Numbers Format Bar

Is there a way to make the format bar larger in Numbers 2009? It is way
too small. Thanks.
0
Raover
10/15/2009 12:54:13 AM
comp.sys.mac.apps 21208 articles. 0 followers. xxx613 (1334) is leader. Post Follow

In article <hb5rrn$bf9$1@news.eternal-september.org>,
 Raover <raover@comcast.net> wrote:

> Is there a way to make the format bar larger in Numbers 2009? It is way
> too small. Thanks.

Agreed that it's too small. You do have the choice of changing the icon
size on the main Toolbar, but not the format bar.

Can I encourage you to use the "Provide Numbers Feedback" item in the
main Numbers menu to report this to Apple?

--
Paul Sture

Automatic numbering
Hello, after upgrading to 6.0.3, I cannot insert anymore automatic numbering references to tagged cells in a custom cell style with Insert -> Automatic Numbering -> Counter <custom_style> + The first cell with the tag <some_tag> Tagged cells in the custom style are definitely present in the notebook, but the style disappeared from the Counter popup menu. I did not encounter any problems in versions 6.0.0 to 6.0.2 Best regards, Hannes Kessler ...

make Strcmp as numbers
Hi, I want to make like strcmp function but with numbers. I tried to make it step by step but I got some problem. For example, a = [ 0 2 0 2 1 3 4 5 0]; b = [ 0 2 1 3]; I used intersect in Matlab but I got the result of intersect with sorting. I want to just get 0 2 1 3 (without sorting). Is there any method than intersect function to get some result? Also, anther problem is when I use ismember function ismember(a,b) I got this result 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 1 But I wanted to get 0 0 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 May I get any type of help? Thank you in advance Try this file by ...

product numbers
where would one find the product number for disk mirroring? ------------------------------------------------- Larry Simonsen Phone: 801-437-3737 Flowserve Corporation Fax: 801-491-1750 505 E. Technology Ave http://www.Flowserve.com Bldg. C, Suite 3100 e-mail: LSimonsen@Flowserve.com Orem, UT 84097 ------------------------------------------------- All opinions expressed herein are my own and reflect, in no way, those of my employer. * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/a...

maxtor low level format
Hi My Maxtor drive failed with bad sectors. I also get SMART error condition relocatable sector count on this drive. The company support told me to do a low level format with maxblast and then I can use the drive again. Isnt a SMART error and indication that the drive is at the end of life? Is it worth to do the low level format? Hod Previously hodw <hodwi@netvision.net.il> wrote: > Hi > My Maxtor drive failed with bad sectors. > I also get SMART error condition relocatable sector count on this > drive. > The company support told me to do a low lev...

Insert series/sequence of numbers
I have a mysql database where I want to bulk insert a series of numbers. Is there a way to insert 1000 records (with one sql statement) where a field called fld_listnum starts at 2223 and increments up to 3223? > Is there a way to insert 1000 records (with one sql statement) where a > field called fld_listnum starts at 2223 and increments up to 3223? > Theoretically: yes. In practice: I think you will run out of command buffer space on a lot of servers, unless you specifically configure them with a large command buffer. Why must it be one statement? If you want the action to b...

is this a reliable way to get the number of executing procesors (Intel, AMD, ARM, ... which ever flavor of Unix would run on) from /proc/cpuinfo?
_PROX=$(cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep "processor" | tail -n 1 | awk '{ print $3}') let "_PROX+=1" echo "\${_PROX}: "${_PROX} ~ Also, once I saw a site similar to the w3.org ones (in which you could check if your [h|x]tml and schemas are kosher), but for bash scripts POSIX compliance. ~ I did search for a while, but couldn't find it. What was that site? ~ thanks lbrtchx ~ unix.shell: is this a reliable way to get the number of executing procesors (Intel, AMD, ARM, ... which ever flavor of Unix would run on) from /proc/cpuinfo? On 0...

kaspersky serial number download
http://themircosoft.com/seo/in.cgi?12 kaspersky serial 206 serial kaspersky 157 kaspersky 6.0 serial 76 serial kaspersky 6.0 66 kaspersky serial key 58 kaspersky 7.0 serial 56 kaspersky 6.0 serial key 47 kaspersky 7 serial 38 kaspersky serial number 35 kaspersky anti hacker serial 32 serial do kaspersky 31 kaspersky 6 serial 30 kaspersky antivirus 6.0 serial number 29 kaspersky internet security 6.0.0.303 serial 25 kaspersky 6.0.1.411 serial 25 serial kaspersky pro 5.0.391 23 kaspersky 6.0 serial code 22 kaspersky personal pro serial 21 serial kaspersky anti virus perso...

Netbios name and IP number
I have a mistake with samba on two new linux boxes (Mandriva 2007 and samba server 3.0.23d) I want a service called pchome with a directory name based on the netbios name of the PC. So, i write the following section : [pchome] comment = PC Directories path = /home/PC/%m public = no writable = yes And, before, i create the directory on the server (i.e. /home/PC/my_pc). Sometimes, this works fine but another times this failed and i have the following error message in logs : '/home/PC/10.133.7.123' does not exist or permission denied when connecting...

Format IDE HD on PT68K4
Hi I'm installing a new IDE drive on my system and have (long) forgotten the sequence of using the utilities. I know it was a little complex in working out the tracks, offset clusters etc And of the utilitys to use; "hegformat" and the updated "hdformat" supplied by PT to set the cluster size and partition(s). Also has anyone connected a Compact Flash card to their system? of which would probably be more useful since we are limited to 4G. John P Colyer wrote: > Hi > > I'm installing a new IDE drive on my system and ha...

Random number #7
hello, I have a vector of integer numbers and some nan values in that vector. Is it possible to let the nan values be filled randomly from the other values in the vector.? thx J Joseph wrote: > > > hello, > > I have a vector of integer numbers and some nan values in that > vector. Is it possible to let the nan values be filled randomly > from > the other values in the vector.? > thx Let us call the vector 'v' with dimension 1 x n. Did I understand you correctly that you wanted to replace each 'NaN'-entry with the value of some non-NaN entry choose...

Palm Desktop printing formats
Hi Folks, I want to be able to print the block weekly view from Palm Desktop for windows. I think that's not going to happen, so, does anyone know of a other calendar apps that have flexible printing that I could export my Palm calendar to? Thanks. allie ...

Re: Creating large numbers of 0/1 variables #3 661708
liuwensui@GMAIL.COM replied: >data one; >do i =3D 1 to 20; >output; >end; >run; > >proc transreg data =3D one; > model identity(i) =3D class(i); > output out =3D test(keep =3D i i1-i19); >run; Good answer. I personally prefer to use the DESIGN output option. That way, the proc knows that the objective is design matrix creation, and not analysis. Also, in this way the proc creates the &_TRGIND macro variable which holds the list of the created names, for easier analysis. If we build a slew of dummy variables and store the list in &_TRGIND then w...

Diff between SAS and Oracle floating point numbers
Hi, I am creating a SAS dataset from an Oracle table using proc sql, and have a problem with numeric variables. For instance, the numeric variable VISIT that have the value 601.3 in the database looks as if it has the same value in the dataset, but if I run a proc compare with a manually created dataset where I set VISIT = 601.3 I get the following result: || Base Compare Obs || VISIT VISIT Diff. % Diff ________ || _________ _________ _________ _________ || 1 || 601.3000 601.3000 1.137E-13 1.891E-14 I have tried to solv...

Tk::Photo -data format
Hi, I am supplying image data (BMP or PNG) via the -data option to Tk::Photo. Is it necessary for the data string to be BASE65-encoded? Own experiments suggest yes, my understanding of the (german) man-page was different (that I could supply directly the contents of a file). Background: I want to transform the image in memory using Imager or something similar and then display it using Tk::Photo. Oliver Oliver 'ojo' Bedford wrote: > Hi, > > I am supplying image data (BMP or PNG) via the -data option to Tk::Photo. > Is it necessary for the d...

Re: convert alpha to number for phone #3
I suggest you TRANSLATE the character to numbers then read number string into numeric var and format with PICTURE. proc format; picture phone other='0-000-999-9999'; run; data phone; input phone:$upcase11.; length tnum $11; tnum = translate(phone, '222','ABC', '333','DEF', '444','GHI', '555','JKL', '666','MNO', '7777','PQRS', '...

mean of even numbers consecutively
Hi all, I have 100 random values. And then I decide that i have to make 50 mean values. the first mean value is from the first and second random data. The second mean value is from the third and the fourth random data. And this process continue until the 50th random value Does anyone can help me, please regards, hnf hanif wrote: > Hi all, > > I have 100 random values. And then I decide that i have to make 50 > mean values. the first mean value is from the first and second random > data. The second mean value is from the third and the fourth random > data. And this proce...

REQ: serial number
I am looking for the serial number or crack for Virtual Warfare by Wild Tangent or Shockwave please desperate .......JBall jball schrieb: > I am looking for the serial number or crack for Virtual Warfare by Wild > Tangent or Shockwave please desperate .......JBall Keep on looking ... elsewhere. Obviously you're not desparate enough to pay for your games. :-P mendel -- Feel the stare of my burning hamster and stop smoking! "jball" <jscheffele170@rogers.com> wrote in news:JV4sb.24174$HoK.20904 @news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com: > I am loo...

Time format subtraction
Hi everyone, I'm trying to subtract some times so as to get the average time interval for a job, but the problem is that my database has the times stored in the formats as shown here: 11:00:00AM, 9:00:00PM, 5:30:00PM and so on. How can I subtract these times? I can't do it directly, i.e "Select to_timestamp(Session_start) - To_timestamp(Session_end) from session" because I'm getting error messages due to the 'AM' and 'PM' found in the times(I think). So I thought of a cursor (again...) that would add 12hours to the PM times, and then I could delete the ...

Invivisible folder/files on DirectCD-formatted CD
It happened twice in the past 9 months. A folder containing twentysomething files was copied from hard drive onto a DirectCD-formatted CD. When checked, the newly copied folder and files were simply disappeared from the CD. However, the older folder and files on the same CD was visible. Eventually, I found that the whole, newly copied folder/files became visible after ticking "show the hidden files". I wonder how this happened. Satoshi. Satoshi wrote: > > It happened twice in the past 9 months. > A folder containing twentysomething files was copied fro...

Lavview File Formats
Labview creates a set of files with extensions .1,.2,.3.4.5 when you have setup a bunch of parameters and save them off. The setting up takes a lot of time. Are there any programs that can create these labview files from a text file? If not are there any descriptions (from National Instruments) that describe the .1 etc. file formats? I would like to be able to write a text file with the parameter values I want in them and then be able to run a program to create the Labview output files. Any info or help would be appreciated. ...

Using icons in Visual Basic for a tool bar
I'm a newbie who's starting out with a simple project in Visual Basic ..Net. I'm using the book "Beginning VB .Net 2003" for examples of what I want to do. One of the examples is for creating a toolbar, and the book talks about using icons that are supposed to be in a directory in the Visual Studio path. I don't have this directory (I bought the software off the Microsoft Website, and don't have the master disks to reinstall from). My question is, what's the best way to get public domain icons for use in a toolbar (i.e. - Exit, Copy, Paste, Save All)? Al...

read text and number Excel file
Hi, Am trying to read in an Excel file that contains both text and numbers without getting the text replaced by NaN. I tried the following, but NON worked: [num,str]=xlsread('filename.xls'); and Name = xlsread('filename.xls'); Thanks ! so what did you get? "A Ram" <shal.hat@gmail.com> wrote in message <ha0b5a$3cu$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi, > > Am trying to read in an Excel file that contains both text and numbers without > getting the text replaced by NaN. > > I tried the following, but NON worked: > > [num,str]...

Re: How to format output to a word file using ods
Rune, I think you can find most of what you need in Laren's SUGI paper: http://www2.sas.com/proceedings/sugi30/043-30.pdf HTH, Art --------- On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 09:03:14 +0100, Rune Runnest?ne@FASTLANE.NO> wrote: >I want to use features in ODS , if they exist, to obtain a report with a >better layout. > >Here is a test code illustrating the issue: > >data test1; > set sashelp.class; > where Name like 'A%'; >run; > >data test2; > set sashelp.class; > where Name like 'J%'; >run; > >ods rtf file = "d:\temp\repor...

number of pages in bibliography
Hello, which value shall I enter in the pages field of a BibTeX entry---the total number of pages or the maximum number used as a page number? The latter one can be smaller since page 1 is usually not the first page but the first page after the table of contents and the like. Wolfgang Wolfgang Jeltsch wrote: > which value shall I enter in the pages field of a BibTeX entry---the total > number of pages or the maximum number used as a page number? The latter one > can be smaller since page 1 is usually not the first page but the first > page after the table of contents and the lik...

Changing decimal based numbers to trinary
I am new to MATLAB and I have to write a function that changes any positive number in the decimal base to its representation in Trinary. Here is what I wrote: function t=Ternario(u) i=1; if u==0 t=zeros(1,1); else while u>1 b(i)=mod(u,3); t=(u-b(i))/3); i=i+1; end t=t((i-1):-1:1) end (Note: I copied most of this code from another function and changed the parameters and stuff). If anyone can see whats wrong, or how to improve, I would really apreciate it. Gustavo B. In t=(u-b(i))/3 i put an extra ). That was just a typing mistake. It is not...