Safari 4 kills Xcode

I know probably not a lot of y'all use Xcode, and it took me while to
get bitten, but the Safari 4 beta, once installed, kills yer Xcode
(crash on launch).

First time, I hadn't launched Xcode in a while, I assumed it was the
10.5.6 upgrade, or the security fix or something. Anyway, you can
download the latest Xcode and reinstall and all will be well, except
that it's a gig of download. I don't care, I've got unlimited nicely
fast broadband; not all are so lucky.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2627?viewlocale=en_US
http://developer.apple.com/technology/xcode.html
--
Suddenly he realized that he was alone
with a giant halfwit on a dark deserted street.

0
Warren
3/6/2009 12:10:52 PM
comp.sys.mac.apps 21416 articles. 2 followers. xxx613 (1335) is leader. Post Follow

In article <49b11297$0$19847$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com>,
 Warren Oates <warren.oates@gmail.com> wrote:

> I know probably not a lot of y'all use Xcode, and it took me while to
> get bitten, but the Safari 4 beta, once installed, kills yer Xcode
> (crash on launch).
>
> First time, I hadn't launched Xcode in a while, I assumed it was the
> 10.5.6 upgrade, or the security fix or something. Anyway, you can
> download the latest Xcode and reinstall and all will be well, except
> that it's a gig of download. I don't care, I've got unlimited nicely
> fast broadband; not all are so lucky.
>
> http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2627?viewlocale=en_US
> http://developer.apple.com/technology/xcode.html

It's not really a reinstall that helps-- it's an upgrade.  Safari 4 beta
is incompatible with Xcode 3.0.  Xcode 3.1.2, which came out a few
months ago, coexists just fine with Safari 4.

--
Tom "Tom" Harrington
Independent Mac OS X developer since 2002
 Tom Harrington <tph@pcisys.no.spam.dammit.net> wrote:

> It's not really a reinstall that helps-- it's an upgrade.  Safari 4 beta
> is incompatible with Xcode 3.0.  Xcode 3.1.2, which came out a few
> months ago, coexists just fine with Safari 4.

It does indeed, and yes, I should have said "update" rather than
"reinstall."