PackageMaker not installing my app

OK I've solved one problem in PackageMaker 3.0.1 only to end up with
another one for another package.  I have an application, it's actually
a customized Mozilla browser. It's nothing special, it runs when you
double-click it.  I can manually drag it to the Applications folder
just fine and it will run from there.  I've tried creating a package
installer that does one simple thing, copies my app to the /
Applications directory.  I changed the permissions to rwxrwxr-x,
chown'ed the owner to root, and group to admin per tutorials on
PackageMaker. So I build the package... When I
run it and it supposedly installs (no errors), the application is not
in my /Applications directory.  I saw the installation bar
progressing, my package is 26 MB so it obviously has my app in it.
Anyone have any ideas why my application isn't getting copied to the /
Applications folder?  My destination is /Applications/My App.app and
this is probably the most simple type of install one can do.
0
mattdorais
5/2/2008 5:24:12 PM
comp.sys.mac.apps 21405 articles. 2 followers. xxx613 (1334) is leader. Post Follow

Hello. It also happened to me.

I even removed a receipt file and deleted from the receipt DB suing
pkgutil --forget <the-id>

what is worse is that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
With an installer file which works, it works, With an installer file
which doesn't work, it doesn't work.
They are made in the same way. I think this is a bug, and reported it
today.

Let's hope that they would answer and fix.

P.S. By the way, why the documentation on the PackageMaker and itself
are not good is because not so many people use it.
Most Mac apps are installed by simple drag-and-drop. So, I guess it is
less exposed to be tested, and it may answer why there are some pretty
popular 3rd party installer makers.

On May 2, 10:24=A0am, "mattdor...@gmail.com" <mattdor...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> OK I've solved one problem in PackageMaker 3.0.1 only to end up with
> another one for another package. =A0I have an application, it's actually
> a customized Mozilla browser. It's nothing special, it runs when you
> double-click it. =A0I can manually drag it to the Applications folder
> just fine and it will run from there. =A0I've tried creating a package
> installer that does one simple thing, copies my app to the /
> Applications directory. =A0I changed the permissions to rwxrwxr-x,
> chown'ed the owner to root, and group to admin per tutorials on
> PackageMaker. So I build the package... When I
> run it and it supposedly installs (no errors), the application is not
> in my /Applications directory. =A0I saw the installation bar
> progressing, my package is 26 MB so it obviously has my app in it.
> Anyone have any ideas why my application isn't getting copied to the /
> Applications folder? =A0My destination is /Applications/My App.app and
> this is probably the most simple type of install one can do.

0
JongAm

Speed-Up.app from Mac App Store
Has anyone purchased, or know anything about, Speed-Up.app, which is available from the Mac App Store? (This is not an iPhone app.) It looks like it would be useful to me for playing back songs in iTunes at variable speeds, but I can't find any documentation for it to even see how it works. The Mac App Store info says it works with 10.5+, but it hasn't been updated since Jan 2011. The link to "Speed-Up Support" is broken but it does get you to a site that advertises Speed-Up as an iTunes plug-in. However, there's remarkably little there about Speed-Up, s...

Why/when would app installer require quitting all apps?
Greetings! I just had the experience of running an installer for a new app, TurboTax 2003, which notified me that it required that all other apps quit. I'm running OS X 10.3.2, and as usual under OS X, all kinds of things are going on with my computer, and it wasn't convenient to quit everything. But this brings up a question: why on EARTH would an app like this want to quit all other running apps? Isn't this contrary to the spirit of OS X? I can understand that if I install an OS update, well, I have to restart. But why would a normal app do this? My hypothesis is that it...

mac app store apps dl limits
Was thinking about picking up an app or two or three (pages, numbers and find any file). Apple person at the store said the Apple apps aren't just one system per buy but thought there was some sort of limit. Is this a app store variable, an app variable or what? And would anyone know what the deal is on the above mentioned apps is? Would re-installing software require a deauth before hand? In article <l5c6qq$tfa$1@dont-email.me>, M. John Matlaw <nouser@invalid.com> wrote: > Was thinking about picking up an app or two or three (pages, numbers and > find any file). Apple person at the store said the Apple apps aren't > just one system per buy but thought there was some sort of limit. Is > this a app store variable, an app variable or what? And would anyone > know what the deal is on the above mentioned apps is? Would > re-installing software require a deauth before hand? apps can be installed on as many devices as you own. there is no limit, other than your wallet in buying the devices. On 11/5/13, 9:05 PM, nospam wrote: > In article <l5c6qq$tfa$1@dont-email.me>, M. John Matlaw > <nouser@invalid.com> wrote: > >> Was thinking about picking up an app or two or three (pages, numbers and >> find any file). Apple person at the store said the Apple apps aren't >> just one system per buy but thought there was some sort of limit. Is >> this a app store...

setup program of an app believes this app is already installed
Weird subject line, my apologies, but the only accurate one I could think of. I am using MS Windows XP Home Edition (Version 2002). I previously had the game "Etherlords" installed, but this installation didn't went well. So I want to install it again. First I tried to deinstall the previous installation. Unfortunately, because this installation was broken, the deinstallation procedure also did not work. So I tried to simply overwrite the previous installation by calling the setup program again. Unfortunately this setup program wants to be "smart": it d...

An app to find apps
Enjoying an IPad 3 and wondered if there is an app to search for and find apps. With 600,000 apps it might make sense. In article <johg9a$dal$1@dont-email.me>, Charles <charlesschuler@comcast.net> wrote: > Enjoying an IPad 3 and wondered if there is an app to search for and find > apps. With 600,000 apps it might make sense. the app store app, along with a number of other apps that list apps of the day or other things. or just launch safari (or another browser) and search via google. On Thu, 10 May 2012 18:42:50 -0400, Charles wrote: > Enjoying ...

Crypto-Apps: Ciphers App-1 and App-2.
These ciphers are available now for free downloading from, http://www.adacryptpages.com (navigate to the bottom title boxes). Crypto-App Ciphers - Apps_1 & 2. - Personalised Cryptography for Tablets, L= aptops, Desktop, Main Frame Computers in Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8. Download App_1=20 Download App_2=20 No need to study the cryptography, the mathematics, the programming, the co= mputer science (unless you really want to and then you just peruse the othe= r title boxes on the same site) - instead, just teach yourself to run these= 'apps' as you would any other app...

installation routine for Mac OSX apps
I have a Mac application that is a Java console application. Many people have bought it and have not had a problem installing it with the cryptic Terminal program instructions. However, I know there are a few people who really have a problem and don't know how to launch the program. I have a fairly recent version of Codewarrior but since we did this code in a Sun Java compiler am not sure it will work to create an installation routine. Is it possible to create an installation program in Codewarrior, or are their 3rd party companies out there for this purpose? Here is the present routi...

Installing Python Apps on Mac Lion
The Lion version of the OS on the Mac comes with Python 2.7 installed, but it is in /System/Library/Frameworks/..., and this area is not writable by third party apps. So is there a consensus on what apps that typically install under the Python site-packages directory should do in this situation? Installing Python from python.org puts it in the writable area /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework. So, what should a Python app installer do? Thanks In article <2ffee45b-8987-4fb4-8c8b-c1eed728e890@glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups.com >, JKPeck <JKPeck@gmail.com> wrote: > The Lio...

"Installed" in Mac App Store
"(By the way, the way the App Store decides something is "Installed" is if both the app identifier and version number match.)" https://twitter.com/kcase/status/23119133084229632 -- Sandman[.net] Sandman stated in post mr-F2BCC9.21523406012011@News.Individual.NET on 1/6/11 1:52 PM: > "(By the way, the way the App Store decides something is "Installed" > is if both the app identifier and version number match.)" > > https://twitter.com/kcase/status/23119133084229632 Thank you. -- [INSERT .SIG HERE] ...

Can older Mac 68K apps be converted to FAT or PPC apps to run on PPCs?
Can someone explain the difficulty level to do this? I have an obsolete form filler application that is only for 68K Macs. How much trouble is it to convert? Robert Hovland <ranospamhovland@earthlink.net> writes: > Can someone explain the difficulty level to do this? I have an obsolete > form filler application that is only for 68K Macs. How much trouble is > it to convert? As I understand it, updating your code and building a Carbon version of your app isn't too much trouble. Carbon is essentially just a newer version of the class Toolbox API, so Carbonating your app won't be nearly as much work as creating a completely "foreign" port would be. On the other hand, you *do* need to have the source code for the app, and you *will* need to do some updating of it and build a Carbon version. As far as I know, there is no "converter" that will easily magically a 68K app into a modern app with no programming needed. sherm-- -- Cocoa programming in Perl: http://camelbones.sourceforge.net Hire me! My resume: http://www.dot-app.org In article <ranospamhovland-BA1FB0.12265508082005@news.west.earthlink.net>, Robert Hovland <ranospamhovland@earthlink.net> wrote: > Can someone explain the difficulty level to do this? I have an obsolete > form filler application that is only for 68K Macs. How much trouble is > it to convert? Probably little-or-none if you've got the so...

Installed apps
I posted a request on here a few weeks ago for some help in getting a list of installed applications on a Windows 2000 PC using VB6. I got a reply back showing how to query the uninstall list which was superb and did exactly what I wanted. I now have a need to expand that a bit and provide the last date used for these applications as is displayed in Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs. Any ideas/pointers? Many thanks, Mark ...

How to run an app from another app
Hello, I'm trying to start an app from another. Now I use the execv system call: the secondary app starts, but the first exits! I need the execv to immediately return , and the first app to go on running. How can I do? Thank! "patrick carosso" <carossopatrick@yahoo.it> writes: > Hello, > I'm trying to start an app from another. Now I use the execv system call: > the secondary app starts, but the first exits! I need the execv to > immediately return , and the first app to go on running. > How can I do? > Thank! man fork -- M�ns Ru...

Closing an app from another app
Hi I have a wx application (Currently on windows) where I need to close the application from another app. I can get the window handle of the main window, but passing either WM_CLOSE or wxEVT_CLOSE_WINDOW doesnt seem to do anything. Ive done this before in Win32 apps, so I know Im close, but cant quite figure this out. Thanks -=Bob McCown inSORS Integrated Communications --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwidgets.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@lists.wxwidgets.o...

App Store is not a store for apps
"Hi, I've got an iPhone and I would like to buy an app for it." "What's the problem?" "Well, at what store do I buy the app?" "At the App Store." "Huh?" "You buy an app for your iPhone at the App Store." "No, Apple says an app store is not a store for apps, so where do I buy my app?" "At the App Store." Okay... I'm talking, but you're not listening. Apple says that the App Store is *not* a store for apps, so *where* do *I* *buy* an app for my iPhone? "At the App Store." &quo...

VB6 App on top of all other apps
How can I run a VB6 app which will pop-up its form on top of all other Windows programs currently running? Just like instant messages behave. It is an urgent reminder which times out after a specified time. Initial use is to warn that the server will shortly go off-line. Private Declare Function SetWindowPos Lib "user32" (ByVal Hwnd _ As Long, ByVal hWndInsertAfter As Long, _ ByVal x As Long, ByVal y As Long, _ ByVal cx As Long, ByVal cy As Long, ByVal _ wFlags As Long) As Long Const SWP_NOMOVE = &a...

Starting ccl 1.8 mac app install from shell?
I always run from a shell (terminal) on my mac, usually via emacs (no slime= -- too complex). Unfort. I want to use ql, so I needed to upgrade my ccl b= cs of some random lossage (I was on 1.5), so I install the "convenient" mac= app, and I can start it but I always get a mac-style listener. There doesn= 't seem to be a -nw option, or similar, to just listener from the terminal.= How can I do this? Thanks in advance. jshrager@gmail.com writes: > I always run from a shell (terminal) on my mac, usually via emacs (no > slime -- too complex). Unfort. I want to use ql, so I needed to > upgrade my ccl bcs of some random lossage (I was on 1.5), so I install > the "convenient" mac app, and I can start it but I always get a > mac-style listener. There doesn't seem to be a -nw option, or similar, > to just listener from the terminal. How can I do this? Thanks in > advance. The version of Clozure CL 1.8 that is in the Mac App Store doesn't support a command-line only mode. I'd like to add that feature, but I haven't had time. See http://trac.clozure.com/ccl/ticket/956. It's a one-line command to check out a current CCL from our Subversion repository. That sounds like it might be a better option for you. See http://ccl.clozure.com/download.html. On 4/24/13 1:22 PM, jshrager@gmail.com wrote: > I always run from a shell (terminal) on my mac, usually via emacs (no slime -- too complex). ...

How to launch an app from another app
Hello, I need do start an app from another. Now I use then execv system call: the secondary app starts, but the first exits! I need the first to go on running! How can I do? Is there another system call? Thank you! "patrick carosso" <carossopatrick@yahoo.it> writes: > Hello, > I need do start an app from another. > Now I use then execv system call: the secondary app starts, > but the first exits! I need the first to go on running! > How can I do? Is there another system call? > Thank you! Don't multipost. -- M�ns Rullg�rd mru@mru.ath.cx patrick caros...

app-to-app message exchange
I'm probably not using the correct terms, so please excuse... I need to have a ruby app that loops and keeps a serial port open, essentially listening every second or so. then I need to send messages to that serial port app so that it can send outgoing messages, as in a queue fashion, from other ruby apps. Is there a gem that can handle cross ruby application message queues? -- Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/. Karl Smith wrote: > I'm probably not using the correct terms, so please excuse... > > I need to have a ruby app that loops and keeps a serial port open, >...

Reviewing Apps at the App Store
I do not own an iOS device, so I'm talking about the Mac App Store here. However iOS users may have similar experiences so read on. One week ago I downloaded the free miDVD app from the Mac App Store. It's a very, very bare-bones DVD creator, and I was pretty sure of its limitations from the get-go. After a couple of days I wrote a short lukewarm review of the app and posted it to the App Store. I compared it with similar free and payware products including iDVD, mentioning the fact the iLife '09 is still available at that "jungle-themed" online retailer...

Where to install apps?
This is something about Linux that has always confused me. In which directory should one install applications? Is there a standard location? Thanks. "Hiawatha Bray" <watha@monitortan.com> wrote in message news:CgQZb.73216$IF1.67124@nwrdny03.gnilink.net > This is something about Linux that has always confused me. In which > directory should one install applications? Is there a standard > location? Thanks. Look at section 17.2 of http://www.icon.co.za/~psheer/book/index.html.gz tony -- use hotmail for any email replies -----= Posted...

Installing Apps 11.5.10 & copying data/migrating from Apps 11.5.7 to 11.5.10
1. This is about installing 11i Apps 11.5.10 on Win 2000. We are attempting to load Vision in order to see the default settings, etc. for our migration from 11.5.7. After installation we installed and entered sysadmin on logon page, received message of "insufficient privileges" - any suggestions ? 2. On our production box we are at 11.5.7 (Oracle Financials), preparing to upgrade to 11.5.10. We have been unable to find documentation or other customers migrating up or even documentation on metalink. One major concern is migrating all our production data, settings, etc. to work o...

Running Android Apps in Windows 7 with Bluestacks App Player,,Read more: http://www.cnx-software.com/2011/10/13/running-android-apps-in-windows-7-with-bluestacks-app-player/#ixzz38290JMar
http://www.cnx-software.com/2011/10/13/running-android-apps-in-windows-7-with-bluestacks-app-player/ ...

Resizing Motif/Xaw/Xlib apps vs. resizing GTK/Qt apps, and how to speed up an Xlib app
I'm toying with Xlib at the moment (for the experience mostly) and am experiencing difficulties with resize events. From what I've heard on IRC and the Web, it appears that my application is currently processing and acting upon every ConfigureNotify event I'm recieving (basically a few XResizeWindow calls), causing /something/ inside X to get majorly spammed, lag to bits, and in turn cause my application to lag really badly. And the contents of my window are lagging up really badly because of this too. The biggest difference/discrepancy in resizing I've found w...

Web resources about - PackageMaker not installing my app - comp.sys.mac.apps

Josh Wiseman - LinkedIn
View Josh Wiseman's professional profile on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is the world's largest business network, helping professionals like Josh Wiseman ...

Cocoa - September 30, 2000
cocoa xcode cocoa xcode Cocoa - September 30, 2000 21:17 wherefore pxbuild? Michael B. Johnson 19:35 A problem with NSMutableArray from java... ...

Thousands of Macs In The Enterprise – How The Big Companies Roll
... what files were added, modified, or deleted, and create a package file that replicates the end result of the custom installer. Apple’s PackageMaker, ...

Change Log - The Firmware Umbrella – TinyUmbrella
... degraded… needs to be fixed! 6.00.00 Updated for 5.0.2 appletv2&3 Updated for 6.0 all betas No more pkg installer for OSX (thanks to packagemaker ...

yahoo/KeyKey · GitHub
Contribute to KeyKey development by creating an account on GitHub.

TeX Live 2012 released
The TeX Live 2012 distribution includes all the ingredients of the latest TeX version. ISO images for all supported operating systems are now ...

Getting Started with the Enterprise Suite
Overview Product Industries Healthcare Technology Financial Services Hospitality Public Sector Retail Higher Education Human Resources Insurance ...

Apple - Secunia
Secunia Login VIM 4 Login VIM 3 Login CSI 7 Login Community Login SmallBusiness Login Blog Latest News Careers About Secunia PRODUCTS CORPORATE ...

Creating Flat Packages in OSX
I was recently involved with a daemon-style Java project that needed a simple installer solution for OSX. We didn’t require a huge amount of ...