft-free world: My business: all Mac, no PCs. My dentist, family physician and urologist are all Mac. No PCs. Went to Sir Speedy today for more bus. cards and some binding: all Mac (no surprise there). My daughter's three new college room mates have emailed her. Two have PowerBooks and one has an eMac. (She has a G5 iMac.) I never even see a PC unless I am at the public library or a store using a Windows POS unit. It never was intentional. I don't scout a place to see what frickin' computer they use. Jus...

Run Linux App over Mac OS X via Mac X11
Hello. I have a working Linux GUI app and tried in vain to run it over MacOS X via X11. The error msg from X11 is as follows: ------------------------------------------------- $ Gdk-ERROR **: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation) serial 16453 error_code 2 request_code 45 minor_code 0 ------------------------------------------------------ The app was built using gcc-3.4.2 (gcc-3.4.2/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.4.2), and libwx_gtkd_gl-2.4.a. Could some tell me how to fix or get around it. Many thanks ming -----Original Message----- From: Henk Boons...

Decode this e-mail header (Apple e-mail server mac.com used to send virus link)
This material originally comes from a post made recently in can.internet.highspeed. Seems that someone was following a link in Craigslist and came across a suspect URL that was communicated via private e-mail: ----------------- Please verify this website - I could not open the "file" on separate windows machines after scanning for virii. The URL was confirmed by email. hxxp://www.multiscan.ca/warehouse_price.exe If there is a price list (as expected), please post the answer here. The original posting appeared on Craigslist under Computers (sale). If you wa...

mac mail
I just signed up with fasthosts and created more email accounts. I'm now being sent copies of all received emails every day I log on. It isn't a problem at the webmail end, fasthosts have suggested that my mail programme isn't completing the download and therefore isn't sending a delete message once it's picked up emails from the server. I've got a 'delete from server' setting of one week, but multiple emails are coming from well before that, and the emails aren't being deleted after one week anyway. When I started using fasthosts, I got a message saying my ...

Web resources about - Mail .Mac cannot send mail via smtp mac - comp.sys.mac.apps

Report: Rick Santorum to quit presidential race
CBS News Report: Rick Santorum to quit presidential race CBS News Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum will be dropping out of the Republican ...

Zac Efron to Appear on James Corden's Super Bowl Episode
Zac Efron heads to the gym to work on his Baywatch body with his trainer on Tuesday (February 2) in Los Angeles. The 28-year-old star is set ...

The hedge fund that blasted Yahoo’s $7 million holiday party isn’t buying Marissa Mayer’s rebuttal
During Tuesday's earnings call, Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer took a moment to dispute some of the recent media reports about Yahoo's allegedly lavish ...

S.America in Zika crisis talks as sexual transmission feared
South American health ministers launched emergency talks Wednesday on fighting the fast-spreading Zika outbreak after a US case of sexual transmission ...

Kansas Man Pleads Guilty to Two Counts in Connection With Plot to Bomb Army Post
Kansas man pleads guilty to two counts in connection with plot to bomb Army post

Vintage Military Plane Makes Belly Landing at Dallas Airport
A World War II-era military plane has made a belly landing at Dallas Executive Airport

UN chief urges North Korea to scrap rocket launch
United Nations (United States) (AFP) - UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on Wednesday urged North Korea to drop plans for a rocket launch that ...

'Hunger Games,' 'Game of Thrones' stars team up in emotional 'Me Before You'
If you haven't shipped Daenerys Targaryen with Finnick Odair, you're about to. Actors Emilia Clarke and Sam Claflin star in the the upcoming ...

So Far, The People vs. O.J. Simpson Is Fun TV, and Not Much More
The opening scene of FX’s new series The People vs. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story achieved true horror that no Ryan Murphy production previously ...

Fitbit slims down with fashionable new Alta fitness tracker
Fitbit took a bold step at CES last month when it unveiled the Blaze, a $200 fitness-forward smartwatch that seemed designed to compete with ...