f



Mail won't send from Mail

I have a bunch of old mail stuck in my outbox. I didn't go out the first 
time because of a connection problem. Well, now it's been there for 
three weeks. How the heck do I send it?

Maury
0
Maury
4/10/2005 3:17:13 PM
comp.sys.mac.apps 21416 articles. 3 followers. xxx613 (1334) is leader. Post Follow

5 Replies
605 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 22

Maury Markowitz <maury_markowitz@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have a bunch of old mail stuck in my outbox. I didn't go out the first
> time because of a connection problem. Well, now it's been there for 
> three weeks. How the heck do I send it?

"A connection problem" is _somewhat_ vague, you know. ;-)
You'll have to be a _little_ more specific than that, I think, e.g.: 

- Any error messsages?
- What do they say, if any?
- What sort of connection (modem, broadband, cable)
- What ISP (may be relevant)
- What SMTP server (that's the server for outgoing mail)
- Does the SMTP server require authentication?
- Does it help to remove the oldest mail (i.e., the one first in the
queue)?
- and probably more, if these don't turn up anything. 

-- 
/Z
Remove NOT...INVALID to email
0
NOT
4/10/2005 4:39:42 PM
In article <maury_markowitz-BFEE26.11171310042005@news.bellglobal.com>,
 Maury Markowitz <maury_markowitz@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have a bunch of old mail stuck in my outbox. I didn't go out the first 
> time because of a connection problem. Well, now it's been there for 
> three weeks. How the heck do I send it?

Double-click on the message, then click the Send button.

-- 
Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA
*** PLEASE post questions in newsgroups, not directly to me ***
0
Barry
4/10/2005 4:44:12 PM
In article <1gutfjh.1n9rimcedm5qjN%NOT.diskworld@mac.com.INVALID>,
 NOT.diskworld@mac.com.INVALID (Zaphod B) wrote:

> "A connection problem" is _somewhat_ vague, you know. ;-)
> You'll have to be a _little_ more specific than that, I think, e.g.: 

  The ADSL line was down.

  This is a UI question, not a technical one. How do I send all the mail 
in my outbox RIGHT NOW?

Maury
0
Maury
4/10/2005 7:07:21 PM
Maury Markowitz <maury_markowitz@hotmail.com> wrote:

>   This is a UI question, not a technical one. How do I send all the mail
> in my outbox RIGHT NOW?

Press "Check Mail"?
-- 
/Z
Remove NOT...INVALID to email
0
NOT
4/10/2005 9:45:08 PM
In article <1guttcl.11vaksjahcw7pN%NOT.diskworld@mac.com.INVALID>,
 NOT.diskworld@mac.com.INVALID (Zaphod B) wrote:

> Maury Markowitz <maury_markowitz@hotmail.com> wrote:
> 
> >   This is a UI question, not a technical one. How do I send all the mail
> > in my outbox RIGHT NOW?
> 
> Press "Check Mail"?

Do you mean "Get Mail"?  That gets incoming mail, I don't think it 
automatically sends outgoing mail.

Maybe Mailbox->Go Online will try to send all the queued up outgoing 
mail.

-- 
Barry Margolin, barmar@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA
*** PLEASE post questions in newsgroups, not directly to me ***
0
Barry
4/11/2005 3:04:04 AM
Reply: