Running Windows Apps on mac os x without booting Windows XP: soon ! ( ?)

subject:  Mac os x on intel machines:--->  WINE on Mac os X ??

Since wine is unix/ linux, and runs windows apps,
I suppose it will be possible to run windows apps
on mac os x-intel, without the windows OS.

Is there somebody aware of this / working on
the project ??  (a port)

Thanks,
Marc
-----PS----
Apple says: The blue & White is supported for OS X. �It is not true. �
The rev A poses problems ...

http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/apple/

Apple phished me into a lots of lost time, lost money and lost
credentials...

--
een appeltje te schillen met
http://users.fulladsl.be/spb13810/apple/

This maybe doesn't quite answer your question, but the article and
commentary should be helpful:

http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/06/07/1936219&tid=10&tid=3

Cheers!

0
sammysheep
11/15/2005 4:55:09 PM
switcher wrote:
> Is there somebody aware of this / working on
> the project ??  (a port)

These guys were. Not sure if they're still active, but I suspect so:
http://darwine.opendarwin.org//

-- Steve
0
Steven
11/15/2005 6:17:15 PM
<sammysheep@gmail.com> wrote:

> This maybe doesn't quite answer your question, but the article and
> commentary should be helpful:
>
> http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/06/07/1936219&tid=10&tid=3
>
> Cheers!

May I know the reason why you crossposted to a French newsgroup? Nothing
to do here you have (Master Yoda).
--
Ghupt esch ghupt! Zeruckhupe git's net!
Remplacez FromMyTrailer.invalid par wanadoo.fr pour r�pondre en priv�!
 switcher <no@mail.be> wrote:

> subject:  Mac os x on intel machines:--->  WINE on Mac os X ??
>
> Since wine is unix/ linux, and runs windows apps,
> I suppose it will be possible to run windows apps
> on mac os x-intel, without the windows OS.
>
> Is there somebody aware of this / working on
> the project ??  (a port)

Anyone who's working for Apple on the Intel project or a developer would
be in violation of their NDA to discuss your question in public. The
reality is, we'll just have to wait to see how this all shakes out.
0
Shawn
11/15/2005 8:45:17 PM
Shawn Hirn <srhi@comcast.net> wrote:

> Anyone who's working for Apple on the Intel project or a developer would
> be in violation of their NDA to discuss your question in public. The
> reality is, we'll just have to wait to see how this all shakes out.

Even if this is true talkin', does someone on fr.comp.os.mac-os.x give a
s..t to it? Or ask your questions/post your answers in French.

Okay?

Now, via, via!