Mail.app Mailing List?

Does the OS X mail.app have a mailing list about and if so, where can I
find it??

--
Bob Batson
rcb@kc.rr.com

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"
0
Bob

Bob Batson wrote:
> Does the OS X mail.app have a mailing list about and if so, where can I
> find it??

Not sure if it's what your asking, but the Address Book application
allows you to create mailing lists, and there's lots of information in
the Address Book Help file.  Once you've created the list, you can
select it and use it in the Mail application.

In article <rcYye.235$zA.20@fe04.lga>, R Walter <rwalter2@mac.com>
wrote:

> Bob Batson wrote:
> > Does the OS X mail.app have a mailing list about and if so, where can I
> > find it??
> >
> Not sure if it's what your asking, but the Address Book application
> allows you to create mailing lists, and there's lots of information in
> the Address Book Help file.  Once you've created the list, you can
> select it and use it in the Mail application.

I should have clarified my question. I'm looking for an electronic
mailing about the Apple Mail.app where members of said mailing list can
discuss the various features of the program and offer operating tips and
work-arounds.
TIA

--
Bob Batson
rcb@kc.rr.com

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"
0
Bob
7/7/2005 6:41:50 PM
In article <rcb-3C0179.13415007072005@news-rdr-02.rdc-kc.rr.com>, Bob
Batson <rcb@kc.rr.com> wrote:

> I should have clarified my question. I'm looking for an electronic
> mailing about the Apple Mail.app where members of said mailing list can
> discuss the various features of the program and offer operating tips and
> work-arounds.
> TIA

I'm not aware of a Mail-specific list. You could try the OS-X list at
printplanet.com or the Apple user forums.

One site: <http://www.balderstone.ca>
The other site, with ww links<http://www.woodenwabbits.com>
0
Dave
7/7/2005 7:24:36 PM
In article <070720051324368510%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_S.balderstone.ca>,
 Dave Balderstone <dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_S.balderstone.ca> wrote:

> In article <rcb-3C0179.13415007072005@news-rdr-02.rdc-kc.rr.com>, Bob
> Batson <rcb@kc.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > I should have clarified my question. I'm looking for an electronic
> > mailing about the Apple Mail.app where members of said mailing list can
> > discuss the various features of the program and offer operating tips and
> > work-arounds.
> > TIA
>
> I'm not aware of a Mail-specific list. You could try the OS-X list at
> printplanet.com or the Apple user forums.

There are separate topics in Apple's discussion forums on Mail and
Address Book (the pair), where one is Tiger-specific.  Perhaps that fits
the bill.

= Steve =
--
Steve W. Jackson
Montgomery, Alabama
 "Steve W. Jackson" <stevewjackson@charter.net> wrote:

> In article <070720051324368510%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_S.balderstone.ca>,
>  Dave Balderstone <dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_S.balderstone.ca> wrote:
>
> > In article <rcb-3C0179.13415007072005@news-rdr-02.rdc-kc.rr.com>, Bob
> > Batson <rcb@kc.rr.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I should have clarified my question. I'm looking for an electronic
> > > mailing about the Apple Mail.app where members of said mailing list can
> > > discuss the various features of the program and offer operating tips and
> > > work-arounds.
> > > TIA
> >
> > I'm not aware of a Mail-specific list. You could try the OS-X list at
> > printplanet.com or the Apple user forums.
>
> There are separate topics in Apple's discussion forums on Mail and
> Address Book (the pair), where one is Tiger-specific.  Perhaps that fits
> the bill.
>
> = Steve =

Sorry to be dense, but are these discussion forums on printplanet.com?
If not, where are they?

--
Bob Batson
rcb@kc.rr.com

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"
0
Bob
7/8/2005 12:34:38 AM
In article <rcb-F72783.19343807072005@news-rdr-02.rdc-kc.rr.com>, Bob
Batson <rcb@kc.rr.com> wrote:

> Sorry to be dense, but are these discussion forums on printplanet.com?
> If not, where are they?

I hadn't looked at the site for some time, it can be a bit annoying.

They're calling them "eCommunities" now. See
<http://www.printplanet.com/ecomm.asp>

If you can get past the pretention of the guy running printplanet, the
mailing lists are reasonably useful.

I waver...