PackageMaker not installing my app

OK I've solved one problem in PackageMaker 3.0.1 only to end up with
another one for another package.  I have an application, it's actually
a customized Mozilla browser. It's nothing special, it runs when you
double-click it.  I can manually drag it to the Applications folder
just fine and it will run from there.  I've tried creating a package
installer that does one simple thing, copies my app to the /
Applications directory.  I changed the permissions to rwxrwxr-x,
chown'ed the owner to root, and group to admin per tutorials on
PackageMaker. So I build the package... When I
run it and it supposedly installs (no errors), the application is not
in my /Applications directory.  I saw the installation bar
progressing, my package is 26 MB so it obviously has my app in it.
Anyone have any ideas why my application isn't getting copied to the /
Applications folder?  My destination is /Applications/My App.app and
this is probably the most simple type of install one can do.
0
mattdorais
5/2/2008 5:24:12 PM
comp.sys.mac.apps 21204 articles. 0 followers. xxx613 (1334) is leader. Post Follow

Hello. It also happened to me.

I even removed a receipt file and deleted from the receipt DB suing
pkgutil --forget <the-id>

what is worse is that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
With an installer file which works, it works, With an installer file
which doesn't work, it doesn't work.
They are made in the same way. I think this is a bug, and reported it
today.

Let's hope that they would answer and fix.

P.S. By the way, why the documentation on the PackageMaker and itself
are not good is because not so many people use it.
Most Mac apps are installed by simple drag-and-drop. So, I guess it is
less exposed to be tested, and it may answer why there are some pretty
popular 3rd party installer makers.

On May 2, 10:24=A0am, "mattdor...@gmail.com" <mattdor...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> OK I've solved one problem in PackageMaker 3.0.1 only to end up with
> another one for another package. =A0I have an application, it's actually
> a customized Mozilla browser. It's nothing special, it runs when you
> double-click it. =A0I can manually drag it to the Applications folder
> just fine and it will run from there. =A0I've tried creating a package
> installer that does one simple thing, copies my app to the /
> Applications directory. =A0I changed the permissions to rwxrwxr-x,
> chown'ed the owner to root, and group to admin per tutorials on
> PackageMaker. So I build the package... When I
> run it and it supposedly installs (no errors), the application is not
> in my /Applications directory. =A0I saw the installation bar
> progressing, my package is 26 MB so it obviously has my app in it.
> Anyone have any ideas why my application isn't getting copied to the /
> Applications folder? =A0My destination is /Applications/My App.app and
> this is probably the most simple type of install one can do.

0
JongAm

PackageMaker corrupting files?
I'm having some major problems with PackageMaker and I have some clues that might help figure out what's going on. I have an app I created from an Applescript, I saved it as an application. Using "Get Info" in Finder tells me that it's 60 KB. Using Terminal "ls -l" tells me that the exact same app is 13780 bytes large... that's the first strange part (apps created with applescript apparently aren't folders like regular apps). Now I've created a package using PackageMaker which just installs that app to the /Applications directory. I changed the permi...

Installing SAS EG
I'm trying to install SAS Enterprise Guide on my laptop running Windows XP and it keeps asking me to reboot. Has anyone had this problem? Is there a way to fix it? ...

US-MI-Auburn Hills: System Admins, AIX installation/administration, 3-5yrs exp; (45335832409)
US-MI-Auburn Hills: System Admins, AIX installation/administration, 3-5yrs exp; (45335832409) ============================================================================================= Position: System Admins Reference: SMC01881 Location: Auburn Hills MI Duration: 5M Skills: AIX 3-5yrs exp Scope: Installation of AIX and System Administration for Server consolidation and Maintenance. Please send your current resume in confidence to <staffing@eurosoft-inc.com> ..45335832409. ...

Unable to install Adobe Reader v7.0 in Debian.
Hello. After reading http://tinyurl.com/5ztbs newsgroup thread, I downloaded ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/unix/7x/7.0/enu/AdbeRdr70_linux_enu.tar.gz to a Windows desktop, decompressed the .tar.gz file with WinZip v8.1, and burned the files to a CD-RW (on dial-up at home so I downloaded it at work). I copied the AdobeReader/ to my Debian box and tried to install it, but it didn't get far: AdobeReader$ ./INSTALL :bad interpreter: No such file or directory. Any ideas why this error message comes up? I am using Debian r3.1 with Kernel 2.6.10-k7. Thank you in advance. :) -- &q...

How to find professional installer to install CAT 5 cable outlets in my business?
hello i am planning to use paperless system in my biness that will run 4 computers and 1 printer. i would like to set up a hardwire network and was wondering how to find professionals that can do this kind of job and around how much the job will run. thank in advance david "david" wrote: > hello i am planning to use paperless system in my biness that will run > 4 computers and 1 printer. i would like to set up a hardwire network > and was wondering how to find professionals that can do this kind of > job and around how much the job will run. thank in advance ...

installation script
Hi All, Is there any available sample for a installation shell script, which performs the installation of a product. It should create the directories, change the file permissions execute some command etc. regards Jagpreet On Aug 16, 11:43 pm, jagpreet <jagpre...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > Is there any available sample for a installation shell script, which > performs the installation of a product. > > It should create the directories, change the file permissions execute > some command etc. > > regards > Jagpreet Sun's jdk-6u2-linux-i586.bin in...

Installing MacOSX 10.2 on a platinum-beige Power Mac
Hello, i have a friend with a very old computer platinum-beige Power Mac (233 MHz) that he still likes and don't want to replace. It works fine with MacOSX 9.1 Unfortunately he bought a HP scanner that only has a device driver for 10.2 or later. >From the support page the system should be able to run 10.2 but it doesn't. There is no additional SCSI card in the system just the internal 4 GB drive. I couldn't find any indication that the system needs a firmware update. The updates are only for the blue-white G3, not the platinum-beige. The system installs well (the Disk Tool c...

Problems encountered during XP installation in X61s
I got my X61s with vista basic, and I want to replace vista with XP pro. What I did are: 1. Connect it with an external DVD rom through USB port. 2. Login to BIOS setup and change the harddrive to compatibility mode. 3. Boot from external DVD drive with XP pro CD software 4. Get the C drive formated and start loading XP files. So far so good until this step, however, 5. After the startup files were loaded, the system is rebooting and installation is continued. 6. When the system rebooted for the next step installation, it can not find the required files from CD software disc, it prompts m...

Wireless card installation
Hello everyone, Does anyone know of any good resources for installation of a Linksys WPC11 on Fedora Core 4 kernel 2.6.x? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Clyde On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 01:25:28 +0000, Clyde Goffe wrote: > Does anyone know of any good resources for installation of a Linksys WPC11 > on Fedora Core 4 kernel 2.6.x? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'd try here: http://www.google.com -- If you're not on the edge, you're taking up too much space. Linux Registered User #327951 Clyde Goffe wrote: > Does anyone know of a...

5.2.1 Won't Install on Compaq DL360 (G1)?
Guys, Although I have dabbled with various unix's over the years I have never really done much in depth so am a bit stuck as to where to go with the following problem. I have a Compaq DL360 G1 server which I just use for server type dabbling when I need to. This machine has 2xPentium III CPU's and has previously run Redhat 8.0 and before that FreeBSD 4.6.2. I decided to install FreeBSD 5.2.1 on it and have a dabble with stuff like Apache and PHP. Problem is everytime I boot the first CD it hangs just after the Generic ISA VGA message along with another about time counte...

self-verified apps
Is there a something already out there that can take a "packing list" with file names and hashes and validate each item in the file before allowing any of them to run? -- -Richard Hartman hartman@onetouch.com 186,000 mi/sec: not just a good idea, it's the LAW! rmhartman wrote: > > Is there a something already out there > that can take a "packing list" with file > names and hashes and validate each item > in the file before allowing any of them > to run? > > -- > -Richard Hartman > hartman@onetouch.com > ...

Install clearcase plugin for xemacs
Hi, We run xemacs from a app server (/app/xemacs/21.4.17/bin/xemacs). We have no rights to install our own extensions (packages) like clearcase on the server ( which is good some ways). However I wounder if it is possible to add packages locally ( my home directory) so I get my customized version? If yes how? Cheers, //mikael Petterson Mikael <mikael.petterson@era.ericsson.se> wrote: > Hi, > We run xemacs from a app server (/app/xemacs/21.4.17/bin/xemacs). We > have no rights to install our own extensions (packages) like clearcase > on the serve...

Install a jar files returns SQL1024c Error
Hi all, I tried to add a jar file to db2 with the following command: call sqlj.install_jar('file:/mnt/MIS/Applications/db2/lib/udf.jar', 'udfs') It returns this error message: SQL1042C An unexpected system error occurred. SQLSTATE=58004 Does anyone know what the problem is ? the DB2 doco for the error is completely un-helpful. We are running DB2 8.1 on RH Linux. Please help. Derek ...

US-NY-Valhalla: APP PROGRAMMING,BS Visual Basic,C++/Java ASP,SQL; 3M (45355133298)
US-NY-Valhalla: APP PROGRAMMING,BS Visual Basic,C++/Java ASP,SQL; 3M (45355133298) ==================================================================================== Position: APP PROGRAMMING Reference: ZYD00138 Location: Valhalla NY Duration: 3M Skills: BS Visual Basic, C++ or Java;hands on experience with Microsoft ASP, COM, COM+, IIS ,SQL Server, ADO, LDAP; Scope: Moving web applications from Windows NT to Windows. Please send your current resume in confidence to MShanks@Eurosoft-inc.com ..45355133298. ...

MCR installation
I made an exe file of my program. I have MCRinstallation in <matlabroot>\toolbox\compiler\deploy\win32 directory. I wanted to ask in order to run my program on other computer which has no MATLAB installed in it do i have to install this MCR whose setup is available or there is some other installation procedure?? "Divya " <divu24@gmail.com> wrote in message <gvnpjl$idr$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > I made an exe file of my program. I have MCRinstallation in <matlabroot>\toolbox\compiler\deploy\win32 directory. I wanted to ask in order to run my program on othe...

SilverKeeper and File Not Found installation err [solution]
Hi all, Installation of he SilverKeeper Backup software, packed with the LaCie Harddisk, resulted in a "File not found" errormessage and no installed SilverKeeper. Found few similar issues on the net without solution though. Tried to run the installer as admin user with Pseudo gave the same result. Finally installation with login as admin user did succeed. So for anyone who ran into this error: login with your admin user and then install from the LaCie disk. Details LaCie SilverKeeper 1.1.4 iMac Intel C2Duo 2.33 Ghz / 3 GB / 698 GB OS X 10.4.10 three user accounts and one admin ...

Need help w/ RH 7.2 install
Hi guys, I am trying to install Red Hat 7.2 on my UP1000 700. I have tried the string: apb> bootl up1000.pal vmlinux.gz root=/dev/hdc It loads the pal code and loads the kernel into memory, but all I get is a blank black screen with a blinking cursor at the top. I would also like to know how I can verify what my CDROM drive is called. Is there a trick to determining whether it is /dev/hdc or something else? (btw it's a sony atapi drive). Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mike In article <f35ff412.0402101340.3c72c2f5@posting.google.com>, \ ...

packagemaker error
I'm updating an already built package that simply copies an app into the Applications folder (I'm a sys admin and this is the easiest way to update apps via Remote Desktop). I changed the installer package with PackageMaker to reflect the new version of the app, built it, deployed it and it did nothing. It's supposed to update Adium from 1.1.4 to 1.2, but the target computer still has 1.1.4. So I opened the installer on my machine to run it and it gives me an error "You cannot continue. There is nothing to install." I've done these packages updates all...

PackageMaker
I made an Installer using PackageMaker 1.1.11, and it works fine for Mac OS 10.2 and 10.3, but when I try to install my app on Mac OS 10.1.5, an error occurs telling that the Installer couldn't set the file attributes: ERROR:Die Dateiattribute k´┐Żnnen nicht gesetzt werden. - pax: error 1:Could not set permissions on . - Operation not permitted I'm installing as admin user! Strange thing is that the files are installed but it seems that the user right can't be set properly. Is this a problem of different version of PackageMaker? Is there a work-around? Than...

qmail Installed. Now what?
I followed the installation instructions in lifewithqmail.com and qmail is now working (i think, i didn't get any errors or anything). Does this mean i have working mail server? If so how can I connect a mail client like outlook express? Thanks, -Rex ...

matlab installer error
hello, I'm tring to install matlab r2011b in mac air with lion 10.7.3. When i launch the installer the console say this: Preparing installation files ... Installing ... Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/mathworks/installwizard/Launcher Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mathworks.installwizard.Launcher at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoa...

PackageMaker not installing my app
I have an application, it's actually a customized Mozilla browser. It's nothing special, it runs when you double-click it. I can manually drag it to the Applications folder just fine and it will run from there. I've tried creating a package installer that does one simple thing, copies my app to the / Applications directory. I changed the permissions to rwxrwxr-x, chown'ed the owner to root, and group to admin per tutorials on PackageMaker. So I build the package... When I run it and it supposedly installs (no errors), the application is not in my /Applications direc...

windows apps. check it out
torrents etc. http://torrent.youceff.com/referal.php?ref=789 ...

US-TX-Austin: Websphere Developer, Java, WebSphere, XML, apps development; 10M (45332232407)
US-TX-Austin: Websphere Developer, Java, WebSphere, XML, apps development; 10M (45332232407) ============================================================================================ Position: Websphere Developer Reference: SMC01807 Location: Austin TX Duration: 10M Skills: 4+yrs exp using JAVA. 4+yrs web application development exp , preferably with JAVA Server Pages and servlets. 1+yr exp with IBM WebSphere 6Mnths+ exp with XML 4+yrs exp with all phases of application analysis, design...

Unable to install software due to insufficient admin privileges.
I have just bought a new Canon camera and am trying to install the software cd that came with it. The cd mounts, opens to show the setup.app and allows me to click it , but then I get an error message "Installation program of EOS Digital Solutions disk requires Administrator privileges ". I have tried with another newly created Admin account to no avail. Canon support have not been very forthcoming. Does anyone on here have any ideas. I have a 2010 iMac running 10.74. -- Welsh Gas Remove usual to reply direct. paulatwoodsforddotcodotuk In article <CC348F61.512EC...