Mail not showing attachments

Hi group,

I've recently run into strange situation of Mail.app not showing the
attachments in the message view window anymore. I see the attachments in
the message list column but they are not shown in the bodies. Of course
I can see them in the source view but this does not help.

Also I can save them from the menu. They just disappeared from the
message view. Usual tricks of trashing the prefs, the Mail folder (with
backup!) etc. didn't help.

Any clues to that?

0
silverdr

In article <3fd60d8e$1@news.inet.com.pl>,
 silverdr <silverdr@inet.remove.it.pl> wrote:

> Hi group,
>
> I've recently run into strange situation of Mail.app not showing the
> attachments in the message view window anymore. I see the attachments in
> the message list column but they are not shown in the bodies. Of course
> I can see them in the source view but this does not help.
>
> Also I can save them from the menu. They just disappeared from the
> message view. Usual tricks of trashing the prefs, the Mail folder (with
> backup!) etc. didn't help.
>
> Any clues to that?

Look in Mail preferences.  Under View there is an option to open or not
open attachments in the body of the E Mail message.  Click
appropriately.
0
clw
12/9/2003 6:48:34 PM
clw@oblivion.world wrote:

>>I've recently run into strange situation of Mail.app not showing the
>>attachments in the message view window anymore. I see the attachments in
>>the message list column but they are not shown in the bodies. Of course
>>I can see them in the source view but this does not help.
>>
>>Also I can save them from the menu. They just disappeared from the
>>message view. Usual tricks of trashing the prefs, the Mail folder (with
>>backup!) etc. didn't help.
>>
> Look in Mail preferences.  Under View there is an option to open or not
> open attachments in the body of the E Mail message.  Click
> appropriately.

Not really. Under view, there is four options to set but none of them is
about opening the attachments in the body. There is headers, there is
online buddy status, there is highlighting colour and the html images.

0
silverdr
12/9/2003 7:20:41 PM
In article <3fd6208a@news.inet.com.pl>,
 silverdr <silverdr@inet.remove.it.pl> wrote:

> clw@oblivion.world wrote:
>
> >>I've recently run into strange situation of Mail.app not showing the
> >>attachments in the message view window anymore. I see the attachments in
> >>the message list column but they are not shown in the bodies. Of course
> >>I can see them in the source view but this does not help.
> >>
> >>Also I can save them from the menu. They just disappeared from the
> >>message view. Usual tricks of trashing the prefs, the Mail folder (with
> >>backup!) etc. didn't help.
> >>
> > Look in Mail preferences.  Under View there is an option to open or not
> > open attachments in the body of the E Mail message.  Click
> > appropriately.
>
> Not really. Under view, there is four options to set but none of them is
> about opening the attachments in the body. There is headers, there is
> online buddy status, there is highlighting colour and the html images.

That bottom one is the one to click "on".
0
clw
12/9/2003 10:02:32 PM
clw@oblivion.world wrote:

>>>Look in Mail preferences.  Under View there is an option to open or not
>>>open attachments in the body of the E Mail message.  Click
>>>appropriately.
>>
>>Not really. Under view, there is four options to set but none of them is
>>about opening the attachments in the body. There is headers, there is
>>online buddy status, there is highlighting colour and the html images.
>>
> That bottom one is the one to click "on".

a) I am damn sure I always had it off, so that no html spam crap would
show, and the attachments were still there.

b) Turning it on as you suggested didn't change a thing.
0
silverdr