Running X windowing system on Mac

--B_3166440513_1071842

Hi, I am running the X-windows app on my mac (PB G4 running Panther) and was
wondering where one goes to change the default shell for a given user.

Thanks in advance

--B_3166440513_1071842

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Running X windowing system on Mac</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE=3D"Verdana"><SPAN STYLE=3D'font-size:12.0px'>Hi, I am running the X-=
windows app on my mac (PB G4 running Panther) and was wondering where one go=
es to change the default shell for a given user.<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Thanks in advance<BR>
</SPAN></FONT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--B_3166440513_1071842--

comp.sys.mac.apps 21416 articles. 2 followers. xxx613 (1334) is leader. Post Follow

* Paul Richardson <paulincognegro@earthlink.net>, 2004-05-03 23:55 +0200:
> Hi, I am running the X-windows app on my mac (PB G4 running Panther) and was
> wondering where one goes to change the default shell for a given user.
>

> Thanks in advance

System-wide this way:

/Applications/Utilities/NetInfo Manager: users: (name): shell

-Andre
0
Andre
5/3/2004 10:00:03 PM
In article <BCBC0C40.FA4%paulincognegro@earthlink.net>, Paul Richardson
<paulincognegro@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Hi, I am running the X-windows app on my mac (PB G4 running Panther) and was
> wondering where one goes to change the default shell for a given user.

Use the "chsh" command.  "man chsh" for more info.
0
Lot
5/3/2004 10:33:41 PM
On 5/3/04 3:00 PM, in article 20040503220003.GB26670@hvk.local, "Andre
Berger" <andre.berger@web.de> wrote:

> * Paul Richardson <paulincognegro@earthlink.net>, 2004-05-03 23:55 +0200:
>> Hi, I am running the X-windows app on my mac (PB G4 running Panther) and was
>> wondering where one goes to change the default shell for a given user.
>>

>> Thanks in advance
>
> System-wide this way:
>
> /Applications/Utilities/NetInfo Manager: users: (name): shell
>
> -Andre
Thanks

/pgr

0