Remote desktop

Hello,

We have recently bought an Apple Power Mac G5 for a running project.

I would want to know if it exists any method to connect to the remote
desktop of G5 using several OSs like GNU/Linux or Windows.

We know about Apple Remote Desktop, but this application only works to
connect Mac with another Mac computer. On the other side we have tested
the VNC server, but it doesn't like us because only let one user to
connect simultaneously to the open session on the G5.

We are interested to find something similar to the XDMCP protocol that
X-Window uses on UNIXes systems.

Both, SSH and Remote Desktop daemons are activated in the Power Mac G5.
Now we only need to know which programs we have to use to connect
several users at the same time (10 is the maximum value of users that
our Mac OS X Phanter let us) to their desktop.

Please, ... Does anybody know how I can do this?

Thx for advance,
Regards.
    o//o     Ra�l de la Cruz Mart�nez   E-mail: delacruz at ac upc es
   o//o      CEPBA-IBM Research Institute (CIRI)  www.cepba.upc.es/ciri
  o//o       http://people.ac.upc.es/delacruz     Tel: +34 93-401 16 49
o//o  CIRI  C/Jordi Girona 1-3, Despatx C6-S103. BCN, Catalonia, SPAIN
delacruz (1)

In article <c6iumi$lmf$1@defalla.upc.es>, Ra�l de la Cruz
<delacruz@ac.upc.es> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We have recently bought an Apple Power Mac G5 for a running project.
>
> I would want to know if it exists any method to connect to the remote
> desktop of G5 using several OSs like GNU/Linux or Windows.
>
> We know about Apple Remote Desktop, but this application only works to
> connect Mac with another Mac computer. On the other side we have tested
> the VNC server, but it doesn't like us because only let one user to
> connect simultaneously to the open session on the G5.

Select "Always Share Display" in OSXVNC (the server).

--
Jerry Kindall, Seattle, WA                <http://www.jerrykindall.com/>

        Send only plain text messages under 32K to the Reply-To address.
        This mailbox is filtered aggressively to thwart spam and viruses.
0
Jerry
4/26/2004 3:07:54 PM
Otherwise, there are AstroView and AstroShare, which seem completely
independent from VNC, are not entirely free (the "share" part is free,
the "view" was $5 last month), but are *really* easy to use, and
cross-platform...

Herv�

--
Fr�d�rique & Herv� Sainct, h.sainct@laposte.net
Fr�d�rique's initial is missing in front of the above address