Question about importing Eudora mail into Eudora 6.2

I just downloaded Eudora 6.2 and want it to import all the settings and
mail from my old Eudora 4.2 OS 8.x program.

It came with a import feature, but it would only work if I was using a
later Eudora as my version was too old.  Back in 2001 In tried Eudora
5.x or whatever version was latest at that time, but for some reason did
not like it, or perhaps did not want to pay the money, so I removed it.
Eudora 6.2 when installed copied all the Eudora 5.x settings and mail it
so appears.  Even though I am know running OS X, and I was then running
OS 9.1.  When I moved to OSX I did copy my Performa 6360 hard drive
over, so Eudora must have found those settings in the old Performa 6360
folder.

So if anyone can show me the manual way of doing this I will appreciate
it.  I heard of one person having issues because he was using PC
formatted floppies or zips from his old machine.  Looks like I wont have
this problem as my settings and mail are already on the drive.

Also can anyone answer why Pure Voice is missing from version 6.2?
Thank you.

John
0
Bible

[f'ups set]

Bible John <john.doggett@x-files.gov> wrote:

> I just downloaded Eudora 6.2 and want it to import all the settings and
> mail from my old Eudora 4.2 OS 8.x program.
>
> It came with a import feature, but it would only work if I was using a
> later Eudora as my version was too old.

You do not need to import the settings and mail; they are the same old
format they always were and will work just fine as they are.  You do
however need to put them where Eudora on OS X expects to find them.

If you've already installed Eudora and started it up, Eudora will have
put the Eudora Application folder in the Applications folder.  It will
also have created a Eudora Folder in the ~/Documents folder.  This is
where you want to move the Eudora Settings file and old email.  If
Eudora has already created In, Out, Trash, and Junk folders, you'll want
to replace the new ones with the old In, Out, and maybe Trash folders.
(I know, it's not recommended, but I store a lot of valuable old mail in
the Trash folder.  If you do also, then you'll want to replace the new
Trash with the old Trash.)

If you have new mail in the new In and Out boxes that you want to keep,
temporarily move them someplace else rather than just replacing them.
Once you've got your old mailboxes in place, start up Eudora and use
Mailbox | Other.... to navigate to the new mailboxes and transfer the
mail from the new to the old In and Out.

Sorry, I can't help any with the Pure Voice question.
--
Kathy - I know, I said I wouldn't respond to any more of your posts, but
this one was completely reasonable, so I'm reneging on my prior word.
Kathy Morgan <kmorgan@spamcop.net> wrote:

> I know, it's not recommended, but I store a lot of valuable old mail in
> the Trash folder.

Oh Kathy!
--
Peter
0

Import mail archives from Eudora 6 for Windows to Eudora 6 for Mac
Good morning/evening everyone ! I am a french user of Eudora, and I encounter this problem : I precedently used Eudora on a Windows plateform ; and now I have bought a Macintosh (^-^) and I would want to recover my mail archives on the Macintosh. Is there a way to import these archives from the Eudora version which is installed on Windows, to the Mac Version ? Thank you for your help (and sorry, really, for my very bad english :/ ) Nakaori In <BBDC2EFB.936F%mad.youri@unseelie-court.net> Mad Youri <mad.youri@unseelie-court.net> wrote: > Good morning/evening ev...

Need help reverting from Eudora 6.2.4 to Eudora 6.1.1 on Mac
I've been a user of Eudora for my email for years, and had been using 6.1.1 in paid mode for the last couple of years. So, last night when an "Update Available" popped up automatically in the program, I finally decided to upgrade, even though it would mean paying another fee. So, I go ahead and download 6.2.4 (apparently bypassing the Eudora home page and going directly to download) and install it, only to find: 1) Qualcomm quit offering a paid mode last May, and 2) the sponsored mode has disabled spam filters. Now, all the spam dumps right into my In box. Is there a way I can...

transfer eudora 6 to eudora 6.2
With a new Dell Computer, I would like to transfer my Eudora 6 mailboxes, address book, etc. to Eudora 6.2....is this possible? Also, my 6 had a "voice" feature which I could use to attach a voice message with an email.....the 6.2 doesn't seem to have that........any known reason why? Any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks - cvb On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 17:18:48 -0600, "carolavb" <twovans@blomand.net> wrote: >With a new Dell Computer, I would like to transfer >my Eudora 6 mailboxes, address book, etc. to >Eudora 6.2....is this po...

Eudora 6.2.5.6, I have it in paid mode even now is free all Eudoras and no longer exists but it was working till two days ago, I can send e-mails from it but cannot receive as I have error 200 saying
Then apear a message saying: the server certificate was rejected for the following reasons : error unknown : then when I click appears : do you want to trust in this certificate for future sessions. then the certicate is displayed as follow: Certificate: Data: Version: 3 (0x2) Serial Number: 903804111 (0x35def4cf) Signature Algorithm: sha1WithRSAEncryption Issuer: C=US, O=Equifax, OU=Equifax Secure Certificate Authority Validity Not Before: Aug 22 16:41:51 1998 GMT Not After : Aug 22 16:41:51 2018 GMT ...

Transferring Eudora Addresses from older mac using OS 8.6 and Eudora 5.1 to new iMac using Panther !0.3 and Eudora 6.1
I have looked at all items on the strings appropriate or close to this problem back to May2004 with no useful input. I saved my old Eudora folder from my old machine on to a CD. I then loaded this into the new iMac and copied the Eudora Folder (not the applications folder) on to the desktop thinking Eudora 6.1 would see it and do the business. I had previously loaded up Eudora 6.1 (which seems to be working perfectly in all other aspects) and when it asked if I wanted to import infor from another application I said yes to..."from other". ( Eudora is not among these tha...

Eudora 6.1.2 over Eudora 6.0.0.22 ??
Can Eudora 6.1.2 paid be installed over Eudora 6.0.0.22 paid ?? TIA ***************************************************** E-mail address altered to foil spam. Remove extra to reply via e-mail. ***************************************************** whayface wrote: > > Can Eudora 6.1.2 paid be installed over Eudora 6.0.0.22 paid ?? Yup. Notan ...

Importing Mail/Address book to Eudora from Mail app
As per the header. What I can't seem to do is using the Import command from within Eudora is to import the contents of my Mac Address Book into Eudora. Also importing mailboxes, for some reason Eudora duplicates them into 2 lots of mailboxes, most likely from when I used to run 2 accounts in Mail. Is there any way of merging the 2 boxes into 1? I'm using a G5 iMac Power PC. Thank you, Peter P.S. Please note that the e-mail address given is a spam trap. My correct e-mail address is peterNOSPAM@pfjames.NOTHANKS.co.uk Remove the obvious to reply -- He spoke wit...

Importing existing mail from Outlook2002 or Eudora 6 to Pegasus-mail?
Is there a way to do this? Or do I have to keep my old mail-client to have access to my mail archives? Best Regards Jan Erik Frithjofsen On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 08:35:11 GMT, Jan Erik Frithjofsen <jefrithjofsen@rocketmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to do this? Or do I have to keep my old mail-client to > have access to my mail archives? > > Best Regards > Jan Erik Frithjofsen > If you are using Outlook2002 with MsExchange and therefore Windows Messaging (aka MAPI) then I have a utility (PM2MSM32) you may be interested in. To migrate Eudora messages,...

Double e-mail with Eudora 6.2.1.2
Just intalled this new version a few days ago and it's been working fine, until about an hour and a half ago. Now suddenly Eudora is loading two of each e-mail. The incoming mail icon on the task bar is even duplicate, two of those! This also means double spam, of course. I've tried re-starting Eudora and re-booting, but the problem persists. I checked my e-mail via the web and there's only one of each e-mail message there, so it is Eudora. Any suggestions? Figured it out. I'd created a personality and forgot to uncheck the "check mail" bo...

Importing from Eudora to Eudora
Trying to import Eudora 5.2 mailboxes from the old computer into Eudora 6.0 on the new computer. (Networked and otherwise talking well). The Import/Export function doesn't find any valid mailboxes on the old system. Are they hidden elsewhere? Strange hidden proceedure? Me being too obtuse? Also am trying to avoid a copy/paste situation since we've been using the new computer for emails and don't want to loose anything downloaded since installation. Thanks in advance Thren@worldnet.att.net > > The Import/Export function doesn't find any valid mailb...

Import from Eudora to Eudora???!!?
I am a Eudora 5.1 user and I just upgraded to 7. I'm shocked to discover that there's no way to simply say "take all of my accounts and filters and settings and stuff into 7". I have to re-enter all of my filters? All of my personalities? Are they kidding? I must be missing a menu option here, please help. thx Check out http://eudorabb.qualcomm.com/showthread.php?t=7505 dterrors@hotmail.com wrote: > I am a Eudora 5.1 user and I just upgraded to 7. I'm shocked to > discover that there's no way to simply say "take all of my accoun...

Importing Outlook Express 6.0 Mailboxes to Eudora 6.2
How does one import Outlook Express 6.0 Mailboxes into Eudora 6.2? TIA! JEG On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 01:29:27 GMT, "JEG" <champion02@yahoo.com> wrote: >How does one import Outlook Express 6.0 Mailboxes into Eudora 6.2? File -> Import -- Ajo Wissink I did that and it imported all OE mailboxes, but when I tried to view it Eudora froze and I had to use task manager to end the program. I can't view the imported OE Mailboxes? Any suggestion? TIA "Ajo Wissink" <ajo@notrealaddress.invalid> wrote in message news:7i3dq095ffug2h...

Eudora 6 questions #2
I am using the free sponsored version of Eudora 6 and wanted to know if it is worth it to spend the $39 for the same program with the spam filter. First is the $39 a one time charge or does it have to be renewed yearly to use the spam filter. Is there an effective free spam filtering program for use with Eudora 6? Thanks for your help! mouln@yahoo.com (victor voul) wrote: >I am using the free sponsored version of Eudora 6 and wanted to know >if it is worth it to spend the $39 for the same program with the spam >filter. > >First is the $39 a one time charge ...

Problem viewing imported Eudora 6.1 mail in Outlook Express 6
Hello, I had some email messages in IMAP account that I was accessing with Outlook Express 6. I wanted to try Eudora 6.1, so I started it, but I didn't realize it was downloading the email locally and removing them from the server. I now want to return to Outlook Express, so I tried importing messages from Eudora, but now many messages just appear as HTML code. I also tried moving the messages from the local Eudora Inbox into the IMAP Eudora Inbox folder, but messages still appear as HTML code when i access the IMAP inbox folder from Outlook Express. How do I get these messa...

Web resources about - Question about importing Eudora mail into Eudora 6.2 - comp.sys.mac.apps

Facebook Expands Feed Connect (er, Feed Importing) to More Sites
About six weeks ago, Facebook launched Feed Importing for the first time, allowing users to connect their Facebook accounts to Flickr, Yelp, ...

YouTube - iPad importing photos from floppy disk.
You are using an outdated browser, which YouTube no longer supports. Since some features on YouTube may not work, you are viewing a lightweight ...

Thousands sign petition urging an end importing of primates for medical research
... inquiry has revealed horrific practices in the name of medical research. A petition with more than 14,000 signatures calling for a ban on importing ...

Importing fuel will prove better for the consumer
Importing fuel will prove better for the consumer

Former supervisor at Victoria's desalination plant jailed for importing marketable quantity of cocaine ...
A former supervisor at Victoria's $4 billion desalination plant who&nbsp;snorted cocaine he imported from Mexico to feed his habit and sell,&nbsp;cope ...

Importing nannies is not the right solution for Australia's childcare crisis
Migrant domestic workers: is that the answer for Australia or is it exploitation?

Mark Clermont sentenced to life in jail for importing drugs worth $260 million inside road roller
A judge has praised police for preventing cocaine and methylamphetamine with a street value of $260 million reaching the streets of Sydney and ...

Hong Kong man charged with importing 150kg of crystal methamphetamine into Sydney
A Hong Kong national is charged with importing 150 kilograms of ice following a joint-agency investigation in Sydney.

Man, 91, charged with importing cocaine hidden in soap boxes into Australia
A 91-year-old Sydney man has been charged with importing cocaine hidden in soap into Australia, prompting police to warn travellers to beware ...

Adobe updates Photoshop Express for Android with blemish removal tool, RAW importing, more
Adobe has actively been rolling out new and powerful tools for mobile platforms in recent months including Lightroom Mobile for iPad followed ...