Quicken app for Mac

Hi guys,
what app do you use to do your financial stuff? I guess quicken is
dead... Any alternatives?

Thanks!
0
Joe

Joe Doe <no@email.com> wrote:

> I guess quicken is dead...

And why do you guess this?  Intuit has released Quicken 98, 2000, 2001,
2002, 2003 and 2004 for the Mac, so unless you've heard there'll be no
future versions, I'd say you guess incorrectly.

--
Mike Rosenberg

mike
1/31/2004 12:39:22 AM
Funny, I've been using Quicken 2004 for a few months now.

In article <no-C662CE.00571931012004@news.fu-berlin.de>, Joe Doe
<no@email.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
> what app do you use to do your financial stuff? I guess quicken is
> dead... Any alternatives?
>
> Thanks!
0
Jason
1/31/2004 4:51:58 AM
In article <1g8e3te.16j7i3o1ac1mn0N%mike@POSTTOGROUP.invalid>,
 mike@POSTTOGROUP.invalid (Mike Rosenberg) wrote:

> Joe Doe <no@email.com> wrote:
>
> > I guess quicken is dead...
>
> And why do you guess this?  Intuit has released Quicken 98, 2000, 2001,
> 2002, 2003 and 2004 for the Mac, so unless you've heard there'll be no
> future versions, I'd say you guess incorrectly.

I got an email from Intuit that said that Quicken 98 will no longer be
supported - no more online services or technical support without
upgrading.  Perhaps this is what the OP means.

However, as far as I know, Quicken 98 and the others will still work.
0
Daniel
1/31/2004 5:28:23 AM
"Joe Doe" <no@email.com> wrote in message
> Hi guys,
> what app do you use to do your financial stuff? I guess quicken is
> dead... Any alternatives?

Well, my alternative was Quicken. For Windows. Virtual PC is good at this -
stick a copy of Windows 95 on it (later versions are emulated far too
slowly), install Quicken for Windows and use that. Works fine.

I don't get the choice of a Mac version - I'm in the UK and there's no UK
Mac Quicken. Also, having used it, the Mac version was quite a way behind
its Windows equivalent. Sad, but true.

An emulated Win95/Quicken 2003 combination is running with no trouble on my
866Mhz 12" Powerbook - I tried XP, and it was like watching paint having to
be mixed before even starting to dry...

Cheers,
Ian

0
Ian
1/31/2004 9:59:09 AM
In article <snyds-060999.23282330012004@cnews.newsguy.com>, Daniel L.
Snyder <snyds@tcq.NOSPAM.net> wrote:

> In article <1g8e3te.16j7i3o1ac1mn0N%mike@POSTTOGROUP.invalid>,
>  mike@POSTTOGROUP.invalid (Mike Rosenberg) wrote:
>
> > Joe Doe <no@email.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I guess quicken is dead...
> >
> > And why do you guess this?  Intuit has released Quicken 98, 2000, 2001,
> > 2002, 2003 and 2004 for the Mac, so unless you've heard there'll be no
> > future versions, I'd say you guess incorrectly.
>
> I got an email from Intuit that said that Quicken 98 will no longer be
> supported - no more online services or technical support without
> upgrading.  Perhaps this is what the OP means.
>
> However, as far as I know, Quicken 98 and the others will still work.

I use Quicken 98 still, on OS 8.6. It works, although there are a few
bugs that seem to relate to the fact that calendar functions hadn't
been written to still be working.  (Or this may be a Y2K problem, I'm
not sure.)  But dates in the ledgers still work, and as long as I stay
away from the buggy parts, it works okay.
0
Cranberry
1/31/2004 6:09:21 PM
Cranberry <cranberry@berry.nu.invalid> wrote:

> I use Quicken 98 still, on OS 8.6. It works, although there are a few
> bugs that seem to relate to the fact that calendar functions hadn't
> been written to still be working.  (Or this may be a Y2K problem, I'm
> not sure.)

Versions prior to Quicken 98 had some Y2K issues, but Q98 is supposed to
be fully compliant.  In fact, Intuit gave free copies of Quicken 98 to
users of those prior versions who contacted them about those Y2K issues.

--
Mike Rosenberg

mike